AVS Forum Special Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southeastern USA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Road Rash
Since the Amazon third party retailer was located only 70 miles from me (unkown to me when I ordered) my 3-5 day standard shipping only took 2 days. Instead of waiting until next for it to arrive week I'm now the proud owner of a BD80 this week.
My only other HD optical media experience is from my HD-DVD drive for my Xbox 360. My TV is a 52" 120hz Samsung LCD (LNT5271F). My initial impressions of the Panasonic...
1) I love the 1080p24. No more judder even with standard DVDs.
2) Upconversion seems good enough for me.
3) No hassle set up with my older D-link wireless router which is located very near my TV stand so it was basicly plug and play.
4) Firmware upgrade from 1.1 to 1.5 took about 10 minutes. I haven't tried BD Live yet.
5) Command response from the remote is a tad on the slow side. I can live with it.
I'll eventually get around to playing with the VieraCast and see how that is. I went with the BD80 for the analog outs so someday I'll have to fiddle with setting that up but for now I'm using the digital coax.
I'm going back to play with it some more. I love new toys.
I look forward to hearing more from you about your experience.
Home theater - LG OLED65E6P, Sony UBP-X800, Oppo UDP-203, Arcam FMJ BD300, Denon DVD-5910
Master bedroom - Oppo BDP-103
Breakfast area - Pioneer BDP-320
Office - Sony BDP-S5000ES
Family room - Pioneer BDP-320, Sony BDP-S790
Revel Performa3 F208, C208, M106, M105