Originally Posted by billym2010
I was unable to get the WiFi to work with my Samsung BD-C6900, even though I have probably attached at least a dozen WiFi devices to my router without a single problem until now... so Samsung has clearly screwed up this rather basic implementation... worse, the error messages make no sense (can't ping the Gateway when using DHCP, Network Interference when assigning an IP rather than use DHcP, etc.
I had a similar problem that plagued me for months. You can find a couple of my old posts in this thread where I asked for help that never came. Eventually, I got the wireless in my BD-c6900 working on my own. Here's what worked for me:
My wireless consists of a DSL modem/router supplied by Verizon and a Belkin router/wireless access point that I purchased separately.
The default IP address of the Verizon modem/router (on the LAN side) is in the 192.168.0.x range. For the Belkin router/wireless access point, the default IP address is in the 192.168.2.y range.
I configured the Verizon modem/router in fairly conventional manner. The WAN side is configured as per Verizon. Its router function is turned on, with a static LAN IP address set to 192.168.0.1. DCHP server is turned off. DNS passthrough is turned on.
The Belkin's router is also turned on, and is configured to "static" mode. Its WAN port is plugged into a LAN port on the Verizon modem/router. On the WAN side, the Belkin router is configured to have a static IP address of 192.168.0.2, with the default gateway and DNS address both set to 192.168.0.1.
On its LAN side, the Belkin router/wireless access point is configured to have a static IP address of 192.168.2.1. DHCP server is turned off. Wireless is set to N mode only. Encryption is set to WPA2 only with a simple preshared key of all lower case letters chosen (it's hard to "type" the preshared key into the Samsung). Channel set to channel one. Bandwidth set to 20 MHz only.
With the wireless set up this way, my Samsung BD-c6900 had no problem recognizing my wireless network. The Samsung was then set up manually with a fixed IP address of 192.168.2.7, default gateway and DNS address of 192.168.2.1, and the preshared key was "typed" in.
My connection has been flawless and fast ever since I set it up this way. Wireless aficionados will recognize that this is a double NAT setup, which is generally considered to be a no-no. However, I found that this is the only configuration that will get my BD-c6900 working, and there is absolutely NO downside as long as it is properly configured. I suggest that you write down all of your proposed settings for all devices before touching anything. Triple check your list for errors, and then work carefully.