Official: Denon DBP-2010CI Blu-ray Player - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 912 Old 07-02-2009, 06:45 AM
sa
Senior Member
 
sa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 240
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJaret View Post

I will give the player a more comprehensive workout over the next few days and report back.

Could you check some layer-change times for DVD's?

Thanks.
sa is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 912 Old 07-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator
 
teachsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 4,258
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Finally got to mess with it a little this morning after returning. Everything was a piece of cake to set up.

Here's my quandry with upscaling DVD's. When selecting 1080p/24 with the resolution button (which is on the front of the unit not on the remote.... stupid), my projector reports receiving 1080p/60. BD is fine displays 1080p/24. So, does it really scale to 1080p/24?

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
teachsac is offline  
post #63 of 912 Old 07-02-2009, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
winston9332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
couple quick questions:

can it force 24fps on sd dvds?
if you press eject when turned off, how long does it take for the drive to open?
does it have a zoom feature? will it work on bds?
winston9332 is offline  
post #64 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator
 
teachsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 4,258
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 View Post

couple quick questions:

can it force 24fps on sd dvds?
if you press eject when turned off, how long does it take for the drive to open?
does it have a zoom feature? will it work on bds?

1. It is supposed to scale SDDVD's to 1080p/24; however, as I said in my previous post my projector says it is receiving 60. I'm going to call Denon.

2. 15 seconds from power button to tray all the way open. Not nearly as fast as the 3600 which is immediate.

3. There is a zoom button on the remote; however, I have yet to try it.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
teachsac is offline  
post #65 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 07:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
winston9332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

1. It is supposed to scale SDDVD's to 1080p/24; however, as I said in my previous post my projector says it is receiving 60. I'm going to call Denon.

2. 15 seconds from power button to tray all the way open. Not nearly as fast as the 3600 which is immediate.

3. There is a zoom button on the remote; however, I have yet to try it.

S~

Thanks S. Quantitatively, it sounds very similar to the 1800. If you have a chance to compare some load times (click on my signature to see the BD titles I used), I think it will help us potential buyers get a feel for its speed. The 15 second eject time sounds nearly indentical to 1800 (1800 is actually 14 seconds).

Zoom on the 1800 only works on dvds and has three settings. It's been my impression it does distory the image to some degree.

Thanks for your input!
winston9332 is offline  
post #66 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
EWL5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric turd View Post

The ABT2010 is also found in the high end denon DVD-A1UDCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpaul View Post

ABT is for Analog out only..(On the A1)

This incorrect info is still being propogated by a typo on the German Denon website for the A1. I can assure you that ABT cannot be found in the player as it was never mentioned in the press release and no ABT logo can be found anywhere. The A1 only has the Silicon Optix Realta, just like the 3800.

Pioneer broke my heart.
Denon broke my wallet.
Oppo broke my thinking.
EWL5 is offline  
post #67 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 08:37 AM
 
juda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn001d View Post

Any first hand [IMG]http://www.****************/img/i/P.jpg[/IMG]user experience ? Screen Shots ?[IMG]http://***************/9/P/i.jpg[/IMG]

Thats what I am looking for too..would be nice to hear some experiences/ see some pics
juda is offline  
post #68 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
winston9332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWL5 View Post

This incorrect info is still being propogated by a typo on the German Denon website for the A1. I can assure you that ABT cannot be found in the player as it was never mentioned in the press release and no ABT logo can be found anywhere. The A1 only has the Silicon Optix Realta, just like the 3800.

Per the crutchfield website, the 2010 has the "Anchor Bay ABT1030 upscaler for superior DVD video upconversion"
winston9332 is offline  
post #69 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Newbie
 
tribal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: madrid
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
you are right ,i like players that are built like a tank "like my 3930" and i think i ll go for the 2500 but i dont want to spend my money on a player that can maybe not play some of my blu rays ,thats the reason why i am considering the 2010ci i dont think it will a big difference between the anchorbay and terranex chip.i have an onkyo tx-sr805 that can decode all the hd formats so i hope the price of the 2500 will drop here in spain it still costs 900 euros
thank you very much JOHN BARLOW for your replay i thought no one will answer my questions
tribal is offline  
post #70 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
EWL5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 View Post

Per the crutchfield website, the 2010 has the "Anchor Bay ABT1030 upscaler for superior DVD video upconversion"

If you reread my post, I was responding to quotes that the $4500 A1UDCI universal player has the ABT chip in addition to HQV Realta. I was correcting electric turd and darthpaul that this is simply not true.

Getting back on topic, it is a crying shame that the 2010 player doesn't have the same chip as the Oppo player. How can you name your BD player the 2010 model and yet not have the ABT 2010 chip (it would have been very fitting indeed)?!! I'm sure many would have loved to do a side by side comparison. Any idea if the ABT 2010/1030 parallels HQV's Realta/Reon (ie. reference quality/mass market chip)?

Pioneer broke my heart.
Denon broke my wallet.
Oppo broke my thinking.
EWL5 is offline  
post #71 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Member
 
JJaret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After a couple of days here is some more information and thoughts.

Standard DVD Playback
Picture quality is excellent. As compared to my Denon DVD-2930 w/its Reon processor, black levels and color are richer. Definitely a step above what I always felt was a washed out look of standard DVDs on a 1080p panel. Sharpness and clarity of picture are the same or better.

Start & Load Times
DBP-2010CI/Panasonic DMP-BD55
Power-on tray eject 18 sec/20 sec
DVD Loading 19 sec/22 sec
BR w/o Java 36 sec/24 sec
BR w/Java 65 sec/65 sec
BR w/BD Live 90 sec/90 sec (w/SD card installed, w/o SD card times the same as BR w/Java disc)

1080p/24 for DVDs
I have played with all the video settings. 1080p/24 appears to only work for Blu-ray 1080p/24 discs. My panel (Pioneer Kuro PDP-5010FD) won't inidicate 1080p/24 on the screen, but the player and my AVR (Denon AVR-3808CI)indicate only 1080p output on standard DVDs, while they show 1080p/24 for Blu-rays.

DVD Layer Change
I was somewhat shocked when someone asked about this. With my DVD-2930 I never even noticed layer change delays. However, DVD layer change delays evidently are back with Blu-ray players. The player indicates layer and bit rate information on one of its DVD display modes, so I was able to find the layer changes to comment. There is a fraction of a second delay on layer changes, I would say less than a half of a second. I did check the delay on my Panasonic player and the DBP-2010 performed better.

Zoom Feature
Only works for DVD, DIVX or Picture Viewing, not on Blu-ray

Picture Adjustments
I was incorrect in my initial observation, the player has picture adjustments with 5 memory settings. The adjustments are for contrast, brightness, sharpness, black level, gamma correction and color.

HQV Benchmark Tests
I ran both the DVD and HD discs and as far as I can see the player passed all the tests.

I hope this covers most of the questions asked. I guess it is now time to watch some Blu-rays.
JJaret is offline  
post #72 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
EWL5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJaret View Post

After a couple of days here is some more information and thoughts.

Standard DVD Playback
Picture quality is excellent. As compared to my Denon DVD-2930 w/its Reon processor, black levels and color are richer. Definitely a step above what I always felt was a washed out look of standard DVDs on a 1080p panel. Sharpness and clarity of picture are the same or better.

Start & Load Times
DBP-2010CI/Panasonic DMP-BD55
Power-on tray eject 18 sec/20 sec
DVD Loading 19 sec/22 sec
BR w/o Java 36 sec/24 sec
BR w/Java 65 sec/65 sec
BR w/BD Live 90 sec/90 sec (w/SD card installed, w/o SD card times the same as BR w/Java disc)

1080p/24 for DVDs
I have played with all the video settings. 1080p/24 appears to only work for Blu-ray 1080p/24 discs. My panel (Pioneer Kuro PDP-5010FD) won't inidicate 1080p/24 on the screen, but the player and my AVR (Denon AVR-3808CI)indicate only 1080p output on standard DVDs, while they show 1080p/24 for Blu-rays.

DVD Layer Change
I was somewhat shocked when someone asked about this. With my DVD-2930 I never even noticed layer change delays. However, DVD layer change delays evidently are back with Blu-ray players. The player indicates layer and bit rate information on one of its DVD display modes, so I was able to find the layer changes to comment. There is a fraction of a second delay on layer changes, I would say less than a half of a second. I did check the delay on my Panasonic player and the DBP-2010 performed better.

Zoom Feature
Only works for DVD, DIVX or Picture Viewing, not on Blu-ray

Picture Adjustments
I was incorrect in my initial observation, the player has picture adjustments with 5 memory settings. The adjustments are for contrast, brightness, sharpness, black level, gamma correction and color.

HQV Benchmark Tests
I ran both the DVD and HD discs and as far as I can see the player passed all the tests.

I hope this covers most of the questions asked. I guess it is now time to watch some Blu-rays.

Do you have the Spears and Munsil disc for benchmarking? We may be able to find better separation b/w ABT 1030 and 2010 from that disc.

Pioneer broke my heart.
Denon broke my wallet.
Oppo broke my thinking.
EWL5 is offline  
post #73 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
john barlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lansing Michigan
Posts: 995
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribal View Post

you are right ,i like players that are built like a tank "like my 3930" and i think i ll go for the 2500 but i dont want to spend my money on a player that can maybe not play some of my blu rays ,thats the reason why i am considering the 2010ci i dont think it will a big difference between the anchorbay and terranex chip.i have an onkyo tx-sr805 that can decode all the hd formats so i hope the price of the 2500 will drop here in spain it still costs 900 euros
thank you very much JOHN BARLOW for your replay i thought no one will answer my questions

You are very welcome sir. I can say this about the 2500. Anytime there have been discs that wouldn't play, and there really haven't been that many. Maybe half a dozen give or take, Denon always has a firmware update for the 2500 to correct the issue.

I heard a rumor that Denon is going to release a new 4010 player built more like the 2500 with SACD capability and Denonlink 4
john barlow is offline  
post #74 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Member
 
JJaret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWL5 View Post

Do you have the Spears and Munsil disc for benchmarking? We may be able to find better separation b/w ABT 1030 and 2010 from that disc.

Unfortunately no.
JJaret is offline  
post #75 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
EWL5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by john barlow View Post


I heard a rumor that Denon is going to release a new 4010 player built more like the 2500 with SACD capability and Denonlink 4

I don't think anyone considers it a rumor anymore as reports all point to an Oct release for the 4010. While great news for audiophiles (it will do DVD-A in addition to SACD so it's a true universal player), videophiles are no doubt disappointed by the lack of a named post processor.

Pioneer broke my heart.
Denon broke my wallet.
Oppo broke my thinking.
EWL5 is offline  
post #76 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
winston9332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJaret View Post

After a couple of days here is some more information and thoughts.

Standard DVD Playback
Picture quality is excellent. As compared to my Denon DVD-2930 w/its Reon processor, black levels and color are richer. Definitely a step above what I always felt was a washed out look of standard DVDs on a 1080p panel. Sharpness and clarity of picture are the same or better.

Start & Load Times
DBP-2010CI/Panasonic DMP-BD55
Power-on tray eject 18 sec/20 sec
DVD Loading 19 sec/22 sec
BR w/o Java 36 sec/24 sec
BR w/Java 65 sec/65 sec
BR w/BD Live 90 sec/90 sec (w/SD card installed, w/o SD card times the same as BR w/Java disc)

1080p/24 for DVDs
I have played with all the video settings. 1080p/24 appears to only work for Blu-ray 1080p/24 discs. My panel (Pioneer Kuro PDP-5010FD) won't inidicate 1080p/24 on the screen, but the player and my AVR (Denon AVR-3808CI)indicate only 1080p output on standard DVDs, while they show 1080p/24 for Blu-rays.

DVD Layer Change
I was somewhat shocked when someone asked about this. With my DVD-2930 I never even noticed layer change delays. However, DVD layer change delays evidently are back with Blu-ray players. The player indicates layer and bit rate information on one of its DVD display modes, so I was able to find the layer changes to comment. There is a fraction of a second delay on layer changes, I would say less than a half of a second. I did check the delay on my Panasonic player and the DBP-2010 performed better.

Zoom Feature
Only works for DVD, DIVX or Picture Viewing, not on Blu-ray

Picture Adjustments
I was incorrect in my initial observation, the player has picture adjustments with 5 memory settings. The adjustments are for contrast, brightness, sharpness, black level, gamma correction and color.

HQV Benchmark Tests
I ran both the DVD and HD discs and as far as I can see the player passed all the tests.

I hope this covers most of the questions asked. I guess it is now time to watch some Blu-rays.

Great information. Thanks for your efforts
winston9332 is offline  
post #77 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator
 
teachsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 4,258
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWL5 View Post

I don't think anyone considers it a rumor anymore as reports all point to an Oct release for the 4010. While great news for audiophiles (it will do DVD-A in addition to SACD so it's a true universal player), videophiles are no doubt disappointed by the lack of a named post processor.

It will be using the ABT 2010, but this really isn't the place to discuss it.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
teachsac is offline  
post #78 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
EWL5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,160
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

It will be using the ABT 2010, but this really isn't the place to discuss it.

S~

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up!

Pioneer broke my heart.
Denon broke my wallet.
Oppo broke my thinking.
EWL5 is offline  
post #79 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
tn001d's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The only players that could actually output 1080/24 for sd-dvd was the toshiba HD-DVD players. I know because i own two. From what i remember it was a fluke in the implementation of the chip. While it made DVD's look phenomenal, in this day and age dvd is falling out of favor for Bluray.

This player sounds like a winner.

Denon DVD-3800BDCI, Sony BDP-S550, Sony BDP-S1000ES
Toshiba HD-XA2, Toshiba HD-A35
tn001d is offline  
post #80 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator
 
teachsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 4,258
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn001d View Post

The only players that could actually output 1080/24 for sd-dvd was the toshiba HD-DVD players. I know because i own two. From what i remember it was a fluke in the implementation of the chip. While it made DVD's look phenomenal, in this day and age dvd is falling out of favor for Bluray.

This player sounds like a winner.

Not quite true. The Panasonic 35/55/60/80, Oppo all scale SDDVD to 1080p/24. Toshiba just implemented it poorly. I had a few, also. I will still be talking to Denon next week since it was supposed to deliver 1080p/24 with SDDVD and neither jjarret nor I can get it correctly.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
teachsac is offline  
post #81 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
winston9332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

Not quite true. The Panasonic 35/55/60/80, Oppo all scale SDDVD to 1080p/24. Toshiba just implemented it poorly. I had a few, also. I will still be talking to Denon next week since it was supposed to deliver 1080p/24 with SDDVD and neither jjarret nor I can get it correctly.

S~

so can the $60 TOshiba xde upconverter
winston9332 is offline  
post #82 of 912 Old 07-03-2009, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JJHXBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sandpoint, ID & Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 1,106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Nice preliminary review, but would really like to know more about it's blu-ray capabilities, mainly in regards to PQ & AQ.
Have you used the analog connections on this player at all?
How is the blu-ray PQ compared to some of the other blu-ray players you have used?
JJHXBR is offline  
post #83 of 912 Old 07-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Member
 
JJaret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Blu-ray Picture
Blu-ray playback is excellent. I can't say it performs any better or worse than my Panasonic DMP-BD55. Both players do an excellent job with Blu-ray discs.

Blu-ray Audio
I'm sorry but I use HDMI for my audio. My receiver is HDMI 1.3 and is capable to decoding all of the new codecs. I don't have enough spare audio cables to do any analog audio testing. As I said previously, the player appears to decode Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA and output over LPCM. My receiver indicates 8 channels received on 7.1 discs.
JJaret is offline  
post #84 of 912 Old 07-05-2009, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JJHXBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sandpoint, ID & Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 1,106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJaret View Post

Blu-ray Picture
Blu-ray playback is excellent. I can't say it performs any better or worse than my Panasonic DMP-BD55. Both players do an excellent job with Blu-ray discs.

Blu-ray Audio
I'm sorry but I use HDMI for my audio. My receiver is HDMI 1.3 and is capable to decoding all of the new codecs. I don't have enough spare audio cables to do any analog audio testing. As I said previously, the player appears to decode Dolby TrueHD and DTS-MA and output over LPCM. My receiver indicates 8 channels received on 7.1 discs.

Thanks JJaret for your reply.
I'm not surprised by the PQ results of the Denon compared to your Panny 55.
My Panny BD80 also has great PQ with blu-ray as well.
I am most interested to hear some feedback on the 7.1 analog performance of the Denon 2010.
The 7.1 analog section of the Denon is one of the reasons why I'm interested in the 2010.
I would seriously hope that Denon will produce better sound quality than my Panasonic's analog section.
So far I have been extremely happy with the sound quality of all my Denon components (AVR5803 - 3930CI - 2930CI )
JJHXBR is offline  
post #85 of 912 Old 07-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Member
 
jappleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What is a dvd layer change. I just watched a standerd dvd on the denon 2010 and i got some flicker on the screen. I had none when i watched a BD. I also just watched inkhart on BD was to be in DTS 5.1 HD it show up on my denon 5308 avr as doby.
jappleboy is offline  
post #86 of 912 Old 07-06-2009, 07:47 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 View Post

great information. Thanks for your efforts

+1

_________________________

Frank

Franin is online now  
post #87 of 912 Old 07-06-2009, 09:09 AM
Member
 
jappleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok the layer change was on some standard dvd. But over all the standard dvd looked clean and sharp very little grain and great quality. The load time were alot better than my 2500ci transport player. This player is alot smaller than the other Denon players. It is not the tank that i am use to. It is now like the other blu-ray players out there. I think Denon needs to computerize on build. I would of payed more for better build quality. Something like the 3800ci but with link 4 and Ethernet ports. Overall this is a good player not great standard and blu-ray PQ is on. Sound well i let my avr do the talking with HDMI cables. Build Denon let me down on build. Looks great with my 5308ci avr.
jappleboy is offline  
post #88 of 912 Old 07-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Member
 
JJaret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Beverly Hills, CA
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jappleboy View Post

What is a dvd layer change. I just watched a standerd dvd on the denon 2010 and i got some flicker on the screen. I had none when i watched a BD. I also just watched inkhart on BD was to be in DTS 5.1 HD it show up on my denon 5308 avr as doby.

When the player switches layers on a multi-layer DVD, there is a momentary pause.

Make sure your audio settings on the player are as follows:

BD Audio Mode = HD Audio Output
HDMI Audio Out = HDMI Multi(Normal)

This will ensure bitstream to your AVR-5308
JJaret is offline  
post #89 of 912 Old 07-06-2009, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
winston9332's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jappleboy View Post

Ok the layer change was on some standard dvd. But over all the standard dvd looked clean and sharp very little grain and great quality. The load time were alot better than my 2500ci transport player. This player is alot smaller than the other Denon players. It is not the tank that i am use to. It is now like the other blu-ray players out there. I think Denon needs to computerize on build. I would of payed more for better build quality. Something like the 3800ci but with link 4 and Ethernet ports. Overall this is a good player not great standard and blu-ray PQ is on. Sound well i let my avr do the talking with HDMI cables. Build Denon let me down on build. Looks great with my 5308ci avr.

how does bs and sd dvd compare to your 2500?
winston9332 is offline  
post #90 of 912 Old 07-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Member
 
jappleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
2010 BS is as good as the 2500. But i can see a big plus on the standard Dvd. The 2010 has alot less grain the color stands out cleaner better black, red. And the load times WOW FAST FAST FAST beat the 2500 by a long shot. The player is still $200 to high . But i think it looks better than the OPPO player. Looks great with my 5308
jappleboy is offline  
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Denon Dvd 3800bdci Blu Ray Disc Dvd Cd Player
Gear in this thread

    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page


    Forum Jump: 

    Posting Rules  
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off