Official OPPO BDP-83 Owner's Thread [technical talk only] - Page 1348 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #40411 of 40412 Old Today, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks guys for your inputs

well the higher quality 2-channel stereo is what's so important for me
I have many SACDs, DTS DVDs and Classical concerts DVDs. I will connect the 2-RCA outputs to my Sansui amp for stereo goodness and, of course, HDMI out to an AV receiver for film

sent an email to Oppo, let's see how it goes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #40412 of 40412 Old Today, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The SE upgrade also offered an improved DAC for the 7.1 analog over the standard version although not as much as the stereo improvement. Useful for AV receivers that can't decode DSD over HDMI (most don't) when playing multi-channel SACDs.

It seems doubtful that the upgrade was a DIY kit (at least in the USA or I would have jumped at that if it were) since it involved changing the power supply. I remember having to return mine to OPPO. There were no other options.

The description of the upgrade by that vendor you posted is exactly as Oppo described it so they must have been doing the official upgrade for Oppo for those who could not easily return it to Oppo.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
105d , 83se , Blu Ray Players , Oppo , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player
Gear in this thread - 105d by PriceGrabber.com