Official Samsung BD-C6900 3-D Blu-Ray Player Thread - Page 43 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 1266 Old 10-06-2015, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey babytronics see my comments later in the thread. I agree with you in a sense, but I think it might just be new hdcp type protection or DRM which is put on new bluray disks. Others have stated that they think it is a trend that is going on now and in the future you will have your bluray disk tied to your own player and system and it will not play on someone else's player. I agree it is probably the goal, but it might be technically hard to implement.

I have this to add though. In the mid 1980's I was using a comodore 64 computer at my job to help print letters to customers and make up a form we could use to fill out the way we did a job and to help with billing. Something done almost all the time now.
We got this promo disk from someone who wanted to show us their system of doing paperwork etc and it came on a 5-1/4" disk which was the normal thing to use on a C-64 disk drive. It was timed so that we could use it for only 30 days and I cold not figure out how that was done. The C-64 had no internal clock and booted up to Jan 1, 1980 every time. The disk was write protected as well. So how did the program know how much time had passed from the time we first used the disk until I booted it up to Jan 1, 1980 exactly 30 days later?
This might be the way this copy protection is going to be done. Who knows?

I am going to search to try to find a way to defeat it. There is always a way to do it, but it might be difficult. In this country there is always someone left who does not want to be told how he can use something he buys. This includes everything from a shovel to a dvd disk or bluray disk. If I didnt buy the right to own the movie and only have bought the right to view it, then how can they take that right away by making the disk not be read by my player at some time in the future? In fact if the disk fails they should have to replace it as I did not buy the movie and disk, but only the right to view it? Perhaps a clever lawyer will figure out how to get Holleywood to honor their contracts with we who bought the disks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1266 Old 10-06-2015, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
There is no copyright scheme that can affect your machine from playing old blu-rays that it used to play. It is possible that certain new movies may not play though I have not encountered that in my machine currently (Truth be told though it has been relegated to a bedroom machine and does not get as much use as it used to).

If your machine is not playing old Blu-Rays that it used to it is more likely an issue of wear and tear and a breakdown of the machine in some manner.

Keep in mind that the Blu-Ray laser assembly is separate from the DVD laser and it is possible for one to break down before the other (Though in my experience it always seems to be the Blu-Ray one that breaks down).

Personlly I won't purchase any more Samsung products. They give up on their products soon after putting out a newer version and their support service (In Canada) completely sucks!
post #1263 of 1266 Old 10-06-2015, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuratsx View Post
Anybody using Netflix and found there isn't a update for update on DVD for the replacement of the Instant Queue to My List by Netflix? We'd always pick movies from tablet but since there is no more Instant Queue the movies don't show up on DVD anymore as there still Instant Queue and no My List selection.

Samsung gave up on this player years ago. So no updates to Netflix or anything else. Most of the HD stuff only play on normal resolution on this player and it won't see any of the 5.1 stuff at all.

No more Samsung for me.
post #1264 of 1266 Old 10-06-2015, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by electroken View Post
So, just as I suspected, my Samsung Bluray player BD_C6500 stopped playing all my bluray disks because of the new copy protection scheme they are using now. I presume that the new disks stored something in the firmware to tell the player to reject my new bluray disks and even my old ones.
I wonder how much of this strong arm crap that the public in the USA is going to take until they demand that this copy protect stuff if removed and they can enjoy viewing their movies they purchase the right to view is allowed again. The HDCP was not enough for the movie industry so they wreck out players so they have to be replaced. Well, I for one will now wait until hell freezes over before I go buy another bluray disk. Dvd quality will be good enough for me now.

I cant stream much at all since my internet speed is slow and it will cost me at least $60/month to get better. I am tired of the blackmail used to coerce us to pay such high prices for something like internet. I will find ways to download some of the movies I want and view them. I can wait for a few years and get a dvd copy or something else which I can watch. I am old and my eyes aren't that good any more anyway!

I should see if I can go move in with one of my friends in Germany who gave our movie industry and microsoft the official finger a few years ago. They have more freedom to watch what they want there than we do. It is a long story. Even when we had our vcr players they were allowed to watch both ntsc and pal movies on theirs and their tv's would also do both as well. We are not as free as we think.
Do you have this connected to the internet and automatically install new firmware? That's why I turned it 'off' on all of my BD players. I purposely bought well over a year ago another Sony BD player whose model number was prior to the inclusion of Cinavia. I bought it as a back up to my current 3D BD player to avoid having issues. Now my PS3 on the other hand? - had to keep up with that so that player has Cinavia but I don't use it to watch BDs.

"..where you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

post #1265 of 1266 Old 10-12-2015, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Apps gone?

The other day, the player "updated" and removed the Plex app. It's done this before, instead of updating the app. I then have to go in and add it back.

Now, for a least a few days, when I try to go into the "Samsung Apps" section, it says "network interference" is preventing it from opening, "please try again later". I tested the internet speed and it works fine.

Has Samsung closed the app store for this player (BD-C6900)?
post #1266 of 1266 Old 10-15-2015, 01:16 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Maybe it was a glitch that's gone away by now, because it works fine for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Samsung , Samsung Bd C6500 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Samsung Bd C6900 3d Blu Ray Player Refurbished , Samsung Refurbished Blu Ray Disc Player Bd C5500 B
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page