Official OPPO BDP-83 Owner's Thread [technical talk only] - Page 1331 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 85Likes

post #39901 of 39905 Old Today, 01:30 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 947
^ This firmware does NOT address the various, older problems for which there were already well known workarounds -- e.g., use Bitstream output for DTS-HD MA 7.1 tracks, use LPCM output for TrueHD 7.1 tracks, and the procedures already described in the FAQ for dealing with movies which do not start from Top Menu (such as Erasing Persistent Storage). This firmware is SPECIFICALLY for this new issue of "Wrong Disc" errors, resulting from Fox's oddball, new authoring technique.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39902 of 39905 Old Today, 01:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Note the BDP83-60-1110 FW update works on BDP-83 BD players in both USA and UK locations.

Oppo Beta Group
post #39903 of 39905 Old Today, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ This firmware does NOT address the various, older problems for which there were already well known workarounds -- e.g., use Bitstream output for DTS-HD MA 7.1 tracks, use LPCM output for TrueHD 7.1 tracks, and the procedures already described in the FAQ for dealing with movies which do not start from Top Menu (such as Erasing Persistent Storage). This firmware is SPECIFICALLY for this new issue of "Wrong Disc" errors, resulting from Fox's oddball, new authoring technique.
I've found nothing to make Stripes work, unfortunately.
post #39904 of 39905 Old Today, 02:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thank you Oppo for still supporting the BDP 83 with this firmware update. I am an original owner and have had no hardware problems with this player.
What are some of you buying as a backup blu ray player that is less than $100? Any recommendations?
Not ready to purchase another Oppo yet. Thanks!
post #39905 of 39905 Old Today, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adinn View Post
Thank you Oppo for still supporting the BDP 83 with this firmware update. I am an original owner and have had no hardware problems with this player.
What are some of you buying as a backup blu ray player that is less than $100? Any recommendations?
Not ready to purchase another Oppo yet. Thanks!
I got the Samsung BD-H5900. Very highly-rated, even by Consumer Reports. $74 shipped from Amazon, though it's under the $68 Black Friday sale at other sites (NYS has to pay sales tax), including Samsung's own. The BD-H6500 seems to be the same thing, but with 4k video. It's a lot more expensive and I have no use for that.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Oppo , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page