post #451 of 3254 Old 05-29-2009, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmurphy88 View Post

Never turn off your router's firewall. That's like taking your front door off the hinges to go in and out. Instead, you need to open a port. Depending on the application, this can be uPnP, port forwarding or port triggering, and ONLY matters if you are trying to talk to the outside internet. If you find you need to disable your firewall to use wifi to an internal device, your setup is wrong.

Can you provide more detailed instructions?

Aibohphobia: The fear of palindromes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 3254 Old 05-29-2009, 11:52 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lim20 View Post

My key did not work also, but HEX worked right away. So try your HEX numbers instead of key word.

My current setup is using 128 WEP hex digits and I'm not able to connect. So far this player is a big disappointment. If I wanted to go wired I would've bought the P1600 for $100 less. Yet another poorly implemented "feature" in the Samsung product line. What a shocker I suppose I should consider myself lucky since the BD image quality is good and I'm not having any problems in that regards.
post #453 of 3254 Old 05-30-2009, 09:42 AM

I've got a 3600 home for the weekend on trial. I've had a PS3 for a couple of years but wanted to see if the newer stand alones could hold a candle to my tried and true PS3...

Here's something I wasn't prepared for... The 3600 seems to have a much sharper video image than the PS3. Is it just me? I've gone back and forth on both video and film images and the Samsung seems noticeably sharper.

Thoughts?
post #454 of 3254 Old 05-30-2009, 10:33 AM

Hi Gang,

Just a quick question on the 3600. I just got the unit yesterday, and I have it up and running just fine. Netflix, Pandora and sharing working very well.

My question is in the set up I added the time, date etc. Does the 3600 show the time when the unit is off.? Mine doesn't, also is there a standby mode option on the unit.

Thanks for all the help, great site very informative.
post #455 of 3254 Old 05-30-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bombard View Post

I've got a 3600 home for the weekend on trial. I've had a PS3 for a couple of years but wanted to see if the newer stand alones could hold a candle to my tried and true PS3...

Here's something I wasn't prepared for... The 3600 seems to have a much sharper video image than the PS3. Is it just me? I've gone back and forth on both video and film images and the Samsung seems noticeably sharper.

Thoughts?

I bought the 3600 to avoid wear and tear of gaming and movie watching on my precious PS3 and I agree. It does look better than the PS3. I'm not sure if sharper is the word I'm looking for but the image quality is superior, movies just have more pop and the 24p is something I can no longer live without.
post #456 of 3254 Old 05-30-2009, 02:57 PM

For any WiFi issues check your router and make sure that it does not have MAC address filtering enable (or enter the MAC address of Samsung WiFi in the list). That might prevent an unknown device from connecting even if everything else seems right.

If you have a limited range of IP's set for DHCP assignment you might also check if all those IP's have been assigned to other devices (wired or wireless).
post #457 of 3254 Old 05-30-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbsez View Post

Just wondering, am I the only one having problems playing back Star Trek Season 1 (blu ray edition) on the BD-P3600? I've contacted Samsung and am not getting any real response.

No you are not alone. I have the P3600 and every episode of ST I have watched on the new blu-ray box set has froze multiple times. I tried watching one of the original eps too, but it froze also.

This occurred with two different box sets. I bought one this morning and when I could not get through any eps on the first disk, I took it back to the store in the afternoon and exchanged it. The second set did the same thing. I tried the last disk and the ep froze in several places.

I am convinced that it is the player/combined with the disks. I watched my copy of "Shawshank Redemption" with no problems and I have had no problems with any of my standard DVD's playing.

Any suggestions from anyone as to what the problem could be?

thanks

az
post #458 of 3254 Old 05-30-2009, 10:49 PM

OMG! What a sucky Samsung day I've had today !!!

Borrowed a 3600 from my work to try at home. Seemed to work well. Even had a better picture than my PS3 that has held down the Blu-ray duty here for several years now. Even set up and used the Pandora and NetFlix features...pretty cool and worked well.

So - I decide to run to Best Buy and pick up a 4600 as today is the last day of their $100 off sale. Got it home and the NetFlix streaming was all garbled on every title in my que. Called Samsung and they're closed. Called NetFlix and they never heard of anything like this. Back to the store it went. Decided I'd better pick up the 3600 in it's place as it's a much sturdier machine. Got the 3600 home, fired it up and all I get is a bright green screen that occasionally flashes to purple. Tried un-plugging and plugging back in and it looks like it's going to work and then it turns either purple or green. I guess there are worse places to be early on a Sunday morning then in the return lane at Best Buy...again.

So how was your day?
post #459 of 3254 Old 05-31-2009, 04:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentzac View Post

No you are not alone. I have the P3600 and every episode of ST I have watched on the new blu-ray box set has froze multiple times. I tried watching one of the original eps too, but it froze also.

az

My first set of Season 1 had a problem of not loading on my Samsung, although later I got it to play. It would stutter on my HTPC, always in the same places. Both of these instinces were with disc 1. I got my replacement discs from Amazon and now I am having no problems at all. I think it has to be faulty discs. The best you can do is try another set and maybe try them out on the stores players if you bought them locally. You can also take the set you own now and try it on the stores players and see what result you get there. An unfortunate hassle but what can you do if you want to own the discs.
post #460 of 3254 Old 05-31-2009, 10:52 AM

This model, the DIVX decoder on this machine has major problems and no other codec or format is supported.
post #461 of 3254 Old 05-31-2009, 12:30 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia1 View Post

My friend has a 3600 but it works well.
No problem so far. [IMG]http://www.******************/storage/411.jpg[/IMG]

I have had a 3600 for several days and have zero complaints thus far.

My 3600 replaces a Panasonic bdp-10 which I was happy with, but did not have the advanced audio decoding of this machine.

Setup was a snap and the menu system very easy to use. I have wired ethernet, so I avoided some of the annoyance some posters have mentioned with the wireless setup.

I have watched several BR DVD's and found the PQ and sound to be outstanding. No problem with the one Netflix movie I watched and Pandora radio is a pleasant surprise, I even downloaded an app for my IPOD that lets me pick up my Pandora stations.

Overall, count me among the Very Satisfied......So far.
post #462 of 3254 Old 05-31-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstand View Post

I have had a 3600 for several days and have zero complaints thus far.

My 3600 replaces a Panasonic bdp-10 which I was happy with, but did not have the advanced audio decoding of this machine.

Setup was a snap and the menu system very easy to use. I have wired ethernet, so I avoided some of the annoyance some posters have mentioned with the wireless setup.

I have watched several BR DVD's and found the PQ and sound to be outstanding. No problem with the one Netflix movie I watched and Pandora radio is a pleasant surprise, I even downloaded an app for my IPOD that lets me pick up my Pandora stations.

Overall, count me among the Very Satisfied......So far.

Hi Gang,

Just a quick question on the 3600. I just got the unit yesterday, and I have it up and running just fine. Netflix, Pandora and sharing working very well.

My question is in the set up I added the time, date etc. Does the 3600 show the time when the unit is off.? Mine doesn't, also is there a standby mode option on the unit.

post #463 of 3254 Old 05-31-2009, 05:27 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecap View Post

Hi Gang,

There is no time display on the unit. What do you mean by standby? There is on/off/pause.

Enjoy your new toy!! I do!!
post #464 of 3254 Old 05-31-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissire View Post

I think I may have a unique problem with the BD-P3600 which is completely baffling me. Any help for the collective group here would be appreciated.

I've had the player now for about a week, and love it. The picture quality is great, and I've had no troubles connecting to a wireless Netgear router, and have played Pandora quite extensively. However, in the last few days, as I finally tried to connect to Netflix, my troubles began. I was unable to get to the initial access code without guidance from netflix customer support, which directed me to "hard reset" the player by unplugging and pressing the power button for 30 seconds. After plugging in and restarting the player, the system would allow me to access the netflix activation code screen, and subsequently access my online queue. However, once the player was turned off, the next time I attempted to access Netflix, I again got the same "service unavailable" screen. I have tested the Internet connection, and I can access Pandora with no problems. Also, from the same wireless router, 2 seperate PC's can access Netflix streaming along with all other internet type connections. I have tried setting DHCP to off and hard coding the IP, gateway, and Subnet Mask with no change in response. I have also hard coded the DNS. Regardless of wireless settings on the player, I get Pandora, but no Netflix unless I hard reset the machine. I have not tried PC streaming, nor am I interested at this time unless to support troubleshooting.

Any thoughts, I'm stumped.

Thanks,
Kissire

I just purchased a P4600. Same problem. No issue with Pandora. I am connected via CDMI2 into a LN52A650. Spoke to netflix tech support and they have no solution other than to reboot. Does this sound like someting a firrware update could fix?
post #465 of 3254 Old 05-31-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstand View Post

There is no time display on the unit. What do you mean by standby? There is on/off/pause.

Enjoy your new toy!! I do!!

Thanks for your response.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. I love the player.

post #466 of 3254 Old 05-31-2009, 10:57 PM

Weird that it's another Star Trek problem, but... the player crashes out to the menu screen when I try to play the TV commercials from the ST: TMP special features (disc 1 of the box set). Also, it freezes trying to load the Star Trek VI disc. These play fine in my PS3. Any one else having issues?
post #467 of 3254 Old 06-01-2009, 10:26 AM

I bought the 3600 a few weeks ago from BB. This is my first BD player and I love it! Setup was simple, connected to my Airport without too much trouble. (I don't run encryption, but use MAC addy filtering)
I have also had the Netflix issue some are mentioning. After using Netflix and turning the 3600 off, the next time I try Netflix, it gives me an error stating that it is unable to connect to Netflix. I also spoke with Netflix support, and they told me to unplug for 30 seconds and while unplugged hold the power button for 10 seconds. This trick has fixed the problem every time. The netflix guy says it has something to do with what the 3600 hangs onto in its memory (cache). The netflix guy said it is a well documented issue with the x600 series. He said Sammy SHOULD fix it in a firmware update. We will see.

Ben
post #468 of 3254 Old 06-01-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae3cpa View Post

This player seems too complicated to me, I have the 2500 and love it. Think Im gonna order another one tommorow !

I'm seeing the same thing, but have yet to see any feedback here on the subject. Have mine connected to the HK354 via HDMI and 7.1 analog output. The sound is much lower using the 7.1 with almost nothing coming from anything other than the front and center speakers. I'm also seeing some problems with movies that should be sending a 1080i signal, but I'm only getting a 780 choice in the options of the receiver. If you hear anything please let me know...
post #469 of 3254 Old 06-01-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capnben View Post

I bought the 3600 a few weeks ago from BB. This is my first BD player and I love it! Setup was simple, connected to my Airport without too much trouble. (I don't run encryption, but use MAC addy filtering)
I have also had the Netflix issue some are mentioning. After using Netflix and turning the 3600 off, the next time I try Netflix, it gives me an error stating that it is unable to connect to Netflix. I also spoke with Netflix support, and they told me to unplug for 30 seconds and while unplugged hold the power button for 10 seconds. This trick has fixed the problem every time. The netflix guy says it has something to do with what the 3600 hangs onto in its memory (cache). The netflix guy said it is a well documented issue with the x600 series. He said Sammy SHOULD fix it in a firmware update. We will see.

Ben

Netflix gave me the same answer but that solution will become annoying quickly. I spoke to Samsung today and they told me to reset my BDP4600 which so far has worked for me. They claim this works for most people with this issue. To reset hold down fast forward button for 5 secs. This resets to factory so you have to set up the wireless network and sign on with Netflix again. Now when I switch to the TV (which disconnects and turns off the BD) when I go back to the BD it does not give me the error message and goes straight to my movie list. I don't have to hard boot every time. Try it.
post #470 of 3254 Old 06-01-2009, 11:18 PM

PQ seems to be on par with the PS3, but load time is noticeably slower and the remote is poorly designed. Doesn't compare to the Sony Bluetooth remote (which wasn't anything to write home about, either, but was better).
post #471 of 3254 Old 06-01-2009, 11:23 PM

Does anyone have any freezing issues like the Panny 80 has?
I need a 7.1 player my reciver is non Hdmi? Thanks
post #472 of 3254 Old 06-02-2009, 06:30 AM

I'm about to buy this player but I was woundering if we can play Movies that are encode in PAL format instead of NTSC.
post #473 of 3254 Old 06-02-2009, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasador View Post

I'm about to buy this player but I was woundering if we can play Movies that are encode in PAL format instead of NTSC.

On a US player? No.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #474 of 3254 Old 06-02-2009, 08:49 AM

It make me wonder who is telling the through because this site say's
Quote:

www . onsale . com/shop/detail~dpno~7764094~descr~Samsung+Electronics-Blu-ray+Disc+Player.aspx

and it look to be a US Site and the Manual seem to say no. Did somebody tested it.
post #475 of 3254 Old 06-02-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:

On page 11 of the manual (which is on the samsung web site), it says the following:
- This player is compatible with the NTSC color system only.
- PAL discs will not play.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...600&isEqualsY=
post #476 of 3254 Old 06-02-2009, 09:28 AM

I did saw that but since some site said it does read PAL I was wondering if someone tested.
post #477 of 3254 Old 06-02-2009, 03:36 PM

Ok, I've searched and read through this thread, but to no avail....I need some help setting up my wireless. I'm at the end of my rope and wanting to throw everything out of the window lol.

I have a Wireless D-link wbr-1310 and have no issues connecting anything else wirelessly until this point. It recognizes my network, which is WPA, but after I enter my password I cannot click "Connect". All it does is add new characters into the area that I typed my password into. If I try the WEP, it attempts to connect at least, unlike the WPA which won't even let me finish entering my password.

Any suggestions...PLEASE!!
post #478 of 3254 Old 06-02-2009, 05:39 PM

I purchased the Bourne trilogy this weekend. Yesterday I popped in The Bourne Identity and started it from the beginning. It started skipping at chapter 12. I ran it back and it did it again. I ejected the BD, powered off the BD-P3600, and popped The BD into my PS3. The PS3 played chapter 12 fine. I powered on the BD-P3600 and ran the BD to the same spot at chaper 12 and it played fine until chapter 14 where it started skipping again, accompanied by some startling clicking and whirring noises emitting from the player itself. I powered the player off and on again and went back to chapter 14. It played fine after that. Other than some very minor skips on Ratatouille I have played several BD's with no problem since purchasing the unit back on May 10th. These include Ocean's Twelve, Wall-e, Bolt, Top Gun, Night at the Museum, and Earth discs 1 & 2. I've also demo'd parts of Close Encounters of the Third Kind, August Rush, Across the Universe, Pirates of the Caribbean, Enchanted, and Cars. All with no problem.

Anyone think I have a faulty player or is it just the BD that's the issue?
post #479 of 3254 Old 06-02-2009, 06:32 PM

I went to Best Buy to see this unit! The salesman said this unit
is nit good because it is not midmount. The discs go in on the left side not the middle. I know when VHS the midmounts were popularized and maybe it made a difference. Is this a big deal on the bluray player?
post #480 of 3254 Old 06-02-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:

I did saw that but since some site said it does read PAL I was wondering if someone tested.

Just tried a PAL disk...no go.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page