Official Panasonic DMP-BD60/80 Owners Thread - Page 277 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8281 of 8306 Old 09-29-2015, 03:48 AM
Senior Member
 
ReD-BaRoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla1856 View Post
This is lame. So much for updatable apps that extend the functionality of your Home-Theater components. At any time, they can also reduce existing functionality.


I don't use it much, but it was a nice way to view YouTube videos on the HT. I bet they will pull it from my 850u-plasma as well.


Are we sure someone wasn't just too lazy to re-write the app or pay for it to be done?

850u user . Amazon killed support for that set a few months ago .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ReD-BaRoN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8282 of 8306 Old 09-29-2015, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tesla1856's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReD-BaRoN View Post
850u user . Amazon killed support for that set a few months ago .


Thanks for that (bad) news. This is exactly what I mean.


Between the BD-60 and pz850u it would be nice if at least one played either AmazonVideo and YouTube once the smoke clears. But since they are similar age, I doubt it.


So it's not Panasonic responsible for this? ... it's Amazon and Google/YT ?

Living Room Home-Theater:
Epson 8350 Projector (1080p @ 96") / Panasonic 850u 46" 1080p Plasma TV
Onkyo TX-sr607 AVR (7.2ch ~ HDMI ~ wrat-Amp 630 watts )
AppleTV-4 / Panasonic dmp-BD60 Blu-Ray Disc Player / Cisco 8742hdc DVR (TWC)
Harmony 670 Remote / HTPC (Kodi/Win10-64) Media Server PC / Synology 12tb Raid-5 NAS
Polk Audio Monitor Series-II Speakers (Large 6.1 Matched Separates) / psw-505 12-Inch Sub
Tesla1856 is offline  
post #8283 of 8306 Old 09-29-2015, 10:47 AM
Senior Member
 
ReD-BaRoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla1856 View Post
Thanks for that (bad) news. This is exactly what I mean.


Between the BD-60 and pz850u it would be nice if at least one played either AmazonVideo and YouTube once the smoke clears. But since they are similar age, I doubt it.


So it's not Panasonic responsible for this? ... it's Amazon and Google/YT ?
It was Amazon's call. They offered $10 off Firestick to compensate, making it's $29. I picked one up to check it out. They sent me an email directly on this (presumably since I had my TV linked to my Amazon account).
ReD-BaRoN is offline  
 
post #8284 of 8306 Old 11-22-2015, 12:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tesla1856's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 68
BD-60 Firmware v2.67

Well, I did it.


As expected, YouTube is gone.
But Amazon still works and it looks like it might be 5.1 channel DolbyDigital (finally) now. At least that's what the tattle-tale lights on the Onkyo say.


On my Panny Plasma 850 (G11-2008) ... both YouTube and Amazon are gone.


So weird about YouTube ... you can watch that on just about anything now-days. Anyway ... no Amazon on Kodi or AppleTV-4, so I'm still scraping by.

Living Room Home-Theater:
Epson 8350 Projector (1080p @ 96") / Panasonic 850u 46" 1080p Plasma TV
Onkyo TX-sr607 AVR (7.2ch ~ HDMI ~ wrat-Amp 630 watts )
AppleTV-4 / Panasonic dmp-BD60 Blu-Ray Disc Player / Cisco 8742hdc DVR (TWC)
Harmony 670 Remote / HTPC (Kodi/Win10-64) Media Server PC / Synology 12tb Raid-5 NAS
Polk Audio Monitor Series-II Speakers (Large 6.1 Matched Separates) / psw-505 12-Inch Sub
Tesla1856 is offline  
post #8285 of 8306 Old 12-28-2015, 02:06 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla1856 View Post
Well, I did it.


As expected, YouTube is gone.
But Amazon still works and it looks like it might be 5.1 channel DolbyDigital (finally) now. At least that's what the tattle-tale lights on the Onkyo say.


On my Panny Plasma 850 (G11-2008) ... both YouTube and Amazon are gone.


So weird about YouTube ... you can watch that on just about anything now-days. Anyway ... no Amazon on Kodi or AppleTV-4, so I'm still scraping by.
I've been trying to update my firmware for the BD60 to no avail. I tried using IMGBurn and cdburnerxp with the ISO6990 format and a few hours later along with 15 coasters later I haven't gone anywhere.

How were you able to update the firmware? I believe in the past I could do it through the ethernet cable but I can't do that anymore for whatever reason.

Anyone with a CD image that would be willing to take a few bucks to send this poor soul a copy of the firmware? I contacted Panasonic and they told me they no longer mail copies to customers. They won't take my money either. It's this or a new player but it seems like such a waste to get rid of a player that I've been happy with.
EnjoytheMovie is offline  
post #8286 of 8306 Old 12-28-2015, 02:20 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoytheMovie View Post
I've been trying to update my firmware for the BD60 to no avail. I tried using IMGBurn and cdburnerxp with the ISO6990 format and a few hours later along with 15 coasters later I haven't gone anywhere.

How were you able to update the firmware? I believe in the past I could do it through the ethernet cable but I can't do that anymore for whatever reason.

Anyone with a CD image that would be willing to take a few bucks to send this poor soul a copy of the firmware? I contacted Panasonic and they told me they no longer mail copies to customers. They won't take my money either. It's this or a new player but it seems like such a waste to get rid of a player that I've been happy with.
Wow nevermind. After struggling for hours I finally got the player to update through the ethernet connection as before.

Reading this thread gave me the idea to go to viera cast which I never do because I use the player as a simple blu ray player.

Going to Viera Cast let me update the firmware.

Before I would go to setup, other, firmware. This screen would tell me there was an update available but it would direct me to the panasonic.net/support page. It wouldn't give me the option to download over the net to update.

Why would they design the player this way? Going to firmware in the setup menu should allow one to update the firmware instead of being directed to a Panasonic support page. Instead I had to hit the Viera Cast button to get things rolling.

I suppose they assume anyone wanting to update the firmware would be using the viera cast feature?

Oh well, I lost a few hours of my life. Maybe I should have just purchased a new player to save myself all of the headache.

Lesson learned, thanks Panasonic.
EnjoytheMovie is offline  
post #8287 of 8306 Old 12-30-2015, 05:21 AM
Senior Member
 
classicrecording's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 338
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 94
^
Should I update the firmware if everything is working OK? What is on it, or what does it do to improve the player?

Thanks in advance for any information.
classicrecording is offline  
post #8288 of 8306 Old 12-30-2015, 05:44 AM
Member
 
XEagleDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrecording View Post
^
Should I update the firmware if everything is working OK? What is on it, or what does it do to improve the player?

Thanks in advance for any information.
Mr. ClassicR,
My take is leave well enough alone, I have seen too many times new firmware has unexpected/unintended issues beyond what it is designed to solve.

I have not updated my unit's firmware for several years and it just keeps humming along. The only disk it has not played is Disney's Ratatouille, which worked a couple times and then never loaded again (also not on a Samsung unit).

Not a fan of being the industry's uncompensated beta tester.

Cheers,
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Cheers,
XEagleDriver
XEagleDriver is offline  
post #8289 of 8306 Old 04-27-2016, 06:25 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Dublin, CA
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Dolby Atmos Settings

Looking for settings on HDMI output for a Panasonic DMP-BD60, to get Dolby Atmos playback into Pioneer VSX-1130
soundmixer9 is offline  
post #8290 of 8306 Old 04-28-2016, 08:21 AM
as in "O.G." Alonzo
 
galonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: most usually, somewhere in the midwest...
Posts: 1,151
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 710 Post(s)
Liked: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmixer9 View Post
Looking for settings on HDMI output for a Panasonic DMP-BD60, to get Dolby Atmos playback into Pioneer VSX-1130
It's under Setup>Audio>Digital Audio Output

Set both to Bitstream, and BD-Video Secondary Audio must be set to OFF.

Confirmed Atmos from Sicario on my Denon AVR-X4200W

UN78HU9000FXZA(TS01)/SEK-3500U || UDP-203 (fw: 46-0622, dual-HDMI config.)
Denon AVR-X4200W || Atmos/DTS:X 5.1.4:
Fronts = Klipsch R-3650-WII (x2), Surrounds = Klipsch G12 (x2)
Center = Klipsch RP-160M, Sub = HSU VTF-3 Mk5 HP,
TFs = Klipsch R-2650-C (x2), TRs = Polk RC80i (x2)
UN65JS9500FXZA (TS01) || UBD-K8500 || Chromecast Ultra
galonzo is offline  
post #8291 of 8306 Old 07-24-2016, 08:10 PM
Newbie
 
GolfPT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
2-channel Analog Audio Out and HDMI Video

Is there a way to get the 2-channel audio to play with an hdmi cable connected for video? I don't see anything in the settings to select 2-channel audio and the manual gets ultra confusing at times.

I know it's an old player but I'm connecting the hdmi video to a projector and the 2 channel audio to a mixer board to 2 active speakers for an outdoor movie set-up. If it won't work, then I'll just sell it on ebay but if I don't have to buy a new player just to use outside that would be awesome.

Thanks so much and sorry to activate an old thread.
GolfPT is offline  
post #8292 of 8306 Old 08-10-2016, 08:54 AM
Newbie
 
exim1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Wow, I gave up on hoping for a firmware update after no update put out for years, leaving me with discs that wouldn't read.
What a suprise to see that they bothered to put one out - albeit I'm a year late.

The update has fixed the appalling out of sync playback caused by the last update, and seems to play recent BDs well.
exim1 is offline  
post #8293 of 8306 Old 08-27-2016, 01:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WOLVERNOLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: DUMFRIES, VA USA
Posts: 2,679
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Question Question on how you like your Denon AVR-X4200W ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
It's under Setup>Audio>Digital Audio Output

Set both to Bitstream, and BD-Video Secondary Audio must be set to OFF.

Confirmed Atmos from Sicario on my Denon AVR-X4200W
A slight "rabbit trail" but how do you like your Denon AVR-X4200W ?? This is the one that I had been strongly considering. And, does it, unlike some AVR's, throw same (equalY power to ALL channels, or the majority to the two (2-channel) front? Has the X4200W provide all the power you have needed for, say, 7.1 or so ?
WOLVERNOLE is offline  
post #8294 of 8306 Old 08-28-2016, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tbase1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: medina Ohio
Posts: 2,364
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Call me lazy already, but does anyone have in 103 D settings recommendations for a JVC RS4810?

tony4k
tbase1 is offline  
post #8295 of 8306 Old 02-23-2017, 03:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Cla55clown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Arvada, Colorado (Denver area)
Posts: 458
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 75
So I'm still using my BD60 as a secondary BDP in my loft area. went today and hooked it up to the ethernet jack and it says there was an update. I did the update without a hitch but my colors are all screwy on the main splash and menu pages as well as disc playback. It's like its tinted way toward green or something. I went through all the setting and I can't find anything that could be making it that way. Other sources on the same TV look normal.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so can I roll the firmware update back to a previous build? Before this, the player has been running and playing discs great.
Cla55clown is offline  
post #8296 of 8306 Old 02-23-2017, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tesla1856's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cla55clown View Post
So I'm still using my BD60 as a secondary BDP in my loft area. went today and hooked it up to the ethernet jack and it says there was an update. I did the update without a hitch but my colors are all screwy on the main splash and menu pages as well as disc playback. It's like its tinted way toward green or something. I went through all the setting and I can't find anything that could be making it that way. Other sources on the same TV look normal.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so can I roll the firmware update back to a previous build? Before this, the player has been running and playing discs great.


I wonder that firmware version you installed, and which one you were running before.

Mine worked the last time I checked.

I wonder if your motherboard was already failed and it just seemed like the firmware update caused it?

Living Room Home-Theater:
Epson 8350 Projector (1080p @ 96") / Panasonic 850u 46" 1080p Plasma TV
Onkyo TX-sr607 AVR (7.2ch ~ HDMI ~ wrat-Amp 630 watts )
AppleTV-4 / Panasonic dmp-BD60 Blu-Ray Disc Player / Cisco 8742hdc DVR (TWC)
Harmony 670 Remote / HTPC (Kodi/Win10-64) Media Server PC / Synology 12tb Raid-5 NAS
Polk Audio Monitor Series-II Speakers (Large 6.1 Matched Separates) / psw-505 12-Inch Sub
Tesla1856 is offline  
post #8297 of 8306 Old 07-19-2017, 10:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
mariokrt64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 566
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Question FW Update V2.67 Stops

Quote:
Originally Posted by silekonn View Post
Hello all,

I am trying to assist someone in updating to a newer firmware. The player has problems with discs (' protections?). It is a DMP-BD60 with 1.7. I have twice burned the correct country's firmware file, once with ImgBurn as an ISO9660. Each time, the player displays L FVU and immediately ejects the disc. The update does not complete.

Does anyone have 2.64 on disc that can be converted to an ISO? Can someone offer recommendations? I do not have Roxio or Windows XP.

Thanks in advance.

Silekonn
trying to update firmware for a DMP BD80 blu ray player...burned three CDs that won't work...tried online but starts the download but aborts it sometimes at <20% other times @<50%..

tried several times already...

with the CD's its start the process, appears to recognize the CD, reboots the bluray player but then indicated error on disc....

Online it starts the process sometimes close to 50% download and then stops....

I was having problems playing some of the newer blurays discs and thought a FW update may correct this....

appreciate your comments....thanks...

My current FW is V2.64
mariokrt64 is offline  
post #8298 of 8306 Old 07-19-2017, 11:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tesla1856's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariokrt64 View Post
trying to update firmware for a DMP BD80 blu ray player...burned three CDs that won't work...tried online but starts the download but aborts it sometimes at <20% other times @<50%..

tried several times already...

with the CD's its start the process, appears to recognize the CD, reboots the bluray player but then indicated error on disc....

Online it starts the process sometimes close to 50% download and then stops....

I was having problems playing some of the newer blurays discs and thought a FW update may correct this....

appreciate your comments....thanks...

My current FW is V2.64
Sounds like it's a gonner (bad hardware). My BD-60 took 2.67 via wired ethernet a while back . It still works fine. The wife and I just did Battlestar Galactica all seasons BluRay binge watching over several days. The most I've used it in a while, but it preformed flawlessly. Not only did it play all those BD, I got the impression they are heavily protected.

I have noticed that a proper spec and speed-class SD card is required for BD-Live and maybe online firmware. Maybe try that and carefully cleaning lasers. But if neither way works, sounds like motherboard failure. Be sure it's not over-heating. Not sure if BD60/BD80 has a master-reset or cmos-reset or not.

Living Room Home-Theater:
Epson 8350 Projector (1080p @ 96") / Panasonic 850u 46" 1080p Plasma TV
Onkyo TX-sr607 AVR (7.2ch ~ HDMI ~ wrat-Amp 630 watts )
AppleTV-4 / Panasonic dmp-BD60 Blu-Ray Disc Player / Cisco 8742hdc DVR (TWC)
Harmony 670 Remote / HTPC (Kodi/Win10-64) Media Server PC / Synology 12tb Raid-5 NAS
Polk Audio Monitor Series-II Speakers (Large 6.1 Matched Separates) / psw-505 12-Inch Sub
Tesla1856 is offline  
post #8299 of 8306 Old 07-19-2017, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member
 
mariokrt64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 566
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla1856 View Post
Sounds like it's a gonner (bad hardware). My BD-60 took 2.67 via wired ethernet a while back . It still works fine. The wife and I just did Battlestar Galactica all seasons BluRay binge watching over several days. The most I've used it in a while, but it preformed flawlessly. Not only did it play all those BD, I got the impression they are heavily protected.

I have noticed that a proper spec and speed-class SD card is required for BD-Live and maybe online firmware. Maybe try that and carefully cleaning lasers. But if neither way works, sounds like motherboard failure. Be sure it's not over-heating. Not sure if BD60/BD80 has a master-reset or cmos-reset or not.
The thing is that plays other blurays just fine, so I don't think its gone yet...the problem is specifically the fw update and it actually start the download and stops midway thru it....
mariokrt64 is offline  
post #8300 of 8306 Old 07-19-2017, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tesla1856's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariokrt64 View Post
1. The thing is that plays other blurays just fine,

2. so I don't think its gone yet...

3. the problem is specifically the fw update and it actually start the download and stops midway thru it....
1. Really? Hmm, so sounds like BD drive mechanism is good. However, CD and DVD use the red laser pickup instead.

2. I tend to agree

3. Maybe after all these years, the panasonic.com firmware files are corrupt or mis-labled?

What version firmware is currently loaded on your BD-80 ?

What is the URL where you are getting the firmware files?

What country are you in?

In BD-80 set to Region-1 (USA)?

Do you have a working SD card installed?

Living Room Home-Theater:
Epson 8350 Projector (1080p @ 96") / Panasonic 850u 46" 1080p Plasma TV
Onkyo TX-sr607 AVR (7.2ch ~ HDMI ~ wrat-Amp 630 watts )
AppleTV-4 / Panasonic dmp-BD60 Blu-Ray Disc Player / Cisco 8742hdc DVR (TWC)
Harmony 670 Remote / HTPC (Kodi/Win10-64) Media Server PC / Synology 12tb Raid-5 NAS
Polk Audio Monitor Series-II Speakers (Large 6.1 Matched Separates) / psw-505 12-Inch Sub
Tesla1856 is offline  
post #8301 of 8306 Old 07-19-2017, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
mariokrt64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 566
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla1856 View Post
1. Really? Hmm, so sounds like BD drive mechanism is good. However, CD and DVD use the red laser pickup instead.

2. I tend to agree

3. Maybe after all these years, the panasonic.com firmware files are corrupt or mis-labled?

What version firmware is currently loaded on your BD-80 ?

What is the URL where you are getting the firmware files?

What country are you in?

In BD-80 set to Region-1 (USA)?

Do you have a working SD card installed?
Let me try a CD to see if it plays.....
FW V2.64
the link is from Panasonic US support.
I am in PR so US Region
Yes set to Region 1..I have done a couple of previous updates via CD
I don't have an SD card installed...however no mention of that need on the FW installation instructions..do you think I would need it? I am not sure I have one around but will try to find one just in case...my prior years updates were via CD, not online....thanks
mariokrt64 is offline  
post #8302 of 8306 Old 07-19-2017, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tesla1856's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariokrt64 View Post
Let me try a CD to see if it plays.....

1. FW V2.64

2. the link is from Panasonic US support.

3. I am in PR so US Region

4. Yes set to Region 1..I have done a couple of previous updates via CD

5. I don't have an SD card installed...however no mention of that need on the FW installation instructions..do you think I would need it? I am not sure I have one around but will try to find one just in case...my prior years updates were via CD, not online....thanks
1. OK

2. The link I find might not be the one you are using.

3. That might be why online doesn't work

4. Cool

5. Yes. Probably why I have posted about it twice now. Sometimes you have to try various things. Or, you can take the easy-road, throw it in trash, and buy a new one.

Living Room Home-Theater:
Epson 8350 Projector (1080p @ 96") / Panasonic 850u 46" 1080p Plasma TV
Onkyo TX-sr607 AVR (7.2ch ~ HDMI ~ wrat-Amp 630 watts )
AppleTV-4 / Panasonic dmp-BD60 Blu-Ray Disc Player / Cisco 8742hdc DVR (TWC)
Harmony 670 Remote / HTPC (Kodi/Win10-64) Media Server PC / Synology 12tb Raid-5 NAS
Polk Audio Monitor Series-II Speakers (Large 6.1 Matched Separates) / psw-505 12-Inch Sub
Tesla1856 is offline  
post #8303 of 8306 Old 07-19-2017, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
mariokrt64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 566
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla1856 View Post
1. OK

2. The link I find might not be the one you are using.

3. That might be why online doesn't work

4. Cool

5. Yes. Probably why I have posted about it twice now. Sometimes you have to try various things. Or, you can take the easy-road, throw it in trash, and buy a new one.
Can you provide me that link?

I do have another player...just that i like to bring this to solution....LOL
mariokrt64 is offline  
post #8304 of 8306 Old 07-19-2017, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
mariokrt64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 566
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Tesla was a problem solver...and I see that as part of your ID...
Tesla1856 likes this.
mariokrt64 is offline  
post #8305 of 8306 Old 07-19-2017, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tesla1856's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariokrt64 View Post
Can you provide me that link?
While your BD-80 firmware might be different, I see TWO separate places to get BD-60 Firmware, and the v2.67 Firmware files downloaded from each are slightly different:

http://shop.panasonic.com/support-on...pportpage=true

and

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/...index2_na.html

Maybe try both websites (but for BD-80). Interesting to see only BD-60 in my filenames because I thought the BD60 and BD80 were the same as far as software and firmware is concerned.

Living Room Home-Theater:
Epson 8350 Projector (1080p @ 96") / Panasonic 850u 46" 1080p Plasma TV
Onkyo TX-sr607 AVR (7.2ch ~ HDMI ~ wrat-Amp 630 watts )
AppleTV-4 / Panasonic dmp-BD60 Blu-Ray Disc Player / Cisco 8742hdc DVR (TWC)
Harmony 670 Remote / HTPC (Kodi/Win10-64) Media Server PC / Synology 12tb Raid-5 NAS
Polk Audio Monitor Series-II Speakers (Large 6.1 Matched Separates) / psw-505 12-Inch Sub
Tesla1856 is offline  
post #8306 of 8306 Old 07-20-2017, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
mariokrt64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 566
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla1856 View Post
While your BD-80 firmware might be different, I see TWO separate places to get BD-60 Firmware, and the v2.67 Firmware files downloaded from each are slightly different:

http://shop.panasonic.com/support-on...pportpage=true

and

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/...index2_na.html

Maybe try both websites (but for BD-80). Interesting to see only BD-60 in my filenames because I thought the BD60 and BD80 were the same as far as software and firmware is concerned.
Thks...I'll try those....in fact I received a msg from Panasonic support which seemed to refer to a jpn site...so it appears your suggestion may be on the right track.....

will let you know how it goes.....

thanks again....
mariokrt64 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , dolby atmos , Oppo , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Panasonic , Panasonic Dmp Bd60 Blu Ray Disc Player Black , Panasonic Dmp Bd80k Blu Ray Player , panasonic dmp-bd60

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off