Official Samsung BD-P3600 Owners/Master thread - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 3254 Old 06-26-2009, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Dear All,

I am planning to buy this player(USA Version)...but i am little confused in this bluray world....will this player work with LG 47LH50YR (47-inch LCD)?

specs are--

http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/home_av...734184p,00.htm

Also there are some hacks posted in some forums to make it region free...does that work? I am using Philips DVP5982/37 upscaling dvd player baught from usa which works fine with my tv.Then why i need to be concerned about PAL/NTSC signals when i am using a multifunction LCD like the mentioned one. Is it necessery?

Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 3254 Old 06-26-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulum View Post

I may have misunderstood you. The films I watch are foreign and are already subtitled. I needn't turn anything on.

Bingo. What we are referring to is optional sub-titles to assist when audio is poor/inaudible. Not foreign language with sub-titles built in.

I'm not crazy!  My mother had me tested...

post #633 of 3254 Old 06-26-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshassan View Post

Samsung BD-P3600 problems - stuck on LOAD or CLOSE and TV won't recognise player is connected
Bought my bd-p3600 a week ago used it only once. Worked well the first time. Connected to Netflix watched a movie. Next day without any changes to the setup TV won't recognize that the player is connected and BD-P3600 gets stuck on LOAD when I turn the machine on and on CLOSE if I open and close the loading bay.
I am connecting samsung bd p3600 to my samsung ln52a860 TV directly, using HDMI 24 awg v1.3b cable. Initially I thought that my HDMI cable has gone bad so replaced the cable, but no success. Player does not even connect to the internet. Anyone have a suggestion!!!!! Really disappointed and frustrated with this situation.

If you read back in this thread you will see that unfortunately you are not the only one with this problem. If you can, return the unit to where you purchased it for a new one. If not, you will have to call Samsung and send it in for service. If you ask, they will pay shipping both ways - but be prepared to be without your brand new player for close to two weeks.
post #634 of 3254 Old 06-26-2009, 11:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

Samsung BD-P3600 problems - stuck on LOAD or CLOSE and TV won't recognise player is connected
Bought my bd-p3600 a week ago used it only once. Worked well the first time. Connected to Netflix watched a movie. Next day without any changes to the setup TV won't recognize that the player is connected and BD-P3600 gets stuck on LOAD when I turn the machine on and on CLOSE if I open and close the loading bay.
I am connecting samsung bd p3600 to my samsung ln52a860 TV directly, using HDMI 24 awg v1.3b cable. Initially I thought that my HDMI cable has gone bad so replaced the cable, but no success. Player does not even connect to the internet. Anyone have a suggestion!!!!! Really disappointed and frustrated with this situation.

Return it where you purchased it and get the Pio 320 or order the Oppo BDP-83. The OPPO is generally available to order now.

Best regards,
Lloyd C.

post #635 of 3254 Old 06-26-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maha View Post

Can anybody get subtitles from the Netflix streaming? the few moves I watched has no subtitles at all.

Netflix streams do not have subtitles:
post #636 of 3254 Old 06-26-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:

I had the same problem. The player must be unplugged more than an hour to start working again. After I have applied the new firmware version the problem does not happened again, but I didn't do any stress test so far.
post #637 of 3254 Old 06-26-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetCoaster View Post

Yes I updated mine and the system now remembers your credentials, ip address and share. Don't see any other changes. FYI jot down your settings as it totally lost mine.

Ian

How did you get the american firmware on the canadian system???
I tried but it wont start the firmware setup tool with the american firmware on the USB stick.
It recoginzes the canadian and does the firmware update with that one. Is there a trick?
I tried already to rename it, but that doesn't work either!

Alex
post #638 of 3254 Old 06-26-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFrank View Post

Netflix streams do not have subtitles:

Thanks TBF!

I'm not crazy!  My mother had me tested...

post #639 of 3254 Old 06-26-2009, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirand View Post

I tried but it wont start the firmware setup tool with the american firmware on the USB stick.
It recoginzes the canadian and does the firmware update with that one. Is there a trick?

Alex

I used the USB firmware that is on the Samsung Canadian site

http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/do...&menu=download

Anyway it worked for me - I dont get any access to Netflix or Pandora and mu 3600 recognized the .ruf file instantly no problem
post #640 of 3254 Old 06-27-2009, 12:42 AM

well i read a couple pages back but didnt see anything so im asking is there a fw upgrade for the 3600 on the usa websight?
post #641 of 3254 Old 06-27-2009, 01:08 AM

well i checked the usa site and see they just released a fw update. does anybody know how to install it? I tried to dl the fw update user manual but when u click on the link instead of dling a pdf file it wants to dl some djvu file and i cant open it. dont want to install any programs that will either.
post #642 of 3254 Old 06-27-2009, 01:12 AM

well back again, I figured out how to dl the pdf file. So the only question is has anybody installed this fw update, and does it work ok and what does it change??? USA ver.
post #643 of 3254 Old 06-27-2009, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmb2428 View Post

well i read a couple pages back but didnt see anything so im asking is there a fw upgrade for the 3600 on the usa websight?

Quote:

well i checked the usa site and see they just released a fw update. does anybody know how to install it? I tried to dl the fw update user manual but when u click on the link instead of dling a pdf file it wants to dl some djvu file and i cant open it. dont want to install any programs that will either.

Quote:

well back again, I figured out how to dl the pdf file. So the only question is has anybody installed this fw update, and does it work ok and what does it change??? USA ver.

Dear sir or madam - I mean no disrespect, but you appear to be at least two pages late to the party.

Now that you have already applied said firmware, feel free to read the experiences of others who have also done so HERE?

Regards,
Spence

SpenceJT

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!"
- Malcolm Reynolds, Capt. "Serenity" -
post #644 of 3254 Old 06-27-2009, 07:25 AM

Since updating I've had some problems with AVCHD disks. If I try playing an AVCHD disk first after powering on, the machine hangs at load and only responds to power button. If I play something else first, then an AVCHD, it plays fine. BRs, DVDs, Divx disks, DVD backups, pandora, network, everything else plays fine. It's just AVCHDs, and only if it's the first thing played. I've tried powering on with an AVCHD in the tray, hangs at LOAD. I've tried powering up with nothing in the tray, waiting for the player to completely boot, then put an AVCHD in, hangs at LOAD. If I power on, play a BR, stop, put in an AVCHD, it loads and plays fine. I've unplugged, reset, reflashed the firmware, and tried changing every menu setting. No change. The results are 100% consistent for me.

I know I didn't have this problem before updating to 1.03, but I am wondering if this is a fw bug, or if it's a problem with my player that just happened to manifest after updating fw. Has anyone with 1.03 experienced this problem? I've got 3 days left to return this player if it indeed is a problem with the device.

Thanks.
post #645 of 3254 Old 06-27-2009, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Hot Sauce View Post

Since updating I've had some problems with AVCHD disks. If I try playing an AVCHD disk first after powering on, the machine hangs at load and only responds to power button. If I play something else first, then an AVCHD, it plays fine. BRs, DVDs, Divx disks, DVD backups, pandora, network, everything else plays fine. It's just AVCHDs, and only if it's the first thing played. I've tried powering on with an AVCHD in the tray, hangs at LOAD. I've tried powering up with nothing in the tray, waiting for the player to completely boot, then put an AVCHD in, hangs at LOAD. If I power on, play a BR, stop, put in an AVCHD, it loads and plays fine. I've unplugged, reset, reflashed the firmware, and tried changing every menu setting. No change. The results are 100% consistent for me.

I know I didn't have this problem before updating to 1.03, but I am wondering if this is a fw bug, or if it's a problem with my player that just happened to manifest after updating fw. Has anyone with 1.03 experienced this problem? I've got 3 days left to return this player if it indeed is a problem with the device.

Thanks.

Thanks Capt., I will check on this shortly - the primary reason that I upgraded from to the BD-P3600 (from the BD-UP5000) was the ability to playback AVC HD media. I only need to locate an AVC HD disc (I haven't created many yet).

I have created a Bugs/Fixes thread here, where we all can begin posting potential issues regarding v1.03.

It would have been nice, had we been able to download the original firmware that had come with it, in the event that we needed to revert. Moving forward, I would suggest that we archive at least the two most recent firmware updates. I know that the ability to revert to an earlier version has come in handy for some BD-UP5000 owners in helping to troubleshoot if a given issue wass a result of firmware.

Regards,
Spence

SpenceJT

post #646 of 3254 Old 06-27-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Hot Sauce View Post

Since updating I've had some problems with AVCHD disks. If I try playing an AVCHD disk first after powering on, the machine hangs at load and only responds to power button.

I just turned on my 3600 and put in an AVCHD disc and it loaded properly. I'm running the updated firmware.
post #647 of 3254 Old 06-27-2009, 10:31 AM

FYI...PC Streamers...I came across a free file converter that converts just about everything to everything. Format Factory. As a newbie I can't post the link but just search on the name and you will find the site at "formatoz".

I am a novice and just wanted to use the 3600 PC stream feature for home movies and other video clips and photos. I have used the Convert ALL to .AVI feature. The output settings allow the "video coding" to be set to "xvid". This works for the 3600.

I have been able to convert MPEG4 .avi files from a trail camera and .mov files from my olympus and now can stream them with the PC function. These are not HD and I didn't mess with bit rate settings in the tool (just used defaults), but the conversion seemed to be of equal quality even blown up to my 52 LCD.

I have only done files between 20 and 70 meg so I don't know how it would handle a movie. However, it can process in batch and you can select a whole folder to convert at once. I just finished my 2008 video folder with 141 files summing 3.5 gig. It took just under 2.5 hours

My next step will be to try and convert my camcorder DVD's.
post #648 of 3254 Old 06-27-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetCoaster View Post

Anyway it worked for me - I dont get any access to Netflix or Pandora and mu 3600 recognized the .ruf file instantly no problem

So you used the new firmware for the canadian system?
That worked out fine with my unit also.

I was hoping someone had already managed to get the american firmware on the canadian system. I bought the 3600 in the US but was shipped the canadian version and do not have the Netflix and Pandora access.
I guess it would be faster to just install the other firmware than to send back the unit and exchange it for an american version.

Did anyone manage to get the american firmware installed on the canadian player??
Please let me know!

Thanks!
post #649 of 3254 Old 06-27-2009, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Maybe you simply have an American unit with the Canadian firmware. As far as I know both the American and Canadian players should be physically identical.

Please feel free to visit MidnightWatcher's Blogspot or follow my NEWS feed on Twitter.
post #650 of 3254 Old 06-27-2009, 06:17 PM

Well i installed the fw upgrade and it worked ok. the only problem i have is it will not connect to my pc, it just says no shared pc found. I can connect to netflix and pandora.
post #651 of 3254 Old 06-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Well i installed the fw upgrade and it worked ok. the only problem i have is it will not connect to my pc, it just says no shared pc found. I can connect to netflix and pandora.

Hi are you trying to Auto connect to your PC?? I had some problems with the auto feature and I was able to manually input in a computer but that is a PITA??

post #652 of 3254 Old 06-27-2009, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Has anyone had any success downloading the American firmware over the Canadian firmware? My father-in-law bought a player from Eoutlet Canada. I tried burning the image file on a CD, the USB method, and attempted to download the firmware over the wireless connection. I appreciate any advise. I was not using Nero but a friend has a copy that he is going to lend me.
post #653 of 3254 Old 06-27-2009, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nephilim1 View Post

Hi are you trying to Auto connect to your PC?? I had some problems with the auto feature and I was able to manually input in a computer but that is a PITA??

After upgrading the Canadian fw I am able to connect manually and now the 3600 remembers my share, ip address, username and password so its not too bad to connect to my pc manually. It still does not discover my shares automatically..
post #654 of 3254 Old 06-28-2009, 10:20 AM

Does anyone know how to connect to a WIFI network that is hidden?? The wifi network I am trying to connect to does not broadcast the SSID, the network is not secure.

With other WIFI device I have to tell them to manually scan for this hidden netwrok by name, doing a normal scan will not pick up this network.

This Samsung BD-P3600 only has a basic scan option. How can I get this Samsung to manually search for a network??
post #655 of 3254 Old 06-28-2009, 08:06 PM

Okay guys, here is a crazy situation, anyone else run into this.
Bought a 3600 from Best Buy 6 weeks ago. All movies working fine. Got a Scenic National Parks - Yosemite, Blu Ray from Blockbuster. Kept freezing at the index. Called them and got a second disk sent out. Freezing at same location. Got a Scenic National Parks Yellowstone Disk out, freezes at index.
For all three disks, you would have to power off to get the disks out.

Took the disk to Best Buy Magnolia - worked fine on their floor display. They gave me a new player. Took it home - GUESS WHAT, same thing froze up on both disks.

Took it in to another Best Buy today - they opened up a new 3600 - WOULD NOT WORK. However, it worked on a 1600 in the store.

Went to another Best Buy (obviously it was driving me crazy) - they had a 3600 on display - it worked on it. Notice the mfg date was Jan 2009! So they opened up a new one from the Box (their display one was highly scratched and abused) GUESS what, DID NOT WORK!

So we have 3 units that it will not work. Works on their display units mfg Jan2009!

Came home tried wireless firmware update - said none available. Found on on the Samsung web site uploaded it and did the upgrade -STILL WILL NOT WORK!

Any one have any bright ideas?
I like the idea of having Pandora and Netflix otherwise would switch to a different brand!
post #656 of 3254 Old 06-28-2009, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdoc View Post

Okay guys, here is a crazy situation, anyone else run into this.
Bought a 3600 from Best Buy 6 weeks ago. All movies working fine. Got a Scenic National Parks - Yosemite, Blu Ray from Blockbuster. Kept freezing at the index. Called them and got a second disk sent out. Freezing at same location. Got a Scenic National Parks Yellowstone Disk out, freezes at index.
For all three disks, you would have to power off to get the disks out.

Took the disk to Best Buy Magnolia - worked fine on their floor display. They gave me a new player. Took it home - GUESS WHAT, same thing froze up on both disks.

Took it in to another Best Buy today - they opened up a new 3600 - WOULD NOT WORK. However, it worked on a 1600 in the store.

Went to another Best Buy (obviously it was driving me crazy) - they had a 3600 on display - it worked on it. Notice the mfg date was Jan 2009! So they opened up a new one from the Box (their display one was highly scratched and abused) GUESS what, DID NOT WORK!

So we have 3 units that it will not work. Works on their display units mfg Jan2009!

Came home tried wireless firmware update - said none available. Found on on the Samsung web site uploaded it and did the upgrade -STILL WILL NOT WORK!

Any one have any bright ideas?
I like the idea of having Pandora and Netflix otherwise would switch to a different brand!

Irdoc - have you played around at all with the audio settings? I had a similar issue with "Bolt", which would lock up at the same spot. Perhaps compare all of the settings between the display models that work, and the unit that doesn't?

I wish I had that title, so I could test it out. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Regards,
Spence

SpenceJT

post #657 of 3254 Old 06-29-2009, 05:00 AM

For those with lockup problems, have you checked your network connectivity? The BD-Live feature(s) will try to get information from the Internet, and if your networking is not working, it may seem to be locking up while it is just having network problems.
post #658 of 3254 Old 06-29-2009, 11:11 AM

Westcoaster,
You downloaded the Canadian version not USA

The Canadian version is XAC.RUF and the USA version is XAA.RUF

This is the reason your download worked on your Canadian machine.

Steve L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirand

Alex

http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/do...&menu=download
post #659 of 3254 Old 06-29-2009, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux Tigers View Post

Has anyone had any success downloading the American firmware over the Canadian firmware? My father-in-law bought a player from Eoutlet Canada. I tried burning the image file on a CD, the USB method, and attempted to download the firmware over the wireless connection. I appreciate any advise. I was not using Nero but a friend has a copy that he is going to lend me.

Has anyone had success putting US Firmware on a Canadian machine that is being used in the US. Thanks.
post #660 of 3254 Old 06-29-2009, 03:36 PM

Is there any way to setup the player so that the resolution being played is the resolution on the dvd.

Let me explain what I am trying to do which may clear up the above question. I bought a DVDO EDGE video processor that will upconvert everything fed to it to 1080P. I'd like the EDGE to do the upconverting and not the blu-ray player so I have the player set for 480P. But if I put in a bluray disc, isn't the player going to down convert that to 480P before the EDGE upconverts it back. I'd prefer to play the dvds at their natural resolution to avoid this.

I'm not sure how clear I am but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks
rpm
Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page