Old 11-24-2014, 07:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
"X-Men: Days of Future Past": watched this the other evening in its entirety via my S1000es <> Yamaha RX-V3900. It played perfectly and it is a terrific title!
The more I read in the Oppo threads . . the more I appreciate my Sony BDP-S1000ES . .

A long-time audio/video addict!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2014, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but ever since Sony put that root kit on some discs and then when caught, lied about it, I have been reluctant to reward them with any of my money. Just my personal opinion.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEmoto View Post
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but ever since Sony put that root kit on some discs and then when caught, lied about it, I have been reluctant to reward them with any of my money. Just my personal opinion.
I also detest Sony's obsession with drm . . but I find their optical media ce equipment to be excellent.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Advanced Member

Watched "Expendables 3" last evening via my Sony BDP-S1000ES & Yamaha RX-V3900.
I chose the extended version and "Dolby Atmos" for audio bitstreaming over hdmi. The receiver lit up the Dolby TrueHD + 7.1 channels indicator lights and played perfectly. I assume this is how it is supposed to work since the receiver is not Dolby Atmos capable. The audio was terrific . . not a single audio dropout others seem to experience with some equipment.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 975 Post(s)
Liked: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
Watched "Expendables 3" last evening via my Sony BDP-S1000ES & Yamaha RX-V3900.
I chose the extended version and "Dolby Atmos" for audio bitstreaming over hdmi. The receiver lit up the Dolby TrueHD + 7.1 channels indicator lights and played perfectly. I assume this is how it is supposed to work since the receiver is not Dolby Atmos capable. The audio was terrific . . not a single audio dropout others seem to experience with some equipment.
Yup. Sony BD players have no problems with "Seamless Branching". (After all, Sony was responsible for most of the BD standard.) Some older stand-alone BD players from other companies lack that feature. Until recently it was missing from most computer media player software, too.

Selden

Marantz SR7009/7.1.4/FH+TM/DefTech PM1000/LCR+TM amped
Old 12-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
Yup. Sony BD players have no problems with "Seamless Branching". (After all, Sony was responsible for most of the BD standard.) Some older stand-alone BD players from other companies lack that feature. Until recently it was missing from most computer media player software, too.
It's fun to read Oppo threads in here:
. first the Oppo club wants to blame/sue Fox because Oppo had to fix their firmware to permit a longer minimum load time for newer BD+ nonsense
. now I'm reading they blame Dolby because some Oppo models can't deal with seamless branching on Dolby TrueHD or Atmos titles.

ALL my older Sony & Panasonic models handle both of those situations perfectly fine without even a firmware update.

Maybe they should direct their ire at Oppo?

How I surely do love my Sony S1000ES, S350, S550 & my Panny 55!!

Last edited by Rich86; 12-12-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Sony , Sony Bdps1000es Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Blu Ray Player 3d Black , Sony Bdp S560 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - S560 by PriceGrabber.com