Forum Jump: 

Old 01-09-2014, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bswiz View Post

True. Here's a list of the Sony BD players and what features are supported for Netflix.

https://support.netflix.com/en/node/443

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2014, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Do I need my Bluray connected to my network

I have a Sony BDP-N460. It can connect to my network with an ethernet cable or I can buy a dongle to make it wireless. I've never bothered with either.

I was thinking about replacing it with one that is wireless, but I can't think of a good reason to bother to connect it to the network as I have a smart TV.

Is there any?
Old 10-24-2014, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnan24 View Post
I have a Sony BDP-N460. It can connect to my network with an ethernet cable or I can buy a dongle to make it wireless. I've never bothered with either.

I was thinking about replacing it with one that is wireless, but I can't think of a good reason to bother to connect it to the network as I have a smart TV.

Is there any?
The only reason other than using the apps in the player is to be able to update your player. If you already only use the tv apps and don't want to ever update your player there is no reason to. For new players it's usually needed to be able to play new movies as they come out.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 THX, Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's, Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52, Sub-Klipsch Sub 12, Surround - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360, HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,7 TB, Video Processor -Darbee

http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2236715
Old 10-24-2014, 05:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post
The only reason other than using the apps in the player is to be able to update your player. If you already only use the tv apps and don't want to ever update your player there is no reason to. For new players it's usually needed to be able to play new movies as they come out.
Thanks, that's a good reason, I wasn't aware of that. My 58" Samsung plasma has been broken(for good) for over a year. I have been using my bedroom 37" Dynex for a main TV so I haven't watched many movies. I will be doing more of that since I have finally bought a new TV.
Latinoheat likes this.