Forum Jump: 

post #481 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Hansen View Post

b) The test results you get depend almost as much on the test equipment as on the device under test (DUT). The original MAR system used a 16-bit data acquisition card in a desktop computer. This gave relatively poor performance and was later replaced by a 24-bit acquisition card. This newer card gives better results but is still trying to make very low-level measurements whilst inside the noisiest possible environment -- a computer!!

Do you have a link to some measurements that would indicate interference from the computer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Location: Boulder, Colorado USA (that's actually my Doppelgänger)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGA View Post

The outgoing audio signal does not contain any video. It is output as balanced MMHR (Multichannel Meridian High Resolution, RJ45 connector/CAT5) or single ended as Smartlink (S/PDIF or when encrypted it is called MHR, RCA connector).

OK, I corrected the original post. Sorry for the error. I think I need to eat lunch or something...

Quote:

One may choose to output video over HDMI or just the audio. Perhaps you mean the incoming signal is polluted and stays polluted because they don't separate the ground?

No, I was confused. It is relatively easy to isolate the grounds of an S/PDIF signal using pulse transformers. Many companies do this, although some use a transformer but then ground the input anyway, which defeats one of the main advantages of using a transformer! I would assume that the Meridians have transformers on the inputs of the SSP's as this is a fairly common practice. I have no idea if they use them on the HD621 or on the MHR Link.

With isolation, this device could be very helpful. Without isolation, it is just a way to add HDMI to an SSP that doesn't have it built-in.

Quote:

The HD621 does accept 100-250V. Does that automatically mean it is a switching power supply?

Yes. Always.

I didn't need to look at the photo to answer that, but if you look at the photo the thing in the black cage is the switching power supply.

Quote:

No one else can really use it because of the encryption and there are no other SSPs I know of with 6-channel digital inputs.

I didn't realize that the S/PDIF's were also encrypted. That's the trouble when you are part of the DVD Forum -- you have to play by the rules....

Quote:

Meridian retail price is $3000. The Theta upgrade price or release date has not been announced but the speculation is that it will be more and may require replacement of the DAC cards. A new Meridian 861 version 6 will set you back some $26,000 or more. Meridian processors nowadays seem to be designed to be used with their digital speakers. Their top DSP8000 speakers are $65,000 a pair, up from $40,000. They use zeroes differently than most of us.

Yes, I think Meridian has deliberately designed a system that really only works with other Meridian equipment. You either sign up for the whole kit-and-caboodle or you don't. Some people bought their G series CD players as stand-alone devices, but once you get into their SSP's I think you pretty much need an all-Meridian system...
post #483 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edorr View Post

The Casablanca upgrade will be around 5,000 for HDMI. However, you need the right DAC cards in the processor which will set you back another $7,000. So the difference between using a stripped down Casablanca as a controller for a six shooter and upgrading to HDMI is easily $10,000. That easily buys me a Marantz UD9004.

If the Marantz turns out to sound as good over an all analog six shooter as an Oppo into Casablanca over HDMI this would be my preference (purely because of the economics). My personal expectation is that the analog six shooter route will sound better on multi channel SACD (because of DSD direct conversion in the source component), and the HDMI route will be better on Blu Ray / DVD.

I guess the very best would be to use the Ayre HDMI into the Casablanca but this would be a $20,000 proposition, and is not within my reach.

YIKES!!! That's one of the problems with "upgradeable" designs -- the upgrades can be awfully expensive...

One point is that the Oppo (and the Ayre) will deliver DSD across the HDMI connection. So unless the Theta converts to PCM this shouldn't be an issue.

I still think that the Oppo across the HDMI into Theta's DACs will sound better than the Marantz DAC's into an analog volume control. But that's just an educated guess. The only way to know is to listen to both configurations.
post #484 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMIinfinity View Post

Charles, if you want just contact the guys at audioholics and they will walk you through the process of measuring jitter.

Don't be a dick.

You are all WEIRDOS! - Sam the Eagle
post #485 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicey View Post

Don't be a dick.

How is providing help being a dick? They don't have jitter measurements for the DX-5 so I was pointing them to people who understand jitter very well and have the proper equipment to test it.
post #486 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The specs are the same.

Well then clearly they must sound the same...

Why do you suppose that they make two different parts, then???

Quote:

The Ayre C-5xe measured 289 picoseconds peak-peak both for 16-bit CD playback and 24-bit DVD playback, have you improved upon this since it also uses the same DAC as the DX-5?

This is why I said that jitter numbers are meaningless. Listen to what I say and go read the article I linked. That will get you started.

The 289 psec number came from when JA was using a 16-bit card in his computer. All of the jitter he was measuring actually came from his test setup.

When Hi-Fi New measured the C-5xe with the 24-bit card, he reported 120 psec for 16-bit data (the limit of the test) and "< 10 psec" for the 24-bit data.

But all of those numbers are still meaningless. Miller never said how his machine figures out those numbers. It is a big secret. The way that real engineers measure the performance of a clock is with a phase-noise plot. This is a million times better than any single number could ever be. But it is still useless.

Why? Because even if you were an experienced engineer and had looked at thousands of phase-noise plots, you still couldn't tell how something was going to sound.

I'll say it over and over. The only way to know how something sounds is to listen to it.
post #487 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Charles, if you want just contact the guys at audioholics and they will walk you through the process of measuring jitter.

Are you joking?

Look, they run a nice website and do nice tests and have an Audio Precision 585 (it does multi-channel and HDMI, but does not have the resolution of the AP 2722).

I have nothing against them, but even they would agree that they are not the world's leading authority on time-based measurements...
post #488 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:

Well then clearly they must sound the same...

Why do you suppose that they make two different parts, then???

One can accept a DSD signal and one can't, the whole LPCM/DSD thing has been discussed to death.

Quote:

This is why I said that jitter numbers are meaningless. Listen to what I say and go read the article I linked. That will get you started.

The 289 psec number came from when JA was using a 16-bit card in his computer. All of the jitter he was measuring actually came from his test setup.

When Hi-Fi New measured the C-5xe with the 24-bit card, he reported 120 psec for 16-bit data (the limit of the test) and "< 10 psec" for the 24-bit data.

But all of those numbers are still meaningless. Miller never said how his machine figures out those numbers. It is a big secret. The way that real engineers measure the performance of a clock is with a phase-noise plot. This is a million times better than any single number could ever be. But it is still useless.

Why? Because even if you were an experienced engineer and had looked at thousands of phase-noise plots, you still couldn't tell how something was going to sound.

I'll say it over and over. The only way to know how something sounds is to listen to it.

The classe SSP-800 measured well less then 100PS as well, since you were discussing the jitter importance in the DX-5 at what point did you find the jitter became audible?
post #489 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:

Are you joking?

Look, they run a nice website and do nice tests and have an Audio Precision 585 (it does multi-channel and HDMI, but does not have the resolution of the AP 2722).

I have nothing against them, but even they would agree that they are not the world's leading authority on time-based measurements...

Contact gene and he will be 100% honest with you, audioholics is far and above most other sites when it comes to properly measuring a component. Gene did mention that he would love to review a DX-5 as well.
post #490 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

There is no standard way to measure jitter, so putting out number would be meaningless. You would end up comparing them to some other numbers that were obtained by a completely different method. You would think you were comparing "apples to apples" but you wouldn't be.

Totally agree. But could you at least give us a rough idea of the overall percentage of jitter reduction that would be gained when using the A/O HDMI vs. the A/V HDMI? Perhaps using a percentage value?

And thanks for all of the info so far.

post #491 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

YIKES!!! That's one of the problems with "upgradeable" designs -- the upgrades can be awfully expensive...

One point is that the Oppo (and the Ayre) will deliver DSD across the HDMI connection. So unless the Theta converts to PCM this shouldn't be an issue.

I still think that the Oppo across the HDMI into Theta's DACs will sound better than the Marantz DAC's into an analog volume control. But that's just an educated guess. The only way to know is to listen to both configurations.

The Theta will only accept PCM from multi channel SACD sources, so the Oppo or Ayre will need to convert DSD to PCM (same is true for the Meridian HD621) to work with the Theta - hence my guess SACD may still sound better over the analog outputs into a stellar volume control. But you are right, it is all educated guesswork and I will wait and listen first before deciding which way to go.
post #492 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Do you have a link to some measurements that would indicate interference from the computer?

Sure.

The first attachment is the Ayre C-5xe when measured by the 16-bit card in a computer.

And the second attachment is the same player when measured with the Audio Precision 2722. The cyan line in this graph has nothing to do with the player. It simply shows the theoretical noise limit of a perfect 16-bit system.
LL
LL
post #493 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 03:58 PM

And you know for sure that is all they changed? Just asking since sending information out of a computer does not contain high levels of jitter so I don't see how this could be affected.
post #494 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

One can accept a DSD signal and one can't, the whole LPCM/DSD thing has been discussed to death.

The classe SSP-800 measured well less then 100PS as well, since you were discussing the jitter importance in the DX-5 at what point did you find the jitter became audible?

Look, this is getting silly. If you refuse to read anything, I will simply stop replying to your posts.

Both DAC chips can accept a DSD signal. Go read the data sheets.

I already discussed everything about jitter that you need to know on the previous page. I don't care what "number" some self-appointed "expert" came up with when measuring the SSP-800. It is a meaningless number.

Read my lips -- MEANINGLESS!

Go back and read my previous post.

Again.
post #495 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

And you know for sure that is all they changed? Just asking since sending information out of a computer does not contain high levels of jitter so I don't see how this could be affected.

I'm done.
post #496 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 04:00 PM

You were the one discussing the importance of jitter so all I am doing is asking some follow up questions, if you don't know just say you don't know. Most companies will put out a lot of technical talk to hype a product so I was just finding out if this was hype or if the DX-5 does indeed have some advantages.
post #497 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The Theta will only accept PCM from multi channel SACD sources, so the Oppo or Ayre will need to convert DSD to PCM (same is true for the Meridian HD621) to work with the Theta - hence my guess SACD may still sound better over the analog outputs into a stellar volume control. But you are right, it is all educated guesswork and I will wait and listen first before deciding which way to go.

Good plan!

99.9% of all SACD's ever made were converted to PCM at some point in order to do some level adjustments or EQ or mixing. So there is nothing inherently bad about PCM. Most of that was a myth that Sony promulgated to promote SACD.

Still some conversions from SACD to PCM are going to sound better than others. Ideally you wouldn't have one -- after all it can't improve the sound! But I would imagine that the one that Theta comes up with should sound pretty good. Plus you have to factor in the number of SACD's you own. If you only have 20, it's not a big deal. If you have 400, it becomes more important. But even then you still listen to a lot of other music and watch a lot of other movies.

You'll figure it out once you listen to it.
post #498 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:

I'm done.

Strictly speaking, the J-Test is not diagnostic for products that do not embed the clock in the data. In well-designed CD players, for example, a separate clock signal carried on a printed-circuit-board trace separate from those that carry the audio data tells the D/A chip exactly when to convert the data word on its input to analog. Nevertheless, I have found that players vary enormously in their ability to handle the J-Test signal without problems, which is why I continue to use it with such products.

Looks like it might be the design differences in the players and not the test its self.
post #499 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Totally agree. But could you at least give us a rough idea of the overall percentage of jitter reduction that would be gained when using the A/O HDMI vs. the A/V HDMI? Perhaps using a percentage value?

And thanks for all of the info so far.

No, we haven't measured it yet. But even if we did, I wouldn't tell you any numbers. What would they mean? If the audio-only output had half the jitter, would it sound twice as good?

Remember, the only place that jitter matters is at the DAC chip in the SSP. So a better source is always going to sound better, but the actual jitter number at the DAC chip is going to depend highly on the clock recovery circuit in the SSP.
post #500 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:

No, we haven't measured it yet. But even if we did, I wouldn't tell you any numbers. What would they mean? If the audio-only output had half the jitter, would it sound twice as good?

Remember, the only place that jitter matters is at the DAC chip in the SSP. So a better source is always going to sound better, but the actual jitter number at the DAC chip is going to depend highly on the clock recovery circuit in the SSP.

Kind of odd? You were making a big deal out of the jitter discussion and now you say this? What else have you not tested in the DX-5?
post #501 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:

In 1997, we started using the Miller Audio Research Jitter Analyzer, a National Instruments Labview program that makes use of a high-performance A/D and DSP card (originally AT-bus, then PCI-bus) housed in a PC. The National Instruments card is connected to the player's or processor's analog output while it decodes the Dunn J-Test signal. The Miller software then searches a high-resolution, FFT-derived spectrum of the device's noise floor for identifiable symmetrical sidebands in order to then calculate a jitter total. However, the NI cards that are the basis for the Miller Analyzer use 16-bit A/D converters. Although the Miller software uses extensive signal averaging to lower the contribution of these converters' self-noise, it limits the system's resolution to around 120 picoseconds of jitter, which is higher than the jitter of the very best digital audio products now available.

The only problem they are bringing up is the limitation of 120 PS in the older card.

Quote:

The source for the measurements was 16-bit data encoded either on CD or as a WAV or FLAC file stored on a computer hard drive. The 0dB reference in all the graphs is the level at which each player reproduced a full-scale tone at 1kHz. The center frequency of each graph is 11kHz, with a horizontal frequency range of 7.5-14.5kHz.

And with the new tests they also used the output of a computer.
post #502 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The Ayre has many differences compared to the HD621 that reflect the differences in each company's design philosophy.

EDIT: The information in this next paragraph is completely wrong. I apologize for posting this, as I was confused.

The HD621 gives lip service to separating out the audio signal so that it "is free from video pollution". This is pure marketing BS. The HDMI audio signal must be sent along with a (minimum) 720p video signal or the link will not work. They probably send a gray or black screen, but whether that will improve the sound quality is questionable at best. To add insult to injury, it uses a switching power supply that will inject noise into the AC mains and also any equipment connected to the unit.

EDIT: The HD621 does separate the audio out as it is sent on either S/PDIF links or Meridian's proprietary MHR (Meridian High Resolution) link that uses CAT 5 cabling. S/PDIF is relatively easy to isolate by using a high-speed pulse transformer that only costs a few dollars. I do not know if these are used, either in the HD621 or at the inputs of the Meridian processors. I would assume that they are used at least in the processors as it is a fairly common feature used in many digital products. Again, I apologize for the error.

In contrast, the Ayre has opto-isolators so that the ground of the video section (player + display) is electrically separate from the ground of the audio system (player + SSP/preamp + amp). This isolation is crucial for obtaining both the best picture quality and the audio quality. The power supplies in the Ayre are purely linear, designed for the lowest possible noise, both for the circuitry and the AC mains.

The main thing that the Meridian unit does that is unusual is that it includes "upsampling" for the audio. I suppose that their current line of SSP's are not able to be upgraded to their new "apodising" digital audio filter (a similar filter is included in all current Ayre digital products in a user-selectable "Measure" position, although we have found a better-sounding filter that we incorporate in our "Listen" position) so this is a way to allow their current customers to upgrade to both HDMI capabilities and Meridian's new digital filters.

However if you read the fine print there are at least two flies in this ointment:

a) The maximum data rate is 96 kHz. Higher sample rate material will be downsampled!

b) The unit does not accept the "DSD" signal that is output from SACD's.

It is probably a good choice for someone who already owns a Meridian processor, but not for anyone else.

Interesting. However, here is my question. If I fed the Meridan HD621 HDMI out of your player would it sound any better than plugging in a standard Oppo? From what I read into your post, it would not and the HD621 would actually degrade the Ayre signal send over HDMI.

In other words, you can either separate audio/video, buffer and reclock the signal in the source (Ayre) or the sink (Meridian), but doing it on both ends gets you nothing extra.

This is interesting because it suggest your player would get stellar performance with most high end processors (classe, anthem etc), but it would do not nothing extra for the Meridian.

If Theta comes out with their HDMI upgrade I have to assume they will also do their version of "separate audio / video, buffer and reclock", to get their very pricey system to perform up to standards. Again, this implementation may then be highly HDMI source component agnostic.

All speculation I realize - lets wait for some product to actually ship and let our ears decide!
post #503 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 04:31 PM

Quote:

Interesting. However, here is my question. If I fed the Meridan HD621 HDMI out of your player would it sound any better than plugging in a standard Oppo? From what I read into your post, it would not and the HD621 would actually degrade the Ayre signal send over HDMI.

In other words, you can either separate audio/video, buffer and reclock the signal in the source (Ayre) or the sink (Meridian), but doing it on both ends gets you nothing extra.

This is interesting because it suggest your player would get stellar performance with most high end processors (classe, anthem etc), but it would do not nothing extra for the Meridian.

If Theta comes out with their HDMI upgrade I have to assume they will also do their version of "separate audio / video, buffer and reclock", to get their very pricey system to perform up to standards. Again, this implementation may then be highly HDMI source component agnostic.

All speculation I realize - lets wait for some product to actually ship and let our ears decide!

Since we don't know any digital performance changes from the oppo and since you are using HDMI as a digital connection the jitter performance would be dependant on the processor/receiver.
post #504 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 04:51 PM

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/sles067b/sles067b.pdf DSD1792

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/sles069b/sles069b.pdf PCM1792

The only differene in the DAC's is the feature sets they offer or atleast from what I can see. I remember that is was the older DSP board from MDS that was limiting the classe SSP-800 to LPCM now with the new board you can accept a DSD signal.
post #505 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Let's put it this way -- if we knew of a way to get less jitter out of our HDMI audio-only output, we would have done it. So either the Meridian guys know something we don't know or else adding the box would reduce the performance. Your ears are the most reliable judge...

But all of this becomes moot if any of the SSP manufacturers get off of their lazy butts and implement Audio Rate Control. This was announced in the HDMI 1.3a spec in November, 2006 and virtually eliminates jitter. Sony and Pioneer have proprietary versions of it in case you were planning to use a mass-market receiver in your state-of-the-art theater....

The Ayre DX-5 will implement ARC on the HDMI audio-only output, but it only works if there is a compliant sink (receiver) at the other end. We have a Pioneer receiver in-house and have decoded most of their proprietary commands. If there were enough demand, we could make the DX-5 compatible with Pioneer receivers...

I don't know why Arcam or Classe or Theta or you name it aren't implementing this yet. It will radically improve the sound quality of HDMI-sourced audio.
post #506 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:

Let's put it this way -- if we knew of a way to get less jitter out of our HDMI audio-only output, we would have done it. So either the Meridian guys know something we don't know or else adding the box would reduce the performance. Your ears are the most reliable judge...

But all of this becomes moot if any of the SSP manufacturers get off of their lazy butts and implement Audio Rate Control. This was announced in the HDMI 1.3a spec in November, 2006 and virtually eliminates jitter. Sony and Pioneer have proprietary versions of it in case you were planning to use a Japanese receiver in your state-of-the-art theater....

The Ayre DX-5 will implement ARC on the HDMI audio-only output, but it only works if there is a compliant sink (receiver) at the other end. We have a Pioneer receiver in-house and have decoded most of their proprietary commands. If there were enough demand, we could make the DX-5 compatible with Pioneer receivers...

I don't know why Arcam or Classe or Theta or you name it aren't implementing this yet. It will radically improve the sound quality of HDMI-sourced audio.

Charles but you have not measured the jitter on the DX-5 so are you now just assuming?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...980916&page=57

The classe SSP-800 is already very low, have you done any tests to see when jitter becomes audible?
post #507 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

So what are ya waiting for, Charles?!

No multi-zone, no Dolby Pro-Logic 12.3zII, no interweb streaming...

Imagine, a zero-BS SSP! Actually, the Classe SSP-800 is pretty close to that but it is lacking in a couple of areas on an absolute level.

I like the idea of a 2-box design with a great multichannel DAC/preamp in one box and the video switcher/scaler in the other with a data cable connecting them.

Wuddya think?!

post #508 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

But all of this becomes moot if any of the SSP manufacturers get off of their lazy butts and implement Audio Rate Control. This was announced in the HDMI 1.3a spec in November, 2006 and virtually eliminates jitter. Sony and Pioneer have proprietary versions of it in case you were planning to use a Japanese receiver in your state-of-the-art theater....

I remember first reading up on ARC when I tried to understand why my Denon 2500 BTCI HDMI Digital Transport into my Onkyo 885 sounded like crap, and asked myself the same question.

I bought a Pioneer BDP 09, ran it though the analog MC bypass and never looked back. This is why I am not sure the Theta HDMI implementation will sound better than say a Marantz UD9004 through the six shooter. In any case, it will be interesting to hear from Theta if they will be implementing ARC on their new Compli Blu Ray player and forthcoming HDMI interface on the Casablanca.

by the way, would ARC be implementable through a firmware upgrade?
post #509 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:

I remember first reading up on ARC when I tried to understand why my Denon 2500 BTCI HDMI Digital Transport into my Onkyo 885 sounded like crap, and asked myself the same question.

I bought a Pioneer BDP 09, ran it though the analog MC bypass and never looked back. This is why I am not sure the Theta HDMI implementation will sound better than say a Marantz UD9004 through the six shooter. In any case, it will be interesting to hear from Theta if they will be implementing ARC on their new Compli Blu Ray player and forthcoming HDMI interface on the Casablanca.

by the way, would ARC be implementable through a firmware upgrade?

If you are that worried about jitter use equipment that can send and receive a DSD signal over HDMI.
post #510 of 1442 Old 02-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I like the idea of a 2-box design with a great multichannel DAC/preamp in one box and the video switcher/scaler in the other with a data cable connecting them.

Wuddya think?!

We've thought about it a lot.

We started work on it once when Theta's Jim White left there about ten years ago. But he ended up being too busy getting Aesthetix up from a part-time hobby to a full-time job. Then we started a few years later with a programmer who had previously worked for MDS, who make OEM modules for many companies. Then she got pregnant. After that we Analog Devices put us in touch with a company that was going to develop a solution. It turned out that they were working on a low-cost implementation using the Blackfin instead of the high-performance SHARC processors. We began a technical alliance with Pioneer/TAD that would lead to our being able to use Pioneer's SSP engines. Then the economy collapsed and Pioneer had massive cutbacks in their programs. (No more Kuro displays!)

It literally would take a staff of six engineers a full year to develop an SSP from scratch. We don't have those resources. None of the OEM modules I have seen could even be adapted to work at the performance levels we require. But we'll probably get around to it someday...
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Marantz

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page