Official Sony BD Mega-Changer Thread: BDP-CX7000ES & BDP-CX960 - Page 112 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3331 of 3334 Old 11-09-2014, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by xraysrt6 View Post
Here is the site to order the part. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-PCS-OPTICA...-/360939314074

here is the manual https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail....l-repair-guide

hopefully this worked now.

paul
Paul,

Very helpful - THANK YOU!
The link to buy the laser pickup worked just fine (kem 430aa). Although my changer is still working fine; I am about to order this to keep the unit in service for the long haul.

I have downloaded the manual from a different site (smpcshop.com) for 10 bucks.

So in looking over the manual I see on page 14; the exploded view, with the location of the laser pickup. Looks like there might be quite a bit of dis-assembly to get to it?
Any special alignments or adjustments needed?

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my theater here
CuznEddy Cinema
Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3332 of 3334 Old 11-10-2014, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Actually disassembly is not as bad as it looks. I removed the outer cover then removed the back cover with fan. If you look at back panel the only screws you have to remove all have an arrow pointing at them. you also have to remove the rear plastic cover it is hiding a couple of screws under it. The top panel with all of the circuit boards is next. You will see the wire for the cooling fan coming up through a hole on the same side as the fan it is red and black follow it to the plug and unplug you can now swing the rear panel up out of the way. I did not remove any of the circuit boards I undid the screws to the top plate and unplugged the wires that keep you from lifting it up and sliding it forward out of the way. I would recommend taking some close up pics of the wires so you make sure to plug them in right. after you unscrew the cover over the laser assembly it will lift straight off there is a left and rt that come off together. Make sure to take a pic of laser assembly and how it is assembled on the slides. take off 4 little brackets that hold the slides down. The ribbon cable that attaches to the laser pic up has a little black piece that will flip up with your fingernail to release the ribbon cable do not use anything that can puncture or pinch the cable if you do you are screwed. When you drop the assembly back in the changer you will see a wheel at the bottom that is grooved this is part of the loading mech make sure you align it properly. I did not and had to take back apart to fix. you can test by spinning the drive wheel with belt and watch mech to see if it opens and closes. Any questions feel free to call 321-269-5243 good luck. I am probably going to order a spare one for myself to.

Paul

Pioneer kuro 60 plasma, Onkyo TXNR 929 Receiver, Son BDCX 960, Toshiba HD DVD, Polk center and Surrounds, Definitive Mains, and Definitive Trinity Sub.
post #3333 of 3334 Old 11-10-2014, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Guys, I have an extra Sony BDP-CX960 that I need to get some parts for. It seems they are VERY difficult to locate. Anyone know where I can get them?

1. SONY EP-GW 1-879-11 board, one of the connector pins fell off
2. SUMITOMO-M 2896 45pin (i believe) ribbon cable, looks like it is about a foot long. It connects the laser to the board.

Thanks!

Kevin
post #3334 of 3334 Old 11-11-2014, 06:35 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Have you tried emailing sony and if so where they helpful.

Pioneer kuro 60 plasma, Onkyo TXNR 929 Receiver, Son BDCX 960, Toshiba HD DVD, Polk center and Surrounds, Definitive Mains, and Definitive Trinity Sub.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Pioneer , Pioneer Dv F727 , Pioneer Elite , Sony , Sony Dvp Cx777es 400 Disc Dvd Cd Changer
Gear in this thread - F727 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page