I purchased the 560 last week and I'm loving it so far except for one thing. I have it hooked up to an Onkyo 605 through HDMI and for a while I was bitstreaming (by picking the DIRECT option) and on the receiver it would show up as DolbyTrueHD and DTS-HD MA which was nice to finally see on my receiver.
I decided I'd rather the player decode and send out to my receiver as LPCM so I could let the receiver use Audissy and also so I could get secondary sound. I then setup the BP player to use MIX rather than DIRECT. When I do this and I hit DISPLAY on the bp remote, under DolbyTrueHD movies, it will show that format is playing. Under Uncompressed PCM movies it will show that is playing. But, under DTS-HD MA movies, it just shows as DTS. The receiver still shows it receiving a PCM signal, so it seems the player is doing the decoding, but it seems it's only decoding a DTS signal instead of the DTS-HD signal.
Which leads me to several possible conclussions:
1. The player doesn't actually decode DTS-HD MA signals internally, but only sends them out as bitstream.
2. There is a bug that is not letting it internally decode the DTS-HD MA signal.
3. There is a bug that is not letting it display the correct signal on the DISPLAY button. Therefore it is showing it playing DTS when in fact it really is playing the DTS-HD MA signal.
4. I have something setup wrong.
5. It's none of these and is something else.
And before anyone says, "Just let the receiver decode" yes, I know I could do that. That isn't the point of this post. If the player can decode DTS-MA and send out over LPCM then I want to know how to do that.
So, does anyone have any idea? Or have you run into this problem?