Originally Posted by baron2
Thanks for responding. I have or have had 2 Pioneer's, bdp-05, bdp-23, the Oppo bdp-83 & bdp-103, and a Panasonic bd-605 ( same as the bd-60 ).
Is the PQ better on the s1000es than any of these above? Since the Sony is 5 years old Im probally sure it may lack a few AQ formats compared to
a new display.
my $.02 . . background . . a long time audio/video addict . . have a Sony BDP-S350, Sony BDP-S550, Sony BDP-S1000ES, Panasonic DMP-BD55
What I like about the Sony S1000ES (no particular order except when I think of them):
1. 5 year warranty (says something about Sony's confidence in the player)
2. reliable - no problems or glitches
3. solidly built - looks great
4. excellent video and audio performance - very high ratings from pro testers/reviewers
5. flexible connectors (lots of different audio & video connections available, unlike stripped newer players)
6. no cinavia drm corruption in the firmware
7. backlit remote
8. plays absolutely anything you throw at it . .
9. good DVD upconversion (I think my Toshiba HD-A35 HD-DVD player is better, but I hardly ever watch DVDs anymore anyway).
10. built-in wi-fi
What it doesn't do:
No 3D. No streaming off the internet. No video playback off the USB connection. You have to pop your own popcorn . .
I use it strictly for playing 2D blu-rays - and it has been absolutely superb!