post #121 of 1242 Old 05-26-2010, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound & Vision View Post

You need to update the firmware for TV as well.. The ghosting issue is caused from the samsung TV.. The latest update 1019 addresses it, and adds a new setting in the TV's 3D menu.. The player's current firmware is 1010 which addresses playback issues with Avatar.

Even after the update there is ghosting. You can fix it in once scene but it pops up in another. You have to make a compromise when you do the adjustment. I've settled on a -1 value. I hope they come up with something better for this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 1242 Old 05-26-2010, 08:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

Even after the update there is ghosting. You can fix it in once scene but it pops up in another. You have to make a compromise when you do the adjustment. I've settled on a -1 value. I hope they come up with something better for this.

What are you referring to when you say "settled on a -1 value" ? Where do I access that option? What is the effect of setting it to -1? Less ghosting in 3D content at the expense of what?
post #123 of 1242 Old 05-27-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decan View Post

Hey guys, im new in here.
I have 2 problems here:

1.:
I have a problem with my movies on my external harddrives.
I have 4x 1TB WD MyBooks E edition.
I hooked them up to my NetGear WNDR3700.
It shows up fine on my 3D bluray player, and it lists them all fine.
But some how it doesnt want to play my MKV files.
Avi and mpeg files are fine, but says the files are not supported when i try play the mkv files.

2.:
I also tried the "server" option, with samsungs software, they play fine though there.
But, the software is poor. I have so many movies it times out or something.
It just stops making database files along the way.
Tryed adding them slow, like a small bunch at a time, still cant seam to add em all. Like the player has a maximum amount of files it can add.

Anyone have the same problem, or does anyone know what i can do?
Ofcause, i want problem 1 solved before 2, as its the best option for me.

Thanks.

The player doesn't support MKV over network. If you want to play MKV files, hook up a small USB powered external HDD to the USB port located on the front of the drive. I have a 500GB Toshiba External (laptop size drive) that i hook up to it, and it plays MKV files beautifully.

So on to my issue..

I have the full samsung package.. the player, the 3D LED TV and the AV Receiver.. Seems every once in a great while, everything blacks out (audio a well) and the TV shows the video input it is on quickly and then the video and audio come back fine.. in the span of about 5 seconds. Anyone else experience this?

also

Is Youtube screwed up for anyone else? After logging into the samsung Internet @TV i go to youtube, and it no longer pulls up my account, it shows me some favorites of what i can only guess is a person who is a fan of Korean culture and then when i search, i get no results. I've checked my real youtube account, and everything is fine, i've reinstalled the app and still get the same thing.

Plus, has anyone heard of being able to hook up an external text input device, like akeyboard or something similar to the XBOX keyboard? it gets tiring trying to search for videos having to text it on the standard remote.
post #124 of 1242 Old 05-27-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erickson00 View Post

grrrrr! Pandora still won't work on my blu-ray. There is no where to sign in. I created an ID for myself. Open the Pandora app and it tells me to go to pandora.com and enter the code. I do. I activate. It tells me to go back to the TV and login...I go back, open Pandora and....it gives me a new activation code and tells me to go to pandora.com to activate my account. It also gives an error message saying "License problem." What gives? Has anyone actually been able to log in? Can you please tell me the exact steps to take? Thanks a million in advance!

Hi Erickson,

I've actually had no trouble getting Pandora to work. I will say that I already had a personal account created on Pandora.com that I use to listen to music via the regular web browser. Have you tried creating an account at Pandora.com first? If the problem still persists, I might try contacting Pandora customer support somehow?

I Hope you get it working - the Pandora app is great!
post #125 of 1242 Old 05-27-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantiguan View Post

Hi Erickson,

I've actually had no trouble getting Pandora to work. I will say that I already had a personal account created on Pandora.com that I use to listen to music via the regular web browser. Have you tried creating an account at Pandora.com first? If the problem still persists, I might try contacting Pandora customer support somehow?

I Hope you get it working - the Pandora app is great!

I figured it out! I also got into Youtube...but am disappointed because I thought by logging in, all the videos in my online account that I uploaded would be instantly viewable on the TV. This is not the case...it doesn't have a menu for me to play my own videos.
post #126 of 1242 Old 05-29-2010, 11:21 AM

Hey guys,

For those that have surround system home theater system (from Samsung, etc), do you notice that the voices don't perfectly align with the people's lips during normal HD programming? I tried changing the AV Sync/Audio delay in the Samsung home theater (HT-C6930W) menu down to 50ms, and that mostly solves the issue except if you look closely you can see that the audio isn't perfectly aligned with the motion of the lips of the people.

Is this expected? I have a PN58C8000.
post #127 of 1242 Old 05-29-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:

Hey guys,

For those that have surround system home theater system (from Samsung, etc), do you notice that the voices don't perfectly align with the people's lips during normal HD programming? I tried changing the AV Sync/Audio delay in the Samsung home theater (HT-C6930W) menu down to 50ms, and that mostly solves the issue except if you look closely you can see that the audio isn't perfectly aligned with the motion of the lips of the people.

Is this expected? I have a PN58C8000.

If you are referring to netflix, yes my c6900 seriously has lag issues. Every firmware update has made it a little better but has yet to be perfectly synced. And yes even the blu rays's are a tiny bit noticeable but nowhere near as bad as netflix. If it were not for the 2 glasses promo I would have bought the panasonic. I love my sammy plasma but this blu ray player bites. My cheap sony one upstairs is better. Where is the AV Sync settings? OR is that a 6930 feature only?

Also for those of you who have pandora, is there some kind of screen saver to prevent burn in? The last I tried it was just a stationary screen a plasmas nightmare
post #128 of 1242 Old 05-30-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbiotic View Post

Also for those of you who have pandora, is there some kind of screen saver to prevent burn in? The last I tried it was just a stationary screen a plasmas nightmare

If you let Pandora run for 10 minutes or so, it will change to a screen with floating cover art images.
post #129 of 1242 Old 05-30-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

Not at all true. I guess Samsung doesn't even know their own product line. They released an inexpensive receiver at the same time as the player and 7000 that has 3D passthrough. BB setups used it. Pioneer models are out already as is the Onkyo 608.

S~

I can verify that teachsac is correct (and Samsung is wrong); I have the player connected to a C8000 display via an Onkyo TX-SR608, and 3D works fine.
post #130 of 1242 Old 05-31-2010, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKeithO View Post

Can anyone tell me if they are having an issue with this player sending bit-stream audio to their receiver?

I've got this unit hooked up to an Onkyo TX-SR308 receiver and the sound doesn't work when set to bit-stream (audiophile) on the BD player. Other people have tested different BD players with this receiver and bit-stream works fine, I would just like to know if this BD player works with other receivers without any issue? Trying to figure out which piece of equipment is causing the issue here.

Thanks.

same problem. major problems when selecting bitstream (audiophile) on my pioneer elite receiver. no issues before that. it looks like it cannot lock onto the lossless signal. the problem is with every lossless track on every bd i've tried. true hd or dtshdma. neither works when the bd player hass bitstream (audiophile) selected. need help

---Mr. Met---

J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO DE-VILS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO METS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!
post #131 of 1242 Old 06-02-2010, 09:03 AM

Does this player support NTFS formatted USB drives? Most of my MKV files are larger than 4 GB.
post #132 of 1242 Old 06-02-2010, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars99 View Post

They were all newer blu-rays (Sherlock Holmes, Star Trek, etc...).
I'll start using the pop-up menu- thanks.

Newer discs are the ones that will not allow you to resume if you stop the movie. Most newer discs are java based, and this is where the issue is. Older discs are not java based, and allow you to resume if stopped. 2 work arounds: create a bookmark before stopping and then access that bookmark once you want to resume. Or simply pause it for the duration that you need to step away from the movie.
post #133 of 1242 Old 06-02-2010, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post

Newer discs are the ones that will not allow you to resume if you stop the movie. Most newer discs are java based, and this is where the issue is. Older discs are not java based, and allow you to resume if stopped. 2 work arounds: create a bookmark before stopping and then access that bookmark once you want to resume. Or simply pause it for the duration that you need to step away from the movie.

That is incorrect. All BD discs use Java and have since day one. Some use more extensive Java code than others, but they all still need it.

Warner is now supporting resume functions on their discs, something they hadn't done in the past. Disney was the first company to offer this on its releases.

David Vaughn

Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer

Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)

post #134 of 1242 Old 06-03-2010, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post

That is incorrect. All BD discs use Java and have since day one. Some use more extensive Java code than others, but they all still need it.

Warner is now supporting resume functions on their discs, something they hadn't done in the past. Disney was the first company to offer this on its releases.

I stand corrected. But, something changed along the way because ALL early released discs (circa 2006-2007) will allow you to resume playback.
post #135 of 1242 Old 06-03-2010, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I stand corrected. But, something changed along the way because ALL early released discs (circa 2006-2007) will allow you to resume playback.

I believe you are mistaken, can you name me some discs? One of the biggest complaints with Blu-ray is the discs didn't support resume play, so it was added to one of the BD-Java apps that the encoding houses use. Disney was the first to offer it on its titles (if I remember correctly).

David Vaughn

post #136 of 1242 Old 06-03-2010, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I believe you are mistaken, can you name me some discs? One of the biggest complaints with Blu-ray is the discs didn't support resume play, so it was added to one of the BD-Java apps that the encoding houses use. Disney was the first to offer it on its titles (if I remember correctly).

Off the top of my head, Fifth Element, xXx, Underworld, 50 First dates, Crash, Stealth, Training Day. The list goes on. 100's of them. Like I said, All of the discs I bought first year Blu-ray was out will allow resume. And, I am telling you it has to do with the way the disc is authored. Early releases loaded much quicker and did not have the animated icon showing "disc loading", it just went straight to menu. 15-20 second load times TOPS. Those will ALL allow you to resume.
post #137 of 1242 Old 06-03-2010, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I just got this unit, connected to the internet and got the latest firmware updates, and everything seems to work perfectly, except it won't load a disk. I have two that work fine on my PS3, Star Trek and another, but I never get past the "loading" message, and then the disc ejects. Am I SOL? Any suggestions?

Updated to add: Just got the Monsters and Aliens 3D disc. It won't load either.
post #138 of 1242 Old 06-03-2010, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Off the top of my head, Fifth Element, xXx, Underworld, 50 First dates, Crash, Stealth, Training Day. The list goes on. 100's of them. Like I said, All of the discs I bought first year Blu-ray was out will allow resume. And, I am telling you it has to do with the way the disc is authored. Early releases loaded much quicker and did not have the animated icon showing "disc loading", it just went straight to menu. 15-20 second load times TOPS. Those will ALL allow you to resume.

Well, five of those discs are Sony discs and two are Warner (Crash and Training Day). I'll double-check some early BD discs and see if they'll resume play or not on my end in 4 different players and report back.

David Vaughn

post #139 of 1242 Old 06-03-2010, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I stand corrected. Some of the early pre-bonus view discs support resume play (Warner and Sony), but not all (essentially the menu systems were like a DVD). Once the more interactive menus and enhanced features the resume function had to be added into the Java code and if I recall, Disney was the first to develop it.

David Vaughn

post #140 of 1242 Old 06-03-2010, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

so...nobody is having lossless audio issues other than myself and someone earlier with an onkyo receiver?

---Mr. Met---

J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO DE-VILS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO METS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!
post #141 of 1242 Old 06-04-2010, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I stand corrected. Some of the early pre-bonus view discs support resume play (Warner and Sony), but not all (essentially the menu systems were like a DVD). Once the more interactive menus and enhanced features the resume function had to be added into the Java code and if I recall, Disney was the first to develop it.

Yes, that is the term I was looking for, "Bonus View". Once that was implemented, the discs were unable to be resumed.
post #142 of 1242 Old 06-04-2010, 11:49 AM

Have you guys tried streaming any HDX-quality movies from Vudu (one of the Samsung apps). How is the quality? We have Verizon FiOS and were wondering if it's close to blu-ray quality?
post #143 of 1242 Old 06-04-2010, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Have you guys tried streaming any HDX-quality movies from Vudu (one of the Samsung apps). How is the quality? We have Verizon FiOS and were wondering if it's close to blu-ray quality?

Depends on your TV size. On my front-projection system Blu-ray looks better with more depth. On my 50" plasma, I wouldn't want to take a blind A/B comparison test between the two. The HDX feeds are pretty damn good. Granted, the audio isn't as good on Vudu.

David Vaughn

post #144 of 1242 Old 06-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Just to let everyone here know. I have the panasonic 3D demo disc and it plays perfectly fine in this player, and the 3D effect is the exact same as it was when I had the panasonic 350 player.. Awsome! So if anyone else tells you differently, there wrong! The disc works just fine in the samsung 6900.
post #145 of 1242 Old 06-04-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:

Just to let everyone here know. I have the panasonic 3D demo disc and it plays perfectly fine in this player, and the 3D effect is the exact same as it was when I had the panasonic 350 player.. Awsome! So if anyone else tells you differently, there wrong! The disc works just fine in the samsung 6900.

That's awesome! How were you able to keep the 3D demo discs? Did you end up returning the panasonic TV/player?
post #146 of 1242 Old 06-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

That's awesome! How were you able to keep the 3D demo discs? Did you end up returning the panasonic TV/player?

Yes.
post #147 of 1242 Old 06-08-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyons07 View Post

Hi,
I'm having problems trying to watch the complete movie without freezing happening. I have the latest firmware update and about 1/2 through the movie, the unit freezes. The only thing I can do is turn it off at the unit and start the movie over. Then after 5 minutes or so after I started the movie again, it froze again. I tried 3 different movies and it's happening on all of them. Does anyone know what the problem is and any help would be appreciated?
Thanks, Jerry

I have had a similar experience. Of the eight blu-ray discs I have watched the picture froze on half of them. As I recall, it would happen after abour 90 minutes. Returned for exchange today, replacement tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing; at first I thought it was just the discs.

T
post #148 of 1242 Old 06-08-2010, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharris242 View Post

I have had a similar experience. Of the eight blu-ray discs I have watched the picture froze on half of them. As I recall, it would happen after abour 90 minutes. Returned for exchange today, replacement tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing; at first I thought it was just the discs.

T

Hi,

I read somewhere on here, to try another outlet an don't put anything on top of the player. So far, it hasn't froze on me again. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Jerry
post #149 of 1242 Old 06-10-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the info !!!!

Very2 good news
post #150 of 1242 Old 06-12-2010, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I'm getting sound drop outs after skipping tracks and even upon the disc loading. At start up for example the sound from a studios logo screen is out for a few seconds then appears. As for skipping chapters, sometimes you get sound right away and sometimes you get the delayed sound which results in missing dialogue in some cases. Anyone else have this problem. I've experienced this with my Toshiba HD DVD player also.
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Samsung Bd C6900 3d Blu Ray Player Refurbished , Samsung , Samsung Bd C6500 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Samsung Refurbished Blu Ray Disc Player Bd C5500 B
Gear in this thread - C6500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page