I thought I'd post some more positive feedback on the latest firmware update...
- It downloaded slowly but installed with no issues (via wireless network)
- Blu-Ray discs work. Most of the discs I've had issues with in the past were rentals, so I can't know if those issues are resolved.
- Netflix is working well, with only one glitch - At one point, it started telling me that there was a router issue, a message I'd never seen before the upgrade. After several rounds of power off/on, I finally unplugged and let the unit rest for a while (also unplugged the Qwest modem). Since then, all is well.
- Pandora works fine, no lock ups at all, even after dozens of tracks on different channels. The audio quality may be reduced somewhat, but with no quantitative way to test that, it's hard to say for sure. If there is a reduction in quality on my player, it is slight.
- YouTube works well - it connects easily, and I've logged into my account. My only complaint is that I want a button to access My Videos, in addition to My Favorites.
- Blockbuster does not work so far, and it seems everyone is having the same issues, so it's an issue for Samsung and BB to work out. Yesterday, BB let me try to put in a code to connect to my account, but never liked the code. Today, BB just says it can't connect to the network at all. I'm assuming they are sorting this out.
I'd suggest a nice, long unplugging of all related components (including the BD-P3600 and the modem) to try to solve some of the issues people are having. Unrelated to this update, it was my experience that upgrading to a brand-new receiver (Denon AVR-2310ci) from an outdated one (Denon 3802) solved a variety of problems I was having, including blu-ray disc lockups and various sound issues.