Forum Jump: 

post #3391 of 3602 Old 04-13-2011, 01:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukeesk View Post
Does anybody have a copy of firmware version 2.15? I just upgraded to 2.16 and almost nothing will play so I want to try to roll it back. Thanks.
There's no way back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3392 of 3602 Old 04-18-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spletiz View Post

Agreed. The official Samsung Canadian site for firmware 2.05 specifically mentions mkv/mp4 playback. In this day of age of mkv files being so common, Samsung is definitely doing itself a PR disservice by not addressing this issue. BTW, I have yet to read a forum nor googled any results about anyone with a BDP1600 in North America being able to play mkv files.

Also, has anyone successfully authorized an AVCHD disk? I've exhausted all the guides on the net on how to do this (eg. making sure the MKV file's resolution is Blu ray spec, burning BDMV file structure using UDF 2.5 etc) and all I've got is "this disk cannot be played". Does it have to be on a DVD-R and not +R? Contrary to the manual, I've been able to put read images and mp3 files off a DVD+RW so I don't think it is anything to do with the medium. HELP!!!!

Knock on wood that the next firmware update will remedy these 2 major items so Samsung can redeem itself from a lot of dissatisfied customers.

I have the latest firmware, and can't play any video files (AVI, MP4, MKV, etc.) via USB on my U.S. player. Any fixes to this problem?
post #3393 of 3602 Old 04-19-2011, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZeppelin View Post

Fantasia

I picked up the Fantastia BD yesterday and popped it in to sample it. The movie looks and sounds fantastic, but I noticed a very slight delay in the audio sync during the narrator's speaking parts. It was so slight that at times I wasn't sure if I was just imagining it, so I don't know if it's another issue with the 1600 or if the audio was overdubbed and just not matched perfectly.

I'm going to watch the DVD copy when I get a chance so I can compare.

UPDATE

I sampled the DVD in my trusty Philips DVD player and the audio sync looked exactly the same. Apparently it was just a shaky overdub job on the narrator's voice and not another 1600 sync problem.

Both Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 look absolutely stunning, BTW. A must-own for animation fans.

A late response, but I just bought Fantasia myself since I had to buy it asap because it's going OOP in 10 days. I was watching some of it today on my Sony player and I can confirm that there is a weird audio delay during the narrator's speaking part. What's strange is that some parts of his narration are in sync, while some parts are slightly off. It certainly does look like a shaky overdub job, if you ask me.
post #3394 of 3602 Old 04-24-2011, 03:29 PM

So on an unrelated note, I was just running the newest update and while it was working, I hit the power switch on the power supply and now it just loads and never does anything else. I know duh, so I called samsung and they are going to fix it for free and pay the shipping!!!!! That is awsome, hats off to samsung!
post #3395 of 3602 Old 04-25-2011, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjbus View Post

So on an unrelated note, I was just running the newest update and while it was working, I hit the power switch on the power supply and now it just loads and never does anything else. I know duh, so I called samsung and they are going to fix it for free and pay the shipping!!!!! That is awsome, hats off to samsung!

Duh, indeed. Did you feel that all those warnings regarding NOT screwing around with the power while the update was in progress were really just suggestions? Do you touch items that have warnings on them that say "CAUTION EXTREMELY HOT!"? Relax, J/K
post #3396 of 3602 Old 04-26-2011, 11:44 AM

I just picked up the Target exclusive BD of The Magnificent Seven. I got about half way through it and had to pause it a few times. Then I noticed that the audio seemed to be delayed a bit. That's a common problem with my 1600 after pausing a BD, but reversing the movie for a few seconds almost always fixes it. It didn't this time.

I don't know if the delay was there for the entire film and I just didn't notice it, or if it just started because of the pauses, or if the second half of the film is somehow more out of sync than the rest.

I'm almost positive that it wasn't there in the beginning because there were scenes with gunshots and one of the characters chopping wood, and any audio delay at all is most noticeable in scenes with sharp sounds such as that.

I'm getting very tired of the audio sync issues on the 1600.
post #3397 of 3602 Old 05-02-2011, 05:58 PM

1 year parts, 90 days labor only...

Because the unit was outside the 90 days, samsung wanted $80 for labor.

I picked up a new Sony unit for $99. Not wort it...
post #3398 of 3602 Old 05-04-2011, 01:13 PM

Is there any hack or update to change the Netflix interface, or is that a Netflix-side issue? With over 100 titles in my streaming queue, it's a pain in the butt to scroll through all of them every time I want to find a particular movie or series. It would be great to be able to search by name, create nested folders, etc.
post #3399 of 3602 Old 05-05-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonedownsouth View Post

Is there any hack or update to change the Netflix interface, or is that a Netflix-side issue? With over 100 titles in my streaming queue, it's a pain in the butt to scroll through all of them every time I want to find a particular movie or series. It would be great to be able to search by name, create nested folders, etc.

I know of no way around that.

What I did is try to plan ahead while sitting at my computer and move the movies/shows I planned on watching soon to the top of my instant queue.
post #3400 of 3602 Old 05-05-2011, 08:00 PM

I do the same thing. My kids' movies are at the top of the list while my movies are at the bottom. I just scroll through it backwards for my movies.
post #3401 of 3602 Old 05-06-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post

1 year parts, 90 days labor only...

Because the unit was outside the 90 days, samsung wanted $80 for labor.

I picked up a new Sony unit for $99. Not wort it...

Yep me too. Just replaced my 1600 for a $49.95 refurb'd Sony BDPS270 (from local Sony outlet store). It works GREAT. Has DOZENS more internet sites/functions beyond Netflix/Youtube/Pandora.

Also, my Onkyo receiver HDMI syncs up to the Sony WAY FASTER than it ever did the Samsung.

Never paying top dollar for this stuff again.
post #3402 of 3602 Old 05-10-2011, 12:33 AM

Ok, like many others here, I too have problems with my BD-P1600 after the 2.16 f/w upgrade.

Upgraded on the weekend and all I get is "load" or "close" showing on front panel.
remote does not do anything except power on/off.
Holding FF down for 5 / 15 / 20 seconds does not do anything.

It will however play CD music.

Now, prior to the upgraded f/w, I noticed the firmware was 2.15? but I can not recall doing the u/g - as I wrote the firmwares I u/g too, the last I had was v2.06.

Anyway, I am going to try and roll back the firmware somehow, but I can not find any links with old firmware downloads (except I found v 2.06, but this maybe too far back).

Does anyone know where to get these older f/w downloads so I can try to install them and see what happens.
post #3403 of 3602 Old 05-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by doobieau View Post

Ok, like many others here, I too have problems with my BD-P1600 after the 2.16 f/w upgrade.

Upgraded on the weekend and all I get is "load" or "close" showing on front panel.
remote does not do anything except power on/off.
Holding FF down for 5 / 15 / 20 seconds does not do anything.

It will however play CD music.

Now, prior to the upgraded f/w, I noticed the firmware was 2.15? but I can not recall doing the u/g - as I wrote the firmwares I u/g too, the last I had was v2.06.

Anyway, I am going to try and roll back the firmware somehow, but I can not find any links with old firmware downloads (except I found v 2.06, but this maybe too far back).

Does anyone know where to get these older f/w downloads so I can try to install them and see what happens.

Have you tried a hard re-boute by holding the power button until the player shuts off
post #3404 of 3602 Old 05-10-2011, 04:32 PM

Hi

I played Tron Legacy on BD with this player and had my audio settings within the 1600 set to PCM and has MASSIVE digital noise come through the speakers (i have an Onkyo PR SC 886 processor). When i switched to Audiophile (bitstream) mode, all was ok.

Has anyone else had this issue?
post #3405 of 3602 Old 05-10-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnscg View Post

Have you tried a hard re-boute by holding the power button until the player shuts off

Hi cdnscg

No, haven't kept finger on the 'off' button until BD shuts down - will try tonight.
(I have only pushed the off button so that the unit will turn off)
Will report back after a hard re-boot.
post #3406 of 3602 Old 05-12-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:

Hi cdnscg

No, haven't kept finger on the 'off' button until BD shuts down - will try tonight.
(I have only pushed the off button so that the unit will turn off)
Will report back after a hard re-boot.

nope, didn't work unfortunately.

does anyone have or know where links are to 'older' firmware for the BD-P1600. I've tried searching but can't find - although I have v2.09 on disc.
I want to try to put an older f/w back on to the BD (overwiting the latest 2.16 f/w) and see if that helps overcome the problems.
post #3407 of 3602 Old 05-16-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:

does anyone have or know where links are to 'older' firmware for the BD-P1600. I've tried searching but can't find - although I have v2.09 on disc.
I want to try to put an older f/w back on to the BD (overwiting the latest 2.16 f/w) and see if that helps overcome the problems.

Look at the post at the top of this page -- you can't roll back anymore.

In the early days, you could do this, but the idiots at Samsung have "fixed" it so that rollback no longer works.
post #3408 of 3602 Old 05-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardjb View Post

In the early days, you could do this, but the idiots at Samsung have "fixed" it so that rollback no longer works.

What firmware version did this change?
post #3409 of 3602 Old 05-16-2011, 11:47 PM

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardjb View Post

From one firmware revision to the next Samsung has totally failed to provide a problem free update. They have not listened to one suggestion and operate with extreme arrogance.

After reading how the South Koreans don't buy our cars and how they are always protesting against the U.S., I don't believe they deserve loyalty from U.S. customers.
post #3410 of 3602 Old 05-17-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by securtek View Post

[/b]After reading how the South Koreans don't buy our cars and how they are always protesting against the U.S., I don't believe they deserve loyalty from U.S. customers.

Hey! I don't buy "our" cars either. I look for the best quality and value for my buying dollar. If that happens to be a U.S. product, then great. If not, so be it..... I'm fed up with spending money on products that either don't perform as advertised or break prematurely.
post #3411 of 3602 Old 05-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Is there any benefit to turning on 24p playback from the display menu if you have an HDTV set that's compatible? Or do you guys always leave it off? How does it affect picture quality?
post #3412 of 3602 Old 05-24-2011, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahm View Post

Hi

I played Tron Legacy on BD with this player and had my audio settings within the 1600 set to PCM and has MASSIVE digital noise come through the speakers (i have an Onkyo PR SC 886 processor). When i switched to Audiophile (bitstream) mode, all was ok.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I tried this movie and the Classic version and neither would play on my machine, loaded as far as the picture of the Disney Castle and just stayed there...

What version are you at?

Al
post #3413 of 3602 Old 05-25-2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sherwood View Post

I tried this movie and the Classic version and neither would play on my machine, loaded as far as the picture of the Disney Castle and just stayed there...

What version are you at?

Yeah 2.15 and 2.16 has pretty much rendered any Disney movie released recently unplayable. Calls to samsung pretty much get the 'We know it a problem and you have to wait for a firmware update to fix and we have no idea when that will be.'
post #3414 of 3602 Old 05-25-2011, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgking114 View Post
Yeah 2.15 and 2.16 has pretty much rendered any Disney movie released recently unplayable. Calls to samsung pretty much get the 'We know it a problem and you have to wait for a firmware update to fix and we have no idea when that will be.'
Well at least I know that the unit is working as usual...

I will be keeping an eye out for that 'killer deal to surplant the 1600 in the theater, wondering out loud now, does the 5xxx and 6xxx series suffer from the same problems?

Al
post #3415 of 3602 Old 05-25-2011, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
So you can't play Disney titles and you conclude that your unit is fine?

Sounds like there is something wrong with your unit, if you ask me.
post #3416 of 3602 Old 05-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post

Is there any benefit to turning on 24p playback from the display menu if you have an HDTV set that's compatible? Or do you guys always leave it off? How does it affect picture quality?

Anyone?
post #3417 of 3602 Old 05-25-2011, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post

So you can't play Disney titles and you conclude that your unit is fine?

Sounds like there is something wrong with your unit, if you ask me.

Haha, no you missed the tongue firmly planted in cheek!

You also did not notice the post I was replying to, that user could not play Disney titles either, and Samsung had already acknoledged a problem existed.

The 1600 has a bit problematic to say the least no different here.

Al
post #3418 of 3602 Old 05-29-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post

Actually just did this over weekend - I have a TV that is compatible with 24p (on) and noticed in BR that is was off.
So turned it 'on', but couldn't really see any difference if there is, I can't see it.
post #3419 of 3602 Old 05-29-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:

Well, I have got my BD 1600 working again after having the same problems as most here.

How I did it I hear you ask - no blinking idea !!

I just tried everything at once -before testing a movie.

USB with older f/w version (2.09) then with a CD (couldn't read CD showed up) and then both at once - and still showed 2.16 f/w (as expected).
Took out CD (leaving USB in) and turned off via remote and back on - still 2.16 f/w.

Turned off / on with FF being continuosly held down on remote the unit.

Then pulled power plug out (whilst unit was still on and crossed my fingers) waited 5 secs and pushed plug back in and pushing FF on unit as well.

By now I thought I would try a disc, so put in BluRay and it worked - tried a few others and problems - put some DVD movie / music and all ok.

No more 'Load' continually showing on unit or 'Close'.

So me happy now
post #3420 of 3602 Old 05-31-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgking114 View Post

Just like many other problems reported with the 1600 it must only affect certain units because I have no problem playing Disney Blus on mine with the latest firmware.

Just recently I've played Tron Classic, Pinocchio, Fantasia, and Up.

I have a five year old daughter. If my 1600 stops playing Disney movies I'll know right away, and I'll be in a world of hurt.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Bd P1600 Blu Ray Player , Blu Ray Players , Samsung Ln32a330 32 Inch 720p Lcd Hdtv , Xbox 360 Media Remote
Gear in this thread - P1600 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page