Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 1244 Old 02-25-2010, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsammon View Post

Ever since I got my 4010 I've been slowly collecting DVD-As and SACDs. Recently, I purchased a DVD-A from Amazon: Vivaldi, L'Estro Armonico, Op. 3, Nos. 1-6, Dantone & Accademia Bizantina. This disc actually hangs my 4010 - I don't even see the play menu. The only way to recover control of the 4010 is to disconnect the power. At first I thought the disc was defective so I exchanged it for a new one -- same problem. Does anyone on this board have this disc? Are you having problems playing it?

thanks,
Mike

Have you updated your 4010 to the latest firmware, released earlier this month? That addresses certain issues with DVD-A playback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1244 Old 02-26-2010, 08:07 AM

Yes, I have the latest update. I'm wonderin if there's some other setting that could be causing my player to freeze. All my other DVD-As play with no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhb View Post

Have you updated your 4010 to the latest firmware, released earlier this month? That addresses certain issues with DVD-A playback.

post #453 of 1244 Old 02-27-2010, 03:21 AM

have any of you guys had any problems with the hdmi audio ouput?

My 4010 plays audio for 10 seconds than its silent for the rest of the film Both BD/SD is affected. If I manage to get any sound out of the player than skip a chapter the audio is gone and cannot be heard again. The display on my receiver just flickers like its having serious handshake issues.

I am returning the unit as faulty.

I may try another one from another dealer.
post #454 of 1244 Old 02-27-2010, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usman24 View Post

have any of you guys had any problems with the hdmi audio ouput?

My 4010 plays audio for 10 seconds than its silent for the rest of the film Both BD/SD is affected. If I manage to get any sound out of the player than skip a chapter the audio is gone and cannot be heard again. The display on my receiver just flickers like its having serious handshake issues.

I am returning the unit as faulty.

I may try another one from another dealer.

Not seen that, definitely sounds like a fault. Just one question, have you tried connecting eliminating each component in the chain? i.e
i) A different (good quality) HDMI cable
ii) the HDMI from the player directly to the display (i.e. bypassing the AV amp)
iii) HDMI from the player to the AV amp but analogue output from AV to display (i.e. HDMI not connected to display)

That might help to eliminate the other components at least.
post #455 of 1244 Old 02-27-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhb View Post

Not seen that, definitely sounds like a fault. Just one question, have you tried connecting eliminating each component in the chain? i.e
i) A different (good quality) HDMI cable
ii) the HDMI from the player directly to the display (i.e. bypassing the AV amp)
iii) HDMI from the player to the AV amp but analogue output from AV to display (i.e. HDMI not connected to display)

That might help to eliminate the other components at least.

I have 3 other blu-ray players using the same high quality hdmi cable etc. and have experienced flawless playback. I am sure the Denon is playing up.
post #456 of 1244 Old 02-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
Try swap hdmi's , just to be shure that the player is at fault.

Limits established to be exceeded.
post #457 of 1244 Old 02-28-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomark911 View Post

Try swap hdmi's , just to be shure that the player is at fault.

I tried the same cable with 2 other players and its working fine on BD and SD. No issues.
post #458 of 1244 Old 03-07-2010, 02:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 27
hi all, can someone check somethign for me please. Can you check "body of lies" ch 28 through to ch29 around 1hr:48min and check if it freezes up at any stage. couldnt skip forward or back or anything else. ejected and started play from ch29 on wards and all was well. It was a rental disc and having a look at it a few scratches so not sure he issue. and yeah this is region B disc on a region B aussie player. But keen to know if problem on any other region players/disc as well.

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Welcome to my lounge room :)
post #459 of 1244 Old 03-07-2010, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post

hi all, can someone check somethign for me please. Can you check "body of lies" ch 28 through to ch29 around 1hr:48min and check if it freezes up at any stage. couldnt skip forward or back or anything else. ejected and started play from ch29 on wards and all was well. It was a rental disc and having a look at it a few scratches so not sure he issue. and yeah this is region B disc on a region B aussie player. But keen to know if problem on any other region players/disc as well.

I bought body of lies it plays alright on my 3800 alright so it should play fine on your 4010 player, it most likely the rental disc some people do not treat them right just make sure there nothing sticky on the disc before you put it in your player. some time it might be the inner sticker they have around the disc that might stop it. Also my Body of lies is a Region B disc on a Region A player and play fine like I said.
post #460 of 1244 Old 03-07-2010, 07:33 AM

I was watching LOTR on dvd the other day and I witnessed a 3 second layer break. Has anyone else noticed this?

This occurred after firmware has been updated via ethernet. I thought this issue had been adressed in the update?
post #461 of 1244 Old 03-07-2010, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

arghhh the 3 lights !

lost them for some bizare reason. not sure if it was the body of lies episode where things froze up for a while and had to power down power up and eject and all sorts. or perhaps due to the other day realised could switch on the kuro with the tivo remote and video would pass through a sleeping denon avp through to the kuro.

anyways a bit of tangle with back tracking on settings...

one strange thing I found was the kuro link settings were all greyed out ! so couldnt use switch to av sound. also strangely I found the hdmi control monitor on the avp to be set on monitor 2 even though I had it set on monitor 1 !

anyways switched to monitor 1. took monitor out off auto and onto monitor 1 instead. switched hdmo control off the kuro. powered everything on & off and disconnected hdmi off the kuro. and then could reselected hdmi control on the kuro. found the kuro link settings to re appear so could select switch to av sound. now switching the whole system between watch dvd and watch tv and found switch to av sound do its thing and the 3 lights to re appear phew !

not sure what happened back there but things back to as they were !

argh the 3 lights just wish they didnt need all the handshakes of hdmi control !

post #462 of 1244 Old 03-07-2010, 07:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

arghhh the 3 lights !

lost them for some bizare reason. not sure if it was the body of lies episode where things froze up for a while and had to power down power up and eject and all sorts. or perhaps due to the other day realised could switch on the kuro with the tivo remote and video would pass through a sleeping denon avp through to the kuro.

anyways a bit of tangle with back tracking on settings...

one strange thing I found was the kuro link settings were all greyed out ! so couldnt use switch to av sound. also strangely I found the hdmi control monitor on the avp to be set on monitor 2 even though I had it set on monitor 1 !

anyways switched to monitor 1. took monitor out off auto and onto monitor 1 instead. switched hdmo control off the kuro. powered everything on & off and disconnected hdmi off the kuro. and then could reselected hdmi control on the kuro. found the kuro link settings to re appear so could select switch to av sound. now switching the whole system between watch dvd and watch tv and found switch to av sound do its thing and the 3 lights to re appear phew !

not sure what happened back there but things back to as they were !

argh the 3 lights just wish they didnt need all the handshakes of hdmi control !

ok to add to the fun, was getting the switching to av sound onscreen when going to watchign the tivohd as source.

so switched to hdmi setup, monitor out as auto(dual)
and then for hdmi control, set the control monitor as monitor 2.

and seems we are back to where we were with all three lights and all working as it should

post #463 of 1244 Old 03-07-2010, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdblu View Post

I bought body of lies it plays alright on my 3800 alright so it should play fine on your 4010 player, it most likely the rental disc some people do not treat them right just make sure there nothing sticky on the disc before you put it in your player. some time it might be the inner sticker they have around the disc that might stop it. Also my Body of lies is a Region B disc on a Region A player and play fine like I said.

thanks hd, thats good to know played fine on the 3800, can only presume would work fine on the 4010. could be yeah just a rental disc thing. generally had a pretty good run on the rentals so this is definitely something I'll put down to "one of those things"

post #464 of 1244 Old 03-08-2010, 04:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usman24 View Post

I was watching LOTR on dvd the other day and I witnessed a 3 second layer break. Has anyone else noticed this?

This occurred after firmware has been updated via ethernet. I thought this issue had been adressed in the update?

This is interesting. I own the DVD-A1 and experienced a very similar thing while watching a concert DVD some time after the latest firmware update for that model. I posted this in the A1 thread but didn't get any responses as to whether or not others are also seeing this horrendous layer change. I completely forgot about it until I seen this post. I'll have to pop in a couple more DVDs to see if the issue is present on all discs.

Out of curiosity what LOTR DVD were you watching and was it the theatrical edition or the extended edition? I would like to give this a try on my A1.

post #465 of 1244 Old 03-08-2010, 12:47 PM

the extended edition. Disc 1 fellowship.

does the 4010ud pass below black via hdmi? I have read that it only passes below black using RGB enhanced? Its a shame if this is the case and I would think denon needs to address this in a firmware update.
post #466 of 1244 Old 03-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
2012 on Blu Ray won't load on our 4010. Anyone else having this problem??

I'm really missing that trouble-free Oppo right about now
post #467 of 1244 Old 03-09-2010, 11:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorO View Post

what region ? I've got 2012 in our movie queue for rental so do hope it does play when eventually comes my way !

ps one intersting Idid find following my episode wiht body of lies was shortly after I tried putting another disc in and it would say NO DISC. which was spooky as would say so for any disc I popped in ! I pulled the plug on the 4010 so it had a hard boot and yeah no probs playing the disc after that

post #468 of 1244 Old 03-10-2010, 01:22 AM
Azz

Quote:

Doc, you've got the latest firmware?
post #469 of 1244 Old 03-10-2010, 03:42 AM

Hi

A test here, sadly do not test with Denon link

hometheaterhifi.com/universal-players/793-denon-dbp-4010udci-universal-blu-ray-player.html add www

"The DBP-4010UDCI only outputs 44.1 kHz PCM signals when transmitting SACD over HDMI. To get the full benefit of SACD performance with the DBP-4010UDCI, you must use an analog connection."

Not really correct, also get the full benefit of SACD performance with Link 3th and Link 4th.

Best regards from Sweden

Omar Brännström
post #470 of 1244 Old 03-10-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:

I have the same problem here. Region 1 disc, with up-to-date firmware
post #471 of 1244 Old 03-10-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner View Post

I have 2012 region A disc and it plays fine on my Denon 3800 so it should work on the 4010 for sure odd.
post #472 of 1244 Old 03-10-2010, 04:04 PM

Liked: 17
I also have 2012 region 1 (USA) and it works fine on my DVD-A1UDCI. Its a slow load, but the PQ & SQ on this BluRay are fabulous !!! BTW, my DVD-A1 is connected via DL4 and HDMI to my AVR-5308CI.

Dave

Samsung PN64F8500, Marantz AV8801, MM8077, MM7025, OPPO BDP-103, Sony C333ES CD Changer, Thorens TD-190, DirecTV HD DVRs HR44-500 & HR24-100

post #473 of 1244 Old 03-11-2010, 02:43 AM
AVS Special Member

new town killers on blu-ray region B aussie release wont play in the 4010
just comes up with "No Disc"

*sigh* does play in the ps3 slim !

will leave a note on out local aussie audio products group website hopefully they can let denon japan know !

denon need to keep on the top of things update wise !

post #474 of 1244 Old 03-11-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:

new town killers on blu-ray region B aussie release wont play in the 4010
just comes up with "No Disc"

*sigh* does play in the ps3 slim !

will leave a note on out local aussie audio products group website hopefully they can let denon japan know !

denon need to keep on the top of things update wise !

Al, The denon 4010 should play every think what they charge you I bet the Oppo will play more title then any denon blu-ray play on the market, this is not right a cheap player will play all titles and a player costing 5 time more has trouble I fine this really odd. do you but I guess you get what you pay for or they might be a problem with your 4010 just keep a eye on it.
post #475 of 1244 Old 03-11-2010, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Al, The denon 4010 should play every think what they charge you I bet the Oppo will play more title then any denon blu-ray play on the market, this is not right a cheap player will play all titles and a player costing 5 time more has trouble I fine this really odd. do you but I guess you get what you pay for or they might be a problem with your 4010 just keep a eye on it.

hehe wont get into the player comparisons, but yeah the oppo does have its fair share of issues with discs as well, a bit of a par for the course with regards blu-ray and why important to highlight to the makers any discs have issues with. would only hope the makers would be proactive enough to catch these before customers, but obviously not always the case ...

anyways denon service I must say impress ! I popped them an email via the audioproducts website and straight away today an email back to check if I have latest firmware whcih I have. notified them and another email back asking me for serial number, place and date of purchase which provided so they can provide to denon japan.

ps wiht regard play resume, has anyone done a play resume on marine 2 ?

it is a java disc and rather amazingly. I watched part way through, popped the disc out to check something else. when I popped marine 2 disc back in it asked me if I wanted to resume play from where had left off ? bloody amazing and best still it did play resume right where left off first have seen that on a blu-ray disc !

post #476 of 1244 Old 03-11-2010, 11:40 PM

Hi

I have the Denon 3808 receiver with HDMI and Denon Link 3th to the Denon 4010 player.

For music like CD and SACD I use puredirect on the 3808 and puredirect on the 4010, I think that is the best for High_Quality Audio?

On page 38 in the manual it states that in puredirect mode it outputs the analog signal only?

It sounds good but isnt HDMI and Denon Link a digital output?

Please give me som tips how to set the setup for best for High_Quality Audio.

I use B&W CM9, CM5, CM2 and sub in 5.1

My fist unit broke after two weeks, I got a new one after 3 months.

Best regards from Cloudy Sweden

Omar Brännström
post #477 of 1244 Old 03-11-2010, 11:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Brännström View Post

Hi

I have the Denon 3808 receiver with HDMI and Denon Link 3th to the Denon 4010 player.

For music like CD and SACD I use puredirect on the 3808 and puredirect on the 4010, I think that is the best for High_Quality Audio?

On page 38 in the manual it states that in puredirect mode it outputs the analog signal only?

It sounds good but isnt HDMI and Denon Link a digital output?

Please give me som tips how to set the setup for best for High_Quality Audio.

I use B&W CM9, CM5, CM2 and sub in 5.1

My fist unit broke after two weeks, I got a new one after 3 months.

Best regards from Cloudy Sweden

Omar Brännström

omar with a 3808 and 4010, hdmi for blu-ray and denon link for everything else would be the best audio connection.

pure direct indeed is only I believe if you were hooking up over analog so should provide no benefit I believe over digital.

post #478 of 1244 Old 03-12-2010, 01:21 AM
Azz

Quote:

hdblu I'm sure as hell not a grammar or spelling Nazi or a reference, though that post puts you officially in the running for The Worst Of for 2010.
post #479 of 1244 Old 03-12-2010, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azz View Post

hdblu I'm sure as hell not a grammar or spelling Nazi or a reference, though that post puts you officially in the running for The Worst Of for 2010.

You funny I have a disability so why don't you shut up you Aussie
post #480 of 1244 Old 03-12-2010, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner View Post

I tried again last night. I hit play button, then I saw something was downloaded to the player. (Black background with red progress bar? I'm new to the player). After that 2012 plays just fine.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Denon , Blu Ray Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page