Insignia NS-BRDVD3 - Netflix & BD-Live - Want Your Opinions - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 1008 Old 04-07-2011, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud-man View Post

...so i removed the 2 screws and removed the top drive cover to expost the laser, well i used alcohol, Q-Tip and cleaned the rubber circle the motor uses to spin the disc......It Worked!!

Appears dust and crap get's built up on the cushion/rubber ring and the disc does not spin fast enough on initial start.

Kudos, Bud-man. I did what you described and, at least for now, my NS-BRDVD3 seems to be fully functional again. I have, however, relegated it to "back-up equipment" status. Thanks for the tip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1008 Old 04-24-2011, 11:12 AM

For those that need the region unlock code to work again, this is the previous firmware (official site download link)

http://insigniaproducts.com/cms/soft...053_104_31.iso
post #993 of 1008 Old 04-29-2011, 02:50 PM

Dude, thanks for that firmware link! Major help!!!
post #994 of 1008 Old 04-30-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedWheels View Post

For those that need the region unlock code to work again, this is the previous firmware (official site download link)

http://insigniaproducts.com/cms/soft...053_104_31.iso

Thats the one I already had on my BRDVD3, but I re-flashed it anyways. Unfortunately it does bring up the menus, but changing the regions doesn't actually work. Region locked discs still get ejected and say invalid region. Shame the firmware that was released right before this one can't be found.

Thanks for trying though.
post #995 of 1008 Old 04-30-2011, 04:52 PM

Exact same story here.

Got a link to an earlier release?
post #996 of 1008 Old 05-11-2011, 01:50 PM

Update. D/L and installed the new firmware.

Disabled all network applications.

Re-authorized Netflix from the PC using the code from the player.

Netflix works fine now.

I'm good until I want to play a region 2 disc!!
post #997 of 1008 Old 06-04-2011, 06:18 AM

Back to the old Netflix green screen again. Player worked for a day or two.
I can play Netflix films, but when I stop them, I get the green screen.

I have to power down the Blu-Ray player in order to select another Netflix stream.
post #998 of 1008 Old 07-19-2011, 10:06 PM

Has anyone found older firmware for this yet? I have spent all night searching everywhere - putting various filenames into Insignia URLs, the whole nine yards - and I still can't find an older firmware model than the one most recently posted here, which does not unlock the region free capability.
post #999 of 1008 Old 08-21-2011, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Found one of these and looks like it has 2011 firmware

Anyway to check?
post #1000 of 1008 Old 08-21-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post

Found one of these and looks like it has 2011 firmware

Anyway to check?

No easy way to check the firmware. You have to perform an update to see the firmware version.

Download the firmware 31 iso in post 992 if it's still available. Extract the files from the iso. I used the freeware 7zip to do this. You will have two files: product_software_update.dat and the images folder. Copy these to the root folder of a formatted fat32 usb flash drive. Make sure these are the only files on the flash drive.

Insert the usb drive into the player and turn on the power. You'll see a message showing the player current firmware version and the one to be installed from the flash drive. See post 972 for a photo or download the installation instructions pdf file on Insignia's website:

http://insigniaproducts.com/cms/docu...Guide%20V2.pdf

The last two digits represent the firmware version. If the player current version says 34, then that's the January 2011 firmware. Select Cancel to stop the installation of the update.
post #1001 of 1008 Old 08-29-2011, 12:42 PM

Has anyone had issues with the audio being slightly out of sync with Blu-ray discs after updating to firmware 34? I am also unable to pause any Blu-ray movie. I hit the 'Pause' button and "Pause" appears on the screen but the movie continues and then the audio REALLY gets out of sync.

No issues with DVD's or Netflix.

I'm going to try rolling back to firmware 31 but would appreciate anyone's input as well.
post #1002 of 1008 Old 09-04-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfunk9786 View Post
Has anyone found older firmware for this yet? I have spent all night searching everywhere - putting various filenames into Insignia URLs, the whole nine yards - and I still can't find an older firmware model than the one most recently posted here, which does not unlock the region free capability.
This will give you the zone and region adjustment screen when you open the tray and press 9113 on your remote. Zone and Region change back to 1 and "A" when you turn off your player.

Netflix works but no search feature with this firmware.

Download to a USB and plug into your player. It will ask if you want to update.

http://www.4shared.com/file/_CbSxSU6...Y_53_6903.html
post #1003 of 1008 Old 09-05-2011, 06:33 AM

Thank you.

That firmware works perfectly. Netflix has normal functionality, and the region code changes work as well.

Much appreciated.
post #1004 of 1008 Old 09-05-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astan View Post

This will give you the zone and region adjustment screen when you open the tray and press 9113 on your remote. Zone and Region change back to 1 and "A" when you turn off your player.

Netflix works but no search feature with this firmware.

Download to a USB and plug into your player. It will ask if you want to update.

http://www.4shared.com/file/_CbSxSU6...Y_53_6903.html

Awesome, I've been hoping one of the older region changeable firmwares for the NS-BRDVD3 would be uploaded. Thank you so much for uploading this.

I tried region 7 which says region free, but it just ejected my region 2 DVD upon trying to load it. Inputting the actual region of the disc was required to get it to play.
post #1005 of 1008 Old 09-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
For those of you who love this model Blu-Ray -- NS-BRDVD3, I do/did too. Still do, but I've now moved on to the next model, the Insignia NS-BRDVD4.

I bought my 1st NS-BRDVD3 at Best Buy in Jan 2010, using a Christmas gift card to defray the cost. I liked it so much I then bought a 2nd for the office TV, a refurbished model off eBay ($50 or $60, can't remember now).

Both performed admirably, except for the crazy weak remote control signals. (Yeah, if you read through this thread the problem was found to be the "smoked"/tinted plastic covering the sensor on the front of the player. Someone posted pics of a DIY project to either scrape the crap off that section of the plastic or even just drill a hole in the plastic to uncover the sensor -- both of which fixed the problem.)

Anyway, after over 1.5 years of usage, a couple of months ago first one, then both players started acted wonky. One wouldn't read burned DVDs reliably anymore and the other just froze up a couple of times (it was real hot, but there's plenty of ventilation).

I started researching replacements and rather than buy 2 of the same yet again, I decided to go up one model -- Insignia NS-BDDVD4, but refurbished off eBay, of course! I bought two -- $55 each with free shipping. The Insignia NS-BDDVD4 is a little bit smaller than the NS-BDVD3, has a more polished GUI, but the settings still all seem to be the same.

So far I love both of them, just like I loved the NS-BDVD3.

Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.
post #1006 of 1008 Old 12-20-2011, 09:48 AM

I don't know if anyone is still looking at this , but I have a Wbrdvd 3 and can't unlock the region by following the 9113 code. Any updates on this ?
It looks like I have firmware 13 installed, when I follow the link to insignias page to download an older version it is no longer available.
Is there any chance of unlocking the region on this player?

Thanks for any help.
post #1007 of 1008 Old 12-21-2011, 11:06 AM

Liked: 11
Chelseafc,

Post #475 here may help you:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-pla...budget-24.html
post #1008 of 1008 Old 02-04-2012, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So my parents just bought this version and I had a question about youtube: is there a way to choose what resolution the videos play in? If they're available in 720p/1080p, is there a way to set them to play in that resolution?

Also, I'm sometimes getting videos that are playing with pretty severe bars on the left and right sides. Then other times the video plays completely stretched. No rhyme or reason.

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific." - Michael Caine, on Jaws the Revenge
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Insignia Ns Brdvd3 Blu Ray Disc Player , Roku Streaming Player , Samsung Bd P1600 Blu Ray Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page