Official OPPO BDP-83SE Analog Audio Discussion Only Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-11-2009, 08:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What do you think is the best technical solution? Any thoughts?

1. BDP-83SE
2. BDP-83SE NuForce Edition
3. BDP-83SE with ModWright modification (if available in the future)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2009, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Bingo ..
I'm in the point to re-sell my BD-83 Standard ( HW codefree ) due beeing myself overseas cannot access to Oppo update program
And now I'm valuating what's the best choice !

Really interested into valuate what ModWrite will do with the SE version !!
Old 11-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

Are there ANY mods that increase the output of the HDMI? Or should this question be asked in the other BD-83 thread? Thanks.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post

Are there ANY mods that increase the output of the HDMI? Or should this question be asked in the other BD-83 thread? Thanks.

No mod on the market will have much of an effect on the HDMI output. It's digital, you're dealing with 1s and 0s. Unless some mod substantially changes the chipset or the software involved in upscaling, it will have no effect.

Theres the case of jitter, but in the case of video, the bits are rebuffered before being displayed anyways. In the case of audio, most AVRs will rebuffer it as well.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORLL View Post

1. BDP-83SE

Hopefully, my Modwright unit will be here today (of the non-SE - I missed UPS yesterday). Modwright has indicated he will do the SE, but he also changes the stock power supply so you may end up undoing part of the mod you get with the SE. I have 2 friends who have stock BDP-83s and I will probably sometime from the middle of December to the middle of January have a comparison session between the stock BDP-83 and the Modwright unit and one of them might upgrade theirs to the SE. I've owned Modwright stuff before (had him do an Absolute Truth Mod - $2.6k - to my old Sony XA-777ES) and there is a level of comfort with his work. Not that I'm going to rush out and get another one but I have a secondary basement system and a secondary bedroom system. I current have a Samsung 2500 and an Oppo 980 in the bedroom system. I have a PS3 in the basement and it is highly likely I will move my Marantz DV9600 down there and likely sell my Sony 2000ES CD/SACD changer. While I have other priorites for the systems, it is not out of the question I could consider getting an SE at some point. So I would like to hear it myself.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

For those interested in getting to the NuForce FAQ quickly, here's the link:

http://www.nuforce.com/hi/products/o.../bdp83-faq.php

Jason, thank you for adding the further information to allow us to make a determination about the possibilities of further enhancements.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:29 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

Note carefully that Oppo makes no such claim. It is not Oppo pushing this idea.
--Bob

As a matter of fact here is Oppo's response to pure BS

"There is no improvement in the video of the BDP83SE vs the BDP83. Both have the same processing. The changes in the power supply were only done to support the changes in the analog audio. We have contacted Music Direct to change a few of their descriptions in relation to the BDP83SE."

Now that is what I call a very honest company

Unfortunately, MUSIDIRECT is sleazy and continues the BS of a large number of audiophile companies
Old 11-11-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post

My interpretation is that they are giving you a shipping credit for you shipping them the player.
If you select the -$18 selection, then your upgrade price is reduced by $18 in the cart.
Why there is actually an option that forfeits the $18 credit, is a mystery to me.

Local dropoff/pickup would forfeit the credit, as there would be no shipping back to the customer.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member

Ok, if there is no change to the HDMI output, which I now understand, then will there be an audio advantage to using the 7.1 output from the oppo over the HDMI sound quality? I know I am ignorant to this topic so I am trying to learn. Again, I want to Thank you for your kind, informative responses. This is why i really love this site!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:

Ok, if there is no change to the HDMI output, which I now understand, then will there be an audio advantage to using the 7.1 output from the oppo over the HDMI sound quality? I know I am ignorant to this topic so I am trying to learn. Again, I want to Thank you for your kind, informative responses. This is why i really love this site!

This depends. Are the DACs in your AVR or processor better than the ones in the Oppo? Does the AVR do some form of processing in the digital domain which you require? Can the AVR decode high resolution formats that the Oppo supports?

If you're using the analog output, get the upgrade. If you aren't using the analog output, don't bother.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Well, I am not totally sure..lol
I have the Onkyo SR-806 receiver... Does anyone know which way I will be better off?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Well, I am not totally sure..lol
I have the Onkyo SR-806 receiver... Does anyone know which way I will be better off?

The DACs in the SE are better than the ones in your receiver. However, since the Onkyo appears to re-digitize the input before doing its processing, you are better off using the HDMI input.

Get the regular BDP-83. Save yourself some money.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member

hmmm... well that sucks lol

I am actually trying to figure out if I want to replace my receiver at the moment as well. Not sure if it will negatively affect the PQ of the oppo as well. Any suggestions?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseGoth View Post

Local dropoff/pickup would forfeit the credit, as there would be no shipping back to the customer.

That makes sense. Maybe OPPO should put that info on the page where the credit is calculated.

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
Old 11-11-2009, 10:19 AM

Liked: 11
I hope I'm not violating the policies of this thread by offering the following.

If someone who now owns an Oppo BDP-83 in excellent, like-new, condition (with the original accessories, manuals and box) is intending to purchase a new 83-SE or NuForce rather than to upgrade his existing player, I would consider buying the old 83.

My e-mail is haverabch@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Howard
Old 11-11-2009, 10:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stimby View Post

No mod on the market will have much of an effect on the HDMI output. It's digital, you're dealing with 1s and 0s. Unless some mod substantially changes the chipset or the software involved in upscaling, it will have no effect.

Theres the case of jitter, but in the case of video, the bits are rebuffered before being displayed anyways. In the case of audio, most AVRs will rebuffer it as well.

One HDMI upgrade possibility would be to offer Audio Rate Control.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

Old 11-11-2009, 10:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORLL View Post

1. BDP-83SE

Best for what?

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"

Old 11-11-2009, 10:32 AM

Gents,

having found two companies that modify OPPO 83 players and wanted to know who would be the best to use and why please.

Customs HT or ModWright

Thanks
Old 11-11-2009, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

One HDMI upgrade possibility would be to offer Audio Rate Control.

By all means elaborate
Old 11-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

Look, I am just trying to get the best HT experience I can. Best sound, and best picture. I am an Army guy so I can not afford all of the crazy "uber-high-end" equipment. I have to make the best of what I can afford.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1224 View Post

Gents,

having found two companies that modify OPPO 83 players and wanted to know who would be the best to use and why please.

Customs HT or ModWright

Thanks

Add Ric Schultz to the list.

http://www.tweakaudio.com/EVS-2/Oppo_BDP-83_Mods.html

I went with Ric because he is a experienced, old school 2ch guy and he has the ears for it.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by img eL View Post

By all means elaborate

Similar to Sony's H.A.T.S. and Pioneer's PQLS. See: http://www.hdmi.org/download/HDMISpecification13a.pdf

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"

Old 11-11-2009, 11:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

Similar to Sony's H.A.T.S. and Pioneer's PQLS. See: http://www.hdmi.org/download/HDMISpecification13a.pdf

11-04-08, 05:21 PM #2063 | Link welwynnick
Advanced Member

Hmmm, where to start? Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmMixer
While I think your post contains some good information, I think there are some basic inaccuracies.

Quote:

FilmMixer, I think it was your posts more than anything that convinced me that I should get an SC-05, and my understanding of PQLS that I should pair it with a BDP-51. I was trying to explain why, but the post was long enough for most folks, and I missed out quite a bit of information. Let me explain...
Quote:
How can you say it's not proprietary? It's a two way HDMI communication that only works with four products in the Pioneer line up. PQLS is a proprietary Pioneer trade name for it's tech, and doesn't describe any kind of industry standard.
You can't use the PQLS feature with non-Pioneer equipment... which makes it proprietary. It's not a standard like 1394.
The idea isn't unique (like Denon's D-Link, which was one of the first to market) but other manufacturers aren't just name branding it.. these are unique variants to get the same job done (eliminating jitter) using proprietary tech to accomplish it.

Quote:

I repeat, PQLS is not proprietary, its not restricted to Pioneer, and it's not even limited to HDMI. Its just Pioneers name for an industry-standard digital audio interface protocol that has actually been in use for several years.

For those with short memories, PQLS was Pioneers name for the Audio & Music protocol on firewire that was called i-link. To their credit, Pioneer was first out the blocks with i-link, but all the other majors followed soon after. They could only do this because it was an industry standard. It was called IEC 61883-6 IIRC.

Sony produced players and amps with i-link, but they called it HATS. They didn't guarantee interoperability with other makers i-links, but everyone quickly found that they all worked together. I have a Pio DV79 with PQLS and a Sony AVR with HATS, and they work perfectly.

Denon did support i-link, but went their own way with Denon Link. There's less information about that, and I understand it works in the same way as i-link, but using ethernet instead of firewire as the physical bearer channel. There were some audio advantages with this, but denon link WAS a proprietary interface, and nobody else used it.

PQLS is now being used on HDMI, and its defined in the HDMI V1.3a spec. See p111 section 7.11:

Quote:
Audio Rate Control Overview
The Audio Rate Control feature allows a Sink to slightly and continuously adjust the audio clock rate of the Source in order to match the Sink’s crystal-based audio clock. The Sink controls the Source’s audio clock rate with the CEC command. See CEC Supplement section CEC 13.16 for details.
Source ACR behavior is not affected by Audio Rate Control. When Audio Rate Control is enabled the Source shall continue to generate correct ACR packets that accurately reflect the current (possibly adjusted) audio clock rate.

Quote:

This is the same way that PQLS and HATS etc worked on i-link, only now its applied to HDMI and its called Audio Rate Control. Pioneer actually mentions ARC in some of its promotional literature. I was the person that first flagged up the opportunities for ARC back in July last year, and predicted that manaufacturers could use it to minimise jitter in the same way that i-link did.

Well, now Pioneer and Sony are doing this, and others like Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo and Integra etc are bound to follow. ARC has a better chance of becoming well established as HDMI is the way forwards (for better or for worse) in a way that i-link would never be. Coincidentally, Sony are calling their ARC implemention HATS, just as they did with i-link. As before, no-one will say they are compatible as they weren't developed side by side, but any day now someone will connect a Sony player with HATS to a Pioneer amp with PQLS, and my money says it will work because they are working to the same standard. maybe its not been done yet, but remember where you heard it first!

Quote:
With the Denon and Pioneer implimentation, you sure are.

There are very few pieces of gear that allow for external clock inputs, which surprises me. That is the true audiophile solution.

Quote:

Thats a very effective solution, but it seems to be confined to high end stuff like dCs. Although a synchronous digital audio architecture is probably the ideal, its not an external clock in itself that is desirable, simply that the clock should be close to the DAC, and that it should avoid a compromised interface like spdif or hdmi. External clocks aren't mainstream though, and i-link, denon-link and PQLS are pragmatic solutions that everyone can use.

Quote:
I've never heard that the data is what is the cause of jitter... it is the lack of a common clock, not the audio.

And SPDIF has no clock. Biphase mark code is not a clock.

Quote:

Jitter is a temporal error, not data degradation.

Most high end processors (Denon AVP and Anthem D2, for example) reclock digital inputs anyways.
Jitter is caused by everything as far as I can tell, and audio data is just one thing. There's an important thing to explain. Digital audio has two information streams - ampitude info (data) and timing info (clock). Both these streams are necessary to reproduce the audio. The amplitude info comes from the disc (or whatever) and the timing info comes from the master audio clock. Jitter is indeed a temporal error, but it only affects the tiing info. Jitter is not carried by the data at all. Its the quality of the chain from the clock to the DAC that affects jitter, the data is generally robust and doesn't enter into it. Stereo and MC equipment can re-clock digital audio, so there is a slave audio clock as well as the master, but these don't work as well in practice as they do in theory (or in marketing stuff). The real solution is to keep the clock next to the DAC and keep everything else out of the way.

Quote:
The clock signal doesn't travel between the transport and and AVR/SSP in most cases... it is PCM, and that is what is susceptable to jitter, not a "clock signal."

Quote:

In general it does. Spdif, toslink, I2S and HDMI can all carry a clock, though they do it in different ways. Sure, compressed audio can't carry a clock, but where there's LPCM theres a clock, even if it doesn't have it's own channel. In spdif the clock is embedded into the data, and travels from the player to the AVR. With DD or DTS, the clock is only generated by the decoder in the AVR, and doesn't travel over the link. HDMI is different, as the audio timing info is carried over the video clock and CEC channels, but thats another matter.

Quote:
It really isn't important where the clock is.. what is important is that all digital pieces of gear in a chain share the same clock...

Quote:

The whole point of i-link or PQLS is that the clock is indeed where the DAC is - otherwise there would be no point or benefit. Yes, you have to share the clock , but the quality of the clock must be preserved or proritised for the DAC, and can be relaxed for the transport. It really doesn't matter if the clock suffers degradation going from the AVR to the player - the data will still come out just fine.

Quote:
It's not as important that it works for BR and DVD if you are bitstreaming (although PCM is susceptible to it)..

Jitter has nothing to do with AV syncronization... a frame of video contains 48,000 24 bit audio words per channel... jitter occurs at the thousands of a second level.

Bitstream codecs are immune to jitter...
Quote:

This is a huge subject, and probably beyond this thread. It depends on the architecture of the AVR, and how it regenerates the audio clock. When HDMI is used to carry DTHD & DTS MA to the AVR, the audio clock may be generated from the video clock, so it will still be prone to jitter, but the HDMI spec doesn't lay down the law here, and receivers may do things differently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by catapult
Yeah, what FilmMixer said about PQLS. All these HDMI receivers buffer and reclock the PCM. As long as the buffer is big enough, PQLS isn't needed. In dr1394's testing, he played a whole CD with the older firewire Pioneer combo and never saw a single 'speed up' or 'slow down' command meaning the buffer never overflowed or underflowed and PQLS wasn't required with that combo. Until I see some actual jitter measurements, I'll remain skeptical that the 'improved sound' with PQLS is anything more than the placebo effect.

Quote:

All this is irrelevant. 1394 i-link doesn't carry jitter from a player to the AVR, because it doesn't carry the timing info in that direction. Its a simple as that. The data can have pretty much all the jitter it likes, but the clock won't suffer from ANY of it.

Quote:
Pioneer didn't think it was big enough a deal to include it on the flagship 09.

Quote:

Yes they did - that has i-link inputs!

BR, Nick

~Dave

...Theater Room Setup...
JVC DLA-RS40-U... Oppo BDP-105D... Toshiba HD-XA2... Uverse VIP-2250... Roku Streaming Stick... Emotiva XPA-3... Onkyo TX-SR805
JBL LC2 (x3) ... JBL L820 (x6) ... SVS PB10-ISD (x2) ... SVS 20-39-PCI
Old 11-11-2009, 11:27 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearchan View Post

Add Ric Schultz to the list.

http://www.tweakaudio.com/EVS-2/Oppo_BDP-83_Mods.html

I went with Ric because he is a experienced, old school 2ch guy and he has the ears for it.

I updated my post #90, but I think this is the full comparator list that I know about (so far):

Oppo BDP-83 - $499
BDP-83SE - $899
BDP-83SE NuForce Edition - $1295
BDP-83 Modwright modification - $950 - $1495
Ric Shultz - $195-$1585 (see below)
Customs HT - link - $999 - $1799
Theta Compli Blu - $2995 (orig: $4995) - (Theta Digital link), AVS threads: link & link
Lexicon BD-30 - $3499
Ayre DX-5 - ~$10,000

Mike

More details...

Versions we will offer officially with rough MSRP pricing (discounts will follow):

Oppo BDP-83CHT "Digital Transport Ed." MSRP 999$
-Upgraded power supply with Toroidal Isolation Transformer
-High-end extremely low jitter clock upgrade
-Disabling of analog audio section for ultimate low noise digital performance
-Gold plated rear capping of analog RCA audio connectors
-Complete copper shielding of upper case for shielding of interference
-Choice of 120v or 240v input & supplied with exact power cable needed for your country

Oppo BDP-83CHT "Digital Transport HD-SDI Ed." MSRP 1799$
-High-end direct HD-SDI output delivering pure decoder signal of HD and SD signals(1080p/24 and 480i/576i)
-Choice of 120v or 240v input & supplied with exact power cable needed for your country

Oppo BDP-83CHT "Digital Transport Meridian Ed." MSRP 1399$
-Modified for pure direct PCM 4x S/PDIF digital output (full 8 channels) for Lexicon/Meridian etc.
-Gold plated rear capping of analog RCA audio connectors to remove a noise gate

Oppo BDP-83CHT "Ultimate Analog Audio Ed." MSRP 1499$
-Dedicated 2nd power supply for analog audio section with Toroidal Isolation Transformer
-Updated capacitor section of all 10 audio channels for ultimate sound quality

Oppo BDP-83 "Stock Oppo with HD-SDI" MSRP 1299$
-High-end direct HD-SDI output delivering pure decoder signal of HD and SD signals(1080p/24 and 480i/576i)

Oppo BDP-83 "Stock Oppo with Meridian 8 Ch. PCM" MSRP 949$
-Modified for pure direct PCM 4xS/PDIF digital output (full 8 channels) for Lexicon/Meridian etc.

All out two channel, all out multichannel and HDMI/coax out mod:
$195 for the basic mod
$350 for the all out two channel mods
$400 for the all out multichannel mods
$350 for the EVS Clock 2
$75 for the Jensen cap
$40 for the better 2 channel output jacks

....basically everything I currently offer = $1410.
or $1585 with dual mono front channels (add $15 for multichannel disconnect switches).
Balanced outs and volume control/headphone outs cannot be done with the multichannel mods.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Look, I am just trying to get the best HT experience I can. Best sound, and best picture. I am an Army guy so I can not afford all of the crazy "uber-high-end" equipment. I have to make the best of what I can afford.

Thanks again for your help.

First off, Happy Veteran’s Day & thank you for your service to our country (wish there was a “salute” emoticon).

Your receiver has Audyssey MultiEQ which is wonderful (I have a Denon avr-1909 which also has this). I went w/ HDMI & utilize the AVR DAC/ Audyssey MultiEQ processing cause I thought it sounded better (as do some others on here) for my system & room vs. analog cable hook-up utilizing the Oppo BDP-83 DAC’s sans AVR Audyssey MultiEQ.

There are many variables that effect one's personal preference: HT/ music % useage, type/ quality speakers & no. used, room conditions (problematic vs. ideal or somewhere in-between, etc..).

Now the BDP-83SE analog sound may be some/ or significantly better. I’m definitely interested in a possible upgrade. Since I'm on the fence though, I will let others be the guinea pigs first (thanks in advance to those who compare).
Old 11-11-2009, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Look, I am just trying to get the best HT experience I can....

You already have, or will, with a -83. With your HDMI capable AVR, and as stated above about the benefits of Audyssey, you're all set for wonderful audio and video quality with the standard edition. The SE version is really meant to tweak those systems that need to rely on the multi-channel analog path for their non-HDMI AVR, or for those that want to gain audiophile grade playback of two channel recordings. For your hard earned dollars, stick with the -83.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:

You should find out for sure if your receiver's multi-channel analog inputs do A/D conversion. If it doesn't then the Oppo's analog outs may be an improvement to your Onkyo's DA conversion. You may lose the benefits of Audyssey along the way though, so if you have a problematic room you may be worse off.

I couldn't find specific info on the DAC's used in your receiver other than they come from Cirrus. The fact that the specific DAC used has not been divulged is an indicator that the DAC's are probably not top-of-the-line. The standard Oppo BDP-83 also uses a pretty average Cirrus DAC for multi-channel.

Having said all that, if your primary use for your system is just watching movies you may not notice a huge difference one way or the other, whether its your receiver, the BDP-83 or the BDP-83SE doing the conversion. If you plan to do serious 2-channel listening, then the SE version may be worthwhile, otherwise it's hard to justify the price.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hef View Post

For those interested in getting to the NuForce FAQ quickly, here's the link:

http://www.nuforce.com/hi/products/o.../bdp83-faq.php

Jason, thank you for adding the further information to allow us to make a determination about the possibilities of further enhancements.

That's very helpful, and well written.

Oppo Beta Group
Old 11-11-2009, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_WI View Post

I updated my post #90, but I think this is the full comparator list that I know about (so far):

Nice list, Mike.. although you left out the $299 Oppo mod for present base BDP83 owners.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_WI View Post

Oppo BDP-83 - $499
BDP-83SE - $899
BDP-83SE NuForce Edition - $1295
BDP-83 Modwright modification - $950 - $1495
Theta Compli Blu - $2995 (orig: $4995) - (Theta Digital link), AVS threads: link & link
Lexicon BD-30 - $3499
Ayre DX-5 - ~$10,000

Mike

More details...

Versions we will offer officially with rough MSRP pricing (discounts will follow):

Oppo BDP-83CHT "Digital Transport Ed." MSRP 999$

Oppo BDP-83CHT "Digital Transport HD-SDI Ed." MSRP 1799$

Oppo BDP-83CHT "Digital Transport Meridian Ed." MSRP 1399$
-Modified for pure direct PCM 4x S/PDIF digital output (full 8 channels) for Lexicon/Meridian etc.
-Gold plated rear capping of analog RCA audio connectors to remove a noise gate

Oppo BDP-83CHT "Ultimate Analog Audio Ed." MSRP 1499$
-Dedicated 2nd power supply for analog audio section with Toroidal Isolation Transformer
-Updated capacitor section of all 10 audio channels for ultimate sound quality

Oppo BDP-83 "Stock Oppo with HD-SDI" MSRP 1299$

Oppo BDP-83 "Stock Oppo with Meridian 8 Ch. PCM" MSRP 949$
-Modified for pure direct PCM 4xS/PDIF digital output (full 8 channels) for Lexicon/Meridian etc.

All out two channel, all out multichannel and HDMI/coax out mod:
$195 for the basic mod
$350 for the all out two channel mods
$400 for the all out multichannel mods
$350 for the EVS Clock 2
$75 for the Jensen cap
$40 for the better 2 channel output jacks

....basically everything I currently offer = $1410.
or $1585 with dual mono front channels (add $15 for multichannel disconnect switches).
Balanced outs and volume control/headphone outs cannot be done with the multichannel mods.

Thanks, i have emailed all of the above and see what they come back with