Official OPPO BDP-83 Owner's Thread [technical talk only] - Page 1337 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #40081 of 40092 Old 12-21-2014, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmoto View Post
Do I have something set up incorrectly that sometimes I hear a high-pitched noise coming through the speakers from the player? It seems when the player is doing something.
I think we'd need more information. Do you hear it from the player or from your speakers? If it's the player, is it when it's playing a disk or at all times?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40082 of 40092 Old 12-21-2014, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Do I have something set up incorrectly that sometimes I hear a high-pitched noise coming through the speakers from the player? It seems when the player is doing something.

How are you set up -- digitally or via the multichannel analog interface?

post #40083 of 40092 Old 12-22-2014, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelliVolume View Post
How are you set up -- digitally or via the multichannel analog interface?
MultiChannel.
post #40084 of 40092 Old 12-22-2014, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
MultiChannel.

Unfortunately, I'm connected via the HDMI digital interface and never experience that problem so I can't really help...

Have you contacted OPPO about it?

post #40085 of 40092 Old 12-23-2014, 09:24 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntelliVolume View Post
Unfortunately, I'm connected via the HDMI digital interface and never experience that problem so I can't really help...

Have you contacted OPPO about it?
Thanks. No, not yet.
post #40086 of 40092 Old 12-24-2014, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post
The latest firmware information is always posted in the very first message of this thread. You can always go to the first page of this thread and read that first message.
Oppo also offers email firmware notification for ALL the 83s, 93s, 95s, 103s and the 105s. How about them cowboys?

Home Theater Aficionado
post #40087 of 40092 Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Having trouble uploading latest firmware. Using wired connection from router, I check for Internet connection and screen says success . But when I go to update screen via network, shows can't find server. What am I missing here? Thanks
post #40088 of 40092 Old Yesterday, 10:01 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 1042
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackesgle1 View Post
Having trouble uploading latest firmware. Using wired connection from router, I check for Internet connection and screen says success . But when I go to update screen via network, shows can't find server. What am I missing here? Thanks
First of all, welcome to AVS and to this thread!

There've been a few reports here that OPPO's update server is not responding. Probably just waiting for someone to get back into the office to reboot it.

Try again after mid-day California time tomorrow.

Alternatively, you can download the firmware for USB install to your computer, then transfer that to a USB stick and do the update that way. The instructions are on the firmware support page for the 83:

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-b...e-60-1110.aspx

--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #40089 of 40092 Old Yesterday, 10:51 AM
SoundExpressions

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oppo 83se... time to upgrade???

i have an Oppo 83se that sees more blu ray use on a verylarge Mits DLP.. not sure i have any issue with fan noise as i have read but i do hate the clicking while watching a blu ray... i imagine its going down a layer or something... not sure.. i also have a nice collection of sacd's and dvd-a's recordings that i really enjoy on my 7.1 surround set up... my question is.. i do have someone interested in buying it from me as i have the upgrade bug... will i gain anything musically by spending the monies to get the Oppo 105 or 105d...? i am sure by now the click i hear when playing able ray has been fixed and that wouldn't be an issue... i know the 105 doesn't have a fan... no problem.. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.. thanks in advance..
post #40090 of 40092 Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 1042
Analog audio out of the 105 / 105D is a step up from the 83se. You can also play more audio formats.

The optical drive is pretty quiet on the 105 / 105D. And as you said, no fan. You will hear the Muting relays click open/closed when the player needs to Mute audio output.
--Bob

Anthem D2/D2v/AVM50/AVM50v/ARC1 tweaking guide. -- Need personal consultation/training? PM me!
post #40091 of 40092 Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, I'm a new poster here, and I'm wondering if anyone here has experience an intermittent failure to launch certain titles?

More explicitly... It's been the case, on a few HBO discs in the past, where I'll select an episode and after clicking play, it'll hang indefinitely. (the solution being to just hit "main menu" and then "play" again until it follows through. (which it always does at some point.)) <--- Not always necessary, but every now and then, it's been known to happen.

But now, I'm watching through The Sopranos and I'm having this occur on all discs.. which, my remedy is the aforementioned "just keep trying 'til it goes through" on the 'play all' option.

Which brings me here wondering if someone else has had this issue in the past, and if so what was the most comprehensive solution?

(If this has been brought up somewhere in this 1337 page long thread, rather than advise me to go read through it all, could someone instruct me on how to adequately search through it without going page by page for something I deem particularly pertinent to the issue at hand?) <--- Not trying to be volatile/ provocative.. just trying to be proactive/ mindful.
post #40092 of 40092 Old Today, 05:03 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 690 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro.Kitty View Post
Hi, I'm a new poster here, and I'm wondering if anyone here has experience an intermittent failure to launch certain titles?

More explicitly... It's been the case, on a few HBO discs in the past, where I'll select an episode and after clicking play, it'll hang indefinitely. (the solution being to just hit "main menu" and then "play" again until it follows through. (which it always does at some point.)) <--- Not always necessary, but every now and then, it's been known to happen.

But now, I'm watching through The Sopranos and I'm having this occur on all discs.. which, my remedy is the aforementioned "just keep trying 'til it goes through" on the 'play all' option.

Which brings me here wondering if someone else has had this issue in the past, and if so what was the most comprehensive solution?

(If this has been brought up somewhere in this 1337 page long thread, rather than advise me to go read through it all, could someone instruct me on how to adequately search through it without going page by page for something I deem particularly pertinent to the issue at hand?) <--- Not trying to be volatile/ provocative.. just trying to be proactive/ mindful.
Welcome to AVSForum.

I recall reports of problems with The Sopranos earlier. It's almost certainly java programming on the discs which supports their menus and allows multi-disc resume memory. Whatever techniques they use are newer than the -83 which has trouble coping.

New firmware was released about a month ago; do you have that installed?

See if this procedure helps: What do I do if a Blu-ray disc will not load or play, or if it freezes the player?

If still no good, get the details to OPPO support and see if they have any advice.

Searching: there is a "Search this thread" link at the top right of every page. If it is not returning good results, then try asking in the Operations forum: http://www.avsforum.com/f/43/forum-operations-center

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
105d , 83se , Blu Ray Players , Oppo , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player
Gear in this thread - 105d by PriceGrabber.com