Denon DBP-4010UDCI - Page 30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #871 of 1249 Old 07-24-2011, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SoundofMind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SE MI
Posts: 7,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Sorry to repost. Due to underwhelming response, let me clarify that I'm not interested in discussing theory about jitter, oscilloscope readings or analog connections. I'll restate my sincere request more plainly:

I would love to hear from anyone who has done an A/B listening test of DL4 ON vs OFF for BR.

Same for anyone who has done the A/B listening test of DL3 vs HDMI and SPDIF for SACD, DVDA and RBCD.


Please respond here.
Thnx

Yes, I still like playing with Dalis.

SoundofMind is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #872 of 1249 Old 07-30-2011, 03:56 PM
Newbie
 
mclaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydenon View Post

Not sure But I'm downloading it now 34Min it says to DL but should be quicker. I've had issues with several BD's not playing. I'll let everyone know what I find out. Thanks for posting there was a update.

Were you successful with the new update? I donloaded it, it looks like it completed ok, and now my playor does not work at all. When I turn it on, it is stuck in SD card mode, and nothing is on the LCD. Is there any way to reset it?
mclaver is offline  
post #873 of 1249 Old 07-31-2011, 10:46 AM
Member
 
magking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vestby, Norway
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaver View Post

Were you successful with the new update? I donloaded it, it looks like it completed ok, and now my playor does not work at all. When I turn it on, it is stuck in SD card mode, and nothing is on the LCD. Is there any way to reset it?

This did the trick when mine was acting up.
LL
magking is offline  
post #874 of 1249 Old 08-15-2011, 05:15 AM
Senior Member
 
bbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 373
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thought I would give a heads up re Blu-ray: Source Code.

Just tried to play and it plays the trailer for 3 Musketeers then freezes when it tries to display Top menu for the title.

Tried with and without an SD card and initialize of memory and SD card without luck.

Played fine on another player .

Am reporting to Denon now.
bbar is offline  
post #875 of 1249 Old 08-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Member
 
djwobbrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rural Rochester, Minnesota
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had the same exact problem with Source Code, thought it was another Netflix problem. Post here when you hear from Denon.

Thanks
djwobbrock is offline  
post #876 of 1249 Old 08-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Senior Member
 
bbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 373
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwobbrock View Post

I had the same exact problem with Source Code, thought it was another Netflix problem. Post here when you hear from Denon.

Thanks

Will do and no response yet.

May send in again and would be good to get others also as they will hopefully take notice quicker.
bbar is offline  
post #877 of 1249 Old 09-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Member
 
djwobbrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rural Rochester, Minnesota
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just had another movie that did the same thing, "Sacrifice", played the trailers and then froze up. I went in to setup and deleted BD Memory, then the movie played. I am going to try Source Code again, when Netflix can ship it to me!

Hope this helps someone, post here if this solution works for you!
djwobbrock is offline  
post #878 of 1249 Old 09-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Senior Member
 
bbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 373
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwobbrock View Post

I just had another movie that did the same thing, "Sacrifice", played the trailers and then froze up. I went in to setup and deleted BD Memory, then the movie played. I am going to try Source Code again, when Netflix can ship it to me!

Hope this helps someone, post here if this solution works for you!

Tried that with source code and no go.

also tried with SD card in and out. Tried to get it to go to menu whilst playing trailer at beginning of disc with no luck.

Also, resent issue to Denon Singapore and still no response!

Edit: Pretty good movie also. Definitely worth a watch
bbar is offline  
post #879 of 1249 Old 09-03-2011, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Woof Woof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,503
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I actually keep my 4010 specifically for music playback these days

Japan just recently reissued a few new multichannel SACDs (Hotel California, Linda Ronstadt etc) with more on the way, including Fleetwood Mac Rumours!!

Also been buying a few out of print titles like Seal's DVDA albums.

They really sound great with the 4010.
Woof Woof is offline  
post #880 of 1249 Old 09-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Senior Member
 
LRS3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Posts: 261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
So, my Denon DVD-5910 (from 2005) died over the weekend. No video out, which means I can't select DVD-Audio tracks from from my display. I've used the player only as a music player (SACD, CD, and DVD-Audio), with a DenonLink connection to my Denon 4311 receiver.

I plan to order a replacement player later this week. My question is, how happy have folks been with the 4010 for music disc performance? I was generally happy with the 5910, except that it would have some problems playing some older SACDs and, occasionally, some older CDs.

My choice at this time seems to be either the Oppo 93 or the 4010. I like Denon, but I'm a little irked that my $3500 DVD-5910 crapped out after less than 6 years. Also, I don't want a player that's finicky about playing discs. Oppo of course has a reputation for sterling customer support, but it's hard to believe that the build quality of their $500 player compares to a $2000 Denon. (But my DVD-5910 was built like a tank and it's still dead.). I'm looking for info about the real-world reliability of the 4010 and its ability to play any SACD, DVD-Audio, or CD I throw in it.
LRS3 is online now  
post #881 of 1249 Old 09-19-2011, 11:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Woof Woof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,503
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Oppos do crap out too. Sometimes just after warranty period.

But their transport is stellar. It reads everything that I throw at it. I had to order THREE copies of Brothers in Arms SACD from Amazon US/UK and a local place before I could find ONE that read fine in my 4010 One sometimes read as SACD, other times as a CD, the other ALWAYS read as a CD. On my Oppo, all 3 were read as SACD



That said, I love DenonLink and I still end up using it for multichannel audio. I use my Oppo 95 for 3D and for stereo SACD/DVDA.
Woof Woof is offline  
post #882 of 1249 Old 09-20-2011, 04:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
DoctorO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 741
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
We have the 5910, still, and the 4010. I use the analogue section of the 4010 for multichannel audio and love it. It gives you terrific control to tweak settings. I have found it plays some audio discs (particularly home-burned DVD-A) that the 5910 rejected. It's clearly heads above the Oppo 83 for MCH audio; don't have the 93 for comparison. The 4010 has never been fussy about an audio disc, but it has balked at some BluRays. I had more success playing multiregion BluRays in it (from Japan) than with the Oppo. Hope that helps a little.
DoctorO is offline  
post #883 of 1249 Old 09-20-2011, 06:17 AM
Senior Member
 
LRS3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Posts: 261
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Thanks. Very helpful.
LRS3 is online now  
post #884 of 1249 Old 09-20-2011, 08:26 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group
 
gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 7,618
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof View Post

Oppos do crap out too. Sometimes just after warranty period.

If an Oppo does fail outside the warranty period, their repair fees are very reasonable if you have to pay for the repair (they've been known to make repairs for free outside the warranty period). Their turnaround on repairs is also quick - most people who have posted about repairs in the Oppo threads say the turnaround once the player got to Oppo was one business day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof View Post

That said, I love DenonLink and I still end up using it for multichannel audio. I use my Oppo 95 for 3D and for stereo SACD/DVDA.

DenonLink is, to me, the only real advantage the Denon players have over the Oppos. But that's only of value if you have a Denon receiver or AVP that also has DenonLink.

If you aren't planing to use the analog audio outputs, the BDP-93 is every bit as good as the BDP-95. If you're planning to use the analog audio outputs, take a look at the BDP-95. FWIW, the Oppo BDP-95 is listed as class A+ in the latest Stereophile recommended components list.

Note that though I am an Oppo beta tester, I also own a Denon DVD-3930CI. The 3930 now resides in my home office system and the Oppo BDP-95 is in my main system.

IMHO, anyone considering the DBP-4010UDCI should also take a close look at the current offerings from Oppo before making a decision. If DenonLink is a must have feature for the buyer, the choice is probably pretty clear. Otherwise, the Oppo's are probably the better choice.
gsr is online now  
post #885 of 1249 Old 09-20-2011, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SoundofMind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SE MI
Posts: 7,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 161
^I have an OppoBDP83SE and had an 83 prior to that. I have been very pleased with Oppo quality and performance. As you say, they make very high value products and have some of the best CS in the biz.

That said, I have a DenonA100 and nice speakers, so I am considering investing in a DL-3 or 4 equipped Denon universal player. I wonder if I'd actually be able to hear any significant difference, especially worth the considerable expense. I invite any comments and advice in this thread.

Yes, I still like playing with Dalis.

SoundofMind is offline  
post #886 of 1249 Old 09-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Member
 
djwobbrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rural Rochester, Minnesota
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbar View Post

Tried that with source code and no go.

also tried with SD card in and out. Tried to get it to go to menu whilst playing trailer at beginning of disc with no luck.

Also, resent issue to Denon Singapore and still no response!

Edit: Pretty good movie also. Definitely worth a watch

Just got this response from Denon, on Source Code problem!

Response Via Email(NJ Customer Service & Support) - 09/20/2011 03:48 PM
Hi David,

That is what it does for us as well. We will have to report this to Japan. A firmware update will need to be written to correct this issue. It will not happen in just a few days or a few weeks. It will take some time to have the update written and then released. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.


Thank you,

Ean Levy
Customer Service Representative
D&M Holdings NA
djwobbrock is offline  
post #887 of 1249 Old 09-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Member
 
djwobbrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rural Rochester, Minnesota
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

If an Oppo does fail outside the warranty period, their repair fees are very reasonable if you have to pay for the repair (they've been known to make repairs for free outside the warranty period). Their turnaround on repairs is also quick - most people who have posted about repairs in the Oppo threads say the turnaround once the player got to Oppo was one business day.



DenonLink is, to me, the only real advantage the Denon players have over the Oppos. But that's only of value if you have a Denon receiver or AVP that also has DenonLink.

If you aren't planing to use the analog audio outputs, the BDP-93 is every bit as good as the BDP-95. If you're planning to use the analog audio outputs, take a look at the BDP-95. FWIW, the Oppo BDP-95 is listed as class A+ in the latest Stereophile recommended components list.

Note that though I am an Oppo beta tester, I also own a Denon DVD-3930CI. The 3930 now resides in my home office system and the Oppo BDP-95 is in my main system.

IMHO, anyone considering the DBP-4010UDCI should also take a close look at the current offerings from Oppo before making a decision. If DenonLink is a must have feature for the buyer, the choice is probably pretty clear. Otherwise, the Oppo's are probably the better choice.

I had the Oppo 83SE, sold it when I got the DBP-4010UDCI. Tried the Oppo 95 for 30 days, sent it back. The AL24 proccessing was just too much for the Oppo's to outdo. Also, the side and rear surrounds of the DBP-4010UDCI, was much more open and dynamic sounding than either Oppo 83SE or Oppo 95 in my system! With the Oppo's the surround just didn't act as if they were even there compared to the DBP-4010UDCI. Could not beleive the difference? That is why is still own the DBP-4010UDCI . I am referring to all analog outputs of both, MCH and 2CH.
djwobbrock is offline  
post #888 of 1249 Old 09-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Senior Member
 
bbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 373
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwobbrock View Post

Just got this response from Denon, on Source Code problem!

Response Via Email(NJ Customer Service & Support) - 09/20/2011 03:48 PM
Hi David,

That is what it does for us as well. We will have to report this to Japan. A firmware update will need to be written to correct this issue. It will not happen in just a few days or a few weeks. It will take some time to have the update written and then released. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.


Thank you,

Ean Levy
Customer Service Representative
D&M Holdings NA

Thank you as sent two reports to Denon Singapore with no reply
bbar is offline  
post #889 of 1249 Old 09-20-2011, 03:36 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group
 
gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 7,618
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwobbrock View Post

I had the Oppo 83SE, sold it when I got the DBP-4010UDCI. Tried the Oppo 95 for 30 days, sent it back. The AL24 proccessing was just too much for the Oppo's to outdo. Also, the side and rear surrounds of the DBP-4010UDCI, was much more open and dynamic sounding than either Oppo 83SE or Oppo 95 in my system! With the Oppo's the surround just didn't act as if they were even there compared to the DBP-4010UDCI. Could not beleive the difference? That is why is still own the DBP-4010UDCI . I am referring to all analog outputs of both, MCH and 2CH.

This is why we have choices .
gsr is online now  
post #890 of 1249 Old 09-21-2011, 02:59 AM
Member
 
djwobbrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rural Rochester, Minnesota
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

This is why we have choices .

gsr, FYI I also owned the Denon DVD-3930CI, prior to purchasing the DBP-4010UDCI. The DBP-4010UDCI bettered the Denon DVD-3930CI as well as the Oppo's for MCH and 2CH analog, so I sold the Denon DVD-3930CI as well. I purchased the DBP-4010UDCI for the same price as the Oppo 95. Love the Burr Brown DAC sound, alway have! To me the Oppo's sound too analytical! Thankful for the choices!
djwobbrock is offline  
post #891 of 1249 Old 09-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Member
 
sheridd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm in the UK.
Noted the problems above with Source Code, my 4010 played this without problems. But I've run up the following list of Blu-rays my 4010 won't play.
  • Edge of Darkness ..... display shows No Disc after loading the disc.
  • Just Go with it ..... display shows 16 :00:00:00, then freezes.
  • How do you Know ..... as above.
  • Salt, (played fine on my 2500BT transport) ....shows loading bar, then freezes.
  • Country Strong ..... display blank, nothing happens.
I've actually bought a PS3 now to play the discs the Denon won't and all the above play without any issue.

Very pleased with the 4010 when it works, gives a great picture and I enjoy DL4 sound but four of the above are pretty new and all have issues which is starting to annoy me. I'm now starting to wonder if new discs will play when I get them.

I keep checking for firmware updates but mine is up to date.
Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

I do plan to report the above to Denon UK.
sheridd2 is offline  
post #892 of 1249 Old 09-27-2011, 03:49 AM
Newbie
 
v8sam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have two disc that wil not play comes up ''No Disc'' ones Wolf Creek and The Island both brand new region 2 from playcom. They will both play on my laptop so not sure if it's the player or discs.
The players firmware is up to date and the player has had the lens cleaned recently all other disc play without any problems any ideas welcome?
v8sam is offline  
post #893 of 1249 Old 09-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Member
 
sheridd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8sam View Post

I have two disc that wil not play comes up ''No Disc'' ones Wolf Creek and The Island both brand new region 2 from playcom. They will both play on my laptop so not sure if it's the player or discs.
The players firmware is up to date and the player has had the lens cleaned recently all other disc play without any problems any ideas welcome?

I bought a 'pre-owned' copy of the Island and it played perfectly on my Denon? What gives with this machine, it's not consistent? Why should one copy play on one 4010 and another not?
(My firmware is up to date).
sheridd2 is offline  
post #894 of 1249 Old 09-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Senior Member
 
bbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 373
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridd2 View Post

I bought a 'pre-owned' copy of the Island and it played perfectly on my Denon? What gives with this machine, it's not consistent? Why should one copy play on one 4010 and another not?
(My firmware is up to date).

Is it the old UK version or the new US version as the new one plays fine for me but have not tried the older UK version
bbar is offline  
post #895 of 1249 Old 09-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Newbie
 
v8sam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridd2 View Post

I bought a 'pre-owned' copy of the Island and it played perfectly on my Denon? What gives with this machine, it's not consistent? Why should one copy play on one 4010 and another not?
(My firmware is up to date).

The len could have been knocked out of alignent which was the reply from Denon UK.
My friend will try both discs on his player and I will find out this weekend if it is the disc or player problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbar View Post

Is it the old UK version or the new US version as the new one plays fine for me but have not tried the older UK version

How would i be able to tell the difference? I bought the discs from playcom UK 2 months ago.
v8sam is offline  
post #896 of 1249 Old 09-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Member
 
sheridd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8sam View Post

The len could have been knocked out of alignent which was the reply from Denon UK.
My friend will try both discs on his player and I will find out this weekend if it is the disc or player problem.



How would i be able to tell the difference? I bought the discs from playcom UK 2 months ago.

Yeah, play.com is a UK firm so I assumed a region 2 pal disc, which is what my copy is also. As stated before my copy plays perfectly.
sheridd2 is offline  
post #897 of 1249 Old 10-06-2011, 06:18 AM
Newbie
 
Josilva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Friends!

DBP-4010UDCI with New firmware! Does anyone know what's new?
Josilva is offline  
post #898 of 1249 Old 10-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Member
 
sheridd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridd2 View Post

I'm in the UK.
Noted the problems above with Source Code, my 4010 played this without problems. But I've run up the following list of Blu-rays my 4010 won't play.
  • Edge of Darkness ..... display shows No Disc after loading the disc.
  • Just Go with it ..... display shows 16 :00:00:00, then freezes.
  • How do you Know ..... as above.
  • Salt, (played fine on my 2500BT transport) ....shows loading bar, then freezes.
  • Country Strong ..... display blank, nothing happens.
I've actually bought a PS3 now to play the discs the Denon won't and all the above play without any issue.

Very pleased with the 4010 when it works, gives a great picture and I enjoy DL4 sound but four of the above are pretty new and all have issues which is starting to annoy me. I'm now starting to wonder if new discs will play when I get them.

I keep checking for firmware updates but mine is up to date.
Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

I do plan to report the above to Denon UK.

Another disc my 4010 won't play ...... Faster.
Display shows 16 0:00:00 and freezes.
sheridd2 is offline  
post #899 of 1249 Old 10-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Senior Member
 
bbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 373
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridd2 View Post

Another disc my 4010 won't play ...... Faster.
Display shows 16 0:00:00 and freezes.

I have a Reg A player but modded for all regions. I have US versions of Faster, Salt and Edge of Darkness and they work fine, so appears it may be limited to Reg B release.

Do you have the SD card in when trying these and have you initialised SD card again as I have found a few titles that would not play unless SD card was in.

THX and Crank 2 are 2 that come to mind.
bbar is offline  
post #900 of 1249 Old 10-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Member
 
sheridd2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbar View Post

I have a Reg A player but modded for all regions. I have US versions of Faster, Salt and Edge of Darkness and they work fine, so appears it may be limited to Reg B release.

Do you have the SD card in when trying these and have you initialised SD card again as I have found a few titles that would not play unless SD card was in.

THX and Crank 2 are 2 that come to mind.

I do have an SD card in place for BD live and it has been in place for all the above discs.
I tried resetting the machine using recent guidance in the thread by pressing disc layer, eject and stop buttons together. The player was 'initialising' for an hour when I abandoned it.
I haven't initialised the SD card, I can try that, I'll update on this tomorrow.
Seems to be the newer discs causing my 4010 problems.
I've quite a few older discs which all play fine, which leads me to suspect firmware issues rather than physical hardware problems or I'd see all sorts of discs not playing.
I have emailed a Denon tech guy in the UK, awaiting on his response.
sheridd2 is offline  
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Denon , Blu Ray Players

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off