Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 912 Old 09-17-2009, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 View Post

you've got thinner wire than teachsac's hdmi. this might be the problem. the signal is getting choked at the resolution that takes the highest bandwidth - 1080p 60hz.

Fixed!! Ends up the Zuum HDMI going to my DirecTV box (which is 15m) was a 24 awg ... all I did was swap the two cables and BAM .. no sparkles!!! SDVD is upconverted to 1080p and the picture is awesome! BD is 1080p24. Connected the Zuum 26 awg to DirecTV box and no issues there. Thank you to everyone for all of their help!!!

Another question ... I have no sub .. My 2 fronts are B & W 803D's .. center is a B & W Nautilus HTM1 ... and 2 rears are B & W 600 series bookshelves..

Should I set the speaker config to Fronts=Large Center=small and Rears=small

or Fronts=Large Center=Large Rears=small??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 912 Old 09-17-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttersky View Post

Fixed!! Ends up the Zuum HDMI going to my DirecTV box (which is 15m) was a 24 awg ... all I did was swap the two cables and BAM .. no sparkles!!! SDVD is upconverted to 1080p and the picture is awesome! BD is 1080p24. Connected the Zuum 26 awg to DirecTV box and no issues there. Thank you to everyone for all of their help!!!

Another question ... I have no sub .. My 2 fronts are B & W 803D's .. center is a B & W Nautilus HTM1 ... and 2 rears are B & W 600 series bookshelves..

Wow, wish I had that kind of speakers in my setup. I bet they sound ubercool with the 2010..

You should set the fronts to large if you want it to play the subwoofer track...
post #453 of 912 Old 09-17-2009, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

definitely set your fronts to large or your will have no bass
post #454 of 912 Old 09-17-2009, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

and great to hear problem solved. willing to bet the other poster with sparkles will be able to eliminate the problem with a lower awg cable.

the cable box does neet the bandwidth. i most cases it will be sending only 720p or 1080i
post #455 of 912 Old 09-17-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIDexII View Post

Wow, wish I had that kind of speakers in my setup. I bet they sound ubercool with the 2010..

You should set the fronts to large if you want it to play the subwoofer track...

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 View Post

definitely set your fronts to large or your will have no bass

Thanks!! Ya big difference with the 2010...
post #456 of 912 Old 09-18-2009, 03:58 AM

I am testing new Denon DBP-2010 (european version) blu-ray player and I am little disappointed with it. I notice problems with some BD discs - on more complexes moving details or on some over lighting parts of the picture it shakes. The same problems are with some type of subtitles. I tested it with two TV sets Pioneer PDP-LX5090 and Panasonic TH-50PZ800.
The problem stays after new FW upgrade. I testet on another 2010 player and its the same problem. I think that this is 24P issue. Anyone notice this too? What about USA version?
post #457 of 912 Old 09-18-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primus_slo View Post

I am testing new Denon DBP-2010 (european version) blu-ray player and I am little disappointed with it. I notice problems with some BD discs - on more complexes moving details or on some over lighting parts of the picture it shakes. The same problems are with some type of subtitles. I tested it with two TV sets Pioneer PDP-LX5090 and Panasonic TH-50PZ800.
The problem stays after new FW upgrade. I testet on another 2010 player and its the same problem. I think that this is 24P issue. Anyone notice this too? What about USA version?

Check your settings...

I also have the Euro version.. remember I had some of the same issues at first, but that was just related to wrong settings...
post #458 of 912 Old 09-18-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:

Check your settings...

I also have the Euro version.. remember I had some of the same issues at first, but that was just related to wrong settings...

Tell me more please...thnx
post #459 of 912 Old 09-18-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:

Check your settings...

This issue is gone when I select PANEL (factory MAX) in VIDEO menu, HDMI Auto Format. What is this option for?
post #460 of 912 Old 09-18-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:

This issue is gone when I select PANEL (factory MAX) in VIDEO menu, HDMI Auto Format. What is this option for?

The same for me... but just on dvds..
I have Panasonic plasma PX80.

-Its an adjustment to fit the picture for your screen and resolution at the best possible way..

Also remember to have Progressive auto on when you watch progressive resolution...
post #461 of 912 Old 09-18-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:

HDMI auto.. is a function that force your hdmi into either max possible resolution or fitting tv-panel/screens natural resolution..

I like to choose my resolution from time to time...
For example... some dvds work best for me in 720P other again with superb pq works best in Source direct...

Some other dvds in 1080P etc...
post #462 of 912 Old 09-20-2009, 07:51 AM

What have you opted in the DRC setting? Auto or off?
post #463 of 912 Old 09-20-2009, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What have you opted in the DRC setting? Auto or off?

unless the bdp is connected to a tv with poor speakers, leave it off.
post #464 of 912 Old 09-21-2009, 10:56 AM

Have anyone tested if the newest update gives regionfree DVD?
post #465 of 912 Old 09-21-2009, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Newest update as of when?
post #466 of 912 Old 09-21-2009, 12:20 PM

I dont know..
I updated last week..

I just wondered if anyone had tested with regionfree dvd-disc/movie....
post #467 of 912 Old 09-23-2009, 11:39 AM

Ok, region free for DVD is out, but the player have to get the firmware from the Denon-supplier...
post #468 of 912 Old 09-24-2009, 07:23 AM

Looks like Keeping it region free for DVD will be a pain as well.

The service manager told me that it will default the multi-region settings and hence you need to make the multi-region again.

Back to the dark ages we go? Thanks Denon.
post #469 of 912 Old 09-26-2009, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert George View Post

Looks like Keeping it region free for DVD will be a pain as well.

The service manager told me that it will default the multi-region settings and hence you need to make the multi-region again.

Back to the dark ages we go? Thanks Denon.

Well, that depends on how many firmwares they release?

Shame they wont let us update to regionfree by ourselfes... I bet its really easy to do..

Just got to visit a Denon site and have the password I guess....
post #470 of 912 Old 09-26-2009, 09:44 AM

Winston are you running picture via HDMI directly to your screen and sound multi-analogue to your receiver?

How does this work with lipsync settings?

I am thinking about doing something similar to get the purest possible sound and picture...
post #471 of 912 Old 09-26-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:

Well, that depends on how many firmwares they release?

Shame they wont let us update to regionfree by ourselfes... I bet its really easy to do..

Just got to visit a Denon site and have the password I guess....

I wish Denon would look at doing this? We could register with them and use you players serial number to allow the update that way they could keep track of who is using the latest firmware.

Having to continuously take the player to them is silly look at Oppo,Sony, Panasonic ect there players all stay region free after updates.

I like this player at the moment but as soon as I am forced to update firmware because a disc will not play I will then lose region free DVD so I have 2 choices?

1: Do not update so I can keep the region free but not play some Blu-Rays

2: Update and lose region free And be forced to disconnect the player pack it up and take it to a dealer.

So although I love this player I think I have made the wrong choice I should have paid a bit more and picked up the Oppo.
post #472 of 912 Old 09-26-2009, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Winston are you running picture via HDMI directly to your screen and sound multi-analogue to your receiver?

How does this work with lipsync settings?

I am thinking about doing something similar to get the purest possible sound and picture...

I was running the 2010 via analogues to my 906. I recently got an Onkyo TX NR1007 and am now using an HDMI conection in order to take advantage of Audessey DSX wide.
post #473 of 912 Old 09-27-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert George View Post

I wish Denon would look at doing this? We could register with them and use you players serial number to allow the update that way they could keep track of who is using the latest firmware.

Having to continuously take the player to them is silly look at Oppo,Sony, Panasonic ect there players all stay region free after updates.

I like this player at the moment but as soon as I am forced to update firmware because a disc will not play I will then lose region free DVD so I have 2 choices?

1: Do not update so I can keep the region free but not play some Blu-Rays

2: Update and lose region free And be forced to disconnect the player pack it up and take it to a dealer.

So although I love this player I think I have made the wrong choice I should have paid a bit more and picked up the Oppo.

I belive Oppo owners without CI has the same problem after fw update, or if it was BD regionfree I dont know...
post #474 of 912 Old 09-28-2009, 05:14 AM

Denon2010 is sold out from all stores around here.

Nothing new in stock until next year...
post #475 of 912 Old 09-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I've decided to go with this player over the Oppo for a couple of reasons. One, I don't own any SACD's, actually I don't own any CD's at the moment. Two, the sound quality everyone is raving about has me hooked.

Now if I can only find this player for under $500 I will buy it, that is the only thing holding me back right now.

Panasonic TC-P58S2, Onkyo TX-NR1007, Onkyo DV-SP1000, Onkyo DV-HD805, Onkyo BD-SP807, Onkyo DX-V801, Onkyo UP-A1, Onkyo TA-RW411, Onkyo EQ-201, Yamaha Speakers NS700/750 Series, Blue Jean Cables
post #476 of 912 Old 09-28-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:

I believe Oppo owners without CI has the same problem after fw update, or if it was BD region free I dont know...

I am very happy with the player,Especially analog out.

I guess after having the region free Sony 550 this is hard to take.

Mine will be region free for DVD buy the weekend.
post #477 of 912 Old 09-29-2009, 01:54 AM

Hello,
(sorry I 'm late to answer: it took me some time to change to a good HDMI cable).
I finally got a certified 1.3c HDMI cable which is 24AWG, and 10m long as well,
I can say my problem is over now by using this new cable (in short, i had sparkles when playing DVD on this player). I presume my old cable was not able to handle correctly the larger bandwidth.
Still, PQ on SD material is behind by far compared to the output of the TOSH HD-XE1. I will try changing some setup on the DENON though (i already put NR to +3, color to +3, HDMI mode to PANEL, HDMI output to YCbCr),

BTW, concerning xvYCC color: the DENON is xvYCC color compatible (ie it can output 48bit coded color data), my projector (PANA PT-AE2000) is also xvYCC color compatible, but i noticed the DENON 's sets this item to auto but disables it in the setup, and in the projector menu this option is disabled without any status. Question: how can anyone know if this option is turned on, and when; does it depend on the disc at play, etc...

thanks in advance.
post #478 of 912 Old 09-29-2009, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulio2005 View Post

Hello,
(sorry I 'm late to answer: it took me some time to change to a good HDMI cable).
I can say my problem is over now by using this new cable (in short, i had sparkles when playing DVD on this player). I presume my old cable was not able to handle correctly the larger bandwidth.
Still, PQ on SD material is behind by far compared to the output of the TOSH HD-XE1. I will try changing some setup on the DENON though (i already put NR to +3, color to +3, HDMI mode to PANEL, HDMI output to YCbCr),

BTW, concerning xvYCC color: the DENON is xvYCC color compatible (ie it can output 48bit coded color data), my projector (PANA PT-AE2000) is also xvYCC color compatible, but i noticed the DENON 's sets this item to auto but disables it in the setup, and in the projector menu this option is disabled without any status. Question: how can anyone know if this option is turned on, and when; does it depend on the disc at play, etc...

thanks in advance.

You should try RBG and let the screen or proj. do the rest of the colour converting, thats my advice.
You should also leave colour settings at 0.

NR3
Contrast-2
Sharpness+2

Gamma 2 - optional

These are my settings for dvd. They work perfect on my plasma.

In my opinion the contrast should be decreased with 2points when watching dvds..

I watched Kubricks 2001 yesterday, the picture was pretty near perfect. I experienced near 3D effect in the scene with the neandertals and the animals and also elswhere.

Also the other dvds in my collection have been very good, and the picture had better details than on my Denon1940.

I had two dvds that wouldnt play well as they showed some noise in pic, one was "house of the flying daggers" and the other was Asian Visions "Fulltime killer".

If your projector doesnt like this scaler, then why not try source direct to 1080p?

Check your settings, and let us hear how it goes..
post #479 of 912 Old 09-29-2009, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulio2005 View Post

Hello,

thanks in advance.

Glad the higherbandwidth cable solved your sparkles issue. It's a bit strange to think that the upconverted 1080p 60hz dvd image requires more bandwidth than a bd image at 1080p 24fps, but it does.

As for the comparison to the Toshiba HD-XE1 (XA-2 Stateside), I own the Onkyo clone the DV-HD805. It is a great upconverter with the Reon chip and ability to force 24fps (which I do not use because of lipsynch issues and stange motion effects on some transfers).

In my synthetic tests, the DV HD805 and Denon DBP-2010 perform very similarly, though the Denon has greater tweaking capabilities. The Reon chip tends to bring up detail full stop; I find the abt chip does a better job of establishing depth in an image by favoring detail for more prominent objects. This is damn subjective stuff of course.

You do not need to change color sections (leave at 0; it does not clip blacks or whites) and set your denon to auto or 1080p 24fps if it allows you to. In fact, try dialing down the brightness - that migth give you the artificial contrast pop you're looking for.

As for colorspace, I would leave it at auto. the denon has a 12 bit chip, maxing out at 36 bit, which i believe is the current ceiling for nearly all displays. once again, no source material is at 12 bit xv color.
post #480 of 912 Old 09-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member

do the Denon Bluray players really not do 4:2:2?

I was looking at possibly going back to the Denon 2500 or this 2010 but that doesnt appear to be an option

-
If you havent listened to it yet can you really say its not better?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Denon Dvd 3800bdci Blu Ray Disc Dvd Cd Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page