Forum Jump: 

post #7891 of 8256 Old 03-15-2011, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd toss out a question about support and 2010 product threads. I have unsubscribed from several of the threads I was following, because of the following reasons:

1, I had gotten to a point, where I wasn't getting much help from the thread I couldn't solve on my own, and my email was being flooded.
2. I know that the 2011 models are starting to show up, so wasn't sure how active these threads would continue to be. I think I have a pretty solid setup going currently. I have reset my BD601 to erase all network info, and I basically use it as a profile 1.1 player. The BD 85 is still connected to the network, for the occasional netflix or other stream, and to see if the firmware is still updated for a while. Same for the sony player in the bedroom.

Beyond that, I'm not sure how much more help the forum and threads will be to me at this time. This leaves the final question, will this particular thread continue to regularly be active for a while, considering this was a popular player, and the last from panasonic which will support people's older receivers, and other setups?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7892 of 8256 Old 03-15-2011, 10:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie1617 View Post

Start Viera Cast, go to settings, Navigation Beeps, and toggle OFF by pressing the Okay button on the remote.

Top man,
Thanks
post #7893 of 8256 Old 03-16-2011, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd toss out a question about support and 2010 product threads. I have unsubscribed from several of the threads I was following, because of the following reasons:

1, I had gotten to a point, where I wasn't getting much help from the thread I couldn't solve on my own, and my email was being flooded.

Just turn off email notification. Then check your subscribed threads by going to http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/subscription.php when it's convenient.
post #7894 of 8256 Old 03-22-2011, 03:29 PM

Anyone know if there's a way to stream music from my PC with my BD-60?
I'm thinking not, but worth asking
post #7895 of 8256 Old 03-22-2011, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEmoses View Post

If you have an AV capture card in the computer, you could always stream audio and capture it on the computer, or listen to it that way. If not then there is no network streaming abilities of this player. You'd have to get a 350 model from 2010, or a 2011 model panasonic player to have DLNA support. DLNA will only let you stream from the computer to the player though. If you want to go from the player to the computer, then the AV capture card is your only option.
post #7896 of 8256 Old 03-22-2011, 04:54 PM

thanks.

Im just looking to stream from the computer to the player.

Thanks again
post #7897 of 8256 Old 03-22-2011, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSloss View Post

I got it this weekend, too. It was from the movie, not the device. I said no when it came up thinking it was for the device, not wanting to wait for it to complete. Afterwards, I went back to the BD65 setup and checked for updates. It said I was already current.

Mike

Do you think it was just "sensing" an incompatibility, and was telling you that you might need a normal firmware update? Maybe for some new protection?

There is an option about what kind of BD-Live content to allow. Maybe this option needs adjusting.

And while none of my discs require it, apparently some discs require an external flash memory storage device to be inserted for "temp work space memory".

post #7898 of 8256 Old 03-22-2011, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEmoses View Post

Not that I know of (no DLNA).

However, you can fit a bunch on a USB flash drive

If you don't want to install a real Media Center PC, there are various hardware devices that will do this cheap. Some of the smaller WD and Roku units are pretty inexpensive.

If trying to get to iTunes Library, you might have other options depending on current setup.

post #7899 of 8256 Old 04-05-2011, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone purchased a copy, or rented tron legacy with this player?

I own three blu-ray players:
Sony BDP-S570
Panasonic DMP-BD85
Panasonic DMP-BD601

On the 601, the 2D version on blu-ray makes the player click, and then return the disc is unreadable, in the functions menu it states Disc incompatible. If I power off the player, with the disc inserted, and back on, the disc behaves fine. The Classic version of tron loads fine on the 601 without issues.

Tron legacy loads fine on my other two players without having to power cycle.

I was wondering if there is some form of new copy protection on this disc, or if my drive's laser is starting to fail. The disc is brand new (purchased today). Did the usual checks, and the disc is clean.

I've ruled out defective disc since the 2010 models play it normally without issues, and with a power cycle, so does the 601.

Any ideas? I also posted to amazon reviews to see if anyone else there has had any issues.

Thanks
post #7900 of 8256 Old 04-05-2011, 12:05 PM

Liked: 11
I've had the same thing happen on the same model player, Panasonic 601k on some Fox titles also. Not sure why a power cycle is required to play those discs.

-----------
Robert
post #7901 of 8256 Old 04-06-2011, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Has anyone purchased a copy, or rented tron legacy with this player?

I own three blu-ray players:
Sony BDP-S570
Panasonic DMP-BD85
Panasonic DMP-BD601

On the 601, the 2D version on blu-ray makes the player click, and then return the disc is unreadable, in the functions menu it states Disc incompatible. If I power off the player, with the disc inserted, and back on, the disc behaves fine. The Classic version of tron loads fine on the 601 without issues.

Tron legacy loads fine on my other two players without having to power cycle.

I was wondering if there is some form of new copy protection on this disc, or if my drive's laser is starting to fail. The disc is brand new (purchased today). Did the usual checks, and the disc is clean.

I've ruled out defective disc since the 2010 models play it normally without issues, and with a power cycle, so does the 601.

Any ideas? I also posted to amazon reviews to see if anyone else there has had any issues.

Thanks

My DMP-BD80 plays the 2D Blu-ray of Tron Legacy just fine.
post #7902 of 8256 Old 04-06-2011, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikstormtrooper View Post

My DMP-BD80 plays the 2D Blu-ray of Tron Legacy just fine.

Well,
I called Disney today and explained what was going on. Their technician came to a firmware problem with the disc and player. My 85 from panasonic plays the disc just fine too, as does my sony player, you're player is a different model from the one having problems here. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
post #7903 of 8256 Old 04-06-2011, 08:58 AM

Hopefully, Panasonic will put out a new firmware fix for this issue soon.

-----------
Robert
post #7904 of 8256 Old 04-06-2011, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by microbob View Post

Hopefully, Panasonic will put out a new firmware fix for this issue soon.

Well, does panasonic even still support the 60/80 players? I haven't had a firmware update for my 601, in over a year.
post #7905 of 8256 Old 04-09-2011, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, does panasonic even still support the 60/80 players? I haven't had a firmware update for my 601, in over a year.

Hey guys,

I can confirm that the tron legacy 2D disc is incompatible with the panasonic DMP-BD60x player.

I got a disc from netflix today which is the exact same disc that came in my 5 disc retail set. The player exhibited the exact same behavior as my original copy. Symptoms:
When placing the disc into the tray, while the player is on, and closing the try yields, several seconds of disc spin-up, and clicking. Then, the message "Cannot Read, Check disc." pops up, After power cycling the unit, with the disc in the tray, the disc will load and play without further problems.

I made double sure the laser wasn't dirty, by running my Cyclone Clean Dr. optical lens cleaning disc (a brush based cleaner), without any resolve.

Considering 2 pressed copies had the same issue, leads me to believe, there is some form of new copy protection on this disc, making the player think it doesn't contain compatible data.

I checked panasonic's site, and connected the player to the network today, and there still is no firmware update.
post #7906 of 8256 Old 04-09-2011, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hey guys,

I can confirm that the tron legacy 2D disc is incompatible with the panasonic DMP-BD60x player.

When you get a chance, can you try it with all this at the same time:
- SD Card inserted
- Connected to Internet
- Option in BD-60 set to allow all BD-Live Content

post #7907 of 8256 Old 04-11-2011, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I have played the retail version of the Tron Legacy. I borrowed it from my neighbor. I played fine without any problems. It did have the SD card in, and it is conntected to the internet. Not sure why it would need to be conneceted to the internet, but it has worked fine for me.
post #7908 of 8256 Old 04-12-2011, 10:11 PM
eja

Quote:

My DMP-BD60 didn't have any problem playing it (from Netflix).
post #7909 of 8256 Old 04-12-2011, 11:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eja View Post
My DMP-BD60 didn't have any problem playing it (from Netflix).
Odd, I know the 60, and 601, use the same firmware, and are essentially the same player. I wonder, if my player's drive is failing then because I had two copies of the same disc have the same issue on the same player. It has the latest firmware 2.5, since the player hasn't had a firmware update in about a year, or a bit less. I disconnected it from the internet, so BDLive would be disabled. I do have a 1 GB SD card installed, and even reformatted the card, unplugged, and hard reset to factory settings. With all this said, the player still refused to read the content of this particular disc, unless I power cycled with the disc in the drive.

Other discs work without problems, including the other discs in the same package. My panasonic BD 85 works without a hitch, so does the sony S-570, and so does a magnavox profile 1.1 player, which has no internet or even profile 2 features.

I find it hard to believe, that a failing drive, would only present itself with only 1 disc. However, People on this thread, and the 55 thread, i think it was reported drive issues after about 2 years of use, which that player is very close to. Did any of those incidents, begin in a similar fashion ?

In all my history of optical media e.g. DVD/blu-ray i only had 1 defective DVD player, once I replaced it, i never had an issue with DVDs again, unless the disc itself had issues, but the main movie would always play, and the disc was always readable. From my experience, it seems like blu-ray will never be perfect, and always have bugs.

Does anyone want to take a stab at, why 3 out of 4 players will play this disc, and this one has issues? It makes absolutely no sense.
post #7910 of 8256 Old 04-14-2011, 08:29 PM

Hello:

I just updated my firmware from 2.4 to 2.5 on the BD605, and now no menu comes up on screen when I hit the "setup" button on the remote though the display in the front shows the word "SETUP"... help please? Thanks in advance!
post #7911 of 8256 Old 04-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Without more info I am going to guess the update reset your HD video output to something your TV does not support. Try connecting the BD605's standard definition video out (yellow RCA connector) to a corresponding video input of your TV. This should allow you to view the setup screen in 480i standard definition and check the HD output settings.
post #7912 of 8256 Old 04-19-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:

Hey guys,

Tron Legacy played fine on my DMP-BD60. No glitches at all.
post #7913 of 8256 Old 04-20-2011, 07:41 PM

Earlier in the day I played the 2D version of Tron Legacy fine on my DMP-BD80. No glitches at all. Is there any secrets on what to enter on the feature titled "The Next Day: Flynn Lives Revealed" at the end where the Hi Scores screen.

Jed "Freddy" Raybould
post #7914 of 8256 Old 04-20-2011, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Enter ALL.
post #7915 of 8256 Old 04-25-2011, 02:32 PM

Liked: 19
I can say that anything I've tossed into my BD-80 spins up and plays fine except for an annoying audio issue on some DTS-HD-MA tracks.

I'm getting random audio drops. It started with the Best Buy version of Despicable Me and even exchanging the disc at different stores the problem remains. I figured it was just a bad batch of discs since none of my other 60+ BD movies had the issue. Until yesterday evening while showing Tron Legacy, where I got one audio drop during the movie. Odd thing is the night before was two movies in a row one of which was Tron Legacy. Yes... I get a lot of company for movies to which I sit though several times.. doesn't bother me too much..

Seeing others post up issues around the two year mark makes me wonder if I'm reaching the end of life on my player. I'm fast approaching two years and many, many hours of use. Perhaps I'll try one of the suggested lens cleaners.

If I hadn't just spent a ton of dough upgrading my receiver and adding an amp I'd pick up an Oppo.

All my equipment has the latest firmware installed, I've tried other HDMI cables, etc.

If I see "END OF LINE" scroll across the BD-80's display I'll know I have deeper issues.
post #7916 of 8256 Old 04-26-2011, 04:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twotrey View Post

Hello:

I just updated my firmware from 2.4 to 2.5 on the BD605, and now no menu comes up on screen when I hit the "setup" button on the remote though the display in the front shows the word "SETUP"... help please? Thanks in advance!

Did this get resolved or figure out why it happpened?

Take responsibility for your own actions...society is not here to look after you...
In other words, if you order coffee, expect it to be hot for chrissake!
post #7917 of 8256 Old 04-26-2011, 01:19 PM

This is probably a dumb question, but do I need to do anything beyond just installing a SDHC card ... such as initializing it? Or is it just a "plug & play" type of thing?
post #7918 of 8256 Old 04-26-2011, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DECJ View Post

This is probably a dumb question, but do I need to do anything beyond just installing a SDHC card ... such as initializing it? Or is it just a "plug & play" type of thing?

Just Plug and Play.
post #7919 of 8256 Old 04-26-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingus View Post

Just Plug and Play.

Great ... thanks!
post #7920 of 8256 Old 04-30-2011, 11:38 PM

i just got a roy orbison blu-ray from netflix and my bd60 won't play it.is there a way to tell if it is a damaged disc or a update is needed? this blu-ray was released in 2008.aren't updates required only for the newest releases? every other disc plays perfectly and i've never done any updates.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Blu Ray Players , Panasonic Dmp Bd80k Blu Ray Player , Panasonic Dmp Bd60 Blu Ray Disc Player Black , Panasonic

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page