Official Sony BD Mega-Changer Thread: BDP-CX7000ES & BDP-CX960 - Page 111 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3301 of 3317 Old 01-25-2014, 07:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOSHLives View Post

Posted my question last year and not one response from anyone. Needless to say a disappointed new member that will likewise move on as a result. Anyways, to add what I can to the "Invalid Disk" portion of this thread before I do....

What I did do (last year), after my post, was I went ahead and just filled out a Sony repair request online. I was uncertain of this since Sony is a large corp with an extensive product line and from the latest confirmed posts a year plus ago not clear if still worth a shot. Would have been nice to confirm a site url, process,  POC or phone number here since this issue is unclear if fixable/supported currently or if I need to do anything in particular to validate exact issue ,warranty or as just posted a need to place the unit in ship mode. I was also unsure if this unit was going to go to the right place or group. But I went ahead and shipped the unit out in (Ship mode), attached a letter requesting the replacement of the drive with the Part Number in my above post, detailed the "Invalid disk" issue and that it was a known issue, and mentioned the fact that the unit was in ship mode.

Once shipped and sent back, I never did receive any call or email response from Sony through out the whole process. I checked online for status, and it did finally change within 3 days saying it was being sent back. But needless to say that got me worried even more because it didn't necessarily state any other info such as being repaired. When I finally received the returned unit, it came with a "Statement of Work" showing all line items as N/C (No Charge), but still no detail if anything was performed or replaced.

Needless to say this looked like more of the same around here and I was worried. I didn't want to waste any more of my time guessing so I did use the phone number I finally received through the "Statement of Work" and called to verify what was done. After talking with a real live person on the phone(!), low and behold it was confirmed that they did replace the Bluray drive as I had instructed on my attached letter when I sent the unit out. Needless to say I was relieved and impressed that they followed instructions without a battle for justification. With the quick turn around I was able to enjoy my system during the Christmas holidays. I have install my repaired BDP-CX7000ES ever since without any issues including the "Invalid Disk " error. I have over 200 disks loaded consecutively and have been adding to it ever since. The only thing that seems to remain is for how long will these good times of a perfectly running BDP-CX7000ES last? Only the other folks whom I have not heard from on this site can verify any further insight. I 'm approaching 2 months so far, for anyone in a similar situation and wondering if a unit can be repaired.

This BDP-CX7000ES is quite the satisfied customer maker when up and running. An extreme disappointment to add to Sony's dwindling reputation if they do not plan to support or recap through a new product in the future.

My 2 cents, good luck...

Thanks for your post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3302 of 3317 Old 01-25-2014, 08:48 PM

Hi. Just curious, what was the cost of the repair?
post #3303 of 3317 Old 01-25-2014, 11:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmerk2010 View Post

Hi. Just curious, what was the cost of the repair?

You missed the part where he mentioned that there was no charge for his repair.
post #3304 of 3317 Old 01-26-2014, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Great to hear your unit is working again. Thanks for the update on the process!
post #3305 of 3317 Old 02-05-2014, 03:25 PM

Hello Everyone, I just encountered a problem with my cx960. Last night it worked fine. This morning I see the display of the dvd player reading " DIAG_MODE". I then jog the dial and it reads: PCONT_CHEC sel, KEY_CHECK sel, TEMP_CHECK sel, SIRCS_CHECK. sel, FLD_CHECK sel, ADJUST_MODE sel, CIS_CHECK sel, ADJUST_MODE sel. The only bottons work are the play, pause and stop. How do I get out of this? I have hardly used this player since I got it.😟
post #3306 of 3317 Old 02-06-2014, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz1 View Post

Hello Everyone, I just encountered a problem with my cx960. Last night it worked fine. This morning I see the display of the dvd player reading " DIAG_MODE". I then jog the dial and it reads: PCONT_CHEC sel, KEY_CHECK sel, TEMP_CHECK sel, SIRCS_CHECK. sel, FLD_CHECK sel, ADJUST_MODE sel, CIS_CHECK sel, ADJUST_MODE sel. The only bottons work are the play, pause and stop. How do I get out of this? I have hardly used this player since I got it.😟

Have you tried to disconnect the power, wait a minute, then reconnect to power?
post #3307 of 3317 Old 02-06-2014, 07:35 AM

post #3308 of 3317 Old 02-06-2014, 07:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Hold power button down for 20 secs, it should reboot back to normal mode.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Screening Room - The Dream House
RPCRT-TV Overscan Reduction
Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc

Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc

The Best of the Demo Discs Demo Disc

post #3309 of 3317 Old 02-06-2014, 03:49 PM

Still doesn't work. Held down the power for a minute.
post #3310 of 3317 Old 02-06-2014, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

That sucks. How long have you had the unit?
post #3311 of 3317 Old 02-07-2014, 03:58 AM

Bought it in 2010 and watched like 120 movies or so on it.
post #3312 of 3317 Old 02-07-2014, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Sounds like you have to contact Sony it appears.

When turning the player on, appears
on the screen, and “SYSTEM ERROR”
appears in the front panel display.
, Disconnect the power cord and wait for a
while, then re-connect the power cord. If the
condition persists, contact your nearest
Sony dealer or local authorized Sony
service facility.
post #3313 of 3317 Old 04-06-2014, 11:00 PM

Liked: 12
I just posted 2 - 7000ES's for sale with an Escient VS-100 controller in the classifieds:
7000ES - AVS Classifieds

The cheese fell off my cracker a long time ago...
post #3314 of 3317 Old 04-25-2014, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post

Sounds like you have to contact Sony it appears.

When turning the player on, appears
on the screen, and “SYSTEM ERROR”
appears in the front panel display.
, Disconnect the power cord and wait for a
while, then re-connect the power cord. If the
condition persists, contact your nearest
Sony dealer or local authorized Sony
service facility.
Don't know if this has been mentioned before (not gonna check 111 pages of this thread to check it out either) but here's what happened to my CX960 recently: had a FAN ERROR followed by an auto-shutdown. I went ahead and replaced the fan -- it was a $12 item -- but the FAN ERROR persisted. I was pretty certain that it was a stored fault that would not clear, because the time to display it varied depending on what combination of front panel buttons I pushed/held to force various power-up function sequences to execute before the thing could go check its stored-error table. But I could not find the lucky front-panel button combo that would clear the error table out. Then I had a chat with an online sony service tech who provided me with a copy of the service manual. I studied that and found that on the IMD(HF) board there's a momentary-contact switch named, curiously enough, 'Reset'. What you do is, punch the power-on switch, then while getting the PLEASE WAIT display, punch this reset switch (S1001). This will clear the error table. It saved my BDP-CX960 a trip to the Sony service center; perhaps it might do the same for yours. Remove the cover to access it.

Sony goes to great lengths to keep this switch a secret, apparently. The tech I talked with didn't mention it. He had me going down a path looking at a possible faulty thermistor, resistor, or PGA IC. All were good.
post #3315 of 3317 Old 06-17-2014, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This may already be answered but I couldn't find it. I have the BDP-CX960, does anyone know of a way to get a list of all the discs that are in there? Other than writing them down manually I mean.
post #3316 of 3317 Old 06-18-2014, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrocker View Post
This may already be answered but I couldn't find it. I have the BDP-CX960, does anyone know of a way to get a list of all the discs that are in there? Other than writing them down manually I mean.
You might try the Media Remote app or DLNA.
http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-...l?mdl=BDPCX960
post #3317 of 3317 Old 07-05-2014, 06:46 AM

Correct display of non 16:9 material?

I recently purchased a BDP-CX960 with FW .015 on it; I am disappointed to discover that when playing a BD-R with a1920x800 format track on it, the 960 will ALWAYS stretch it vertically to fill the screen.
I have a BDP-S580, and when 'TV Type' is set to 4:3 and 'Screen Format' is set to Fixed Aspect Ratio, it DOES correctly play it without stretching the image; I 'assumed' that if I used these SAME settings on the 960, that I would get proper results, but this is not the case.(thanks for the consistency, Sony!)
Has anyone encountered this? Has anyone found a way to achieve proper output? Was this issue perhaps addressed in a newer firmware?
ANY help would be much appreciated!
Thanks in advance.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Pioneer , Pioneer Dv F727 , Pioneer Elite , Sony , Sony Dvp Cx777es 400 Disc Dvd Cd Changer
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page