post #151 of 153 Old 05-23-2012, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqdog View Post

Yes, to some anything older than 6 months is obsolete and a basic throw-away item or at the very least it becomes a hand-me-down for the children's room. Fear not Grasshopper........ your 95 is so well built and is at the top of it's niche that obsolesence is not a concern. Besides, when someone claims it's "old", they're probably refering to all the streaming services that are available today. Otherwise, for straight playing of shiny discs, not much has changed in the last few years.

I love my "old" 95! Heck, I just recently sold my "older than dirt" BDP 83SE for 600.00, just 200.00 less than I paid for it 2 1/2 years ago.

Yeah this things not going any where, as it has become a reference point and I hope for many years of service and I find the streaming just fine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 153 Old 05-23-2012, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post

Doesn't hurt to learn a little more about 7.1 analog before we buy one.

To me that's amusing; meaning that *all* of my many disc players have 5.1/7.1 RCA analog output.

I do have some limited experience with use of 5.1/7.1 audio via HDMI, so I'm not without some clue there.

FWIW my best 5.1/7.1 disc player deals (for audio) are the older Denon DVD-2930CI and DVD-5910CI units (list price of roughly $850 and $4k respectively); both bought on serious closeout deals during the DVD player dumping (new/unused cost at a mere 20-to-25% of list) that took place roughly 3 years ago.

Happy to say that both of the above universal Denon disc players are still going strong.

Quote:

I have been reading a bit on this highly acclaimed Panasonic DMP BDT500 or at least the reviewers say so.

Laughing!!

AFAIK no one has reviewed it so far, given that it has only just now show up for sale.

Quote:

Are you going to use the analog 7.1 for audio?

Yes. But only 5.1 audio; not 7.1 audio.

From what I've read, I don't think that there's all that much sonic difference between a 5.1 speaker setup and a 7.1 setup, but have no experience with actually having experienced it or with doing it.

Quote:

Please give us a review when you get a chance.

I'll have it hooked up by Friday night; so I might have something useful to say that's on topic to analog 5.1/7.1 audio out by Sunday at the earliest?

FWIW I'm a real user (AVS poster) as opposed to the "real" reviewers that do magazine and/or on-line reviews.

Each has their own set of pluses and minuses.

The best is the enemy of the good. Voltaire (1694-1778)

post #153 of 153 Old 05-23-2012, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherSongs View Post

To me that's amusing; meaning that *all* of my many disc players have 5.1/7.1 RCA analog output.

I do have some limited experience with use of 5.1/7.1 audio via HDMI, so I'm not without some clue there.

FWIW my best 5.1/7.1 disc player deals (for audio) are the older Denon DVD-2930CI and DVD-5910CI units (list price of roughly $850 and $4k respectively); both bought on serious closeout deals during the DVD player dumping (new/unused cost at a mere 20-to-25% of list) that took place roughly 3 years ago.

Happy to say that both of the above universal Denon disc players are still going strong.

Laughing!!

AFAIK no one has reviewed it so far, given that it has only just now show up for sale.

Yes. But only 5.1 audio; not 7.1 audio.

From what I've read, I don't think that there's all that much sonic difference between a 5.1 speaker setup and a 7.1 setup, but have no experience with actually having experienced it or with doing it.

I'll have it hooked up by Friday night; so I might have something useful to say that's on topic to analog 5.1/7.1 audio out by Sunday at the earliest?

FWIW I'm a real user (AVS poster) as opposed to the "real" reviewers that do magazine and/or on-line reviews.

Each has their own set of pluses and minuses.

I was referring to this review

http://www.trustedreviews.com/panaso...-Player_review

Sorry I brought it up to such a seasoned user.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic Dmp Bd55k Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp S5000es Blu Ray Disc Player , Marantz Bd8002 Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - S5000es by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page