post #1321 of 1364 Old 11-28-2011, 05:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosanci28 View Post

hi,
i have a sony BDP-S360 does anyone knows if i can connect to netflix,vudu,youtube and other with this blu-ray?

i cant find much info about this,
thank you for any info!

The simple answer is no, none of the above. There are only two things the 360 can do with a network connection: update firmware and BDlive.

It's a no-frills but very dependable player. I have been very happy with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1364 Old 11-28-2011, 08:01 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAV View Post

The simple answer is no, none of the above. There are only two things the 360 can do with a network connection: update firmware and BDlive.

It's a no-frills but very dependable player. I have been very happy with it.

thanks,

now how do i get that BDlive? what is it for? sorry new to bluray world.

thanks
post #1323 of 1364 Old 11-29-2011, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosanci28 View Post

thanks,

now how do i get that BDlive? what is it for? sorry new to bluray world.

thanks

Just plug in an Ethernet cable from your router into the 360 and turn BDlive on in the options of the 360. For certain blu ray discs content is downloaded from the Internet like trailers. IMO this is not worth the effort. I can easily live without BDlive.
post #1324 of 1364 Old 12-04-2011, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post

I plan to buy X-Men First Class at some point. Not now, but at some point. When I do, I'll let you know if it plays or not.

Just to follow up on this.... I bought X-Men First Class over Thanksgiving for $9.99 and had no trouble playing it. I did get kind of worried when I first popped it in because the player kept making a *chuck chuck* sound continuously for several seconds and the screen remained black. But after about 10 seconds, everything loaded fine. So, basically this BD takes a long time to load, but other than that, it plays fine on my 360.

Though Amazon sent me an unusual slipcover.... it was both in English and French. But other than that, everything is all good. It was a great movie and I enjoyed watching it.
post #1325 of 1364 Old 12-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAV View Post

Just plug in an Ethernet cable from your router into the 360 and turn BDlive on in the options of the 360. For certain blu ray discs content is downloaded from the Internet like trailers. IMO this is not worth the effort. I can easily live without BDlive.

Isn't a usb memory stick with at least 1gb memory formatted as fat32 also needed?

A long-time audio/video addict!
post #1326 of 1364 Old 12-05-2011, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgarvin View Post

Is anybody else having issues with this update? It won't even load "bugs life" and it had a helluva time loading ironman2. It worked with everything on previous firmware. Anyway to revert bake to previous firmware?
Thank
Eric

I'm replying to this post now because I just bought "A Bug's Life" today and had no issues. It played perfectly on my S360. Great movie, btw.
post #1327 of 1364 Old 01-02-2012, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post

Isn't a usb memory stick with at least 1gb memory formatted as fat32 also needed?

This is of course correct
post #1328 of 1364 Old 01-08-2012, 08:53 AM

Follow up to my previous posts in this thread...

My BDP-S560 gave me the dreaded "invalid disc" error when loading "Attack the Block". The repeated ejecting/reloading trick I mentioned before did not work this time as it did on some discs.
I finally said "f*** this" and went out and bought a new Sony BDP-S580 (only $120 at BB). The player works flawlessly on all discs, including the actual same "Attack the Block" disc that failed to load with the old player. The load times are noticably faster and it has much more network capabilities (Netflix, web browser, etc). Hope this one works for a little longer.

I gave the old player to a friend for use as a DVD player.
post #1329 of 1364 Old 01-23-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:

Just to follow up on this.... I bought X-Men First Class over Thanksgiving for $9.99 and had no trouble playing it. I did get kind of worried when I first popped it in because the player kept making a *chuck chuck* sound continuously for several seconds and the screen remained black. But after about 10 seconds, everything loaded fine. So, basically this BD takes a long time to load, but other than that, it plays fine on my 360.

Though Amazon sent me an unusual slipcover.... it was both in English and French. But other than that, everything is all good.

Quote:

I'm replying to this post now because I just bought "A Bug's Life" today and had no issues. It played perfectly on my S360. Great movie, btw.

The problem with some of these comparrisons delayed is that they are completely different runs of the Blu-rays. First runs of discs for example are not necessarily the same as those run later. When there are problems it's valuable information but it's better if comparing discs from the same run from the same source etc. It's the only way to try and isolate if the problem lies with the BD disc of that run or with the player. By now the might have a different versions, different encoding, or some new code for antipiracy. Just too many variables could have changed to find out what the issue was unless its something wide spread like Avatar or one of the other well written about problem movies. Plus there are always going to be odd anomalies.

And as it's become quite clear in the past few months by not first hammering out set specs for the Blu-ray format before licensing it to all vendors, there are always going to be odd anomalies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontai69 View Post

Follow up to my previous posts in this thread...

My BDP-S560 gave me the dreaded "invalid disc" error when loading "Attack the Block". The repeated ejecting/reloading trick I mentioned before did not work this time as it did on some discs.
I finally said "f*** this" and went out and bought a new Sony BDP-S580 (only $120 at BB). The player works flawlessly on all discs, including the actual same "Attack the Block" disc that failed to load with the old player. The load times are noticably faster and it has much more network capabilities (Netflix, web browser, etc). Hope this one works for a little longer.

I gave the old player to a friend for use as a DVD player.

It's been a while, so I don't remember if you posted before about getting that error, was that the first time you'd gotten it? Did you try a lot of other blu-rays that don't work?

UPDATE TO MY BDP-S560's Invalid disc list on this firmware couldn't play (from Redbox) - since getting it back from Sony @ Loredo, TX with the wiped and re-installed latest firmware:
-Larry Crowne (Blu-ray)
-Limitless
-X-Mex First Class
-LOTR (T.E.) Trilogy Disc 1 & 3 - issues but does play 2nd disc

Larry Crowne was the first BR out of the last (24) Redbox Blu-rays I rented from that gave the invalid disc error on the BDP-S560 w/ the latest firmware etc. Of course as ALWAYS the discs were fine, and played in the BDP-s370, Playstation 3, and Samsung HT-C6703
post #1330 of 1364 Old 01-27-2012, 10:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA1745 View Post

The problem with some of these comparrisons delayed is that they are completely different runs of the Blu-rays. First runs of discs for example are not necessarily the same as those run later. When there are problems it's valuable information but it's better if comparing discs from the same run from the same source etc. It's the only way to try and isolate if the problem lies with the BD disc of that run or with the player. By now the might have a different versions, different encoding, or some new code for antipiracy. Just too many variables could have changed to find out what the issue was unless its something wide spread like Avatar or one of the other well written about problem movies. Plus there are always going to be odd anomalies.

Um, no. The BDs are the exact same even though they're bought at different times. Studios don't change the BDs unless there is a recall or a new re-release.

I have 89 BD titles currently and none of them had a single issue on this player. Not one! Face it. There's something wrong with your particular player. Ditch it and buy a new one. BD players can be had for less than $100 now.

Come to think of it.... I'm more likely to believe that we have different runs of Blu-ray players. I bought my player over a year after it came out. This is a 2009 player and I bought it in 2010, shortly before it got discontinued. So, Sony might've made some minor tweaks to the later players and fix some of the glitches.
post #1331 of 1364 Old 02-17-2012, 12:25 AM

Quote:

Um, no. The BDs are the exact same even though they're bought at different times. Studios don't change the BDs unless there is a recall or a new re-release.

I have 89 BD titles currently and none of them had a single issue on this player. Not one! Face it. There's something wrong with your particular player. Ditch it and buy a new one. BD players can be had for less than $100 now.

Come to think of it.... I'm more likely to believe that we have different runs of Blu-ray players. I bought my player over a year after it came out. This is a 2009 player and I bought it in 2010, shortly before it got discontinued. So, Sony might've made some minor tweaks to the later players and fix some of the glitches.

I too bought my player as a discontinued model in Sept 2010 & you have a 360 I have a 560. So yes there are definately differences. My problem is that until I attempted the last firmware upgrade it played EVERYTHING. Now after having them re-flash it it plays (most titles). I have bought SOOOO many blu-ray players since then a 370 $30, two samsungs HTIB on clearance, still have the PS3 from a past slickdeal, HTPC w/ Blu-ray burner but that's not the point. The point that many of these players have a significant risk related to firmware updating. The Sony's own forums are packed full of them! Now obviously people aren't going to Sony's forums to say hey everything is working great so, the vast majority of postings there are going to be problems. Statistically the proportion is still not vast but it's enough that it warrants a repsonse from SONY & SAMSUNG other than, "I am not aware of any problems with that unit"and new models roll out so often that they Corps. expect little in the way of a fight. It took about 15 years last time there was a class action DVD player lawsuit against Sony so they have little to fear. Small numbers means no resources will be put forth by the company and most people due toss out there units when they only play 1 in every so many blu-rays because it would be rediculous to send it in for repair. Luckily, having bought it on clearance so late I was covered. There is still a problem, Samsung faced a similar bricking problem with firmware updates in models of this time frame and have similarly left customers holding the bag.

I hoped my unit would return flawless as it had run under version 8 of the firmware but not quite.
The problem unless its a dirty laser, or another hardware malfunction - which mine is not; it's fairly clear because the unit since the re-flashing plays most everything things would be far worse if the laser were dirty and as I've written & posted pics of I've opened the unit and checked the lasers for dust/debrie. If the lasers were failing the problem would get worse and worse progressively until their inevitable failure - that's also not happening.
That points once again back to the firmware and/or them not updating it for issues/copy protection etc. with the latest blu-ray releases.

Secondly, you are incorrect. I have two copies of 300 Blu-ray; one I got after it's release and one much later during black friday (plain movie) not EE etc. but they are not identical, the physical discs are different the content is different. You can go to any pawn shop and discover the same thing for yourself and that's not including the runs they alter/remove or lock content on for rentals discs. These are retail discs.
post #1332 of 1364 Old 04-11-2012, 03:55 PM

Hi all have read some similar problems with the audio decoding etc. on the Sony BDS_S360 and not being able to send out decoded 5.1 DTS through a reciever that doesnt decode but my issue is unique at least i think?

Here goes - Had a sweet set-up with my PS3 and Sony STR-DG810 reciever for a few years. Got sick of the ANNOYING fan noise while watching Blu-rays, so i decided to pick up a like new Sony BDS-S360 model i found on KIJIJI for $50!

Hooked it up with the exact HDMI wire the PS3 was attached to the reciever through and what is happening is some Blu-rays like BATMAN DARK KNIGHT decodes fine but when i tried ADELE LIVE concert and SONS OF ANARCHY I get conflicting decoding.

As the images show below when i play the SOA Blu-ray on the opening previews and menu screen i get FULL decoding with all speakers. As soon as i hit play on an episode it switches to L-R-SW only and nothing i have tried in the settings during playback or in the BDS_S360's setup changes the out come?! The player is set to DIRECT out as i have read on this thread etc.

Anyone have a clue why it would switch? The Sons of Anarchy disc is DTS and my reciever decodes DTS, TRU HD everything...

Any info on this inconsistency of decoding with my player would be greatly appreciated. Hoping it snot a lemon. Thanks JIM

post #1333 of 1364 Old 04-12-2012, 09:05 AM

JMEANS, a few things just to confirm on the BDP-S360 Audio menu:

- Audio Output Priority to HDMI
- Audio (HDMI) to Auto
- BD Audio Setting to Direct (I believe you already mentioned this)
- Audio ATT to Off
- Dolby Digital to Dolby Digital
- DTS to DTS
- 48kHz/96kHz PCM to 96kHz/24bit
- Audio DRC to Wide Range
- Downmix to Dolby Surround

Those settings should ensure that the true bitstream is being sent from the disc to the receiver untouched. Otherwise, not sure what to suggest.

Garrett
post #1334 of 1364 Old 04-12-2012, 12:35 PM

Thanks Garrett for the reply! Well I had to change the 48Hz setting and the Audio DRC to WideRange but it is still doing it, so i think the receiver HDMI out to TV then might be the issue?

One thing i did notice today is that like my pictures show I have FULL surround presented on Previews and Menu Screen because its Dolby Digital.

The actual Episode is DTS.

But my receiver Sony STR-DG810 decodes DTS and DOLBY DIGITAL so I cant understand?

As I stated above DARK KNIGHT decoded but that to was DOLBY DIGITAL

Thanks for any help man sincerely JIM
post #1335 of 1364 Old 04-12-2012, 02:44 PM

Hummm, dunno. The only other thing I can think of is that I updated my S360 to the latest firmware version (v011, available here: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...OC=3#/howtoTab).

Do take note, however, that some have reported issues with updating the firmware. I have never had any issues and I always download the update, burn it to a disc, and update that way. I think directly updating via a network connection might be more risky.

Other than firmware, if the unit is connected to your receiver in that exact same manner as the PS3 (only HDMI) and you have verified that the PS3 works correctly with the same discs, then I would think perhaps something is wrong with the S360.

Garrett
post #1336 of 1364 Old 04-12-2012, 04:00 PM

thanks again Garry and for the link too!

Is there anyway to change the reciever from sending or forcing the signal out to TV 2.0? I was reading in this thread that some recievers will do that? because of a handshake? what ever that is?
post #1337 of 1364 Old 04-12-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEANS View Post

thanks again Garrett and for the link too!

Is there anyway to change the reciever from sending or forcing the signal out to TV 2.0? I was reading in this thread that some recievers will do that? because of a handshake? what ever that is?

Not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if you can force your receiver to only deliver video (and not audio) that it receives from the S360 to the TV? I don't know. I've never heard of that as an option, but different receivers have all sorts of customizable configurations.

Garrett
post #1338 of 1364 Old 04-12-2012, 04:39 PM

Sorry Garry i meant the audio. tried downloading the firmware and my zip file turns into an ISO or BIN file which does nothing once burned to disk and inserted in the BDS-S360?!

Guess i continue to have no luck. But i did see that the current firmware is 11.06.1 or something not sure if that is new or old?
Sorry to bother you thanks anyway man. Best JIM
post #1339 of 1364 Old 04-13-2012, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEANS View Post

Sorry Garrett i meant the audio. tried downloading the firmware and my zip file turns into an ISO or BIN file which does nothing once burned to disk and inserted in the BDS-S360?!

An ISO file is a disc image file. Using your burning software (I use NERO, but lots of others work great too) you can tell it to burn the disc from the image file. Burning the ISO file directly onto the disc won't properly create the update disc. I believe there are detailed instructions on the Sony esupport site to help you with burning the disc, how to check your current firmware version, etc. Good luck,

Garrett

edit: Full info and instructions are located here: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu...&os_group_id=6
post #1340 of 1364 Old 05-12-2012, 05:57 AM
Advanced Member

I'm getting the disc error msg with my 360. I've got the player off craigs for $40 several months ago and updated the firmware, etc and it worked fine until the past 2 months. Sucks.
post #1341 of 1364 Old 05-15-2012, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Is there any way to set this player so it automatically will pick the PCM 5.1 audio track on a BD? A lot of the early Disney BDs have a lossless PCM track and a lossy Dolby Digital track. Whenever I play those titles, my player keeps defaulting to Dolby Digital. Any setting on the player that will allow it to default to PCM?
post #1342 of 1364 Old 06-26-2012, 10:09 PM

I realized there was firmware version 014 just released! Has anybody any experience with that?
I am still on 008 since I have never had any issues.
post #1343 of 1364 Old 07-22-2012, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAV View Post

I realized there was firmware version 014 just released! Has anybody any experience with that?

I have yet to try the new firmware. What exactly does this improve? Has anyone tried it?
post #1344 of 1364 Old 07-23-2012, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post

I have yet to try the new firmware.
Just in case you don't know: you can't really "try" the new firmware; you either update, or you don't, because once you update there is no going back to an older firmware.

IMO you should never update firmware unless you encounter a problem that you research & determine that the firmware update might fix it.
post #1345 of 1364 Old 07-25-2012, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

That's one thing great about Oppo players. I heard that whenever they release firmware updates, they always fix and never break. I plan to switch to an Oppo when my Sony 360 craps out on me.
post #1346 of 1364 Old 12-25-2012, 10:01 AM

I have a Sony BDP s560 from 2009. Does it play HD on the component outputs for BR discs with digital rights management (DRM) installed? Sony rep says no at the 800 telephone number, but my projector seems to report its max resolution 720p.

Thanks, John Woods
post #1347 of 1364 Old 12-29-2012, 01:41 PM

I have started to get the "Cannot operate this disc" message.

At first it was random, and an eject and load would fix the problem. It has started to become more frequent. Some discs play the first time no problem. Others I need to eject/load a couple times (Jurassic park Trilogy disc 1, National Treasure 2). I now have a disc I have tried the eject tactic with to no avail (Legend of Zorro).

I bought the BDP-BX2 from Costco in November 2009 (black-Friday sale), and I am pretty disappointed that this player has come to a point where it needs to be replaced after only 3 years. It would be one thing if I had purchased a cheap or off-brand, but I expect more from the Sony brand.

I can't say that I won't buy another Sony product, but the Sony brand has lost my respect. I will no longer view it as a "Premium" brand for Blu-ray players.
post #1348 of 1364 Old 12-29-2012, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 279
That kind of thing is usually caused by a dirty spindle. Could be a dirty laser too. Just open up the unit and clean with a q-tip and you'll be good for another couple of years. All players do that after a few years, not just sony.
post #1349 of 1364 Old 07-04-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmarkw View Post

I'm getting the disc error msg with my 360. I've got the player off craigs for $40 several months ago and updated the firmware, etc and it worked fine until the past 2 months. Sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spec1alk View Post

I have started to get the "Cannot operate this disc" message.
Here are the errors I was getting: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1126056/sony-bdp-s360-and-bdp-s560-blu-ray-players-and-bdp-bx2/1290#post_21119467
At first it was random, and an eject and load would fix the problem. It has started to become more frequent. Some discs play the first time no problem. Others I need to eject/load a couple times (Jurassic park Trilogy disc 1, National Treasure 2). I now have a disc I have tried the eject tactic with to no avail (Legend of Zorro)..
Since you both sound like you are dealing with the same problem I wonder if you have any updates on your players / situations?
Since it's been more than half a year since I visited this thread, I was bummed I missed your postings.
Basically, I had a great BDP-S560 until I updated (believe it was from Firmware Version 008). At that point my player which never had any issues with playing DVDs or Blu-Rays began to give Invalid disc, Unknown, Cannot read disc messages on certain Blu-Ray discs. More & more & more... frequently. Ultimately, it was under warranty so I sent it off paid shipping 1 way to get it "repaired".
I do not know if it was ?dirty? or if the firmware was the problem or if that was just coincidental. When the unit was returned with a we couldn't find any problem message - though they only tested certain Sony Blu-Ray movies none of the list of ones I sent that were "unknown" - (however I begged them to re-flash the firmware no matter what before returning the unit, which he said they did). It wasn't 100% like it was with the older firmware (still was getting a few invalid ~ Unreadables) but it was a lot better.

Here are the 4 or so reasonable explanations for what may be going on:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1126056/sony-bdp-s360-and-bdp-s560-blu-ray-players-and-bdp-bx2/1290#post_21127774
- add making sure you turn off BDlive & Connecting to the internet, unplug the Ethernet / turn off Wi-fi (BDP-S560); =AND= Take out any USB thumb drives / storage

It was fairly simple to open up my BDP-S560 & could easily clean the lasers with compressed air, if that turns out to be your issue.
I have picked up a number of HTIB, Blu-ray players on clearance, so I stopped bothering to test new Blu-Ray discs with my BDP-S560 it's been moved to a seldom used room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserfan View Post

Just in case you don't know: you can't really "try" the new firmware; you either update, or you don't, because once you update there is no going back to an older firmware.
IMO you should never update firmware unless you encounter a problem that you research & determine that the firmware update might fix it.
I was interested for a time (since the Sony Techs are able to replace, downgrade, upgrade etc. the firmware) in finding out if an end user could do this.
in the hidden service menu there is an updater option
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1126056/sony-bdp-s360-and-bdp-s560-blu-ray-players-and-bdp-bx2/1290#post_21119453
And in the previous pages I've talked about the Service Manual for this model (on one of the E Prom chips there is a pin to reset the firmware, but I am not technical enough to understand if the Sony techs at the facility have a device they plug in, or if they short that pin to something in order to delete or force a firmware upgrade/downgrade - so I got stuck in a holding pattern (hoping that someone - can better read & understand the schematics for that chip on this unit). ---> throwing that out there if case you can help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAV View Post

Thanks for posting that. has anything changed? Have you installed that update? Since my player was not 100% the way it was with Firmware 008, I am split 60/40 on not updating vs taking the shot & burning an update CD/DVD to see if it fixes the issues. I think I will test some BRs in it for the time being and otherwise leave well enough alone.
I'm more worried these days about analog kill switches coming in to take away the tiny amount of advantage some older players like these have in being able to play 1080i via Component cables.

I tested out the last firmware (Ver 011 Firmware believe that's correct without going to look it up) with Component cables. DVD no up-convert (but that's what the original manual said as well so no surprise there), just posting it. Blu-ray did 1080i over Component:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1126056/sony-bdp-s360-and-bdp-s560-blu-ray-players-and-bdp-bx2/1290#post_21127809
So if anyone has updated to Firmware Ver 14 - and can take a second to confirm what the highest COMPONENT resolution for Blu-ray discs is, that would be greatly appreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwoods View Post

I have a Sony BDP s560 from 2009. Does it play HD on the component outputs for BR discs with digital rights management (DRM) installed? Sony rep says no at the 800 telephone number, but my projector seems to report its max resolution 720p.
Thanks, John Woods
Hey I posted this link it in a reply above but here is what I got when I tested it last year running the (then latest Firmware Version 011).
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1126056/sony-bdp-s360-and-bdp-s560-blu-ray-players-and-bdp-bx2/1290#post_21127809
Blu-Rays Via Component were outputting @ 1080i. HOWEVER, I have not installed or updated to Firmware Version 014 so IDK if that has an analog kill switch in it. If someone knows the answer please post (would be great to see + & - 's up installing the "update".
post #1350 of 1364 Old 07-05-2013, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA1745 View Post

When the unit was returned with a we couldn't find any problem message - though they only tested certain Sony Blu-Ray movies none of the list of ones I sent that were "unknown" - (however I begged them to re-flash the firmware no matter what before returning the unit, which he said they did). It wasn't 100% like it was with the older firmware (still was getting a few invalid ~ Unreadables) but it was a lot better...

Since my player was not 100% the way it was with Firmware 008, I am split 60/40 on not updating vs taking the shot & burning an update CD/DVD to see if it fixes the issues...

I tested out the last firmware (Ver 011 Firmware believe that's correct without going to look it up)...

I have not installed or updated to Firmware Version 014 so IDK if that has an analog kill switch in it. If someone knows the answer please post (would be great to see + & - 's up installing the "update".
Your post is confusing. You say you sent-in your player for service and they re-flashed the firmware, but only to 011? Ver 011 is older than 6/21/2012--when did you send in your player for service?

Now it's at 011 and you're contemplating 014? It seems to me if you are having problems still, that this is the obvious thing to try.

As for using the Service Menu to "update firmware" e.g. to an older version, I didn't review that entire thread (link you posted) to see if anyone's tried this. In any case I would not mess with "grounding an EPROM pin" but I'd be surprised if the menu item "Version Updater" would brick your player i.e. did anyone in that thread try it? Insert a CD with the update on it (update meaning ver 008) and GO? I searched on UPDATA_11X008.ZIP and it's still available it seems.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Sony Bdp S360 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player Accessory Kit , Sony Bdp S560 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony , Sony Bdv T11 Home Theater System
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page