Official Samsung BD-P3600 Owners/Master thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 3252 Old 07-09-2009, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone had any success sharing their windows vista files and accessing them over the network? I cant seem to get the login to work. The login just fails even when I know I have the correct username and password.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 3252 Old 07-10-2009, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux Tigers View Post

HELP - NEED SAMSUNG AND PANDORA ENABLED ON CANADIAN MACHINE BEING USED IN US

My father in law bought a Samsung BD-P3600 from Eoutlet Canada. He lives in the US. Today a message came on his player to download new firmware. I downloaded the firmware. There is no Netflix or Pandora option on his player after the firmware upgrade. I thought the firmware upgrade would take care of the problem but it did not. I bought a Samsung BD-P2550 from Eoutlet Canada and had no problem getting the US firmware on my player to enable Netflix and Pandora. I am at my wits end regarding this problem and would appreciate any help or advise.

Any thoughts?
post #723 of 3252 Old 07-10-2009, 05:19 PM

Wondering if anyone has been able to change this...If I turn the unit on and there is a disc in the machine, I have to wait for it to go through the whole boot-up process before I can stop the disc and go to netflix. Is there any way to prevent this from happening other than making sure there is no disc in the machine when I turn it on?

Thanks in advance for any help
post #724 of 3252 Old 07-10-2009, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Try pressing the eject button to power up the machine.

This should power on the player, eject the tray, and allow you to remove the disc while the player boots.
post #725 of 3252 Old 07-10-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextoo View Post

Try pressing the eject button to power up the machine.

This should power on the player, eject the tray, and allow you to remove the disc while the player boots.

What he said...

Agreed though that this was annoying until I discovered this 'trick'.

I'm not crazy!  My mother had me tested...

post #726 of 3252 Old 07-11-2009, 11:15 AM

since i did the fw update i now have no problems logging on to my network and accessing files on my computer and getting on netflix! good job samsung!!!
post #727 of 3252 Old 07-12-2009, 10:48 AM

I have had no problems with my player since I bought it 1 month ago. I see there is a update out now. Should I update it or leave it? What bugs does it fix?
post #728 of 3252 Old 07-12-2009, 12:15 PM

Liked: 11
I was wrong about my player having been shipped with the current firmware. On Friday I received the message that there was a firmware update available. I started to attempt the update. Apparently there were many people accessing the Samsung server at the same time. I waited about 10 minutes and still the update had not even begun the download. Thinking I might damage the player if I hit cancel, I called Samsung. To make a long story short, I ended up talking to a tier two tech who told me to cancel out of the update as by then 15 minutes had accrued.

I then realized I didn't have any blank CDs to download the update to. I had a friend burn the firmware and graciously bring it to me. We had a couple of beers and he began telling me how he came to believe his PC had a virus. I decided not to update via his CD. This morning I did the update via my wifi network to the player directly. Took a few minutes but it worked just fine. It did not alter any of the settings I had in the player. My suggestion would be to attempt the update at an odd hour so that the server isn't overly slow.

I have no idea what improvements might be made by the firmware. It was relatively simple to do. I hope others have the same luck as I've noticed folks talking on the thread about their machine dying after the update.
post #729 of 3252 Old 07-12-2009, 04:35 PM

Trying to update my firmware using the USB. The player has been trying for about an hour and is still processing. The directions stated it should take 2-3 minutes. I went to samsungs trouble shooting and it says to open the disc tray and hit the info button. No luck. I am afraid to turn it off because the directions state it could damage the player. Thanks.

*The update finally worked. I risked it and pulled the power plug to get the player to shut off. I then restarted the usb update and it worked fine. Hopefully pulling the plug didnt screw anything up.*
post #730 of 3252 Old 07-12-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotp94 View Post

I have had no problems with my player since I bought it 1 month ago. I see there is a update out now. Should I update it or leave it? What bugs does it fix?

I have the same question. My 3600 asks me if I want to perform an avaiable upgrade. Don't want to mess anything up as everything works well, and has from the start, with this unit.

I've only had the 3600 for 2 weeks , but so far so good !!! Wireless streaming took 5 minutes to setup, Netflix and Pandora...no problems (and really cool). Image Quality is very good !!! Load times are pretty fast (although this is my first BD player).

So far the 3600 is everything I wanted...good PQ, seamless wireless streaming of Pandora and NetFlix, and easy to use.
post #731 of 3252 Old 07-12-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packdog View Post

I have the same question. My 3600 asks me if I want to perform an avaiable upgrade. Don't want to mess anything up as everything works well, and has from the start, with this unit.

I've only had the 3600 for 2 weeks , but so far so good !!! Wireless streaming took 5 minutes to setup, Netflix and Pandora...no problems (and really cool). Image Quality is very good !!! Load times are pretty fast (although this is my first BD player).

So far the 3600 is everything I wanted...good PQ, seamless wireless streaming of Pandora and NetFlix, and easy to use.

I have also had mine for about a month with no issues. I would like to better understand this firmware upgrade before I load. Does any know what it is suppose to be upgrading?
post #732 of 3252 Old 07-13-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitechddude View Post

I have also had mine for about a month with no issues. I would like to better understand this firmware upgrade before I load. Does any know what it is suppose to be upgrading?

You can go to Samsungs site and find the firmware page. It says there that the update provides some disc playing compatibility fixes. Others have also reported that there are some UI settings fixes (remembers network settings, etc). I updated my player right out of the box (via CD).
post #733 of 3252 Old 07-13-2009, 04:21 PM

After updating the firmware on 7/3, I tried to play the Bolt BR last night to watch with my 3yo. When loaded the disc would not go directly to its disc menu but to the spanish version of the Bolt game.
I tried the disc on the Panasonic dmp-bd30 player and it played flawlessly. I tried it back on the 3600 with the wireless connection off but still goes to the game menu.
Any of you guys has this kind of issue with the Bolt disc?
post #734 of 3252 Old 07-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by jroq444 View Post

After updating the firmware on 7/3, I tried to play the Bolt BR last night to watch with my 3yo. When loaded the disc would not go directly to its disc menu but to the spanish version of the Bolt game.
I tried the disc on the Panasonic dmp-bd30 player and it played flawlessly. I tried it back on the 3600 with the wireless connection off but still goes to the game menu.
Any of you guys has this kind of issue with the Bolt disc?

No problem here. Tried both ways: playing the 75 hours of previews and skipping the previews. Went to the menu both times. Try resetting your player and clearing your cache.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #735 of 3252 Old 07-14-2009, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

Try resetting your player and clearing your cache.

S~

how is the cache cleared?

TIA
bruce
post #736 of 3252 Old 07-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by glgeek View Post

how is the cache cleared?

TIA
bruce

In the setup menu there is a place to clear the cache on the memory card. I don't remember exactly where it is at this moment.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #737 of 3252 Old 07-14-2009, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
This just in.

Ridgefield Park, N.J. - Samsung Electronics America has signed a deal with Blockbuster that will provide digital entertainment downloads for selected new HDTVs, home-theater systems and Blu-ray players.
Read the full article here.

SpenceJT

www.spenceplace.com

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!"
- Malcolm Reynolds, Capt. "Serenity" -
post #738 of 3252 Old 07-14-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpenceJT View Post

This just in.

Ridgefield Park, N.J. - Samsung Electronics America has signed a deal with Blockbuster that will provide digital entertainment downloads for selected new HDTVs, home-theater systems and Blu-ray players.
Read the full article here.

----------
I just read that too. Here's the interesting bit (from Crave):

"...and select 2009 Blu-ray players / theater systems can get the service later via firmware update

According to Samsung, the Blockbuster OnDemand feature will be added to "Samsung LCD and Plasma HDTVs Series 650 and above, and Samsung LED HDTVs Series 7000 and above," as well as ""select 2009 Samsung Blu-ray players and home theater systems." We translate that as follows:

LCD TVs:
LNB650 series
LNB750 series

LCD TVs (LED-backlit):
UNB7000 series
UNB7100 series
UNB8000 series

plasma TVs:
PNB650 series
PNB850 series
PNB860 series

Models for Blu-ray players and home theater systems weren't specified, but all 2009 models already support Netflix and Pandora streaming, so adding a third online service wouldn't be a stretch."
post #739 of 3252 Old 07-14-2009, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuR View Post

----------
I just read that too. Here's the interesting bit:

...and select 2009 Blu-ray players / theater systems can get the service later via firmware update

This may explain why 'e-media' (can't recall exactly what it is called) was broken out as a separate menu selection beneath physical media, in the most recent firmware release.

It would be a bonus, if they would enable YouTube streaming content.

SpenceJT

www.spenceplace.com

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!"
- Malcolm Reynolds, Capt. "Serenity" -
post #740 of 3252 Old 07-15-2009, 12:01 PM

While using the Netflix feature I suddenly experienced a 'screen skipping' glitch in which the image on the TV jumped from the normal output, then to snow, then to black, with no discernible timing. I had control of the system at all times and could navigate the screens (when visible) and turn the power on/off...it was just the output (and the HDMI connection was fine).

It reminded me of the old Nintendo games glitch when a cartridge just didn't quite load correctly, and flickered on the screen.

I tried a hard reset several times with no change, then unplugged the system for an hour, still no change. Well I fired it up this morning, and it worked fine! I had to reload the wireless connection, so everything did reset.

I did do a software upgrade about a week prior, but used the system numerous times thereafter with no trouble, other than that, I did nothing different. I'm wondering if this is something to worry about, as my warranty is set to expire in about a month. Like I said, everything seems okay right now, but just like the old Nintendo system, if you fiddled around a bit with the power, the problem would seem to stop, buy eventually would return.

Has anyone else experienced or heard of this?
post #741 of 3252 Old 07-15-2009, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I've had problems with Netflix on this unit before, but not since the firmware upgrade, and never like what you've described. It used to hang frequently, and a reboot would fix it.

Aibohphobia: The fear of palindromes
post #742 of 3252 Old 07-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nephilim1 View Post

Well I switched out the 5.1 Cables to my other set still the same Song, Hum in the Sub.
Now I have noticed the Hum is there when I 1st boot up the 3600 and until blu ray kicks in the hum is there but goes away if a BluRay disk is in the drive and boots into that mode??

There has to be something going on with the player itself?? Anyone else getting this Hum?? Is my unit defective or is it a common issue with this player??

I have noticed a few said they do NOT hear the tone, can you Please confirm??

anyone else hear this hum??

post #743 of 3252 Old 07-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuR View Post

----------
I just read that too. Here's the interesting bit (from Crave):

"...and select 2009 Blu-ray players / theater systems can get the service later via firmware update

According to Samsung, the Blockbuster OnDemand feature will be added to "Samsung LCD and Plasma HDTVs Series 650 and above, and Samsung LED HDTVs Series 7000 and above," as well as ""select 2009 Samsung Blu-ray players and home theater systems." We translate that as follows:

Models for Blu-ray players and home theater systems weren't specified, but all 2009 models already support Netflix and Pandora streaming, so adding a third online service wouldn't be a stretch."

I find this more interesting:
Quote:
The new services will be available in the fall of 2009 and are expected to provide millions of homes across America access to Blockbuster's digital library of movies. Additionally, as part of the agreement, Blockbuster OnDemand will have preferred positioning on the Blu-ray interfaces.

http://news.prnewswire.com/ViewConte...5059187&EDATE=

What exactly is "preferred placement"? I can't imagine Netflix is too happy with Samsung for signing a deal with their direct competitor.

Also, I thought I remembered reading in Netflix's latest financial summary that their streaming agreements are in place only until 2009.

Does anyone think Samsung will end their relationship with Netflix in light of this Blockbuster "preferred placement" agreement? That would not be cool.

My next bluray player will either be a Samsung 2500/2550, 3600 or the Netflix BD390.

I mainly want Netflix, but also would like wireless streaming. The 25x0 is still on my list due to REON, even though it does not have wireless.

I just don't want to buy a Samsung and they pull Netflix support. I am not so worried about LG - they were the 1st company to ink a deal with Netflix, and are now putting it in their TVs. Seems like a safe relationship. Although I guess LG did that deal with Cinema Now.

I think I will wait until fall 09 to see what happens (unless a really, really good deal pops up on the 3600 or BD390).
post #744 of 3252 Old 07-15-2009, 02:34 PM

Also, Amazon rumored to be buying Netflix.

I'm not crazy!  My mother had me tested...

post #745 of 3252 Old 07-16-2009, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

What exactly is "preferred placement"? I can't imagine Netflix is too happy with Samsung for signing a deal with their direct competitor.

Also, I thought I remembered reading in Netflix's latest financial summary that their streaming agreements are in place only until 2009.

Does anyone think Samsung will end their relationship with Netflix in light of this Blockbuster "preferred placement" agreement? That would not be cool.

My next bluray player will either be a Samsung 2500/2550, 3600 or the Netflix BD390.

I mainly want Netflix, but also would like wireless streaming. The 25x0 is still on my list due to REON, even though it does not have wireless.

I just don't want to buy a Samsung and they pull Netflix support. I am not so worried about LG - they were the 1st company to ink a deal with Netflix, and are now putting it in their TVs. Seems like a safe relationship. Although I guess LG did that deal with Cinema Now.

I think I will wait until fall 09 to see what happens (unless a really, really good deal pops up on the 3600 or BD390).

Well this would piss me off, even though i remember when i first setup the 3600 i had to agree that these services where not guaranteed forever! Also why do i get the feeling that this will cost me MORE MONEY???

Anybody know if this could mean an upgrade in the still sucks 2ch audio whilst streaming movies?
post #746 of 3252 Old 07-16-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

I really don't think Netflix competes with Blockbuster. For a single monthly fee, you get unlimited streaming from Netflix with a limited library of streamable titles, along with mailing of discs from an unlimited library of titles. I don't believe Blockbuster is offering that kind of a service, but rather a pay per view from an unlimited library.
post #747 of 3252 Old 07-16-2009, 10:55 AM

I saw this question asked earlier in this thread, but I don't see an answer.......

Is there a way to turn off auto-play when you put in a BD disc so you can start off at the Disc menu, or is the only choice to let the movie start, then hit the disc menu button on the remote to change the audio, etc?
post #748 of 3252 Old 07-16-2009, 07:30 PM

I'm thinking of purchasing a P3600. But I'd like to know if you can stream unprotected music directly from a NAS or do you have to stream music from a PC with Windows Medial Player or equivalent running?
post #749 of 3252 Old 07-17-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDMike View Post

I'm thinking of purchasing a P3600. But I'd like to know if you can stream unprotected music directly from a NAS or do you have to stream music from a PC with Windows Medial Player or equivalent running?

Well thats a good question, i still say its not using wmp. im running xp, while im streaming from my network i checked the task manager and looked at all running programs loaded into memory, saw nothing from any player.
post #750 of 3252 Old 07-17-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmb2428 View Post

Well thats a good question, i still say its not using wmp. im running xp, while im streaming from my network i checked the task manager and looked at all running programs loaded into memory, saw nothing from any player.

Thanks, I think that I am goinng to get one today and I will post back and see if it works with a NAS on a network.
Reply Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page