Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 50 Old 04-26-2009, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarkjoe View Post

Wymann, I 'm done through your information. The BD-60 said it's incompatible after reading the disk.

Well, the AVCHD format requirements are strict, so it's possible one or more of the encoding settings on your video is incompatible. It doesn't work with all video files. You should read through the AVCHD spec and doom9 discussions for encoding and tsMuxer to find the best settings. You can check your settings with MediaInfo and see if anyone at doom9 can help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 Old 04-28-2009, 05:46 PM

I still have no luck how to get the Panasonic bd-60 play the ACVHD on the DVD-R, wasted more than 10 after many retried.
post #33 of 50 Old 04-28-2009, 05:49 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:

I still have no luck how to get the Panasonic bd-60 play the ACVHD on the DVD-R, wasted more than 10 after many retried.

I forget: did you try the BDMV version?

[EDIT: Wait, wrong thread. I was thinking of the AVS HD 709 disc, which comes in AVCHD and BDMV versions).

-Bill
post #34 of 50 Old 04-28-2009, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

Do they work on your PC? How did u burn your dvd-r's? Just burn data they work.
post #35 of 50 Old 04-28-2009, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

I forget: did you try the BDMV version?

[EDIT: Wait, wrong thread. I was thinking of the AVS HD 709 disc, which comes in AVCHD and BDMV versions).

-Bill

I downloaded AVS HD AVCHD version and burnt a DVD+R disc. It works perfectly on my BD60. However, like benchmarkjoe, I wasn't able to create other AVCHD discs that can play on BD60 using sample clips from other sources. Panasonic must be very picky about strict AVCHD format.
post #36 of 50 Old 04-29-2009, 09:51 AM

Well, I use multiAVCHD (some of the others) and follow the intruction by author, then I use either Nero9 or ImgBurn to DVD-R. There must be away to do this. Hope someone comes up the idea how to get this work on the BD-60
post #37 of 50 Old 04-29-2009, 09:35 PM

It works fine on the BD60. Re-read the doom9 discussions, test and go over your encoding settings again.
Discs have been working since at least the BD30 and BD35 generation. Now that multiAVCHD can create files that play from SD card, you can test all you like to be sure that your video files are fully compatible before burning a disc.
post #38 of 50 Old 04-29-2009, 11:46 PM
Advanced Member

AVCHD playback apparently does not work on Panasonic if book-type is set to DVD-ROM. See dcassidy's post:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=625
post #39 of 50 Old 04-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

AVCHD Build 558.
http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=2472
Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post

Build 558:

5 available output formats, all with strict compliance to standards - 3 for solid media, 2 for optical (1 for DVD-R discs).

* Be advised that all 5 modes produce specific and different output, designed especially for the devices listed in "Playback compatibility" and media in use (solid/optical).
* AVCHD output is different than the one produced by tsMuxeR alone.
* If you input Blu-ray folders/playlists they can be converted to AVCHD.
* If you input AVCHD folders they can be converted to Blu-ray.

[AVCHD for USB/SDHC/MS (Playstation 3)]
* 8.3 filenames
* FAT32 4GiB file size limit
* Supports menu
* Content restrictions: NTSC consoles do not support PAL (25fps) content
* Complies with AVCHD version 1
* Media: USB flash, USB HDD, SD card, SDHC card, MemoryStick card
* Playback compatibility: Playstation 3, software players

[AVHCD for Panasonic SDHC]
* 8.3 filenames
* No menu (Direct navigator only)
* Media: SD card, SDHC card
* Playback compatibility: Playstation 3, Panasonic Blu-ray players and camcoders via SDHC card, software players

[AVHCD for Panasonic TV]
* 8.3 filenames
* No menu (Direct navigator only)
* Content restrictions (PAL/NTSC and 1080i/1080p forced resolution)
* Media: SD card, SDHC card
* Playback compatibility: Playstation 3, Panasonic BD players, Viera TV sets and camcoders via SDHC card, software players

[AVCHD for DVD/BD-R]
* Long filenames
* UDF 2.50/2.60 file system required
* Supports menu
* Stricter AVCHD folder format option is recommended (only standard folders)
* Media: DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD+RW/BD-R/BD-RE
* Playback compatibility: Playstation 3 and most Blu-ray players via optical media, software players

[Blu-ray for BD-R]
* Long filenames
* UDF 2.50/2.60 file system required
* Supports menu
* Complies with BDMV version 1 / Profile 1
* Media: BD-R/BD-RE
* Playback compatibility: Playstation 3 and most Blu-ray players via BD-R disc, software players

Depending on the player you're using, you may have to use only H.264 (AVC) video files with AC3 or LPCM audio for all 4 AVCHD modes.

To improve compatibility with audio formats, enable all conversions in Audio/Subtitles tab:

* PCM->AC3
* DTS->AC3
* TrueHD/DTS-MA/HRA->AC3
* AAC->AC3
* Select proper bitrate for Non-HD and HD audio conversions (max 640).

Dean

Few fixes in 558: Wrong title count (set to 1) in some SDHC modes, all mpls/clpi/bdmv files are processed to ensure compliance to output mode.
In 558+: Warning pop-up if creating output for FAT32 USB/SD/SDHC/MS media with 4GiB file-size limitation, but split point in Muxer tab is greater than 4000MiB.

post #40 of 50 Old 05-01-2009, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner888 View Post

AVCHD playback apparently does not work on Panasonic if book-type is set to DVD-ROM. See dcassidy's post:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=625

I can confirm that's not the case. I compared the book type of AVS HD disc and it is DVD-ROM.

Anyway, I used MultiAVCHD yesterday to build an AVCHD DVD-R folder and use ImgBurn to burn the disc. It works perfectly on my BD60. I've tried several different ways to do it before and all failed. This time, I removed one clip from the collection and it worked out. So, it maybe that one specific clip is corrupted. Or might be multiAVCHD generates more compatible folder layout.
post #41 of 50 Old 05-04-2009, 07:03 AM

This topic causes my blood pressure to go up. I bought a Panasonic BD30 for use with my Panasonic HDC-SD9 AVCHD camcorder. The BD30 plays AVCHD video I took on the camcorder perfectly when using the SD card. Playing the same native AVCHD file structure on a burned DVD is another matter. I have tried countless settings, DVD brands, firmware levels and authoring programs without success. The BD30 manual (page 4) says AVCHD is supported on DVD-R but I can't for the life of me get it to work. I always get the "disc unsupported" error.

I have see some posts where people say they have gotten their Panasonic to play native AVCHD on DVD but I'm still skeptical.

-John
post #42 of 50 Old 05-04-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgkurz View Post

This topic causes my blood pressure to go up. I bought a Panasonic BD30 for use with my Panasonic HDC-SD9 AVCHD camcorder. The BD30 plays AVCHD video I took on the camcorder perfectly when using the SD card. Playing the same native AVCHD file structure on a burned DVD is another matter. I have tried countless settings, DVD brands, firmware levels and authoring programs without success. The BD30 manual (page 4) says AVCHD is supported on DVD-R but I can't for the life of me get it to work. I always get the "disc unsupported" error.

I have see some posts where people say they have gotten their Panasonic to play native AVCHD on DVD but I'm still skeptical.

The file structure is different, that's why it doesn't play. multiAVCHD is the utility you need to convert between camcorder SD card and DVD file structures while maintaining the original video quality.

http://elurauser.com/articles/avchd_to_bluray.jsp - explains the different file structures. (Google cache link, site seems to be down)
post #43 of 50 Old 05-04-2009, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

-John

I'm not sure about HDC-SD9 or BD30, but from the manual of the new HDC-TM300, Pansonic even offers a software that comes with the camcorder to help you burn video files from camera/SD card to the DVD+-R disc in AVCHD format. So, see if you can get a hold of that specific program. Remember, AVCHD on SD and AVCHD on DVD-+R are very different in directory structure layout. The maximum bitrates are also different (24mbps on SD vs 18mbps on DVD).
post #44 of 50 Old 05-04-2009, 04:44 PM

Thanks Foxbat121 and wymann for the replies. I sincerely appreciate the information. I will give MultiAVCHD a try and report back.

-John
post #45 of 50 Old 05-05-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymann View Post

The file structure is different, that's why it doesn't play. multiAVCHD is the utility you need to convert between camcorder SD card and DVD file structures while maintaining the original video quality.

http://elurauser.com/articles/avchd_to_bluray.jsp - explains the different file structures. (Google cache link, site seems to be down)

wymann. You nailed it. The file structure of AVCHD on SDHC is different from DVD. As soon as I used multiAVCHD to fix the file structure, the burned DVD worked perfectly on my BD30. Thank you SO much.

-John
post #46 of 50 Old 05-06-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:

wymann. You nailed it. The file structure of AVCHD on SDHC is different from DVD. As soon as I used multiAVCHD to fix the file structure, the burned DVD worked perfectly on my BD30. Thank you SO much.

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear you got it working.
post #47 of 50 Old 06-19-2009, 10:58 AM

Sent you a private message jgkurz.
post #48 of 50 Old 06-19-2009, 11:01 AM

Sent you a private message wymann.
post #49 of 50 Old 06-19-2009, 11:02 AM

oops, sorry
post #50 of 50 Old 06-28-2011, 02:48 PM

I have a large collection of full HD video files on my PC (extension .mts from a Canon HF M31 camcorder; I assume they are all MPEG4-AVC / H.264) that I would like to access over my LAN and play on-screen via a blu-ray player. I can have the player access them directly or use Windows Media Player's "Play to" feature (which I am currently doing with my Yamaha RX-V867 receiver for my WMA music files). I am using Windows 7 Professional / WMP 12. Has anyone had success doing this with a specific player and if so, could you please tell me the brand/model?

I'm trying to avoid the goat rope of buying a unit only to learn it won't work after I failed to discover some arcane warning in some forum about the unit not supporting a specific format, some firmware issue, etc., etc.

Thanks.
Reply Blu-ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page