post #301 of 3602 Old 05-13-2009, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo510 View Post

Hey bunts,

what's your HDMI output set to in your receiver? I'm not familiar with the 604, but my 606 has the option to upconvert to 720p, 1080i, or "through" which doesn't molest the 1080p signal.

Onkyo 604 is the first generation of HDMI receiver and only a pass through for video/audio. I checked the receiver settings and there is no options for changing resolution as it does not have any video conversion features. I'm seriously thinking of upgrading the receiver at this point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 3602 Old 05-14-2009, 06:08 AM

I need some help with my Panasonic AE3000 projector and the Samsung BD-P 1600 BR player

I used to have no problem receiving 1080p/24 signals watching BR movies on my PS3, but when I swapped it for the Samsung player today, I am unable to get the player to force 24fps mode on the pj. All I get is the blue screen when I try to "on" the 24 fps mode on the player and then the player switches back to 24fps "off" mode after about 10 secs.

Now the pj's menu is displaying 1080p/60 under signal mode (instead of 1080p/24) when I play BR movies
post #303 of 3602 Old 05-14-2009, 09:38 AM

Problem solved....somehow by changing a few options in the BR player's picture mode and/or progressive mode, the panny is able to accept the 24fps signal. Very odd but it worked
post #304 of 3602 Old 05-14-2009, 09:53 AM

I just got this player and cannot get it to work with my Sharp 37" LCD through the HDMI connection. No problem with the component video hookup though.

Is it likely the player, tv or the HDMI cable? Thoughts anyone?
post #305 of 3602 Old 05-14-2009, 05:43 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunts View Post

Onkyo 604 is the first generation of HDMI receiver and only a pass through for video/audio. I checked the receiver settings and there is no options for changing resolution as it does not have any video conversion features. I'm seriously thinking of upgrading the receiver at this point.

First thing I would do is bypass the receiver and hook the 1600 straight to the TV. If problem persists then you know it's not the receiver. But hopefully it is the receiver which gives you an excuse to upgrade, if DTS-HD & Dolby TrueHD aren't enough already. The newer Onkyo 607 looks sweeeeet!
post #306 of 3602 Old 05-14-2009, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumper1 View Post

I just got this player and cannot get it to work with my Sharp 37" LCD through the HDMI connection. No problem with the component video hookup though.

Is it likely the player, tv or the HDMI cable? Thoughts anyone?

1st thing i would do is turn off both player and tv and try reinserting current hdmi cable in both ports, then turn tv on first, wait 20 seconds, then player.
if no luck try another hdmi cable.
post #307 of 3602 Old 05-14-2009, 07:31 PM

After problems with several other discs, I returned this one. It was apparently a defective player. I went ahead and swapped it out for a Panasonic 60 and I have to say, so far I am impressed. It just feels sturdier.
post #308 of 3602 Old 05-14-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarney5 View Post

It just feels studier.

Sturdier or Studlier?

Aww you changed it, I was hoping for studlier
post #309 of 3602 Old 05-15-2009, 06:12 AM

It works! Thanks!
post #310 of 3602 Old 05-15-2009, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumper1 View Post

it works! Thanks!

glad to hear it.
post #311 of 3602 Old 05-15-2009, 09:51 AM

Liked: 22
Okay, so this is my first Blu-Ray player - everything works fine. I also bought a Samsung LCD and LED TV (two rooms) so I've been using the BD Wise feature which automatically sets it to 24hz or 60hz. Since I know nothing about any of this - when I put in a standard DVD how does the upscaling work? Will BD Wise, which is supposed to automatically set the player and TV to decode exactly what's on the disc, automatically upscale or to I have to set functions to do it, like turn off BD Wise and manually do something?
post #312 of 3602 Old 05-15-2009, 12:07 PM

Hello,

I will be using my 1600 with my hdtv and my projector, and in order to minimize the amount of cables and junk I need to run, if someone could answer this question it would be great:

Has anyone tried to use multiple video outputs at once? I will never be using both displays, but I would like to have the component to my tv with hdmi going to my projector. Both are 16:9, and both are 720P. Will one output type take precedence over the others (ie. if HDMI is connected will any others work)? If not, I'll settle for only the HDMI going to the projector and forget the tv connection.

Thanks,
post #313 of 3602 Old 05-15-2009, 05:06 PM

Apparently no one answers questions
post #314 of 3602 Old 05-15-2009, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentJ20 View Post

Hello,

I will be using my 1600 with my hdtv and my projector, and in order to minimize the amount of cables and junk I need to run, if someone could answer this question it would be great:

Has anyone tried to use multiple video outputs at once? I will never be using both displays, but I would like to have the component to my tv with hdmi going to my projector. Both are 16:9, and both are 720P. Will one output type take precedence over the others (ie. if HDMI is connected will any others work)? If not, I'll settle for only the HDMI going to the projector and forget the tv connection.

Thanks,

I don't own the 1600 but have both the 1500 and the 2500. All outputs are hot. I would imagine it is the same with the 1600. I use both HDMI and component/toslink outputs simultaneously with no problems.
post #315 of 3602 Old 05-15-2009, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextoo View Post

I don't own the 1600 but have both the 1500 and the 2500. All outputs are hot. I would imagine it is the same with the 1600. I use both HDMI and component/toslink outputs simultaneously with no problems.

Thanks for the prompt and clear answer. That's good news.
post #316 of 3602 Old 05-16-2009, 09:14 AM

I was watching Bedtime Stories last night.
When I Either FF or skipped a chapter, I would loose all sound.

If I would start the BRay DVD at the begining it would play fine straight through, as long as I didnt FF or try to skip a chapter.

Please Help.

Thanks

Denon avr-789 Also if it matters.
post #317 of 3602 Old 05-16-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentJ20 View Post

Thanks for the prompt and clear answer. That's good news.

I'm glad you got a crystal clear answer - my question above yours is really simple - can't someone give ME a crystal clear answer?
post #318 of 3602 Old 05-16-2009, 12:54 PM

My only negative comment is that the motor is noisy. This would be fine if the unit were stored in a cabinet to muffle the sound.
post #319 of 3602 Old 05-17-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haineshisway View Post

I'm glad you got a crystal clear answer - my question above yours is really simple - can't someone give ME a crystal clear answer?

Why don't you try the Display forums, or even better 1.800.SAMSUNG.
post #320 of 3602 Old 05-17-2009, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just got the 1600 and I need help....I can not connect to the net work to use Net flix and Pandora. I have it hooked up via ethernet, but when I do the network test it stops at the gateway bing and then can not pick up my network. I have it set to DHCP on and DNS to auto should i be changing something? thanks
post #321 of 3602 Old 05-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Advanced Member

I'm trying to watch something on Netflix that is HD. The quality bar only goes to about the middle and of course doesn't display HD. I got out of Netflix so the 1600 wouldn't be using any of my bandwidth then did an internet speed check using my providers speed check site and my internet speed is great.

Does the quality bar only affected by my internet or does Netflix's server have an effect on that also?
post #322 of 3602 Old 05-20-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon summit View Post

I'm trying to watch something on Netflix that is HD. The quality bar only goes to about the middle and of course doesn't display HD. I got out of Netflix so the 1600 wouldn't be using any of my bandwidth then did an internet speed check using my providers speed check site and my internet speed is great.

Does the quality bar only affected by my internet or does Netflix's server have an effect on that also?

In order to receive HD on NetFlix you must have at least 5 Mgbytes speed.
Depending on the content of what NetFlix sends AND your speed, their quality bar will vary. Be certain that you select HD titles to begin with.
If it is really HD, you can't always tell by the quality of the picture. Something seems to be lost compared to a Blu-ray disk or HD cable movie. Still it is a big improvement over the regular Netflex titles. If you check the info button on your TV's remote, you will see if you are really getting 1080i or not.
post #323 of 3602 Old 05-20-2009, 07:24 AM

I like the Samsung 1600's Blu-ray performance. However, I am rather disappointed in the remote control. Many features of my old DVD player seem to be non-existent on the Samsung: You can't do frame advance; zoom; see how many minutes are remaining in a movie, just to name a few missing features. When you press stop on the remote with most Blu-ray discs, and then press play again, the movie doesn't resume from where you left off, but goes back to the beginning. This is most annoying.

Does the Samsung 3600 offer any more viewing features or are all Blu-ray players pretty much the same in this regard.
post #324 of 3602 Old 05-21-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo510 View Post

Why don't you try the Display forums, or even better 1.800.SAMSUNG.

Or, even better, since this is a thread devoted to THIS player, why don't YOU just try answering a simple question, rather than do the usual Internet thing of being unhelpful. Is everyone around here like this? I'm not calling Samsung because I've CALLED Samsung on another matter and I'm here to tell you the customer service people know very little about their own products.

So, I'm still hoping there's an actual human being around here who will answer my actual and rather simple question. You, sir, are apparently not one of them.
post #325 of 3602 Old 05-21-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwieder View Post

I like the Samsung 1600's Blu-ray performance. However, I am rather disappointed in the remote control. Many features of my old DVD player seem to be non-existent on the Samsung: You can't do frame advance; zoom; see how many minutes are remaining in a movie, just to name a few missing features. When you press stop on the remote with most Blu-ray discs, and then press play again, the movie doesn't resume from where you left off, but goes back to the beginning. This is most annoying.

Does the Samsung 3600 offer any more viewing features or are all Blu-ray players pretty much the same in this regard.

Yes, I agree it's really odd that when you press stop and then start that the movie does not resume. But only on some discs - others it does resume. Go know.
post #326 of 3602 Old 05-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Or, even better, since this is a thread devoted to THIS player, why don't YOU just try answering a simple question, rather than do the usual Internet thing of being unhelpful. Is everyone around here like this? I'm not calling Samsung because I've CALLED Samsung on another matter and I'm here to tell you the customer service people know very little about their own products.

So, I'm still hoping there's an actual human being around here who will answer my actual and rather simple question. You, sir, are apparently not one of them.

You just joined, have 6 posts and half of them are negative complaining about the help you've received. Maybe this isn't the right place for you.
I've gotten a lot of help from different threads on the AVS forum, maybe part of the problem is your attitude. Just a thought.

Try going back to where you purchased the 1600 and ask them to train you and answer your questions. They got your money so I'd think if anyone you'd have higher expectations from then to earn it rather than complain about a place the info you receive is free from people just trying to help in their spare time.
post #327 of 3602 Old 05-21-2009, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Haines,

As a general rule of thumb, folks don't like answering questions in extremely long threads, because odds are the answer is already somewhere else in the thread. So the first thing you should do is search the thread for your answer.

That being said, I don't have a Samsung player myself, and I have no experience with BD wise.

However, it seems to me, it would be easier just to set the player to output 1080p/24 as long as your TVs are 120hz, which I'm sure your LED LCD TV is, as for your other LCD TV, it may or not be 120hz, but all you have to do there is look at the box.

Setting it to 1080p/24 is the highest quality setting, and that way you know exactly what your getting, which is what the player should be sending anyway, but why leave it to chance?
post #328 of 3602 Old 05-21-2009, 12:25 PM

BDWise is a nice feature if you have a newer Samsung TV. It automatically sets the resolution to the best for that particular DVD. You don't have to do a thing. It also gives you an additional mode of presets that you can alter if you like. It replaces or is a supplement to the movie mode. In addition, it will turn on the TV as soon as you turn on the DVD player or turn off the TV as soon as you turn off the DVD player. (You can alter these features if you don't want them by going into the setup menu for the DVD player, or you can turn off BDwise if you go into the setup for the TV.).

It is mainly because of the BDWise feature that I chose to go with a Samsung DVD player. It really works well with my B750.
post #329 of 3602 Old 05-21-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:

Sorry for not doing more research for you, it looks like your long-winded post over at your diplay's official thread has gone ignored also, figures. But I did try by directing you elsewhere, and had to say something because it sounded like you were getting your panties in a bunch because nobody acknowledged your question here (which sounded like a RTFM question anyways). BD-wise to me sounds like proprietary Samsung tech that's implemented across their product line to ease the confusion so J6P and yourself don't have to worry about things like upconversion. This is a player specific thread and and I'm sure not everyone here owns a Samsung display to utilize BD-wise.

EDIT: Maybe you could bump this guy's unanswered thread on BD-wise

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1135561
post #330 of 3602 Old 05-21-2009, 03:43 PM

What is the picture control supposed to change under HDMI setup? Is this related to black level as I cannot see any difference in PQ by changing it from Normal to Dynamic, or Movie?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Bd P1600 Blu Ray Player , Blu Ray Players , Samsung Ln32a330 32 Inch 720p Lcd Hdtv , Xbox 360 Media Remote
Gear in this thread - P1600 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page