Forum Jump: 

post #1441 of 1442 Old 07-07-2014, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tngiloy View Post
Thanks for the answer. Do you work for Ayre or have inside information?? Or is this just a guess??

I was kind of hoping that Ayre was going to use the Oppo 105 as a platform for a new universal player.

Tom
I've been an Ayre dealer since 1994 when their only product was the V-3 power amp.

Things can always change, but as of now things don't seem to be headed that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1442 Old 07-07-2014, 05:58 PM
GGA
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Hansen View Post
Quote:

We know that many people like surround sound, which is why we paid so much attention to its implementation. It is by far the best HDMI audio output around. First of all, there are separate grounds for the audio side of the player and video side. This makes a really big difference in both audio and picture quality. It is very important to keep them separated. So the first thing to do is to run all of the video cables directly to your display and all of the audio cables to the SSP. Never run your video signals to the SSP. This will degrade the PQ due to the extra circuitry in the SSP, plus it will re-connect the video and audio grounds.

Ayre Acoustics, Inc.
Hello Charles,

You have written several times how important it is to separate the audio and video signals, sending video only to the display and audio only to the SSP.

Is there an advantage to sending a video only signal to the projector if you do not have a DX-5 with its separate grounds?

As you know better than anyone HDMI must always carry a video signal. I understand it can be a "blank" video signal and it can be 720p or 1080p. Is there an advantage using the "blank" video when sending audio to the SSP?

I have read in another thread that just plugging in an HDMI cable to an SSP activates its video circuits, which can create noise and affect the DACs unless the SSP is very well designed. The extreme approach would be to have external DACs.

BTW I have a Datasat RS20i. I hope the proposed project with them goes through.

Thanks for your help.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Marantz

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page