Marantz UD9004 Universal player with Blu-ray - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 213 Old 08-31-2009, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 28
My hunch for the reason you prefer the Oppo over the A1 using HDMI where SACD is concerned (and justifiably so) is that the A1 outputs SACD at 44.1/16 (as will the Marantz) but the Oppo sends full resolution so it stands to reason the Oppo would sound more rich, detailed and have clearer highs. If you had the opportunity to compare the Oppo using HDMI and the Denon using Denon Link my guess would be similar to your results with Bluray, DVD and CD. Unfortunately the Marantz has no way to send SACD digitally at full resolution. Now if you were comparing the analog sections of the 3 players according to the specs things would be a bit different. The Marantz would in theory edge out the Denon and the Denon would edge out the Oppo, again in theory but whether one could actually tell the difference is totally on the individual.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 213 Old 08-31-2009, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post

My hunch for the reason you prefer the Oppo over the A1 using HDMI where SACD is concerned (and justifiably so) is that the A1 outputs SACD at 44.1/16 (as will the Marantz) but the Oppo sends full resolution so it stands to reason the Oppo would sound more rich, detailed and have clearer highs. If you had the opportunity to compare the Oppo using HDMI and the Denon using Denon Link my guess would be similar to your results with Bluray, DVD and CD. Unfortunately the Marantz has no way to send SACD digitally at full resolution. Now if you were comparing the analog sections of the 3 players according to the specs things would be a bit different. The Marantz would in theory edge out the Denon and the Denon would edge out the Oppo, again in theory but whether one could actually tell the difference is totally on the individual.

Yup, I think you are right on all counts. I had made the observation in the A1 thread that it was curious that Denon had chose to 'cripple' SACD playback over HDMI - and that this player wohould therfore be most appealing to those who already owned a Denon stack.

Going from my Meridian components to Denon is a compromise I'm not willing to make, nor do I have to as the Oppo suits my needs for a digital transport ideally.

Certainty and conviction are a sure sign you don't know what you're talking about! The world is not black and white, rather shades of grey!
post #63 of 213 Old 08-31-2009, 12:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1ore View Post

I have and I do.

A buddy of mine owns the A1; I own the Oppo. Ran both units via HDMI into my Meridan HD621/Meridian 861 combo. I detect no appreciable audio quality difference between the two players on Bluray, DVD or CD. On SACD, I slightly preferred the Oppo - although not night and day.

That is to be expected as the Denon will only output 16/44.1 (from SACD) and the Oppo will output 24/88.2 into the HD621 via HDMI.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #64 of 213 Old 09-05-2009, 09:37 AM

If you think that $5,999 is too much to pay for Marantz's UD9004, checkout Goldmund's Eidos Reference Blue BD player.

It can't play DVD-Audio or SACD discs, and its Profile 1.1.

All for the low, low price of only $135,000.

http://www.blog.ultimateavmag.com/ul.../over_the_top/
post #65 of 213 Old 09-05-2009, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy98007 View Post

Denophile: I'm sure there is a Marantz whine and cheese show near you soon.

C

clearly ill be sure to attend

what kind of whine will they be serving?

i begrudge no one for their achievements--if you can get this player or the denon by all means!
cheers
post #66 of 213 Old 09-11-2009, 01:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I will get Marantz_UD9400 next week,looking big and solid construction.
post #67 of 213 Old 09-29-2009, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by butsu View Post

I will get Marantz_UD9400 next week,looking big and solid construction.

Just got this player for 2 days.Marantz UD9004 shares the same many features like Denon-A1UD,first the set up menu that is the same.The big difference is always the sound(both surround and sacd,cd stereo music)which is the best ever since I've heard from BD player.One important thing is the faster loading than Denon-A1UD but I like Denon more than this one anyway.
post #68 of 213 Old 09-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by butsu View Post

The big difference is always the sound...which is the best ever since I've heard from BD player.

but I like Denon more than this one anyway

So which did you like more - the Denon or the Marantz?
post #69 of 213 Old 09-29-2009, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by welwynnick View Post

So which did you like more - the Denon or the Marantz?

Can't really say but I am a Denon fan and all equipments is always Denon(AVP/POA-A1HD,AVC-A1HD,AVR-4310).Denon-A1-UD,I quess.
post #70 of 213 Old 10-05-2009, 09:18 PM

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW THE VERTICAL STRETCH MODE WORKS ON THE 9004 - USING A PLASMA DISPLAY - This could be a great feature
post #71 of 213 Old 10-16-2009, 01:38 AM

Why would you stretch the picture on a plasmadisplay? So everybody can look thinner? This function is for use with anamorph lense in a projector setup. Works well on the Pioneer, haven´t tested the UD9004 yet. Will get it together with the Denon A1UD soon.

brgds joern

Editor, Norwegian Home Cinema Magazine
Eisa-magazine
post #72 of 213 Old 10-24-2009, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Anyone compared the Marantz SA-7s1 to this player for SACD. The SA-7 is stellar for SACD and CD.

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.
post #73 of 213 Old 03-20-2010, 03:39 PM

Am thinking of buying the UD9004 from Singapore at a very good price can anyone tell me is it worth buying this player. or just get the A1 or the very best Pioneer.
post #74 of 213 Old 03-21-2010, 01:33 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdblu View Post

Am thinking of buying the UD9004 from Singapore at a very good price can anyone tell me is it worth buying this player. or just get the A1 or the very best Pioneer.

It is an exceptional player for the Singapore price.......

I come from a land down under!!!
post #75 of 213 Old 03-26-2010, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I just installed my new UD9004 and cannot get it to operate properly. I am playing DVD and SACD discs in mutli channel more, but I only get sound through the R/L front channels. When I try to change settings in the Audio setup menu I cannot get into the 7.1 Channel Setup option because it is greyed out. Even more stange, I am using a 5.1 setup disc and the test signals for Center and Surround L/R are routed to the R/L front speakers. I just upgraded the firmware succesfully but this did not solve the issue. Anyone familiar wit this player has any suggestions what to do?
post #76 of 213 Old 03-26-2010, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

if its like the denon you need to make sure hdmi audio is set to 2 ch

then you need to select multichannel in the setup menu, press the select button when it is highlighted and you should get multichannel setup options like speaker distance, delay, etc.

This was an issue when the denon 5910 came out that was confusing--if the marantz has a similar setup menu and gui it may fix ya up.

also if there is a multichannel mixdown option make sure it is off.
post #77 of 213 Old 03-26-2010, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denophile View Post

if its like the denon you need to make sure hdmi audio is set to 2 ch

then you need to select multichannel in the setup menu, press the select button when it is highlighted and you should get multichannel setup options like speaker distance, delay, etc.

This was an issue when the denon 5910 came out that was confusing--if the marantz has a similar setup menu and gui it may fix ya up.

also if there is a multichannel mixdown option make sure it is off.

I cannot believe this. I spend three hours trying to figure this out - there is no reference to this in the manual, and simply setting HDMI out to 2 channel solved the problem. Am I really this stupid or is it the morons at Marantz? In any case, I was getting prepared for 48 hours of deep frustration and visions of shipping the unit back, and instead I am now looking forward to a weekend of sonic bliss and enjoyment of my new toy. I cannot thank you enough and next time you're in Atlanta I'll buy you a drink.
post #78 of 213 Old 03-26-2010, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edorr View Post

I cannot believe this. I spend three hours trying to figure this out - there is no reference to this in the manual, and simply setting HDMI out to 2 channel solved the problem. Am I really this stupid or is it the morons at Marantz? In any case, I was getting prepared for 48 hours of deep frustration and visions of shipping the unit back, and instead I am now looking forward to a weekend of sonic bliss and enjoyment of my new toy. I cannot thank you enough and next time you're in Atlanta I'll buy you a drink.

Its really not intuitive at all--a problem with denon gui's and poor instructions at times. We went through this with the 5910 when it came out and there were a LOT of confused people looking for answers--Very happy to pass along the knowledge.

I can only imagine youre frustration--If I had that machine and couldn;t try out the multichannel hi-rez I would be flipping out! I had a greattime last time I was in atlanta--if i;m there anytime I'll definitely PM you. And Ive got round 2
post #79 of 213 Old 03-29-2010, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denophile View Post

Its really not intuitive at all--a problem with denon gui's and poor instructions at times. We went through this with the 5910 when it came out and there were a LOT of confused people looking for answers--Very happy to pass along the knowledge.

I can only imagine youre frustration--If I had that machine and couldn;t try out the multichannel hi-rez I would be flipping out! I had a greattime last time I was in atlanta--if i;m there anytime I'll definitely PM you. And Ive got round 2

Speaking of frustration - two things somewhat spoiled my first week-end with the Marantz. First, there is only a source direct option, not a DSD direct. This means if you set this feature "on" the marantz will also bypass delay and bass management for non DSD sources. This is plain stupid because the only point of source direct is to avoid DSD to PCM conversion on SACD (at least for me - I assume for most). You want to use this feature for SACD sources only. Now I would have to go back to the setup menu if I wanted to play a SACD in direct mode.

Second, sometimes SACD create an interupted audio signal (1 second on 2 seconds off) and electrical popping sound. After changing out a few different types of discs it has been going away, but it sound very much like a defect. I hope it is a bug, not a hardware defect. Anyone has been having the same issue. I'll put a call into Marantz later today, but was just wondering if this is a know problem.

Other then that, the unit sounds very good in the mid and high registers. BAss performance is less impressive - not bad but slightly weaker than what I am used to from my Pioneer BDP-09 and through the Xtreme cards in my CBIII. This is all without any burn in, so things may still improve.
post #80 of 213 Old 03-29-2010, 05:22 PM
BCH

Speaking of frustration - two things somewhat spoiled my first week-end with the Marantz. First, there is only a source direct option, not a DSD direct. This means if you set this feature "on" the marantz will also bypass delay and bass management for non DSD sources. This is plain stupid because the only point of source direct is to avoid DSD to PCM conversion on SACD (at least for me - I assume for most). You want to use this feature for SACD sources only. Now I would have to go back to the setup menu if I wanted to play a SACD in direct mode.

Second, sometimes SACD create an interupted audio signal (1 second on 2 seconds off) and electrical popping sound. After changing out a few different types of discs it has been going away, but it sound very much like a defect. I hope it is a bug, not a hardware defect. Anyone has been having the same issue. I'll put a call into Marantz later today, but was just wondering if this is a know problem.

Other then that, the unit sounds very good in the mid and high registers. BAss performance is less impressive - not bad but slightly weaker than what I am used to from my Pioneer BDP-09 and through the Xtreme cards in my CBIII. This is all without any burn in, so things may still improve.

Yes, the bass will improve dramatically but unfortunately it will take about 3 months of continuous play. When I first got mine about 6 months ago I was comparing it soundwise, to my Wadia which was unfair to be sure but that was (is) my reference along with the Bladelius Embla. It certainly was not in this league so I used it mainly of course for blu-ray and SACD. Well to my surprise just about 3 months later after playing continuously all that time it is now very very competitive with both units and in some areas surpasses at times with redbook CD. I know this sounds crazy but give it time and keep it running. I know with my other things break-in did not take as long and sounded very good out of the box but the UD9004 for some strange reason is close to dreadful out of the box and not much better after over 2 months later but hang in there because it just wakes up and will truly surprise you as it did with me. I guess it is just so many components (even compared to the Wadia) it takes along time to prime the audio path completely. Anyhow good luck and be patient
post #81 of 213 Old 03-29-2010, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCH View Post

Yes, the bass will improve dramatically but unfortunately it will take about 3 months of continuous play. When I first got mine about 6 months ago I was comparing it soundwise, to my Wadia which was unfair to be sure but that was (is) my reference along with the Bladelius Embla. It certainly was not in this league so I used it mainly of course for blu-ray and SACD. Well to my surprise just about 3 months later after playing continuously all that time it is now very very competitive with both units and in some areas surpasses at times with redbook CD. I know this sounds crazy but give it time and keep it running. I know with my other things break-in did not take as long and sounded very good out of the box but the UD9004 for some strange reason is close to dreadful out of the box and not much better after over 2 months later but hang in there because it just wakes up and will truly surprise you as it did with me. I guess it is just so many components (even compared to the Wadia) it takes along time to prime the audio path completely. Anyhow good luck and be patient

did not realize burn in was such a big deal. I will be using the Marantz exclusively for SACD, DVD and Blu Ray - I go another direction for redbook CD. I guess I should use a multi channel disc for burn in since using a CD I will just have a signal goin through 2 channels. Is this what you did?
post #82 of 213 Old 03-31-2010, 10:47 AM
BCH

Quote:

did not realize burn in was such a big deal. I will be using the Marantz exclusively for SACD, DVD and Blu Ray - I go another direction for redbook CD. I guess I should use a multi channel disc for burn in since using a CD I will just have a signal goin through 2 channels. Is this what you did?

I used a multichannel SACD for about a month and was not really getting what I expected, so I just continued break-in for two channel as I could just repeat indefinately for weeks at a time. I have reached what I presume to be full break-in for two channel (as it directly compares to my Wadia and Bladelius CD rigs) but probably still has a little to go for multi-channel. I say this not that it does not sound great in multi but more over that it is harder for me to discern improvements as readily in multi-channel.
post #83 of 213 Old 04-01-2010, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCH View Post

I used a multichannel SACD for about a month and was not really getting what I expected, so I just continued break-in for two channel as I could just repeat indefinately for weeks at a time. I have reached what I presume to be full break-in for two channel (as it directly compares to my Wadia and Bladelius CD rigs) but probably still has a little to go for multi-channel. I say this not that it does not sound great in multi but more over that it is harder for me to discern improvements as readily in multi-channel.

I will be using this player for multi channel only. I player around with it a bit and found the difference between source direct on and off on SACD shocking - in particular in bass response. I feel that by going from DSD direct to PCM conversion you loose an octave and 10db in bass response. Note that I have set LFE to +10db option, added another 6Db in the channel level, and have subwoofer set to Main + LFE, so I am squeezing all the bass out of the player in source direct off mode. Do you (or anyone else have) have the same experience?
post #84 of 213 Old 05-04-2010, 07:48 PM

I am sorry I did try again and wait a bit longer Yes my 9004 play avatar without problem.
post #85 of 213 Old 06-04-2010, 10:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hi guys. I "listened" to edorr over at the $20K forum and got the Marantz UD9004 about 2 weeks ago. I've done some burn in only when sleeping, gets hot here in Arizona and don't wanna burn it out.

Initial impressions:

First, I discovered what edorr did on my own, as I did some speaker level matching and used the +10 db sub setting, also the sub + main setting. As I run four Aerial 9s, one Aerial CC5 and three Aerial SW12 subs (the three subs are chained). And Theta CB3 and Six Shooter. Set sub crossover at 40 Hz, just sound best this way in my system when I use CB3 direct with Xtreme DACs for music (oh - I use PS Audio PerfectWave Transport and DAC for stereo anyway)

My impression is that when you set in the menu for source direct to either 50 Hz or 100 Hz, that the setting is only meaningful when you also use the remote button to employ source direct to on or as you've set one of the custom modes. With the menu source direct set to off, its clear SACD is converted to PCM using the bass crossover. For SACD source direct is the only way.

Also played some DVD-A, though didn't try yet source direct vs it off.

I am just takin' my time, do a bit of listenin' here and there, some watchin' here and there, and will let my opinions form over time.

I think that barely warmed out of the box the Marantz on multi-channel SACD and DVD-A is close to my fully burned in Theta Comli (woops, it is currently selling on Ebay). So as it burns in it will surely be outstanding.

Funny thing on source direct for video. Blu Ray is native encoded at 4:2:2
YCrCb. I have a Lumagen Radiance XE and Sim2 C3X 1080. The Radiance menu shows that incoming source direct video from the 9004 though is 4:4:4. So the Marantz is doing a bit of upsampling of 4:2:2 to 4:4:4.
But the Radiance does its processing at 4:2:2. Its better to have the native HD signal go to the Radiance untouched, then let the Radiance do the processing. I have seen this with the Oppo BDP-83 blu ray player, where in the menu I can set to 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 and native 4:2:2 looks better and sharper. And early on I am disapointed because I am seeing a bit of reduction in picture quality due to the 4:4:4. I went on the Marantz website and inquired regard this two weeks ago, they said they referred it to engineering, but no response yet.

Roy Orbison - Black and White Nite - sounds fantastic on Blu Ray. Never heard it this good. Though I also have the multi-channel SACD and I will get to try that too.

Firmware update is weird. First time took forever, had to unplug unit as it wouldn't upgrade and wouldn't turn off. Later before I went to bed, I did the firmware upgrade again, and when I woke up in the AM, it had updated fine.

Today, I decided to do the firmware update that info was posted on the Marantz website yesterday. This time download went quick, maybe fifteen minutes, but then the player hung up endlessly with front panel saying "Waiting". Went to dinner, came back few hours later, player still said "waiting". I gave up. Couldn't turn off unit from front. Unplugged power cord, then plugged back in. Before I could turn unit on from front, it showed on the front panel that it was updating. And in a few minutes it completed updating. And when I went back into firmware upgrade, it indicated that I had latest firmware.

Marantz should have the menu or front panel display the firmware version and date of the current loaded firmeare.

What are your experiences on firmware update?

"Doug Winsor" used to troll at some AV Forums as "Steve Bruzonsky"! My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
post #86 of 213 Old 06-04-2010, 10:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I just saw in the AVS review of the 9004 that the reviewer says in source direct the picture is perfectly linear measuring wise provided that the "high sharpness" is set to -1. I set that in the menu and I shall "see" if it makes a difference.

"Doug Winsor" used to troll at some AV Forums as "Steve Bruzonsky"! My home theater at:
post #87 of 213 Old 06-05-2010, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post

Hi guys. I "listened" to edorr over at the $20K forum and got the Marantz UD9004 about 2 weeks ago. I've done some burn in only when sleeping, gets hot here in Arizona and don't wanna burn it out.

Initial impressions:

First, I discovered what edorr did on my own, as I did some speaker level matching and used the +10 db sub setting, also the sub + main setting. As I run four Aerial 9s, one Aerial CC5 and three Aerial SW12 subs (the three subs are chained). And Theta CB3 and Six Shooter. Set sub crossover at 40 Hz, just sound best this way in my system when I use CB3 direct with Xtreme DACs for music (oh - I use PS Audio PerfectWave Transport and DAC for stereo anyway)

My impression is that when you set in the menu for source direct to either 50 Hz or 100 Hz, that the setting is only meaningful when you also use the remote button to employ source direct to on or as you've set one of the custom modes. With the menu source direct set to off, its clear SACD is converted to PCM using the bass crossover. For SACD source direct is the only way.

Also played some DVD-A, though didn't try yet source direct vs it off.

I am just takin' my time, do a bit of listenin' here and there, some watchin' here and there, and will let my opinions form over time.

I think that barely warmed out of the box the Marantz on multi-channel SACD and DVD-A is close to my fully burned in Theta Comli (woops, it is currently selling on Ebay). So as it burns in it will surely be outstanding.

Funny thing on source direct for video. Blu Ray is native encoded at 4:2:2
YCrCb. I have a Lumagen Radiance XE and Sim2 C3X 1080. The Radiance menu shows that incoming source direct video from the 9004 though is 4:4:4. So the Marantz is doing a bit of upsampling of 4:2:2 to 4:4:4.
But the Radiance does its processing at 4:2:2. Its better to have the native HD signal go to the Radiance untouched, then let the Radiance do the processing. I have seen this with the Oppo BDP-83 blu ray player, where in the menu I can set to 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 and native 4:2:2 looks better and sharper. And early on I am disapointed because I am seeing a bit of reduction in picture quality due to the 4:4:4. I went on the Marantz website and inquired regard this two weeks ago, they said they referred it to engineering, but no response yet.

Roy Orbison - Black and White Nite - sounds fantastic on Blu Ray. Never heard it this good. Though I also have the multi-channel SACD and I will get to try that too.

Firmware update is weird. First time took forever, had to unplug unit as it wouldn't upgrade and wouldn't turn off. Later before I went to bed, I did the firmware upgrade again, and when I woke up in the AM, it had updated fine.

Today, I decided to do the firmware update that info was posted on the Marantz website yesterday. This time download went quick, maybe fifteen minutes, but then the player hung up endlessly with front panel saying "Waiting". Went to dinner, came back few hours later, player still said "waiting". I gave up. Couldn't turn off unit from front. Unplugged power cord, then plugged back in. Before I could turn unit on from front, it showed on the front panel that it was updating. And in a few minutes it completed updating. And when I went back into firmware upgrade, it indicated that I had latest firmware.

Marantz should have the menu or front panel display the firmware version and date of the current loaded firmeare.

What are your experiences on firmware update?

I updated firmware with no problem - took about half an hour. It is a little inconvenient Marantz does not tell which firmware version the unit is running, nor do they have frimware releare info on their site. I have similar setup experience in that:
(1) When using the Xover you need to cranck LFE channel settings all the way up. I suggest crossing over in the Marantz at higher than 40Hz. I used 40 in the CBIII as well, but the Marantz bass management is very different. As long as you set to "LFE+Main" the entire bandwidth will go to your R/L anyway so you loose nothing there.
(2) SACD is far superior in source direct. I believe the modes you set on the remote are "pure direct" not "source direct". This basically switched off the video circuit and/or the display.

I also experienced a problem with the player. At some point SACD started giving intermittent sound. I ended up sending the first unit back. The 2ns one worked fine until after a few weeks it did the same. I then swtiched source direct off and the problem went away. Went back to source direct and it has been working fine ever since. Looks like a software problem - not sure if this is fixable through firmware upgrade.

I would think by now your ud9004 should beat the Compli hands down on SACD - what is your experience? You did not comment much on SQ other than Roy Orbison on BR.
post #88 of 213 Old 06-05-2010, 09:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Go to the bottom of the specs and the firmware info is there!

http://us.marantz.com/Products/2936.asp

Yes, for audio, I meanut "pure direct",not "source direct".

As for the Marantz smokin' the Compli on SACD, I am takin' my time burnin' in
and really haven't done critical listenin' yet. Not in a rush. I am just glad its
easily as good as the Compli in that regard, and again, that was barely warmed
up out of the box.

post #89 of 213 Old 06-05-2010, 10:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I suggest crossing over in the Marantz at higher than 40Hz. I used 40 in the CBIII as well, but the Marantz bass management is very different. As long as you set to "LFE+Main" the entire bandwidth will go to your R/L anyway so you loose nothing there.

So what did you set your subs to - 80 Hz?

post #90 of 213 Old 06-05-2010, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post

So what did you set your subs to - 80 Hz?

Yes. When you cross over the CBIII at 40Hz you get response way above 40Hz because of the "slope" of the filter. With the Marantz you need to cross over above 40Hz to get a more smooth bass response.

You can easily compare by hooking up the Marantz digitally to the CBIII and analog to the six shooter. Then you play a CD with L/R bass crossed over to LFE channel and turn off all your channels except the sub. You can now switch between the digital input into CBIII and the analog into SS. I find you will get substantially higher frequencies coming out of the CBIII even at 40Hz Xover setting than the Marantz at 80Hz setting.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Marantz Ud9004 Flagship Universal Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page