Originally Posted by BDD888
I'm having problems upgrading the firmware from a disc given to me by Panasonic Canada. I have the DMP-BD60. Bought it in July. Decided to upgrade the firmware to 1.9. They sent me 1.7. So I decided to use the disc anyway.
I inserted the disc. L DRV was displayed. Then I got "UP D NG" displayed. The tray then opens. I decided to close the tray. Then I see INSERT DISC followed by L FVU. Then it displays L DRV again. Goes through this over and over.
Should this not all be automatic?? I've already contacted Panasonic Canada. Waiting for their reply (Email). Ideas??
I just updated my DMP-BD60 to fw1.7 last night using the CD-R Panasonic sent me. They should have included some instructions with it. Here are the exact steps to follow, and the whole thing took me about 10 minutes to complete:
1) Press the power button on the blu-ray player to turn it on.
2) Press the open/close button to open the disc tray.
3) Load the cd and press the open/close button to close the disc tray.
5) If the firmware update is performed, after the disc tray closes, the player will first display BYE on the front panel display, automatically turn itself off, restart again within a few seconds, and begin installing the firmware update from the CD.
6) If it successfully installs the update, the word FINISH will be displayed on the front panel. At that point, the disc tray will open automatically.
7) Remove the CD, but DO NOT close the disc tray.
8) Press the power button on the player to turn the power off. The disc tray will automatically close and the unit will power off. At that point, you're done.
BTW, what firmware version did you have on your player to begin with?