New Sony ES Player BDP-S1000ES - Page 42 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

Old 02-12-2016, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SennheiserPass View Post
Sounds good, mostly. Looked up that movie on Amazon and I guess I'm a little disappointed that it couldn't play that movie considering that that Bluray is listed as all regions.

My headphones are 50 ohm Sennheiser 598s, if that helps guessing whether or not that 1/4 inch jack would pump enough juice for them. For what it's worth, these cans sound great un-amped using my laptops 3.5 mm jack.

Thanks. If anyone else has anything at all to add at all, I'd love to hear.
I'm sure it's not the players fault, regarding Leon. It played pulp fiction french release with no issues. Man I want those 598's. To much money.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2016, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Would anyone mind testing the 1/4 inch jack? My 598s are 50 ohms.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 60
My Sony BDP-S1000ES has been my primary player ever since I got it from Best Buy on closeout a number of years ago.
The player will not win any awards for booting up or loading blu-rays quickly when compared with newer models designed to fire up fast, but I have never found it to be an issue. The player has a wide variety of audio and video connection options and the video and audio quality is excellent. The player has been 100% reliable for me. I am a movie addict and this player has never failed to play anything I have thrown at it. This includes blu-rays with Dolby TrueHD/Atmos audio with complex seamless branching used. Some folks whine about it not getting frequent firmware updates anymore. Well, since it works perfectly fine & plays everything being released, it doesn't need constant firmware updates.
This player is also free of cinavia in all firmware versions.
The front 1/4" headphone jack output connection works fine.
I confess that I rarely use the headphone jacks on the player, but I HAVE used my Koss KTXPro1, Koss portaPro Classic & my Sony MDR-V6 headphones via this connection and they all work just fine driven directly off the player.
Be forewarned, however, that there is no volume control on the face of the player - the volume control for the headphone jack is on the remote control for this player, so be sure you get the correct remote (model #RMT-B106A).
Hope that helps.

A long-time audio/video addict!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Sony , Sony Bdp S560 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdps1000es Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Blu Ray Player 3d Black