post #1201 of 3602 Old 09-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooptroop4 View Post

Hello Everyone. Anybody notice netflex and pandora audio is in pcm mode only.I'm connected threw wired internet.
I try the 2.03 firmware and it lock netflex up over and over, I went back to 1.03 and all is good again. Let me know about the audio if I'm missing a setting.
Thks
Coop

The display on my Yamaha 663 receiver shows that Netflix is also PCM, but that is kind of what I'd expect I guess. Should it be something different?

The problem I'm having with Netflix is I'm getting a picture but no sound. I tried a few times before that going in and out of Netflix and nothing helped.
One time I exited Netflix and went to Pandora and got no sound there either.

The only thing that seems to work is to turn the 1600 off and turn it back on.

My in hardwired so its not a wifi issue. I usually turn it on and go right to Netflix if thats what I intent to watch. Maybe its because it was just turned on something isn't given enough time to connect. I've had this problem a few times now with 2.03 and never had this problem before.

Anyone else having this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 3602 Old 09-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Advanced Member

I'm also having the problem when you stop Netflix and come back to watch its in an earlier spot again tonight.

Blockbuster isn't active and I'm not sure I'd use it anyway, I've watched a few things now and again on Youtube with my son but for the most part Pandora 30% and Netflix 70% are the most important things to me.

I might be going back to 1.03 and wait until Samsung fixes all these problems.
post #1203 of 3602 Old 09-24-2009, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZeppelin View Post

Ok, this is very bizarre. I went to the spot in Watchmen at which the audio always cut out. It didn't cut out. I reversed it and played it again. It didn't cut out. I tried again. It didn't cut out. On the fourth try it finally cut out, but only once -- not the rapid on-off trick it had been doing.

/shrug

For your testing fun the spot is shortly after the beginning of chapter 37 at approximately 2:34:50. I'm anxious to find out what happens with yours. There were at least two other spots in which the dropout occurred but I can't remember where they are.

Ok, Blockbuster Online has just shipped my Watchmen BD today. I was actually supposed to receive the movie today, but as usual, Blockbuster was having issues and I had to contact them. Finally, it got resolved. So, anyways, I should receive the movie by tomorrow or Friday, the latest. I'll let you know if there's any dropout at 2:34:50. I also watch the movie in full during the weekend and give another report by Sunday.
post #1204 of 3602 Old 09-24-2009, 09:47 PM

For some reason I can't get an HD stream from Netflix on movies. I can get it on the TV shows, but no movies. It's always 3/4 quality on the meter. Anyone facing this?

(firmware: 2.03, 15mbs internet)
post #1205 of 3602 Old 09-24-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawiyo View Post

For some reason I can't get an HD stream from Netflix on movies. I can get it on the TV shows, but no movies. It's always 3/4 quality on the meter. Anyone facing this?

(firmware: 2.03, 15mbs internet)

Most Netflix movies are not HD (and will indicate 3/4 quality). Did you look at the Netflix streaming HD list? On the Netflix site goto Watch Instantly tab, then Genres - HD. Many TV shows, few movies.
post #1206 of 3602 Old 09-25-2009, 06:33 AM

I talk to netflex support about the audio, They only stream pcm audio, they are hoping in the furture to do surround sound.
coop
post #1207 of 3602 Old 09-25-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp34gsh View Post

Last night i tried palying transporter 3 on my 1600. the disc loaded fine, went through all the previews, then when it got to the menu, i would get all the movie vlips and music paying, but no menu options. I was unable to get the movie to play. I have the latest firmware 2.03. Im hooked up directly to my tv via HDMI. To date i have not had any issues playing any movies. I was even able to play crank 2 with no problems. My player is hooked up to the network, i have bd live set to allow all, i have a 2 gb usb thumb drive hooked up.

I tried disconnecting the player from the network, removing the thumb drive, turning bd live to prohibit. I unplugged the player from the wall, i did the manual reset. still same problem. Now i never did play this movie before in the player so i do not know if its a 2.03 firmware issue or a player issue. I know its not the disc, i have a samsung 1500 in my master bedroom and it loads and plays fine in there.

has anyone else had problems playing transporter 3 on the 1600? if you are able to play it what firmware are you on, i would hate to dongrade my firmware and it still not play

thanks

The Transporter 3 disc will not play on my 1600 either.
post #1208 of 3602 Old 09-25-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevedu View Post

Most Netflix movies are not HD (and will indicate 3/4 quality). Did you look at the Netflix streaming HD list? On the Netflix site goto Watch Instantly tab, then Genres - HD. Many TV shows, few movies.

Wow never saw that before. It's kinda disappointing. I'm thinking about canceling my Netflix subscription.
post #1209 of 3602 Old 09-25-2009, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ok, this is very bizarre. I went to the spot in Watchmen at which the audio always cut out. It didn't cut out. I reversed it and played it again. It didn't cut out. I tried again. It didn't cut out. On the fourth try it finally cut out, but only once -- not the rapid on-off trick it had been doing.

/shrug

For your testing fun the spot is shortly after the beginning of chapter 37 at approximately 2:34:50. I'm anxious to find out what happens with yours. There were at least two other spots in which the dropout occurred but I can't remember where they are.

Ok, I have received my "Watchmen" disc and tested it. Yes, the sound goes crazy at that spot. Not only does the sound drop out one after the other, but there is a very slight pause accompanying it. When you change to Bitstream (re-encode), the problem goes away. How weird! *scratches head*

Seeing as this is the only BD I've ever played that has this problem, maybe there is some issue with the way the disc was authored or something. That's the only thing I can think of.

Anyways, it looks like all 1600s have this problem. So rest assured, your player is not defective.
post #1210 of 3602 Old 09-25-2009, 04:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraffle View Post

Anyways, it looks like all 1600s have this problem. So rest assured, your player is not defective.

All 1600's have the "problem", but the player is not defective?

Has anyone reported this "problem" (with this particular BRD) during playback on BRD players from other manufacturers?

IOW, is it a bad audio encode or does the "problem" only happen with Sammy BRD players?

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=107600
post #1211 of 3602 Old 09-25-2009, 04:26 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

. . . Seeing as this is the only BD I've ever played that has this problem, maybe there is some issue with the way the disc was authored or something. That's the only thing I can think of.

Well, that's good news and bad news, I suppose. At least I know there's nothing wrong with my particular device. Heh.

That Watchmen disk has caused problems with Samsung players ever since it was released, as far as I can tell. There must really be something funky about that disk.

Thanks a bunch for testing it. So, did you like the movie?
post #1212 of 3602 Old 09-25-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:

Well, that's good news and bad news, I suppose. At least I know there's nothing wrong with my particular device. Heh.

That Watchmen disk has caused problems with Samsung players ever since it was released, as far as I can tell. There must really be something funky about that disk.

I've never had a problem with any BD disc on my BDP1600, Watchmen included. I've never upgraded the firmware. Maybe the problem lies in the firmware?
post #1213 of 3602 Old 09-25-2009, 04:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeddings View Post

I've never had a problem with any BD disc on my BDP1600, Watchmen included. I've never upgraded the firmware. Maybe the problem lies in the firmware?

What version F/W are you running?
post #1214 of 3602 Old 09-25-2009, 05:45 PM

I've done some searching on the web and others are experiencing the same problem I'm having with my 1600. If the DVD or Blu-Ray isn't absolutely prestine it will pause during a movie, make a grinding noise and then pick-up where it left off. This is super annoying. If it wasn't for the streaming Pandora I'd trade it in for a different manufacturer. I'm seriously considering trading the 1600 for a 3600.

Is anyone having any unusual pausing or hesitation problems with their 3600 models?

Audiobudha - enter the zen!
post #1215 of 3602 Old 09-25-2009, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Only watched an hour of it. It's ok. So far, it's not my cup of tea. Very good-looking transfer, though.

The disk is funky, that's for sure. It looks like it's either a bad authoring or bad encode and the Samsung players doesn't handle it well when bitstreaming. It's an odd problem that I've never experienced with other movies.

UPDATE- I did some more testing and not only does the audio drop out, but it also becomes way out of sync. So, the only way to watch this movie flawlessly is to set your Audio Settings to PCM or Re-encode.
post #1216 of 3602 Old 09-25-2009, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What do you have your audio set to: PCM, Bitstream (audiophile), or Bitstream (re-encode)? The problem only occurs when it's set to Bitstream (audiophile).
post #1217 of 3602 Old 09-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooptroop4 View Post

I talk to netflex support about the audio, They only stream pcm audio, they are hoping in the furture to do surround sound.
coop

My Yamaha 663 receiver takes the pcm audio and with Dolby Pro Logic II (5.1) or PLIIx (7.1) converts it to surround sound. It sounds pretty good and will get me by until they go to true 5.1 comes. It works well enough I'm really not too worked up Netflix doesn't have 5.1.
post #1218 of 3602 Old 09-25-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman View Post

What version F/W are you running?

Whatever firmware came on it when I bought it (back in May). I have looked through the menus but can't find the firmware version listed so don't know how to check since I'm not hooked up to the internet via wireless or ethernet.

I never upgraded the firmware because I saw all of the problems everyone is having posted here on these forums. Since I never had a problem with a disc because of outdated firmware, I never bothered to upgrade it. I did Netflix once, but once I found out that they don't have closed captions I cancelled it and took the wireless dongle back and got my $80 back. :-)

I know that picture quality is supposed to improve with firmware upgrades, but once I started seeing people posting A/V sync issues with firmware I pretty much decided not to upgrade until there is a version that is bug free and everyone here is happy with the latest version of firmware.

Quote:

What do you have your audio set to: PCM, Bitstream (audiophile), or Bitstream (re-encode)? The problem only occurs when it's set to Bitstream (audiophile).

I have it set to Bitstream (Audiophile). Watchmen played flawlessly on Blu-Ray.

Edit: I don't know if it matters, but I am running Atlona 26AWG 1.3b HDMI cables to/from all of my HDMI inputs/outputs. I know a lot of people say cables don't matter but I did seem to notice some oddities from my cable box when it was connected with a Radio Shack 1.3a HDMI cable.

Unbelievably, the cable from Radio Shack costed more than the Atlona. So, once I got the Atlonas in the mail that I ordered from Wal-Mart's website, I took the cable back to Radio Shack and got my $42 back.
post #1219 of 3602 Old 09-26-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:

. . . Edit: I don't know if it matters, but I am running Atlona 26AWG 1.3b HDMI cables to/from all of my HDMI inputs/outputs. . .

That's probably the difference then. Xraffle and I are using TOS for audio. Maybe you didn't experience the problem because you use HDMI for audio out.

It would be nice if it were just a firmware issue, though. That would mean it could be fixed down the road.
post #1220 of 3602 Old 09-26-2009, 07:22 AM
AVS Special Member

I should also note that Maximum Movie Mode does not work on Version 1.04, which is what I'm using.

I just hope the newer, Ultimate Cut edition that's coming out soon has fixed the audio dropout problem. This Director's Cut version is really messed up.
post #1221 of 3602 Old 09-26-2009, 08:07 AM

Has anyone tried programming the Samsung remote that comes with this player for their Vizio TV? The remote control table in the manual doesn't have any two digit codes for Vizio TVs. From a quick search on the web it appears that the LG code 19 works but doesn't program the "TV Source" button on the remote so you can't switch inputs on the Vizio TV. LG code 19 does turn the TV on and off, the volume works, the channel up/down works and so does mute but I would really like to have TV source or input work too.
post #1222 of 3602 Old 09-26-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:

I should also note that Maximum Movie Mode does not work on Version 1.04, which is what I'm using.

I just hope the newer, Ultimate Cut edition that's coming out soon has fixed the audio dropout problem. This Director's Cut version is really messed up.

Yeah, Maximum Movie Mode didn't work for me on 1.03 or 1.04. Works fine on 2.03 though.
post #1223 of 3602 Old 09-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Advanced Member

Good bye 2.03 back to 1.03 for me until the bugs are worked out.

I've been watching Netflix the last few nights and the quirks are just too much so I'm giving up youtube for a more reliable version of Netflix.

Thanks guys for the IP address to block so I don't get the update prompt everytime I turn the unit on. I used to do updates by wired internet but after reading about the problems I only use USB now so as long as I stay up on AVS I really don't need the prompt from Samsung.
post #1224 of 3602 Old 09-28-2009, 12:44 PM

Just picked-up Watchmen(WOW!). Anyway, I get a audio dropout at 44:57, chapter 10 everytime I play it. Player is connected hdmi and set to bitstream audiophile. Haven't had time to watch the whole movie but that was the only trouble so far that my 1600 had with this disc and fw 1.03. I've run about 20 blue-rays through this player so far and Watchmen is the only one that hasn't played flawlessly.
post #1225 of 3602 Old 09-28-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean1955 View Post

Just picked-up Watchmen(WOW!). Anyway, I get a audio dropout at 44:57, chapter 10 everytime I play it. Player is connected hdmi and set to bitstream audiophile. Haven't had time to watch the whole movie but that was the only trouble so far that my 1600 had with this disc and fw 1.03. I've run about 20 blue-rays through this player so far and Watchmen is the only one that hasn't played flawlessly.

Just curious, did you use a category 2 high speed HDMI, 1.3a or 1.3b?
post #1226 of 3602 Old 09-29-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckfredgoose View Post

1. Anyone with a Region 1 Samsung BDP1600 blu ray from Canada using firmware 2.02 able to play MKVs yet?

2. Anyone with a Region 1 Samsung BDP1600 blu ray from the United States using firmware 2.03 able to play MKVs yet?

3. Anyone with a Region 2 Samsung BDP1600 blu ray using firmware 2.02 able to play MKVs yet?

I am from Region B2, FW 2.02. My BDP1600 plays MKV (up to 1080p) and DivX, no matter which media: It plays from DVD+R, DVD+R DL, USB stick, USB harddisk (even ntfs) (DVD-R not tested).
Hope that helps...
post #1227 of 3602 Old 09-29-2009, 02:46 AM

Quote:

Just curious, did you use a category 2 high speed HDMI, 1.3a or 1.3b?

The HDMI cable is a 6ft. Rosewill 1.3a that I purchased at Newegg
post #1228 of 3602 Old 09-29-2009, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean1955 View Post

Yeah, it's a funky disc. This movie seems to have problems on Samsung and LG players. Works fine on the PS3, I heard.
post #1229 of 3602 Old 09-29-2009, 02:59 PM

Found out the official answer on if the Samsung remote control can be programmed for a Vizio TV. Thought I would post it here to share…

Official response from Samsung Support:

The Samsung's Universal Remote control can work only with the Brands of TVs that are listed in the page 20 of the user manual. Unfortunately, the remote control does not work with the brand other than those listed under this table.

However, you may try setting the code 19 in the remote control to use your Vizio HDTV. I cannot assure you that this code would work.
post #1230 of 3602 Old 09-30-2009, 05:38 AM

For those of you who had/have Netflix issues on 2.03, are you connected to your network wirelessly? I'm just curious. I watched another show on Netflix last night and it worked perfectly.

The only Netflix problem I've had so far is when I tried to watch an HD show. A message popped up saying I don't have the necessary bandwidth for HD quality. But I have an 8MB connection and nothing else was using it at the time, so I don't know what's going on there.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Bd P1600 Blu Ray Player , Blu Ray Players , Samsung Ln32a330 32 Inch 720p Lcd Hdtv , Xbox 360 Media Remote
Gear in this thread - P1600 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page