Official OPPO BDP-80 Owner's Thread - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 381
What are we all expecting from a $289 player that will play just about every type of format thrown at it, has 7.1 analogue outputs, 2 USB ports, and great customer service (maybe even streaming someday - not that I care), etc., etc.? if you look at the testing performed on just about every player made by Winston (thank you again) using the same test material you will see this player performs very well and does better than more expensive players on a number of tests. I think trying to compare this player to an equipment costing thousands of dollars is waste of time for those reading this thread. Most people considering/buying this player would not use it for video processing if they happened to own something with a Realta chip or a dedicated video processor (come on) - but then most people who buy this player will be doing so because they want a good player for the bedroom, a universal player at incredible price or stepping up from a Sony 360, Samsung 1600, etc.

What I am seeing here are the same issues that came up with the release of the 83 - when people wanted to compare it to players or video processors that cost thousands more - can you say Denon. I think we need to get back on track and look at how this compares to the mass quantity blu-ray player market and its main competitor the Pioneer 320. People looking to buy this player need to know why it is worth paying $100 or so more for it vs. the other players in its market or why you can buy this one and get what you need without spending 100s more for a 83 or Cambridge for example.

CPCAT you have some great equipment and know what you are talking about without a doubt (that's a compliment to just make it clear), comments about the 83 vs. other equipment belong on another thread and I don't think you're being fair in what you seek to compare this player (80) to and possibly the 83 as well. Just my Sunday morning quarterback opinion - yes I am getting ready for the Super Bowl

One day with the 80 and I am very impressed with what I have for $289. Is it as good as my 83 - no - but who expects it to be? Dave, I still think OPPO needs to hire you as Director of Marketing/Sales.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the the kind post.

Actually, one of the implications of all of this for potential/actual bdp-80 owners is this: whether you own a 40 or a 200 inch screen the bdp-80 may do just fine for your needs. I suspect the scaling is at least comparable (where's that pic already!) to the bdp-83 and although the deinterlacing on the 83 is likely better actual differences would come up only uncommonly with film-sourced DVD's.
post #1173 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

What are we all expecting from a $289 player that will play just about every type of format thrown at it, has 7.1 analogue outputs, 2 USB ports, and great customer service (maybe even streaming someday - not that I care), etc., etc.?

One day with the 80 and I am very impressed with what I have for $289. Is it as good as my 83 - no - but who expects it to be? Dave, I still think OPPO needs to hire you as Director of Marketing/Sales.

I don't have the 83 but with such glowing reviews and praise, I didn't hesitate to get the 80. Doesn't mean I would necessarily get a "sleeper" so to speak which I feel the player actually is but there really wasn't any risk with the return policy besides.

Versus the Pioneer 320? Well I didn't end up doing comparisons myself with my AVR and LCD BUT I returned the 320 after witnessing the 80, not vice versa. I had the 320 for about two weeks, the 80 at that time only a few days. Even if it would be dead even, I do have software for SACD and DVD-A even though I paid a lower price for the 320.
post #1174 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Again, after one day only and testing it on a 50" Kuro for DVD playback only I have to respectfully, but strongly disagree. The 80 is a very good upconverter especially compared to the players I own to test it against (Pannys, Sony and a few top notch HD-DVD players), but it doesn't have anywhere near the number of picture adjustments that the 83 has due to the chip difference - so you can't dial the picture in they way you can on the 83 based on the display you are using or your viewing environment. I suspect most people who buy this player will know it has limited picture settings and not care since it is a second player/they want a universal player for under $300 (me) or they will not know that they are missing since they don't spend all the time we do reading these threads.
post #1175 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Most with a decent digital display will have very similar picture controls on the display itself. I wouldn't put too much value on having them available in the player although I wouldn't call it "worthless" either.

Your Kuro also has those same (or similar) settings for the most part and is no slouch at applying them.
post #1176 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Its a non-Elite so while it does have processing power the ability to tweak is limited, so the value of the 83's controls is a little more significant to me. However I did have it calibrated so it does render a very good picture - thank you DNice. The 80 is being paired with an XBR9, so far what I see with those two paired together this morning is very satisfying. For what I was seeking for a player to use with this TV the 80 is perfect (remember my version of a serious HT setup is elsewhere). I have a very fast player (no more trips downstairs to get a bottle of vino, glass out of cupboard, opening the bottle and sitting back down - have to be ready now), I can now play my growing SACD/DVDA collection upstairs (audio quality of the 80 has been a surprise), and very good upconversion for those times my wife wants to watch something like Sophie's Choice that has yet to come out on blu-ray. That's when I'm glad the Kuro and 83 are downstairs

P.S. My wife is no videophile, but to her credit when we looked at displays last year she immediately picked out the Kuro. I have to love her for that, but my only regret is that we weren't somewhere that had Elites as well. Yes she was with me because I value my marriage and didn't want to try to sneak a 50" plasma by her - not. Sneaking a new 80 into the house - easy.
post #1177 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post

The unknown though is actually "how much time" one had actually spent with the player and "what" specific software was tried. I almost always have asked that when I'm very interested in a player.

Were you a beta tester??

And I also look at what the general consenus is. Obviously folks don't have the same equipment they utilized or the same software for trial but I always raise a flag at deviation from the consenus to understand why.

BTW, I'm interested in the Denon 2809 AVR as an upgrade to my Onkyo SR605. I prefer an analog signal for SACDs versus HDMI. My speakers are in the midrange level (Monitor Audios Gold Series all the way round), and they perform admirably.

I own the set, and I am not a beta tester. What is important is what I see, and I don't need to rave about everything in the Oppo. It has its pros and cons.

I have done comparisons with the Oppo BD 83 & SE, and will do another shootout later on when I have time.
I just re-did my HT room.
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...IMVmeal002.jpg
Thats the Oppo sitting below my HD DVD player...
Cheers.
post #1178 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

/\\ /\\
Cool pic. Reminds me a little of the movie Wall-E.
post #1179 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I stopped taking Stereophile, Absolute Sound, Glass Audio, etc about 7 or 8 years ago after getting a bit burned out, and thought I was cured. It is starting to creep back in. My interest in vacuum tube amps has been rekindled, and I am setting up a Dynaco St70 thinking to pair it with the Onkyo 805, for the SACD. Of course this brings my thoughts to the dedicated stereo outs on the 83, and should I dig out a tube preamp, etc, it goes on and on. I had thought at one time of setting up 5.1 with tubes, but was able to overcome that urge and now the thought of the SACD through the 80, which is arriving tomorrow, is coming to the fore. I want to keep it simple, and the Onkyo 805 has more capabilities than I thought(I just read more of the manual. The back lit remote arrived yesterday,(ordered Tuesday). I will try to control the "giddiness" i've been afflicted with till UPS gets here tomorrow afternoon, or then again maybe I will just let it run, could be fun. ron
post #1180 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 08:36 AM

Liked: 11
a simple review on the 80 from just a casual HT enthusiast.

coming from a Panny BD10a, there is only one thing to say

SPEED, SPEED, SPEED!

this is one fast player compared to what I had.

that was the number one reason to get the Oppo. the second I turned it on with the Twilight disc it was evident. on the panny, it'd take over 3 minutes. the oppo is definitely around 1 minute. not a big deal if you go get a drink/snack, but this speed was a blessing when my kid came by and accidentally hit the power off button.

I'm hooking up to a 46" sony LCD and hooking up 5.1 analogues. I didn't expect much of a video improvement with BD over the Panny and that's pretty much what I got. Blu-ray is blu-ray IMHO. The analogue out on the BD80 was a welcome surprise on the cheaper Oppo and I am very appreciative to save the $200 over the 83 which I always balked on getting (2nd reason to buy the Oppo).

SOUND: I now have DTS-MA instead of DTS-HD on the Panny so it's definitely clearer on the surround. I noticed a lot more movies using DTS-MS instead of DD trueHD so it was the 3rd reason to get the Oppo.

I haven't fine tuned the sound in the setup, just setting the speaker distances and relying on the simple -5.0db on all channels and +5.0dB on the subwoofer since this is an analogue set up.

It's hard to compare sound with the panny given all the cable swaps, but the first few demo discs on the oppo showed the sound wasn't harsh or bright and definitely laid back.

it was more evident on CD playback, but I won't be listening to CD's with the the Oppo. I may buy a SACD or two just to test it out more but for the most part, I have a music server to a Musical Fidelity DAC (24bit/96kHz) and that sounds noticeable better immediately when switching back and forth with the same tracks.

conclusion: speed and DTS-MA were two features I was waiting for the perfect player to justify an upgrade on my Panny 10a. Lots of 2nd/3rd generation players were better but none were significantly better. The Oppo 80 has the three features that I wanted in one player.

all the chatter about DVD up conversion, screen size, audio quality are really unnecessary debate for me. I'm happy with the perfect BD player when it comes to above average quality and the full feature set I needed.

the few DVD's I did pop in are just DVD's. it's evident I'm playing a DVD so I just watch the movie and not stress about a pixel out of place.
post #1181 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

smurray: The XBR9's pic controls/adjustments are no slouch either.
post #1182 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
I was wondering if I would lose a lot on the 2ch analog audio performance if I go with the 80 instead of the 83.

I am not planning to spend the extra on the 83SE so I like to decide between the 80 and 83. I saw in one of the posts that 80 has the basic analog output and 83 has the upgraded analog outputs. I am not sure what this means. I dont mind using the 7.1 analog outputs but is there a difference in the sound quality between the analog outputs of 80 and 83? or in other words, do they use different DACs?

I would appreciate some feedback.
BTW I am planning to use this as a CD player also. Hence the concern for 2ch analog audio performance. I dont own any DVD's so DVD play back is not at all my concern.
post #1183 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcat View Post

Re: DVD upconversion. Everyone pretty much has taken Oppo's word on this. I've seen little in the way of test results actually comfirming it. I'd be frankly surprised if the scaling on the 83 is signifcantly better than the 80 as the 83's scaling isn't that great. The deinterlacing most likely is better on the 83 but for film sourced DVD's differences would only be seen rarely i.e. with difficult sequences, bad edits, variable cadences, etc.

Quote:

Sharpness is by in large edge enhancement. This may be preferred by some and is up to the discretion of the viewer to add it but most certainly does not indicate superior image processing. The ringing artifact produced by the 83's ABT scaling will also produce an effect similar to edge enhancement.

I'm using the Denon DVP-602ci video processor (Realta based). My aim is not to necessarily promote Denon nor Realta in this thread.

cpcat,

You finally got the "Oppo"rtunity to get your HQV Realta mention in. We are talking about the implementations in stand alone players and not video processors. There are just as many people that like the ABT versus the Realta I suspect. I've seen a similar post from you on another thread. I get it! You like the HQV Realta. It all comes down to preference. I prefer the ABT in my Oppo versus the Realta in my Denon. I'm not saying the ABT is better, but I prefer it.

Respectfully,
Willie

Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD

Zektor MAS7.1

Classé CA-2200/CA-5200

Oppo BDP-105, Denon DVD-5910CI, Cambridge 752BD, Cambridge 640C V2

Paradigm Signature S8, Paradigm Signature ADP1

Paradigm Signature ADP3, Paradigm Signature C5

REL R-505 Sub (2)

Oppo BDP-93, BDP-103D, Pioneer BDP-320

Sony BDP-S790

post #1184 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'd love to see a pic of the scaling performance of the bdp-80 from an owner. If you can take a closeup of the 480p AVIA sharpness pattern similar to the one shown below it would be interesting to compare the scaling performance to that of the bdp-83 (ABT 2010). You need to set the bdp-80 to 1080p output and the pic needs to be taken from a 1080p display to be accurate and furthermore you need to disable all edge enhancement (sharpness) in both the player and display. Note the halo artifact (ringing) produced by the bdp-83 and compare it to that of the Sony vpl-vw60 display's scaling and both the Realta and Reon scaling in the subsequent pics.

cpcat,

It was just a matter of time until you broke out the photos AGAIN. Neither the ABT or the Realta are the holy grail of video processing. You post photos that only support you argument. Again, we get it! You prefer the Realta. Unfortunately, people are cosidering the BDP-80 or the BDP-83 for DVD playback, which neither is Realta based. You've already made your argument for the Realta in another thread. Can we get back to talking about the BDP-80 and related questions or comments?

Respectfully,
Willie

Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD

Zektor MAS7.1

Classé CA-2200/CA-5200

REL R-505 Sub (2)

Sony BDP-S790

post #1185 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I wish there were a chuckle icon.

In all seriousness I would encourage others to make objective comparisons on their own and NOT depend solely on so-called "professional reviewers". Otherwise, it doesn't leave much other than anectdotal owner reports to go on.

The lack of or presence of ringing is an easy test to perform (see my prior post with the pics for instructions) and furthermore IMO we should be allowed to decide for ourselves what info is "worthless" and what isn't and not depend on someone else to decide this for us.

cpcat,

You are entitled to your opinion, but it has little or no value on this thread. Again, people are asking about Oppo's "screen size" comment as it relates to the BDP-80 and people are trying to decide if it is worth it to jump to the BDP-83 for possibly better DVD playback. Some think yes and some think no. None of this conversation has anything to do with your photos or the Realta. We can all find things about any product to support or validate our decision to purchase it. Most of what you have posted in this thread has little value in my opinion.

Are you interested in buying a BDP-80? If so, ask a specific question and we'll see if we can answer it.

Respectfully,
Willie

Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD

Zektor MAS7.1

Classé CA-2200/CA-5200

REL R-505 Sub (2)

Sony BDP-S790

post #1186 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 09:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mupi View Post

I was wondering if I would lose a lot on the 2ch analog audio performance if I go with the 80 instead of the 83.

I am not planning to spend the extra on the 83SE so I like to decide between the 80 and 83. I saw in one of the posts that 80 has the basic analog output and 83 has the upgraded analog outputs. I am not sure what this means. I dont mind using the 7.1 analog outputs but is there a difference in the sound quality between the analog outputs of 80 and 83? or in other words, do they use different DACs?

Yes. The -80 uses a single DAC chip which is of a slightly lesser cost/quality. It is essentially the same DAC and board as used in the Oppo 983 DVD player.
The -83 uses a separate dedicated DAC for the stereo output which is of higher cost/quality, and also uses a separate higher cost/quality DAC for the multi-channel outputs.

Is the difference noticeable? Open question that depends entirely on the audio system in use and the listener's experience. The answer ranges from "no difference" to "huge difference" and every thing in between. I hear a difference, but it does not prevent me from enjoying anything.

Of course, for CD you also have the option of using SPDIF or HDMI for digital output which puts the 2 players on a level field quality-wise. It's VERY important to note that virtually all digital AVRs convert the stereo analog inputs to digital for processing. This may or may not impact what you hear.
post #1187 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerwi View Post

Are you interested in buying a BDP-80? If so, ask a specific question and we'll see if we can answer it.

I'd love to see a pic of the 480p AVIA sharpness pattern from your bdp-80 (using the instructions in the earlier post and assuming you have a 1080p display) if you really want to help.

Quote:

Most of what you have posted in this thread has little value in my opinion.:confused

Respectfully,
Willie

:

Thanks Willie.
Respectfully,
cpcat
post #1188 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

cpcat,

You are entitled to your opinion, but it has little or no value on this thread. Again, people are asking about Oppo's "screen size" comment as it relates to the BDP-80 and people are trying to decide if it is worth it to jump to the BDP-83 for possibly better DVD playback. Some think yes and some think no. None of this conversation has anything to do with your photos or the Realta. We can all find things about any product to support or validate our decision to purchase it. Most of what you have posted in this thread has little value in my opinion.

Respectfully,
Willie

I still don't know if i should buy the OPPO83 or 80. I do know i want the best playback of SD-DVD i can get with my 50" Kuro. I don't even own a Bluray player. I have no problem paying $500 for a player since i paid $800 and $1200 for my Pioneer Elites DV-37 and DV 59 AVI DVD players.

Seems i should just get the OPPO83 and call it a day.

Panny 60VT60 Acurus 200x3
Pioneer Elite 05FD &51FD
2 Oppo 83's Pioneer Elite DV 59AVI
Paradigm SIg2 v3's & 490cc
Pioneer Elite SC61 SVS SB12NSD
2 S-VHS VCR's
post #1189 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

cpcat,

The photos most certainly are very relevant to exactly the question you are referring to. BTW I included the Reon/Realta pics simply for illustration and I thought I was clear about not trying to promote another player or manufacturer.

Just presume that you made pics from the 480p AVIA sharpness pattern on your 1080p display from both the bdp-80 and bdp-83 and with both players set for 1080p output (therefore showing both players scaling from 480 to 1080). Further, presume that those pics showed either about the same sort of artifact or even less artifact produced by the bpd-80 vs. the bdp-83. Don't you think that would be interesting data for a prospective buyer trying to decide whether to pay over 200 dollars extra for the -83 with regards to "upscaling" ability?

As I have said already, deinterlacing almost certainly is superior on the bdp-83. However, with film-sourced DVD, actual differences seen on program material will be only uncommonly seen.
post #1190 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 11:05 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:

The photos most certainly are very relevant to exactly the question you are referring to. BTW I included the Reon/Realta pics simply for illustration and I thought I was clear about not trying to promote another player or manufacturer.

I'm sure the moderators would not object to you starting a general player comparison, testing, evaluation and screenshort thread. Better there than here.

We also have the Oppo BDP-83 versus other blu ray players thread, since many of your comparisons regard that player.

-Bill
post #1191 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

I'm sure the moderators would not object to you starting a general player comparison, testing, evaluation and screenshort thread. Better there than here.

We also have the Oppo BDP-83 versus other blu ray players thread, since many of your comparisons regard that player.

-Bill

A discussion and even illustration of the video performance attributes of this bd/dvd player in comparison to its more expensive sibling is perfectly germane to this thread.
post #1192 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

A discussion and even illustration of the video performance attributes of this bd/dvd player in comparison to its more expensive sibling is perfectly germane to this thread.

Exactly.

This thread has been rampant with subjective comments and speculation regarding the -83/-80 DVD comparison.

Many prospective purchasers would like to see the 480p AVIA sharpness pattern comparison.

Or, should someone start an Official Oppo BDP-80 Prospective Purchaser's Thread?

Problem is, there wouldn't be any owners there to answer questions.
post #1193 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

Is the power cord a standard PC type? and from the photo posted a few pages back it looks to be 2 pronged?

Nobody has a clue

edit:
Yep as noted below it's a standard PC cord less the ground, you can use a grounded PC plug on the Oppo(won't ground the Oppo) but couldn't use the Oppo cord on a grounded PC.
post #1194 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Nobody has a clue

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-b...80_back_hr.jpg
post #1195 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 01:06 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Is the power cord a standard PC type? and from the photo posted a few pages back it looks to be 2 pronged?

Yep: two-pronged, no ground. The standard PC power cord definitely has a ground connection.

But you can use a PC cord, the ground just won't be used.

My RPTV-based "Narnia Theater"
post #1196 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 01:20 PM
TRT
AVS Special Member

Poor OppoThey can't win. They built a player that would set a standard others would copy; Player not good enough. They built a player with a suped up analog section: Cost too much and still not good enough. They built a player more afforable without giving up too much: Still not satisfactory.

Reading these threads, it has become clear to me that AVS Forum members must either have multi-million dollar no-compromise systems or waiting for that ultimate home theater experience at a price that will never happen for the rest of eternity. Will someone please make a universal disc player that can do everything and perform at reference levels for $19.95? Please!
post #1197 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 01:33 PM
TRT
AVS Special Member

Here's the player Oppo will have to offer next:
  • $ 19.95 MSRP
    Streaming capability: Everything
    Compatability: Everything
    Chassis colors: Custom
    Load time (All Software) .000001 seconds
    Resolutions: Custom up to 4,000,000P
    Fan noise level: .0000001dB
    Remote: Touchscreen wi-fi enabled with 1,000,000,000 colors
    Warranty: Lifetime money-back including S&H

Even then, there would be millions of dissatisfied postings about the height, width and length of the unit.
post #1198 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petetherock View Post

I don't think I need to agree with other reviews...

Cheers

so petetherock, as I have a very large selection of SD-DVDs can you suggest for me the best bluray player to get as it is very important for me to get the best upscaling possible?

Stelios
post #1199 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 188
I'm finding it interesting that for the first time in my personal experience I'm seeing discussion of upconversion quality that's not on a linear scale. Everywhere else, it's "this one's better than that one, but not as good as the other one." Winston assigns numerical scores indicating he's using a single scale of quality.

Now I see people talking about upconversion in terms of preference for one or another different approach to the function, as if one processor design can produce results that some people might prefer, while another may take a different but equally valid approach that others might like better.

I ask about this in the context of comparing my DVP-80's upscaling to that of my PS3, subjectively and informally. I find them to be noticeably different -- the DVP-80 seems sharper but not more detailed (indicating perhaps more EE?), while the PS3 is a bit softer and less grainy. This is mostly with video-based SD DVDs.

So iis this an issue -- that upscaling can be not "better" or "worse," just... different? And that we might need to concern ourselves not just with which one is better, but which one we might like better?

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #1200 of 3937 Old 02-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRT View Post

Here's the player Oppo will have to offer next:
  • $ 19.95 MSRP
    Streaming capability: Everything
    Compatability: Everything
    Chassis colors: Custom
    Load time (All Software) .000001 seconds
    Resolutions: Custom up to 4,000,000P
    Fan noise level: .0000001dB
    Remote: Touchscreen wi-fi enabled with 1,000,000,000 colors
    Warranty: Lifetime money-back including S&H

Even then, there would be millions of dissatisfied postings about the height, width and length of the unit.

Paint me dissatisfied.

Only 1,000,000,000 colors and not a 20% dissatisfaction grievance bonus in addition to the lifetime money back + S/H guarantee? I can buy a Denon BD player that has 1,000,000,020 colors for $3,000. Clearly the better value.

Back on topic!

I got my 80 yesterday and so far I am pleased. The FW update was prompted as soon as I turned the player on and the process was quick and easy. I already own a PS3 so I'm a bit spoiled with load times, FW support and ease of use with Java heavy titles so I wasn't expecting much in terms of an upgrade BUT I can say that I tested out the Cloverfield BD and enabled the map/info version and it loaded fast and had no issues moving from scene to scene both during normal playback AND when I moved ahead and back from scene to scene.

So far a thumbs up for anyone who wants a solid SA BD player that compares to the PS3.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 80 Blu Ray Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page