Official Samsung BD-C6900 3-D Blu-Ray Player Thread - Page 42 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-11-2014, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi there,

I am the (not so) proud owner of a BD-C6900 aswell, and have been experiencing quite a lot of problems with it.

Last week i bought The Hobbit 3d Blu-ray and tried to play it on the blu-ray player. After about 10-20 seconds the blu-ray disk would be rejected saying saying it has unknown specifications. The blu-ray came with an non-3D disk aswell and the player IS able to play that one, so thats kinda wierd.

I got the 1025 firmware update aswell, and I am suspecting the player just doesnt know the type of 3d blu-ray which "The Hobbit" is burned on.

So i got in contact with Samsung, which didnt help at all, cause they would just say, update your firmware (even though I said in my mail I alreaddy have the 1025 firmware update).

Does anyone know if this really is a firmware error, and if yes, is samsung even working on this?

Btw, I am able to play a blu-ray 3d disk from a couple of years ago (how to train you dragon) which works quite alright. So it really seems its only with new 3d blu-rays of last year.

Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2014, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Rental or retail disc?
rental from redbox
Old 04-23-2014, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi! Has anyone tried the 1025.0 Firmware update yet? Any issues or limitations? Thanks.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:33 PM

Apparently nobody uses this anymore...
Old 05-14-2014, 03:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMI007 View Post

Apparently nobody uses this anymore...

I just got this from my office, it was in the "Junk" pile. ("Junk" cause we have deep pockets not cause it is old or doesn't work") I updated to the latest firmware all seems to be fine with mine. I did have a Samsung BD-E5900 prior and will keep that close by incase this doesn't work with newer disk but all seems fine thus far. I have the Hobbit EE 3D and will be checking it out shortly to see if I have issues like mentioned above.

All seems good after a day of test with other disk.

Vizio 80" 3D LED M801D-A3 ISF Calibrated | Onkyo TX-NR818 w/ Polk Monitor 50 (Fronts), Onkyo SK-520 (Surronds), SKW-770 (Sub) | Win 8.1 PC i7 3930k, 2 SLI GeForce 770's, 32GB RAM | Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3Ghz, 16 GB RAM w/ PLEX | Roku 3 | Oppo BDP-103D | Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, Xbox 360 S, PS3 Slim | Harmony Touch
Old 05-14-2014, 03:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roentjuh View Post

Hi there,

I am the (not so) proud owner of a BD-C6900 aswell, and have been experiencing quite a lot of problems with it.
Last week i bought The Hobbit 3d Blu-ray and tried to play it on the blu-ray player. After about 10-20 seconds the blu-ray disk would be rejected saying saying it has unknown specifications. The blu-ray came with an non-3D disk aswell and the player IS able to play that one, so thats kinda wierd.
I got the 1025 firmware update aswell, and I am suspecting the player just doesnt know the type of 3d blu-ray which "The Hobbit" is burned on.

So i got in contact with Samsung, which didnt help at all, cause they would just say, update your firmware (even though I said in my mail I alreaddy have the 1025 firmware update).

Does anyone know if this really is a firmware error, and if yes, is samsung even working on this?

Btw, I am able to play a blu-ray 3d disk from a couple of years ago (how to train you dragon) which works quite alright. So it really seems its only with new 3d blu-rays of last year.

Thanks for your time.

My version of the Hobbit EE 3D works fine, try canned air might have some dust on your lens.

Vizio 80" 3D LED M801D-A3 ISF Calibrated | Onkyo TX-NR818 w/ Polk Monitor 50 (Fronts), Onkyo SK-520 (Surronds), SKW-770 (Sub) | Win 8.1 PC i7 3930k, 2 SLI GeForce 770's, 32GB RAM | Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3Ghz, 16 GB RAM w/ PLEX | Roku 3 | Oppo BDP-103D | Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, Xbox 360 S, PS3 Slim | Harmony Touch
Old 05-14-2014, 02:54 PM

Many thanks for your reply! It seems safe to run the update then. smile.gif
Old 05-14-2014, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Yes I am using this as my primary Blu ray player. I know the Samsung BD-E5900 is newer but when i picked this up at work it had weight to to and it is just a better preforming player IMO. I tested it with a lot of movies last night all worked even my Planet Earth import which is a picky disk, it only works on Sammy and one other brand for some reason even though its region free.

You should be safe, but one question is the online features still active on this model i know Sammy uses the Smart Hub nowadays does this old legacy app center work?

Old 05-14-2014, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Ok the work, but I will still use my Roku.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:02 PM

After the update I'll try it & post some comments.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:21 PM

Liked: 14
Mine is update with the latest firmware version available today (1.025). No Cinavia at all. Internet@TV is working fine. Some apps are maintained up-to-date by developers, although no new apps are being added to Samsung Store. It works pretty fine with my NAS (Synology DS214) through DLNA. Blu-ray, 3D Blu-ray and DVDs are playing fine for me.

This is a very good player even today and it has features that will not be available in any new model (video component and no Cinavia). Some online retailers still have brand new units, although these units are being marketed with exorbitant prices due to its features.

This is still my daily driver... Very satisfied overrall...
RMI007 likes this.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:51 AM

Liked: 0
Hi everyone,

I have a question about the subtitles from srt files when playing mkv's. I haven't been able to find anything about it yet so I'll ask it here.

It's great that the 6900 is able to run these subtitles when you want them, but is there also a way to turn them off? The subtitle button on the remote gives an error "this option is not available" and I can't seem to find any related settings.
Any ideas?
Old 11-29-2014, 02:47 PM

Anybody using Netflix and found there isn't a update for update on DVD for the replacement of the Instant Queue to My List by Netflix? We'd always pick movies from tablet but since there is no more Instant Queue the movies don't show up on DVD anymore as there still Instant Queue and no My List selection.

kds60 a3000 owner.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:46 AM

Samsung BD C6900 - BEWITCHED!!!

Ok, so this should be a challenge... I confess I'm completely baffled at what happened. Here's what I'm using:

Blu Ray - Samsung C6900 3D
TV - Sony 50W805b
AV - Sony STR-DH820

I will try to describe it by steps:

1 - I have my Samsung Blu Ray Player and TV cable (hdmi) connected to my AV amp.

2 - My Sony AV amp then connects to a hdmi splitter with two outputs (one is unplugged, and the other goes to the TV). I use this so I can connect my projector whenever I want to.

3 - Everything works great, and today I tried to watch a 3D blu ray and it was cool. Then I tried to watch a regular blu ray disk and suddenly the TV won't get any picture from the Blu ray. It's as if it was unplugged... I immediately unplugged the hdmi splitter and connected the TV directly to the blu ray to get that out of the equation.

4 - So I decided to try different blu ray disks, but none worked... until I put the 3D blu ray disk again, and it worked! So I went back to all the other blue ray disks but they won't work!! Not even the BD Player menu!!! But when I go back to the 3D disk, it works again...

5 - I tried the BD player on another TV and it works great. No problem at 2D or 3D or whatever.

6 - I don't know what the hell happened, but the TV regular signal works perfectly. The only thing that won't work is the blu ray player!

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!?
Old 02-03-2015, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 250
If you can bypass the splitter and/or receiver. It is not the BD player. More than likely it is the splitter causing the handshake issue.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Old 02-03-2015, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
If you can bypass the splitter and/or receiver. It is not the BD player. More than likely it is the splitter causing the handshake issue.
But I already did that. I connected the BD player directly to the TV. It works on another TV I tried, but not on my Sony 805b. It stopped working when I watched a 3D blu ray there. It only works when I place the 3D BD, not with 2D stuff... This is so weird, I can't make any sense of it...
Old 02-03-2015, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

Try resetting the player and TV. Sounds like the TV got stuck in 3D mode. So if it works on another TV, still not an issue with the BD player.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
Old 02-03-2015, 12:02 PM

Hi, I just unplugged everything from the wall socket and plugged the bluray directly to the TV. Then electricity back on and still won't work... But if I plug the TV box to the TV, it works perfectly...

Any ideas?
Old 02-03-2015, 12:34 PM
Advanced Member

Is anyone having issues playing Boxtrolls in 3D in this player?
Old 02-04-2015, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Mine finally bit the dust. Seems to play regular DVD's fine but blu rays it sits for 10-15 seconds and then says it can't read it. It's a shame because I love the amount of outputs that it has on the back. Guess it's junk even with the newest firmware and internet access and a reset. Such a shame I didn't use it that much over the course of 4 years.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsean View Post
Mine finally bit the dust. Seems to play regular DVD's fine but blu rays it sits for 10-15 seconds and then says it can't read it. It's a shame because I love the amount of outputs that it has on the back. Guess it's junk even with the newest firmware and internet access and a reset. Such a shame I didn't use it that much over the course of 4 years.
What is the latest firmware? I want to make sure I have the same version.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsean View Post
You can try cleaning the lens first.

S~

Old 02-19-2015, 10:18 PM

BD-C6900 will not load an disk even after reset

My BD-C6900 just won't load any disk even after a reset.

Any ideas?
Old 02-20-2015, 10:43 AM

I cannot use closed captioning running Netflix app on my C-6900 with firmware 1025.0. Can anyone confirm?
Old 02-21-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
You can try cleaning the lens first.

S~
For me this was catch 22 because it won't even take the lens cleaner or the same reasons.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roentjuh View Post
Hi there,

Thanks for your time.
I have tried to explain to others that, even when you update a player, that player may not except the firmware update. Sony after fighting to get Cinavia on all manufactured players after Feb. 2012, and quite a few disc manufactors having to tweak formats, has caused a problem for the consumers. They also keep changing, a few here and a few there of the disc formats, and those changes keep causing problems with some machines, and then the consumer has to buy a new machine just to keep up with the format changes. Not all machines, even those that have been updated, will play the new formats, if they don't have the additional Cinavia embedded on the motherboard. The end results for Sony and Cinavia is, to eventually have a new smart technology, to make everyone update to, or nothing new will play in or on any older equipment. That doesn't mean that you can't keep your older equipment to play on, it just means that eventually nothing will play on the newer smarter technology, except the newer smarter technology. This is Sony and Cinavia's way to stop all piracy, watch for it, it will come. Most likely within the next 3-5 years, if Sony stays on track. I'm sure you have noticed how Ultraviolet suddenly appeared, or how you have to register in order to watch a movie, right? This too will be a new way to watch the disc you purchase and own. To retain ownership of the movie rights eventually, every disc will have to be unlocked and encoded to you and your smart technology equipment, through Sony's lobbying. Your movies and your smart technology will lock those to your smart technology system, and no one else can take them to their home to watch. Sony's purpose, to get others to pay for their own movie. Redbox, Netflix, Blockbuster, ETC. are all turning to streaming, it is the new rental, and a way to control consumers and piracy. Oh, ya, and Cinavia will be embedded into the streaming to stop recording of any streamed material. Sorry, but you can believe this or not, the writing is there on the wall, right there next to corporate greed.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:42 AM

samsung c6900

I think they are just pre-programmed by SAMSUNG to kill themselves after 5 years.

Mine did the same - first stopped playing newer blu-ray disks but [played dvds and old Blu ray discs, then it stopped playing any disc saying the format was unknown.

compressed air (propane actually) did not help at all.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:53 AM

see aliexpress

US $31.25 / piece

Original for SAMSUNG blu ray dvd player SOH-BDP5G/ BDP5 blu ray laser head SOHBDP5G SOH BDP5 BDP5G

"*The Components replaced must be completely the same models as the original
*Caution: replacing the pick-up
Laser lens are fragile items, To prevent damage to the laser diode static electricity destroys the laser diode.
Always take countermeasures to prevent static electricity damage when performing reparis around the laser pick-up.
do not touch the area around the laser diode or the actuator .
do not check the laser diode with a tester or other device ( the laser diode can be broken quite easily )
short-circuit the laser pick-up
*Donn’t forget to remove the soldered laser diode short-circuit after finishiing repair ,and leave the circuit open .
We will serve you open the short-circuit if need ,pls leave us message after place order .
*Recommendation tool : soldering iron"

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Samsung , Samsung Bd C6500 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Samsung Bd C6900 3d Blu Ray Player Refurbished , Samsung Refurbished Blu Ray Disc Player Bd C5500 B