Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 1241 Old 12-25-2010, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael503 View Post

Well I've run into an issue, maybe peeps here can advise me.

I have 2 MKVs with subtitles and chapters, burned onto a BD-r. The player plays them fine except... no chapters and no way to select subs. I get an "Item not available" warning when I try.
I've tried MKVmerge 4.4, 4.0 and 3.3. MKVs muxed with 4.4 don't allow me to FF/RW or select multiple audio tracks, or select chapters or enable subs. I just get no subs or chapters with 3.3 and 4.0.

Any input would be helpfull. A solution would be great!

afaik, subtitles and chapters inside MKV container are not supported. A single external subtitle file (.srt) for each MKV works -- doubtful if multiple .srt per MKV is supported.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1241 Old 12-25-2010, 06:52 PM

Thx...
what about chapters? and if so in what format?

Anyone been able to skip or select chapters while playing a MKV, either thru disc, stick or network?
post #813 of 1241 Old 12-26-2010, 09:08 AM

was watching Lost for the first time via streaming Netflix and the picture was just fantastic. so does the player upconvert all sources and if so to what resolution? also what does netflix stream at?

thanks
post #814 of 1241 Old 12-27-2010, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael503 View Post

Thx...
what about chapters? and if so in what format?

Anyone been able to skip or select chapters while playing a MKV, either thru disc, stick or network?

Chapters is not supported either.
post #815 of 1241 Old 12-27-2010, 01:41 PM

Hello All,

I wanted to check here with everyone to see if any of you were having problems with your player and the VUDU application. I have gone through two of these models and can't get my issue solved that I am having with the VUDU application.

The problem that I am having is that I have an audio delay of about a second or two on all VUDU playback. I have tried messing with all the audio/video settings on the blu-ray player and the receiver but nothing fixes the issue. This issue happens whether hooked into the receiver or the tv. All blu-ray/dvd playback is fine as well as all other video streaming services (Netflix, CinemaNow, Hulu Plus, BlockBuster and YouTube). I have also tried to switch out eithernet and hdmi cables as well as the router with no luck either.

I have also tried to hook up my BD-C6500 blu-ray player (usually hooked up to another tv) and this one has no issues whether hooked into the receiver or the tv. So this makes me think that it has to be something with the BD-C6900 itself. Like I sais though, I have exchanged for a new unit and it does the same thing as the first.

I have been on the phone extensively with Samsung, VUDU, and Denon and we can't find a solution. Samsung wants me to send it in for service but I know that wont fix the issue and I am still inside my return/exhange policy with Best Buy. I have considered just exchanging for another BD-C6500 or even the BD-C5500 since I dont need wireless to this one but I want Hulu Plus support and the BD-C6900 and up models are the only ones to support it right now. Now Samsung has told me that it will be supported on other models but couldn't give me an ETA so that means it probably wont happen.

Now as far as my system is concerned I have everyhing hooked up through hdmi and my components are the following:

TV: 56" Samsung HL-T5687S
Receiver: Denon AVR-890
Speakers: Klipsch VC-25 (Center)
Speakers: Klipsch VF-36 (Front)
Speakers: Klipsch VS-14 (Surround)
Speakers: Klipsch SUB-12 (Subwoofer)
Console: 60gb PlayStation 3
Console: 250gb Xbox 360
Console: OnLive Micro-Console
Blu-Ray Player: Samsung BD-C6900
DVR Cable Box: Motororla DCH-6416
Power Conditioner: Monster MP HDP 2500

I am really at a loss here because I like everything else about the model. I also cant find another blu-ray player from a manufacturer that supports all the applications that I want or has the updated Netflix interface. I may just use the PS3 for the meantime and wait for next years models if I can't find a solution before my return policy is up. Please let me know if you guys have any other info or suggestions for me to try out. Thanks for your time!

Chris Stickles
post #816 of 1241 Old 12-28-2010, 11:18 AM

Does anyone have the remote code for this BD Player?
post #817 of 1241 Old 12-28-2010, 02:15 PM

Liked: 177
you know that the BD-C6900 displays wrong colours with high DeltaE values.
ok if you dont have an hardware calibrator you dont know

so why is that?
the colours dont match the colour Gamut i choose at the CIE window.

yellow and green are too saturated and blue/magenta and also red are to low saturated.
my tv(LG 47LX9900) should mange to get to colours spot on in the CIE window.
but with the crappy samsung blu ray player in cant.

so how the **** do you get into the service menu?
it must be a setting for saturation for each colour there
28 pages of crappy talk you should know by now

SERVICE MENU??
post #818 of 1241 Old 12-28-2010, 02:24 PM

Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by weuchsowagan View Post

I just picked up a refurbed 6900, and am having some problems. I was trying to calibrate the TV to the new player, I upgraded from an LG BD390, and the player was unable to read my Spears & Munsil disk.

haha thats no calibration problem
you cant calibrate a tv using your own eyes
learn that fast!
thats disc reading problems man
post #819 of 1241 Old 12-28-2010, 07:02 PM

Does anyone know why the BD-C6900 would play normal DVD's but when a 3D DVD is inserted it does not read it? It automatically rejects and opens the tray. I reinsert the 3D DVD and it attempts to load it but then says it can not load. It will read standard DVD's fine.

I have it connected directly to a UN55C8000 via HDMI 1.4 cables.

Thanks,

Ronnie
post #820 of 1241 Old 12-29-2010, 08:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmily76 View Post

Does anyone know why the BD-C6900 would play normal DVD's but when a 3D DVD is inserted it does not read it? It automatically rejects and opens the tray. I reinsert the 3D DVD and it attempts to load it but then says it can not load. It will read standard DVD's fine.

I have it connected directly to a UN55C8000 via HDMI 1.4 cables.

Thanks,

Ronnie

3D DVD...or did you mean to say 3D Blu-ray? I don't think the 6900 can properly load/read/play a 3D DVD...

Tony
post #821 of 1241 Old 12-29-2010, 09:11 AM

Tony -

Sorry I mean 3D Blu-ray.

Thanks for the advice!!!

I have tried the Shrek 3D Blu-Ray that came with the starter kit and The Last Airbender 3D. Neither movie will load. But if I insert a standard DVD the player plays it fine.
post #822 of 1241 Old 12-29-2010, 11:33 AM

I got through page 21 of this thread without seeing any discussion of the best settings for the 6900, so I thought I'd start one by posting the settings that I found to work best with my new Samsung pn58c800 plasma:

Display
3D - Auto (58 inches)
TV Aspect - 16:9 Wide
BD Wise - OFF*
Resolution - 1080p
HDMI - TV
Movie Frame - ON
Progressive Mode - Auto
Still Mode - Auto
HDMI Deep - Auto

*The reason I emphasized turning BD Wise off is because I've found that using well calibrated settings (which can be found on the various threads dedicated to your TV model) produces a far superior picture. If you decide to turn BD Wise off, make to also do the same on your TV (under "General"). I believe that turning on BD Wise in the 6900 menu causes it to communicate with the TV and automatically turn on this setting on the TV as well. However, turning it off on the 6900 doesn't automatically toggle the setting off on the TV.

You will note that I have Resolution set to 1080p, rather than "AUTO". My theory here is that AUTO passes the signal to the TV in its native format, which would mean that regular DVD's would be upconverted from 480i to 1080p in the TV, rather than in the 6900 if I choose 1080p. In addition, I'm operating under the assumption that the 6900 will do a better job at unconverting than the TV. I might be way off on this so I would appreciate your feedback.

Audio
Digitial Output - Bitstream (Re-encode)
PCM - ON
Dynamic Range Control - Auto
Downmixing - Surround Compatible
DTS Neo:6 - OFF

I should add that I have the 6900 hooked directly to my Denon AVR-2807 receiver via digital optical, but I only have two front speakers and a center channel (i.e., no surround speakers). Can you tell me if I should change my Audio settings for this configuration?

Please let me know if any of you disagree with any of my settings and feel free to post your own. I'm sure this discussion will prove to be very informative for everyone.
post #823 of 1241 Old 01-01-2011, 06:54 PM

I just got the 6900 and hooked it up to my new laservue. I had no problems. The wireless function connected to my wireless router 1st time, updated the player no problem, setup the apps no problems, streaming netflix no problems and played 3d blueray no problem (once i figured out how to get the tv to work with it). I know some people had problems, but I have to say it was really easy to set up and use and the pq is great on the laservue. What I did notice during setup is that if the tv is not programmed and set up for 3d properly, the player will not play in 3d and the menu option will not let you select the 3d option, even if you are connected to a 3d tv.

Once i programmed the 3d function on the tv properly, the 6900 played the 3d blue ray disc flawlessly. I am very pleased with this unit and with netflix, the streaming pq is better than netflix streamed thru our WII.

One question, does the 24fps really make much a difference?
post #824 of 1241 Old 01-02-2011, 12:59 AM

avszilla-

I have an issue where the player will not load a 3D blue ray disc. Even if I unplug the player from any source it will load a standard DVD, but when I insert a 3D blue ray disc it rejects it and the tray opens asking to insert a disc. If you unplug the player to your TV and insert a 3D blue ray disc does it load the disk, or does it reject it?

This is getting really frustrating as I the merchant I purchased it through will not have a replacement until early February. So right now I am attempting to troubleshoot it!!

Thanks....
post #825 of 1241 Old 01-02-2011, 01:31 PM

Just to follow up: the issue with not getting 7.1pcm waa not the fault of the player. I had to update the firmware in the receiver. Works perfect now. What a great player this is!
post #826 of 1241 Old 01-03-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmily76 View Post
avszilla-

I have an issue where the player will not load a 3D blue ray disc. Even if I unplug the player from any source it will load a standard DVD, but when I insert a 3D blue ray disc it rejects it and the tray opens asking to insert a disc. If you unplug the player to your TV and insert a 3D blue ray disc does it load the disk, or does it reject it?

This is getting really frustrating as I the merchant I purchased it through will not have a replacement until early February. So right now I am attempting to troubleshoot it!!

Thanks....
Not sure why your player is not loading the 3d blu ray disc. My player will load and play the 3d blu ray disc, but if it is not connected to the 3d tv, it will not play 3d, but it will load and play the normal version (i.e., 2d). Your player should load a 3d blu ray disc even if your tv does not play 3d and should play in regular 2d mode. However, is it possible that your 3d disc is strictly 3d and does not contain a 2d version? Maybe if it is strictly 3d and you do not have a recognizable 3d tv connection, the player is rejecting it?

You should contact samsung customer service at 1-800-samsung. They have been very helpful in my experiences.
post #827 of 1241 Old 01-04-2011, 07:09 AM

Just in case anyone is curious, I compared streaming NetFlix via the WII vs. the 3d blu ray player on my Laservue tv and without a doubt, the quality of the streaming is much better thru the blu ray player. I have the blu ray hooked up via hdmi with high speed ethernet cables. I get 1080p feeds from NetFlix via the blu ray player on the Laservue, but the same NetFlix program via the WII is streamed at a lesser feed. I am assuming it is either the WII unit or the lack of hdmi high speed cables for the gaming connection.

Without a doubt, the NetFlix hd feeds thru the blu ray player on the laservue are incredible. For those who think NetFlix feeds are not quality, you should reconsider and stop wasting money on those other service providers, but then again, it may depend on your television, maybe I am just lucky.

I got youtube hooked up last night via the blu ray player and what can I say, wow, 75" of youtube video with a quality feed is a very different experience on the laservue. I am a car enthusiast and decided to test the youtube by watching videos on the F40. It was amazing watching these videos on the laservue vs. a laptop screen, a very different experience.

Finally, I was able to download some 3d content from the web and watch it in 3d on the laservue. It is fascinating knowing that we can stream 3d content from the web and watch it in 3d. Makes me think that just like NetFlix and other online service providers that watching 3d content via the web will become common.
post #828 of 1241 Old 01-04-2011, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Does this player support Windows 7 "Play To" feature? I can get it to work on my Samsung TV but not this player.

Is there a better software program to accomplish the something? I want to be able to choose the movie on my PC and have it play to the BD Player.

I can see and play my files using the navigation from the player but not using the PC.

Also, my TV information is listed under media devices but the BD Player is listed as Unknown Device. Is that an issue?

My TV and BD Player are wireless but my PC is hard wired. Using a Netgear WNR3500.

Thanks in advance.
post #829 of 1241 Old 01-04-2011, 10:32 AM

Hi all, I know there have been posts regarding the WiFi problems on this unit but I'm not sure anybody has the kind of problem I'm having, and I'd appreciate any advice. My BD-C6900 continuously disconnects and reconnects to the internet wirelessly through my router. Others have reported that the player stops seeing the router or only disconnects once turned off. But in my case, here are the facts:

1. Router SSID is visible. Player ALWAYS finds the SSID. I have WPA security, router is set to B/G dual band (not N capable), and I've tried different channels.

2. Wireless signal strength from the router is "Good" or higher even when the internet disconnects. My Wii sitting right next to the player has no problems staying connected.

3. The player will connect to the internet just fine, and stream whatever I'm doing, but will randomly (and almost always within a few minutes of being turned on) disconnect from the internet. It doesn't matter what activity I'm doing (or not doing) when it cuts.

4. When it disconnects, it can still see the router SSID and, under "Network Settings", is still set up to connect to it. But the "Test Connection" always fails on the 3rd of the four point tests "Testing local connection". It passes the 2nd test "Testing router connection".

5. When I check my ROUTER settings during a disconnect period, my router does show the player on the network, but as disconnected (as though I'd just turned the player off). I have a Westell DSL Gateway modem/wireless router all-in-one.

6. Waiting for a few minutes is all I need to restore the connection (and all four network connection tests pass), only to see it disconnect again a few minutes later. And so forth. I have not been able to see an entire 10-min YouTube clip without it disconnecting.

7. I have had up to 10 devices connected to this router at one time, with no disconnection problems at all except from this player.

8. Due to location, a wired setup is not possible. Plus, I expect the wireless function to work!

Other than changing channels and toying with turning security on and off (both to no avail), I'm wondering what else I can try. It feels like it's an obvious and simple solution. I don't have an audio receiver or anything like that. Just one HDMI (uselessly ethernet-capable) cable from PN50C8000 TV to player. Another thing I observed is that most of the other devices on my network (Macs, iPhones, Wii) are given DHCP IP addresses whereas the player has a "static" IP, but I don't know how to change that; there is no option to change that on the player that I know of.

Sorry for the long description, but it's been driving my crazy ever since I got it 3 weeks ago, and I haven't been able to enjoy internet content from the Samsung apps at all. Thanks!
post #830 of 1241 Old 01-05-2011, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is anyone using this networked with Windows 7? I cannot get Windows to identify the device as a renderer.

Under my media streaming devices, it shows up as "unknown device".
LL
post #831 of 1241 Old 01-05-2011, 08:52 AM

Does anyone know how to disable the auto start feature in this player? I don't like how when you power on the device, if you have a disc loaded, it starts running. I want the home screen to come up and allow me to choose whether to watch the disc or access Netflix or Pandora. I went through all the settings and can't find anything.
post #832 of 1241 Old 01-05-2011, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erickson00 View Post
Does anyone know how to disable the auto start feature in this player? I don't like how when you power on the device, if you have a disc loaded, it starts running. I want the home screen to come up and allow me to choose whether to watch the disc or access Netflix or Pandora. I went through all the settings and can't find anything.
I don't think that can be changed.
post #833 of 1241 Old 01-05-2011, 10:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Ok, I'm done with frickin Samsung! I have a BD-UP5000 and the Blu-ray side died (HD DVD and DVD still work fine). Now I have a C6900 and after maybe 4 months the damn thing sputters on practically every disk I stick in it! Freeze, skip, play, sputter, skip....I'm sick of it.

I'm going to call Samsung and get it fixed or replaced, but that's the last Samsung player I'm buying! Grrrrrrr.....
post #834 of 1241 Old 01-06-2011, 05:12 PM

My BD- C6900 connected to my Denon 4311 and my samsung 3D plasma 8000 (63") looks and sound great playing DVD's and BD discs. My problem is that both pandora and netflix on demand sound horrible (scratchy, distorted, impossibly bad). i have the 6900 connected via cat5 cable to a strong internet signal. and, strangely enough, vudu HDX movies (the only vudu that i've rented so far) sound terrific.

thoughts?
post #835 of 1241 Old 01-07-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post

Ok, I'm done with frickin Samsung! I have a BD-UP5000 and the Blu-ray side died (HD DVD and DVD still work fine). Now I have a C6900 and after maybe 4 months the damn thing sputters on practically every disk I stick in it! Freeze, skip, play, sputter, skip....I'm sick of it.

I'm going to call Samsung and get it fixed or replaced, but that's the last Samsung player I'm buying! Grrrrrrr.....

My C6900's already done that 2-3 times and IT'S BRAND NEW! Unfortunately I can't return it as it was part of a package deal. I'd have to sell it and pick up a different one, like the Panasonic DMP-BDT100 or Sony BDP-S570 (I need the 3D). Besides that, the main gripe about the Samsung is that the darn thing doesn't continue where you left off when you stop a movie and power off the unit. It starts from the beginning, previews and all. Really annoying.
post #836 of 1241 Old 01-08-2011, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Was there ever a solution to the Bitstream(Audiophile) problem with this unit and connecting it to an Onkyo receiver? I have a TX-SR508 and I get no sound when setting the C6900 to that setting. I know it is not the receiver because I had a friend bring over his Samsung BD-P2550 and everything worked as it should. Would it do any good to contact Samsung about this problem?
post #837 of 1241 Old 01-08-2011, 04:44 PM

Can anyone tell me whether this player will upconvert non-encrypted DVDs over component video? I recently returned a Sony BDP-S570 in favor of a Samsung BD-C6800 since I realized that I need 7.1 analog audio. However, the Sony DOES upconvert non-encrypted DVDs over component video and the Samsung 6800 does not.

Any chance the 6900 is the holy grail I seek ... a player with 7.1 analog outs that WILL upconvert over component?

I understand that most players don't, and that ALL players (including the Sony) don't upconvert encrypted DVDs over component.

Thanks!

-Bob
post #838 of 1241 Old 01-09-2011, 11:16 PM

just got this from bb for a good deal ($125) only real problem is that it will not recognize my 400gb portable hard drive via usb but will recognize my camera usb drive (256kb). any reason that it wont? size limitations? the lg 570 i got last week that i was going to return can play my 400gb drive. ahh frustrated since playing back avi, mkv plus apps is why i got this in the first place. updated all the updates i know of. did a quick google search and came up empty
post #839 of 1241 Old 01-10-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkillahd View Post
just got this from bb for a good deal ($125) only real problem is that it will not recognize my 400gb portable hard drive via usb but will recognize my camera usb drive (256kb). any reason that it wont? size limitations? the lg 570 i got last week that i was going to return can play my 400gb drive. ahh frustrated since playing back avi, mkv plus apps is why i got this in the first place. updated all the updates i know of. did a quick google search and came up empty
It won't recognized my 250GB USB powered Western Digital drive but it will recognized my USB powered 1 TB Seagate GO drive. It was not advertised to work with USB powered hard drive, only thumb drive. I plugged my 250GB WD hard drive to my Samsung TV thru the non powered USB drive and it did not recognized it either. My Samsung TV has the same Media Play feature but it has two USB ports, one is powered, and the other one is not. The powered usb port works fine with the USB powered WD 250GB portable drive.

Your problem and mine problem with the WD USB powered drive is that it is older and require more juice than the Samsung TV or Blue Ray player can provide. My newer Seagate USB powered hard drives all work fine with the non powered USB port on my TV and on my Samsung 6800 blue ray player.

I eventually got a Seagate FAT+ since it handles so much more codecs.
post #840 of 1241 Old 01-10-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaholik View Post

It won't recognized my 250GB USB powered Western Digital drive but it will recognized my USB powered 1 TB Seagate GO drive. It was not advertised to work with USB powered hard drive, only thumb drive. I plugged my 250GB WD hard drive to my Samsung TV thru the non powered USB drive and it did not recognized it either. My Samsung TV has the same Media Play feature but it has two USB ports, one is powered, and the other one is not. The powered usb port works fine with the USB powered WD 250GB portable drive.

Your problem and mine problem with the WD USB powered drive is that it is older and require more juice than the Samsung TV or Blue Ray player can provide. My newer Seagate USB powered hard drives all work fine with the non powered USB port on my TV and on my Samsung 6800 blue ray player.

I eventually got a Seagate FAT+ since it handles so much more codecs.

thanks, yes i read the manual yesterday and noticed that, my hard drive is a usb toshiba thats maybe a year and a half old. i will be returning this player since the two blu ray disks i played on it caused it to freeze and be non responsive to the remote unless i powered it off. and the non support of mac dnla and when i did find a dnla server that worked it could not play any file of music photo or video. i dont think there is a player out there that has everything i want right now (play avi mp4 files via usb hard drive, hulu plus, youtube, dnla, fast and responsive ui)
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Samsung Bd C6900 3d Blu Ray Player Refurbished , Samsung , Samsung Bd C6500 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Samsung Refurbished Blu Ray Disc Player Bd C5500 B
Gear in this thread - C6500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page