Official Panasonic DMP-BD60/80 Owners Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter
 
HiFiFun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
After reading of the improved Panasonic color processing, I wanted to months ago purchase the BD-35 Blu-ray/DVD player. But because they were impossible to find I purchased the BD-60 the first day they were availible.
As I've owned a Sony PS3 for several years it was only natural that I compare it to the BD-60.

Pixel Processing Gets Better
--------------------------
Why not state the findings first?
The Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-ray/dvd player's image quality is superior to the Sony PS3. It mates especially well with my Samsung 950's larger color gamut by (re)generating a tangy, lustrous wider spectrum colors with added clarity and detail. Standard Dvd playback at 24p is enhanced too. Simply set the player to output 24p and picture to "fine".

It is well known that the color portion of an image is sampled much less than the luminance. Original studies dating back in the 1950's gave justification for lowering this sample rate. Can we see the ill effects of using this lower color sampling rate, especially with the new wider LED color gamut displays? Easily. So what can be done to restore the original pixel-level integrity?

A solution is provided in Panasonic HD/DVD players:
The Panasonic Hollywood Laboratories PHL Reference Chroma Processor studies and improves restoration, color correction, compression and digital conversion, then up-samples (4:2:0 to 4:2:2) the color information in decoded video signals. The unique PHL Reference Chroma Processor Plus expresses the fine details and nuances of movie scenes by reproducing clearer color boundaries, providing all the qualities that a Blu-ray (and DVD) disc has to offer.

P⁴HD (Pixel Precision Progressive Processing for HD) Technology
To get the best high definition images from a Blu-ray (and DVD) disc, you need a player that renders high-quality progressive images, expresses motion smoothly, and draws sharp diagonal lines. The Panasonic-unique P4HD technology processes more than 15 billion pixels per second, generating each pixel correctly according to information obtained from up to 60 surrounding pixels, and applies the optimum processing to every pixel in the video data on the disc. The result is images with exceptional resolution. (Note: for optimal PQ set players output to 24p).

Compare all this technology which does make a noticeable improvement in picture quality to reviewers who still rate a player based upon its largely obsolete de-interlacing capability.

In just a day of ownership I find no downsides to the BD-60. Any bugs were fixed in the BD-35. It is a pleasure to use!
It uses less power, is quieter but is not a full fledged media server. (PS3 owners should download the "PS3 Media Server" application. Its awesome!).
It has an Ethernet port finally allowing for convenient updates.

Lastly I don't see how the Oppo 83 can compete with the unique image processing provided by these Panasonic. Pricewise the tables are turned with the Oppo having a 40% higher MSRP. We won't even mention technical and human interface bugs.
Without a doubt the BD-60 is the player to beat. I do not recommend paying extra for the analog outputs of the BD-80, as virtually all receivers and A/V controllers are equipped with HDMI inputs.

Update 8-7-2009
Consumer Reports Rates the Panasonic 80 even with the Oppo 83
--------------------------------------------------------------
Oppo BDP-83 Score: 83 Price: $500
"It's a "universal" player that can play all types of discs, including high-resolution (mostly obsolete) SACDs and DVD-Audio titles."

Panasonic DMP-BD80 Score: 83 Price $350
CR's Take
"This Panasonic Blu-ray player offers excellent overall performance. It includes Panasonic's VieraCast online service, for access to videos from YouTube, digital photos from Picasa, and soon, Amazon Video on Demand. It has internal decoding of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD lossless audio, and 7.1-channel analog outputs. It includes an SD card slot and can play back AVCHD video files.

Highs
Excellent HD picture quality with Blu-ray discs, and excellent picture quality from standard DVDs. It's a BD-Live-ready model with an Ethernet port, and can access extra Web-based content from movie studio servers, or download firmware updates. A USB port provides access to photos, videos, and music stored on a USB flash drive.

Lows
Requires an optional 1GB SD card for BD-Live feature. It was unable to load a badly damaged Blu-ray disc that other players could handle."
---
Note: Members with HDMI receivers should instead consider the Panasonic DMP-BD60 which omits the legacy analog outputs. The Panasonic DMP-BD60 and its clones have a current street price of $200. This would have made the product an obvious "best buy" had CR tested it rather than the 80.
Panasonic DMP-BD60 MyScore: 83 Price $200*

*An AVS Best Buy
HiFiFun is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
vinodk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 2,210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Thanks for the brief overview. I am curious as to what the crossover setting is in BD-80. Hopefully it is set at 80Hz rather than 100Hz like current player & hopefully the speaker setup menu is more staright forward. I am planning to use that with my legacy receiver.

Vinod
vinodk is online now  
post #3 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Member
 
carledwards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am keenly interested in what people have to say in this thread. I have two BD30's (one is Region B) and they have been flawless for me. I'm seriously interested in the new Panasonics. Thanks for starting this one off.
carledwards is offline  
post #4 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
PatrickGSR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm not an owner yet, but I probably will be soon. I saw the BD60 already on the floor at Best Buy for the MSRP. Too bad it's not on sale but it's still a good price.

My 3+ yr. old LG upscaling DVD player had the HDMI port break off the PC board 18 months ago, and the component outputs went out on me last week, so now I've resorted to using the *gasp* composite output. So that puts me in the market for a Blu-Ray player and this one is looking pretty nice.
PatrickGSR94 is offline  
post #5 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
moviegeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Can anybody please confirm what media the USB port supports on the BD60(US model).
moviegeek is offline  
post #6 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Member
 
cylonsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any one see the 80 in the wild yet???
cylonsix is offline  
post #7 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jay_Davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,872
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
That wasn't a review, that was Panasonic marketing material.

Just FYI on that techno-babel.... The player reads the data off the disk, runs the decode algorithm on it, and sends it to the TV over HDMI. Anything else is messing with the picture.
Jay_Davis is offline  
post #8 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bakerwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Peach State
Posts: 2,804
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiFun View Post

Lastly I don't see how the Oppo 81 can compete with the unique image processing provided by these Panasonic. Pricewise the tables are turned with the Oppo having a 40% higher MSRP. We won't even mention technical and human interface bugs.
Without a doubt the BD-60 is the player to beat. I do not recommend paying extra for the analog outputs of the BD-80, as virtually all receivers and A/V controllers are equipped with HDMI inputs.

A few questions. Why are you comparing the BD-60 to the Oppo 81? It is a dvd player. Your comment "I do not recommend paying extra for the analog outputs of the BD-80, as virtually all receivers and A/V controllers are equipped with HDMI inputs." Everyone doesn't own a AVR equipped with with HDMI inputs. I'm assuming your 40% reference is to the Oppo BDP-83 blu-ray player. I personally would be interested in the performance of the BD-80 once it hits the street. Last, will you be doing an A/B comparison against your PS3?

Willie

Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD

Zektor MAS7.1

Classé CA-2200/CA-5200

Oppo BDP-105, Denon DVD-5910CI, Cambridge 752BD, Cambridge 640C V2

Paradigm Signature S8, Paradigm Signature ADP1

Paradigm Signature ADP3, Paradigm Signature C5

REL R-505 Sub (2)

Oppo BDP-93, BDP-103D, Pioneer BDP-320

Sony BDP-S790

bakerwi is offline  
post #9 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Member
 
cylonsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yup cheaper to spend $100 then spending $1k on a HDMI reciever, yes you can get them cheaper but for me to replace my receiver with something equel would be about $1.2-$1.5k.
cylonsix is offline  
post #10 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter
 
HiFiFun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Davis View Post

That wasn't a review, that was Panasonic marketing material.

Just FYI on that techno-babel.... The player reads the data off the disk, runs the decode algorithm on it, and sends it to the TV over HDMI. Anything else is messing with the picture.

No this is true and sophisticated image processing for DVD and Blu-ray playback. Its so much more visually important than the traditional deinterlacing chipsets used to sell $2000 players.
The question is has the system you've selected good enough to see the difference?

Two flaws in the human interface:
It takes three presses from three different buttons (to skip the advertisements) just to select the DVD menu. Is this is the downside of being located in Hollywood?
24p has to be selected each time a DVD is played as it defaults to the legacy 60Hz. Blu-ray works fine here.
HiFiFun is offline  
post #11 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Member
 
xDazedx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking to pull the trigger on a new blu-ray and was looking at the Panasonic DMP-BD35K. Then I saw the DMP-BD60 for the same price. So what is the best choice here?
xDazedx is offline  
post #12 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter
 
HiFiFun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylonsix View Post

Yup cheaper to spend $100 then spending $1k on a HDMI reciever, yes you can get them cheaper but for me to replace my receiver with something equel would be about $1.2-$1.5k.

Following this logic then why not just get one of them $40 RF channel 3 converter boxes from Radio Shack?
HiFiFun is offline  
post #13 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter
 
HiFiFun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDazedx View Post

I am looking to pull the trigger on a new blu-ray and was looking at the Panasonic DMP-BD35K. Then I saw the DMP-BD60 for the same price. So what is the best choice here?

Both a quite similar but the 60 has more video/Internet streaming features. Since the 35 has been $800 at Amazon for the past month, these players are truely an investment.
HiFiFun is offline  
post #14 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Member
 
cylonsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiFun View Post

Following this logic then why not just get one of them $40 RF channel 3 converter boxes from Radio Shack?

What the frak is that??? Just drop it... I don't need to be told what I need by someone that does not know my setup, this will not be my 1st nor 2nd Blu ray player, it would be my 3rd BD player in my house I WILL spend the extra $100 for the analogs outputs.. End
cylonsix is offline  
post #15 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Member
 
xDazedx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiFun View Post

Both a quite similar but the 60 has more video/Internet streaming features. Since the 35 has been $800 at Amazon for the past month, these players are truely an investment.

Stay off of myspace at those prices! I am seeing these for less than $300. That is why I was trying to determine which is going to have the better features. I will be using this on a Panasonic TH-50PZ85U.
xDazedx is offline  
post #16 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Member
 
TurboTalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OMG... you have THREE blu-ray players? You ma'am, are a ballerette. Your amazingness has truly shut my mouth!

Anyways, I am hoping Amazon does another $100 off when buying select titles. $299.99 is still a bit steep but I am definitely eying the BD60. The comparison to OPPO being more expensive is dumb, the OPPO plays SACD and DVD-A. It's a "universal" player, where as the Panny is not.

I'm interested in pictures from the OP, I have a Sammy 650 in my bedroom that I plan on pluggin the BD60 into so it'd be nice to see the setup. Maybe a few pix of the unit, menus, a movie, etc. ??? Why have an owner's thread without pix!
TurboTalon is offline  
post #17 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter
 
HiFiFun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylonsix View Post

What the frak is that??? Just drop it... I don't need to be told what I need by someone that does not know my setup, this will not my 1st nor 2nd Blu ray player, it would be my 3rd BD player in my house I WILL spend the extra $100 for the analogs outputs.. End

So you bought three blu-ray players (with analog outputs) but cannot upgrade one receiver? You gain superior performance at every stage from maintaining all digital processing. The receiver feature set today is quite stable as compared to them Blu-ray players, just as you testify.
HiFiFun is offline  
post #18 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Member
 
cylonsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiFun View Post

So you bought three blu-ray players (with analog outputs) but cannot upgrade one receiver? You gain superior performance at every stage from maintaining all digital processing. The receiver feature set today is quite stable as compared to them Blu-ray players, just as you testify.

Your just guessing at my setups. The 80 will be my 3rd, not going any farther this is geting OT

@ TurboTalon you are guessing I'am a he with the 'sir'.. not.. I'am a she. Probably the only one on the forum, oh well.
cylonsix is offline  
post #19 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
Angel L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got the 60 yesterday at BB for $240.00, I will put it in the bedroom to pair up with my 42" 768 rez. plasma. I like the fast boot and fast loading time. User menu the same as panny plasma and quiet, excellent choice for second or third room. I do not think it is capable of being in the same comparison with Pio or Oppo, but I will review in detail as time goes by.
Angel L. is offline  
post #20 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Member
 
GRUNT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
are the analog outputs the only difference between the 60 and the 80
GRUNT3 is offline  
post #21 of 8255 Old 03-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Member
 
GRUNT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
GRUNT3 is offline  
post #22 of 8255 Old 03-23-2009, 03:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
erick granato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: toronto area
Posts: 600
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hififun; I've auditioned some of the new HDMI receivers in the $1500 to $2000 range and they don't hold a candle to my 15 year old Nakamichi receiver. I use the analogue outs on my 55 and am quite happy with the sound quality.
erick granato is offline  
post #23 of 8255 Old 03-23-2009, 05:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
Angel L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Dam, I should have kept my old SAE reciever also?
Angel L. is offline  
post #24 of 8255 Old 03-23-2009, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
vinodk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 2,210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I agree that some of the legacy receivers with excellent analog & amp sections with player doing the decoding sound as good & perhaps even better than all digital receivers.
Analog & amp section is what costs money in receivers & thats where mass market manufacturers cut corners to meet a price point.

Vinod
vinodk is online now  
post #25 of 8255 Old 03-23-2009, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
demonfoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiFun View Post

It takes three presses from three different buttons (to skip the advertisements) just to select the DVD menu. Is this is the downside of being located in Hollywood?

Depends on the title; not the player's fault, but a choice by those doing the disc authoring. Yeah, it sure does suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiFun View Post

24p has to be selected each time a DVD is played as it defaults to the legacy 60Hz. Blu-ray works fine here.

There's a very specific reason for that though - unfortunately a *lot* of DVDs were misflagged as 60i with 24p cadence, even though they weren't, so if the player just accepts the flags at face value, they'd probably get a lot of support calls (and probably returned players) with complaints about "OMG THE 24p DVD OUTPUT LOOKS HORRIBLE WTF". It was a compromise that Panasonic made, given the state of the technology.
demonfoo is offline  
post #26 of 8255 Old 03-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Member
 
peanut1015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerwi View Post

A few questions. Why are you comparing the BD-60 to the Oppo 81? It is a dvd player. Your comment "I do not recommend paying extra for the analog outputs of the BD-80, as virtually all receivers and A/V controllers are equipped with HDMI inputs." Everyone doesn't own a AVR equipped with with HDMI inputs. I'm assuming your 40% reference is to the Oppo BDP-83 blu-ray player. I personally would be interested in the performance of the BD-80 once it hits the street. Last, will you be doing an A/B comparison against your PS3?

Willie

First, this a quick response and was a quick comparison. I threw in Bolt yesterday and found the BD60 to be quite impressive. My surrounds were non stop and so were my subs. PQ was extremely sharp and smooth. Load times were seemingly slow, although acceptable, but I am a PS3 owner so I am spoiled. Then I watched the same scenes on my PS3 and decided the bd60 was abetter player, but there was no need to upgrade...Yet. All I wanted to know if I could justify the price tag, and sadly I cannot. As much as I wanted to. Do not get me wrong, the bd60 is a better blu ray player. I have been debating a standalone for some time now, and I will be still waiting. If I did not have a PS3, there was no question this is a remarkable player. Or, if you have some high end equipment and can see and hear subtle differences power to you. If you are like me and have a PS3, and are satisifed with it, just keep using it. If you want an outstanding blu ray experience with a standalone, this bd60 will do just fine. I want to make it clear to everyone I am not a fanboy of any type, I am just trying to help those who bought a PS3 for blu ray long ago and wondering if that is still a valid justification. I hope this helps!
**I did not compare SD upscaling, not something I need to consider
My setup is a Samsung 52a550 and Yamaha 663 receiver. Bose Acoustimass 15, 250 watt Infinity Sub.
peanut1015 is offline  
post #27 of 8255 Old 03-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
PatrickGSR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut1015 View Post

First, this a quick response and was a quick comparison. I threw in Bolt yesterday and found the BD60 to be quite impressive. My surrounds were non stop and so were my subs. PQ was extremely sharp and smooth. Load times were seemingly slow, although acceptable, but I am a PS3 owner so I am spoiled. Then I watched the same scenes on my PS3 and decided the bd60 was abetter player, but there was no need to upgrade...Yet. All I wanted to know if I could justify the price tag, and sadly I cannot. As much as I wanted to. Do not get me wrong, the bd60 is a better blu ray player. I have been debating a standalone for some time now, and I will be still waiting. If I did not have a PS3, there was no question this is a remarkable player. Or, if you have some high end equipment and can see and hear subtle differences power to you. If you are like me and have a PS3, and are satisifed with it, just keep using it. If you want an outstanding blu ray experience with a standalone, this bd60 will do just fine. I want to make it clear to everyone I am not a fanboy of any type, I am just trying to help those who bought a PS3 for blu ray long ago and wondering if that is still a valid justification. I hope this helps!
**I did not compare SD upscaling, not something I need to consider
My setup is a Samsung 52a550 and Yamaha 663 receiver. Bose Acoustimass 15, 250 watt Infinity Sub.

Actually that is very helpful. I have been debating on spending 300 on this player or 400 on a PS3 to use for blu-ray movies. I'm not really much of a gamer, so methinks I'd be better off saving the extra $100 and going with the BD-60.
PatrickGSR94 is offline  
post #28 of 8255 Old 03-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Member
 
peanut1015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post

Actually that is very helpful. I have been debating on spending 300 on this player or 400 on a PS3 to use for blu-ray movies. I'm not really much of a gamer, so methinks I'd be better off saving the extra $100 and going with the BD-60.

Another note, most of you know the PS3 is a media server as well. It works very well, in fact. If you do not care about that, the bd60 is the way to go. Watch prices, one user stated it was purchased for around 50-60 less tjan msrp.
peanut1015 is offline  
post #29 of 8255 Old 03-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
PatrickGSR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Yeah I'd like to know how that happened, they mentioned it was at BB, but my local BB has it for MSRP currently.
PatrickGSR94 is offline  
post #30 of 8255 Old 03-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Member
 
GRUNT3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post

Yeah I'd like to know how that happened, they mentioned it was at BB, but my local BB has it for MSRP currently.

same here
GRUNT3 is offline  
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo , Oppo Bdp 83 Blu Ray Player , Blu Ray Players , Panasonic Dmp Bd80k Blu Ray Player , Panasonic Dmp Bd60 Blu Ray Disc Player Black , Panasonic

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off