Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 3254 Old 05-12-2009, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetCoaster View Post

Can you post the exact steps to disable password-protected share then we all can try. Does pps only apply to Vista?

Thanks

go into your network settings (easiest way if you have a tray icon is to right click on the network connection icon and select the top option). there will be about 5-6 options below the connectivity visual at the top. One of them will refer to public sharing and one will refer to password protected sharing. Disable the password protected sharing. This will allow your public shares to be shared without a user/password. There seems to be some issue with logging into the Vista share via the 3600. I don't think this is completely an isolated Samsung issue, but I will say my shares work fine from my Vista machine via my Denon iPod dock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 3254 Old 05-12-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perritterd View Post

UNABLE TO GET 24 F/S OUTPUT FROM SAMMY 3600 BLU-RAY
I've read ALL of this thread and did not see anything about the problem I'm having w/my 3600 player. I have a Onkyo 876 receiver and I have set all resolutions to "THROUGH". When I try to set my 3600 to 24 f/s in the setup, it just goes to the screen that says "looking for signal" and nothing else. When I go back and check the setup, the 24 f/s is in the off mode. I can not get it to pass the signal thru the 876 to my Sam. LN46A650 TV. I have placed the audio settings to PCM-so that the 3600 does all the sound/video processing. In the "THROUGH" mode, the 876 does no processing of the signal sent from the 3600. Why can't I get a 24 f/s signal to my TV? Does all Blu-Ray movies have the capabilities of being displayed at 24 f/s or is this a special feature of the recording? I'm trying the movies Matrix, Pirates of the Carib., and TopGun
Also, my TV is set for 16:9 wide-does it matter if I set the player to 16:9 normal (as it is now) or should it match the 16:9 wide setting that I've set up for my TV display?

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.
Bob P.

I see you've already posted on the samsung site. As you might suspect, after looking at the specs, I'm not sure if the LN46A650 supports 24fps.
post #363 of 3254 Old 05-12-2009, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaks View Post

go into your network settings (easiest way if you have a tray icon is to right click on the network connection icon and select the top option). there will be about 5-6 options below the connectivity visual at the top. One of them will refer to public sharing and one will refer to password protected sharing. Disable the password protected sharing. This will allow your public shares to be shared without a user/password. There seems to be some issue with logging into the Vista share via the 3600. I don't think this is completely an isolated Samsung issue, but I will say my shares work fine from my Vista machine via my Denon iPod dock.

Thanks Jnaks

What OS are you using? On the popup menu from the icon in the system tray, my top item is 'Disable', and I don't see any password-protection options when I view the properties in the network connections dialog either! Most strange
post #364 of 3254 Old 05-12-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetCoaster View Post

Thanks Jnaks

What OS are you using? On the popup menu from the icon in the system tray, my top item is 'Disable', and I don't see any password-protection options when I view the properties in the network connections dialog either! Most strange

hmm, i'm using Visa 64 business, though I don't know that it's that different from others with that regard. I'll see if I can do a step-by-step tonight.
post #365 of 3254 Old 05-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

New BD-P3600 Users Manual 2.0

New "How to set shared folder" doc. Almost totally useless, though.
post #366 of 3254 Old 05-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:

UNABLE TO GET 24 F/S OUTPUT FROM SAMMY 3600 BLU-RAY
I've read ALL of this thread and did not see anything about the problem I'm having w/my 3600 player. I have a Onkyo 876 receiver and I have set all resolutions to "THROUGH". When I try to set my 3600 to 24 f/s in the setup, it just goes to the screen that says "looking for signal" and nothing else. When I go back and check the setup, the 24 f/s is in the off mode. I can not get it to pass the signal thru the 876 to my Sam. LN46A650 TV. I have placed the audio settings to PCM-so that the 3600 does all the sound/video processing. In the "THROUGH" mode, the 876 does no processing of the signal sent from the 3600. Why can't I get a 24 f/s signal to my TV? Does all Blu-Ray movies have the capabilities of being displayed at 24 f/s or is this a special feature of the recording? I'm trying the movies Matrix, Pirates of the Carib., and TopGun
Also, my TV is set for 16:9 wide-does it matter if I set the player to 16:9 normal (as it is now) or should it match the 16:9 wide setting that I've set up for my TV display?

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.
Bob P.

Yes your Samsung accepts and displays 24p correctly. I had problems connecting the 3600 through my Integra, also. I can't say if it's the Samsung or the integra/onkyo brand. It worked when I connected it directly to the projector. My Panasonic does work running through the receiver, though. I had no problem running 24p through my Denon receivers and my Lexicon so I kept it there. Onkyo isn't much help, so you might try asking Samsung TS to try it.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #367 of 3254 Old 05-12-2009, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmurphy88 View Post

I totally agree on this one! They provide functionality but can't support it! I have been in contact with Samsung support and got to a level 2 support person who was going to call me back but never did! I still can't connect to my shares on an XP Pro computer when all the other computer's on my network can. Too bad, it looks like I'll be taking this one back and waiting for either a firmware upgrade that has a usable interface or another brand that offers the same functionality.
post #368 of 3254 Old 05-12-2009, 08:15 PM

Public share password protection disabling
(For Vista x64 business, anyway)

Go into "Network and Sharing Center" (right click from your network connection icon in the system tray--usually the last option)

You should see icons for your computer, your network, and the web (globe) at the top. There will also be just below that the connection status of your network.

Below that in Sharing and Discovery, you should see options for Network discover; File Sharing; Public folder sharing; Printer sharing; Password protected sharing; and Media sharing.

Turn these On or Off based on your liking

I know this isn't a true fix, but it at least lets you access your share folder if the password login isn't working.
post #369 of 3254 Old 05-13-2009, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

Yes your Samsung accepts and displays 24p correctly. I had problems connecting the 3600 through my Integra, also. I can't say if it's the Samsung or the integra/onkyo brand. It worked when I connected it directly to the projector. My Panasonic does work running through the receiver, though. I had no problem running 24p through my Denon receivers and my Lexicon so I kept it there. Onkyo isn't much help, so you might try asking Samsung TS to try it.

S~

Teachsac, thanks for your assistance. I was able to locate the problem. Even though the manual for the 876 says that the HDMI inputs are assignable, I had the DVD input going to HDMI 2-once I changed it to the default HDMI 1, it started working fine.

Thanks for the support!
Bob P.

Bob
post #370 of 3254 Old 05-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:

Teachsac, thanks for your assistance. I was able to locate the problem. Even though the manual for the 876 says that the HDMI inputs are assignable, I had the DVD input going to HDMI 2-once I changed it to the default HDMI 1, it started working fine.

Thanks for the support!
Bob P.

Interesting. I'll have to check out where my Panasonic is plugged into. It works fine @ 1080p/24, but the 3600 did not but worked directly to the projector.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #371 of 3254 Old 05-13-2009, 04:15 PM

Liked: 11
I really like the idea of begin able to stream audio / video from PC or NAS. Has anyone tried WMA (Windows Media Audio) files? I have my entire CD collection converted to WMA (instead of MP3) and I really don't want to re-encode them all.
post #372 of 3254 Old 05-13-2009, 04:28 PM

No WMA support. Don't even sees the file. Also some of my mp3 play for a minute or so and then just jump to next song, some plays Ok. Mostly mp3 I downloaded from net. One that I converted from CD myself with window media player all fine.
post #373 of 3254 Old 05-13-2009, 04:31 PM

Please for ones that manage to set wireless and shares, try playing DivX more then 1h 20 min. Please let us know if it works.
For me when I stream over WiFi from NAS all DivX get stuck around 1:20.
Thanks.
post #374 of 3254 Old 05-13-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lim20 View Post

Please for ones that manage to set wireless and shares, try playing DivX more then 1h 20 min. Please let us know if it works.
For me when I stream over WiFi from NAS all DivX get stuck around 1:20.
Thanks.

have you tried it via a wired connection? not that i know that it works, i'm just asking to get a scope.
post #375 of 3254 Old 05-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Advanced Member

I'm pretty certain that the Samsung locks to the first computer that responds to the poll. If you have several machines that respond to Windows networking (or Samba), you are going to be SOL. Perhaps assigning a fixed IP to the target machine will help. The manual connection is useless due to the lack of saving the settings.

Clearly, they didn't wait for the network filesharing firmware to be completed, and shipped it out in a way that did not even meet their spec (4 targets allowed). This will probably be fixed in some future firmware update, but it's a big disappointment.

I returned my BD-P3600 due to this. Kept finding the Popcorn Hour box or my wife's PC.

[Note: this has nothing to do with routers, wired/wireless or connecting to Netflix -- those can work just fine and this still will not work.]
post #376 of 3254 Old 05-15-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaks View Post

have you tried it via a wired connection? not that i know that it works, i'm just asking to get a scope.

Streaming via WiFi works, just all movies get stuck on 1:20 or so. Before 1:20 works well.
post #377 of 3254 Old 05-15-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmurphy88 View Post

Also the link inside that document to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961498 is broken.

Anybody know if there is an updated firmware in the works?
post #378 of 3254 Old 05-15-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownhick View Post

Also the link inside that document to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961498 is broken.

Anybody know if there is an updated firmware in the works?

You would almost have to assume that they are working on the problem, but who knows how long it will take before it gets released.
post #379 of 3254 Old 05-16-2009, 10:15 AM

Hi,

i'm french and i just purchase this disc player. It works fine but i just have one problem.
I try to connect the P3600 to my pc ( wifi ) to do some stream. I can acces to folder with manual connect but not by automatic connect.
In automatic connect the P3600 doesn't accept usernam and password but in manual yes.
My pc run vista.

Thank's for your help.
post #380 of 3254 Old 05-16-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berju View Post

Hi,

i'm french and i just purchase this disc player. It works fine but i just have one problem.
I try to connect the P3600 to my pc ( wifi ) to do some stream. I can acces to folder with manual connect but not by automatic connect.
In automatic connect the P3600 doesn't accept usernam and password but in manual yes.
My pc run vista.

Thank's for your help.

there's an issue with the vista shared folder login. see my previous posts for instructions to disable your public share folder password. it would work fine if you were running an XP machine.
post #381 of 3254 Old 05-16-2009, 10:58 AM

Thank's, i try this before but same issue.
post #382 of 3254 Old 05-16-2009, 02:22 PM

I just got the 3600. I have a Panasonic SA-Xr50 Digital Receiver. No HDMI but optical input. I did HDMI to my Sony HD TV and optical cable to the receiver. The receiver shows that I am only getting stereo (L and R channels). Any suggestions? I had the same set up with my last DVD player and got 5.1 out of it.
post #383 of 3254 Old 05-16-2009, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewe View Post

I just got the 3600. I have a Panasonic SA-Xr50 Digital Receiver. No HDMI but optical input. I did HDMI to my Sony HD TV and optical cable to the receiver. The receiver shows that I am only getting stereo (L and R channels). Any suggestions? I had the same set up with my last DVD player and got 5.1 out of it.

You have the audio setting in the player set to PCM. Set it to bitstream.
post #384 of 3254 Old 05-16-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the support!
Bob P.

I had the same problem with my Onkyo 905, Samsung 656 and the Samsung 4600. I used your hint and changed DVD to input 1 but still no 24p for me. Finally I deactivated the OSD of my 905. Tadaaa - 24p.

Corben
post #385 of 3254 Old 05-17-2009, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextoo View Post

You have the audio setting in the player set to PCM. Set it to bitstream.

he could have had it set to bitstream (audiophile). For an optical connection, the ideal setting is bitstream (re-encode).
post #386 of 3254 Old 05-17-2009, 06:44 PM

I think I may have a unique problem with the BD-P3600 which is completely baffling me. Any help for the collective group here would be appreciated.

I've had the player now for about a week, and love it. The picture quality is great, and I've had no troubles connecting to a wireless Netgear router, and have played Pandora quite extensively. However, in the last few days, as I finally tried to connect to Netflix, my troubles began. I was unable to get to the initial access code without guidance from netflix customer support, which directed me to "hard reset" the player by unplugging and pressing the power button for 30 seconds. After plugging in and restarting the player, the system would allow me to access the netflix activation code screen, and subsequently access my online queue. However, once the player was turned off, the next time I attempted to access Netflix, I again got the same "service unavailable" screen. I have tested the Internet connection, and I can access Pandora with no problems. Also, from the same wireless router, 2 seperate PC's can access Netflix streaming along with all other internet type connections. I have tried setting DHCP to off and hard coding the IP, gateway, and Subnet Mask with no change in response. I have also hard coded the DNS. Regardless of wireless settings on the player, I get Pandora, but no Netflix unless I hard reset the machine. I have not tried PC streaming, nor am I interested at this time unless to support troubleshooting.

Any thoughts, I'm stumped.

Thanks,
Kissire
post #387 of 3254 Old 05-17-2009, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

I've been wanting to replace my PS3 with a quieter unit as the noise is distracting in my small room. I have moved my Netflix Roku to the living room and so eyed this player to do both. One of the local Home Theater shops has plenty of 2500's in stock as well, and this is another option. How's this player do streaming Netflix and how quiet is it? Thanks, Dave.
post #388 of 3254 Old 05-18-2009, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
A week along now and all is well. coolrda, I can vouch for it being quiet. I set up Pandora (love it!) but not Netflix so far. I'm really enjoying it.

Aibohphobia: The fear of palindromes
post #389 of 3254 Old 05-18-2009, 09:06 AM

Second unit, dead in a week

My second unit has died in a week! This is unacceptable. Samsung claims it's a defective unit. The first unit, lasted for one movie. The next morning i went to set up the wireless streaming and it was stuck on the load screen of death.

This next unit (swapped it that afternoon) worked for about 7 hrs, and then after a power off woke up to the load screen of death.

I don't know why there isn't more out there on this issue, its a ridiculously flawed player. I don't think i've ever even had a piece of consumer electronics fail before and this units died twice, with less tha 10hr of use combined!
post #390 of 3254 Old 05-18-2009, 10:10 AM

I am interested in getting this player but want the ability to zoom the image without creating geometric distortion. I would like to be able to zoom a 2.35:1 to enlarge it on the screen (chopping off the sides)

Does the 3600 have this ability for:

DVDs?
BR - 1080p/60?
BR - 1080p/24?

Thanks, George
Reply Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page