Official Panasonic DMP-BD60/80 Owners Thread - Page 278 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8311 of 8314 Old 08-02-2017, 10:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tesla1856's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,638
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariokrt64 View Post
After several days and tries I was able to get it updated with the player online...

however the problem with playing some bluray disc persists...probably the unit is showing its age and there may be an issue with the blue laser as it played the one cd and dvd that I attempted, flawlessly...

thanks
Well, at least its running the latest firmware now ... good work.

Yeah, the blue-laser and I think the motor must also spin faster for Blu-Ray discs.

I had a problem with a few discs a while back. They were fixed by inserting (proper spec and speed) 8gb SD-Card. It think it had something to do with BluRay-Live.

Anyway, this one was inexpensive long ago and new ones are even cheaper. If this one ever dies, I'll probably get a Sony next time.

Living Room Home-Theater (Multi-Use Room):
Epson 8350 Projector (1080p @ 96") ~ Panasonic 850u 46" 1080p Plasma TV
Onkyo TX-sr607 AVR ~ Cisco 8742hdc DVR (Spectrum) ~ Panasonic BD60 Blu-Ray Player
AppleTV-4 (iTunes,Plex,DMA,Vudu) ~ Simple Control HA ~ Alexa Echo Dot
Harmony 670 Remote ~ HTPC (Kodi/Win10-64) Media-Server ~ Synology DS412+ 16tb Raid-5 NAS
Polk Audio Monitor Series-II CS-2 Center & 60,40 Pairs / PSW-505 12-Inch Subwoofer

Last edited by Tesla1856; 08-02-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Tesla1856 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8312 of 8314 Old 08-09-2017, 10:25 AM
Advanced Member
 
mariokrt64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 573
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla1856 View Post
Well, at least its running the latest firmware now ... good work.

Yeah, the blue-laser and I think the motor must also spin faster for Blu-Ray discs.

I had a problem with a few discs a while back. They were fixed by inserting (proper spec and speed) 8gb SD-Card. It think it had something to do with BluRay-Live.

Anyway, this one was inexpensive long ago and new ones are even cheaper. If this one ever dies, I'll probably get a Sony next time.
I can hear the motor running so maybe its that or most probably the blue laser (misaligned?)...Its not really the cost but that I may be a little attached to this unit....it was about $200 in 2009 when I bought it, but the built qualitiy is above the charts (metal case, 8 lbs wt., etc.) when compared to my 2 yr old Samsung plastic cheap fabrication...

Think I will give it a proper burial when times comes, as it appears to still be able to play CD's and DVD's.....LOL
mariokrt64 is offline  
post #8313 of 8314 Old 08-09-2017, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tesla1856's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,638
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariokrt64 View Post
I can hear the motor running so maybe its that or most probably the blue laser (misaligned?)...Its not really the cost but that I may be a little attached to this unit....it was about $200 in 2009 when I bought it, but the built qualitiy is above the charts (metal case, 8 lbs wt., etc.) when compared to my 2 yr old Samsung plastic cheap fabrication...

Think I will give it a proper burial when times comes, as it appears to still be able to play CD's and DVD's.....LOL
If it consistently plays your older Blu-Ray disks, then the blue-laser and motor are likely OK.

If it's just the newer BD that's won't play (and you have a network connection and SD-Card installed) I would say it's a firmware issue (BD-60/80 can't handle the newer protection type).

Living Room Home-Theater (Multi-Use Room):
Epson 8350 Projector (1080p @ 96") ~ Panasonic 850u 46" 1080p Plasma TV
Onkyo TX-sr607 AVR ~ Cisco 8742hdc DVR (Spectrum) ~ Panasonic BD60 Blu-Ray Player
AppleTV-4 (iTunes,Plex,DMA,Vudu) ~ Simple Control HA ~ Alexa Echo Dot
Harmony 670 Remote ~ HTPC (Kodi/Win10-64) Media-Server ~ Synology DS412+ 16tb Raid-5 NAS
Polk Audio Monitor Series-II CS-2 Center & 60,40 Pairs / PSW-505 12-Inch Subwoofer
Tesla1856 is online now  
 
post #8314 of 8314 Old 08-10-2017, 06:11 AM
Advanced Member
 
mariokrt64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 573
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla1856 View Post
If it consistently plays your older Blu-Ray disks, then the blue-laser and motor are likely OK.

If it's just the newer BD that's won't play (and you have a network connection and SD-Card installed) I would say it's a firmware issue (BD-60/80 can't handle the newer protection type).
It doesn't...I thought the problem was the FW but after the update I was only able to play one after loading several old ones....the one DVD and CD I loaded played fine...that's why I thought the issue may be related to the blue laser?...I don't have an SD card but almost never had one, just for a brief time initially..I have a network cable connected now for the update but not in the past, except when new..

thanks
mariokrt64 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , dolby atmos , Oppo , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Panasonic , Panasonic Dmp Bd60 Blu Ray Disc Player Black , Panasonic Dmp Bd80k Blu Ray Player , panasonic dmp-bd60

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off