Official Sony BD Mega-Changer Thread: BDP-CX7000ES & BDP-CX960 - Page 114 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #3391 of 3391 Old Yesterday, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshhare View Post
Wow! That's awesome that you got your unit back up and running after not having luck with the eBay replacements. Even better you've found an alternative for finding parts!

I've been pondering buying a backup for mine and I think I'll compare the units you listed and see cost wise what makes sense. Are you still planning to get a new replacement part since the one you found is used?
I ordered the full kem430aaa from one ebay retailer but when I got it though the frame and components looked similar the ribbon cables were way to short to use in the 960. I tried just the laser piece and it worked great with blu-rays even ones that weren't working with my original laser but failed on most DVD/CDs. I wrote the seller and they said that is abnormal and told me they will send me just the laser itself to use. That will probably be a few weeks for delivery.

I also bought just the laser from another ebay reseller and it didn't work at all, sent back for an exchange the second worked with cd/dvd but not blu-rays. Decided to ask for a refund at that point. The seller claimed they are original/new/working but I didn't have any luck.

So while waiting for the first seller to send me a replacement I started checking for other sources of parts and that's when I discovered other Sony bluray players used the kem430aaa part (some people say a certain playstation model also used it but I couldn't figure out which one and playstations probably are more expensive than a used old blu-ray player). I found a supposed working fine used 360 unit and for the price I paid I figured it was worth a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Pioneer , Pioneer Dv F727 , Pioneer Elite , Sony , Sony Dvp Cx777es 400 Disc Dvd Cd Changer
Gear in this thread - F727 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page