post #151 of 1241 Old 06-12-2010, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

I'm getting sound drop outs after skipping tracks and even upon the disc loading. At start up for example the sound from a studios logo screen is out for a few seconds then appears. As for skipping chapters, sometimes you get sound right away and sometimes you get the delayed sound which results in missing dialogue in some cases. Anyone else have this problem. I've experienced this with my Toshiba HD DVD player also.

How are you hooked up? If by HDMI, it could be a handshake issue and is quite common across many different setups. Just rewind back a few seconds

David Vaughn

Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer

Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 1241 Old 06-13-2010, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post

How are you hooked up? If by HDMI, it could be a handshake issue and is quite common across many different setups. Just rewind back a few seconds

It's a HDMI connection. Once the screen went completely black for about 4 seconds and another time the picture broke up into a pixel soup. I rewound and it did not happen. I see a firmware update need here.
post #153 of 1241 Old 06-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevydudesixty9 View Post

This is the best I could do to try and get the Player and TV in the same shot with my iPhone...

disc...

(1) Here is the panasonic reps disc; http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/p...-disc-v1-2.php

(2) Here is the pack on disc; http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/p...n-disc-vff.php

I stand corrected!! Sorry guys!! This disc in the above photos is part number 3D001 (1.2), it is an in store display disc that a panasonic rep supplies.. This disc will not play in my samsung c6900 cleanly. It has audio and picture jumps every few seconds.. Now, the pack in disc with the panasonic 300/350 (looks the same) but has a differant part number and less content, and few other differances does indeed play perfectly fine in my samsung c6900.

I also just aquired a panasonic 350 and the rep disc plays fine in it, but again, not in the c6900.. I ended up exchanging the c6900 for the 350 and couldn't be happier. I hope this clears up any confusion.
post #154 of 1241 Old 06-14-2010, 03:34 PM

Liked: 12
Has anyone tried the 7.1 analog outs yet? I read somewhere that the levels for each speaker can't be adjusted using the player? If that is true, it kind of makes them worthless on many pre/pros that don't let you adjust the channel levels using the pre/pro for external devices (like mine). I sincerely hope that I just misread that... :-(

---Dave

My HT/Music System can be found here:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...iew&1301304581
post #155 of 1241 Old 06-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank3030 View Post

I would be interested in this also. And the plasma c8000 as well.

Search over at remotecentral.com for samsung plasma in the forums and you'll find a comprehensive set of codes that are a couple years old but so far work well with our c8000. Haven't tried anything with the player yet.
post #156 of 1241 Old 06-15-2010, 10:39 PM

Liked: 11
I've got a little issue. Grrr. I have my Samsung BD-C6900 hooked up to my Samsung PN58C8000 two ways, HDMI and AV. Some discs, such as the ones I got from Blockbuster yesterday, don't have subtitles. My wife is hearing impaired. So what we have to do is abandon HD and rely on AV connections, so that the television can decode the captions so my wife can enjoy the program, since the captions are not available if using the HDMI connection. What I'm finding is that when I switch the television to the AV source, the BD-C6900 pauses the disc. When I press play, the television changes source back to HDMI.

Without manually pulling the HDMI connection out, how can I get it to just continue playing the disc, even though the television source is set to AV?
post #157 of 1241 Old 06-17-2010, 01:11 PM

Liked: 10
With Monsters Vs Aliens 3D movie, I am noticing a flicker or a rapid flash with the glasses. Best way to describeis that thescreen gets slightly dark and bright a few times before settling down. It happens very rapidly. It doesn't happen all the time and can't be reproduced consistently.

I don't see any issue while watching normal 2D content only. I also have not seen it during 2D to 3D TV programmingbut I didn't do that much experimentation.

One more weird thing. BDC is set to play 3D in auto mode. MvA started in 3D most of the times. But a couple of times it started in 2D only! I don't know if this is related to the above issue.

I am using BD-C6900, PN50C8000 (HDMI2 in).
Do any of you notice it? Do you think it is a problem with the BD player or the TV? I am still within the 30 day period and would like to know quickly in case I need to exchange it.
post #158 of 1241 Old 06-21-2010, 04:21 AM

Hey guys, I just bought this player from someone off eBay for $199 and it's on the way to Malaysia, where I stay. I just realised one thing... The voltage in the US is 120v and it's 240v here. Will I still be able to use the player without a voltage converter?
post #159 of 1241 Old 06-21-2010, 04:29 AM

Normally, when a power supply is spec'ed for 120V-240V, the specifications in the user manual says so. The user manual for the C6900 says 120V. No indication there that it could handle 240V.
post #160 of 1241 Old 06-22-2010, 03:58 AM

Is anyone else noting this? It seems to me that the FF (and REW) performance of this player is horrendous. I know I'm spoiled by how incredible TiVo's FF and REW work, but it seems utterly ridiculous to me that I can't FF with any sense of reliable control over how far it goes, i.e., when it stops. I press play a dozen times, sometimes, before it stops. I know that there is nothing obstructing the remote, because pressing FF take effect immediately, very reliably.

Is there any way to tell the player to go to "Title X Time YY:ZZ". I figure that that's a feature of DVD players that BD players don't do, but given how bad the FF is on this player, I have to ask.
post #161 of 1241 Old 06-22-2010, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker1 View Post

Is anyone else noting this? It seems to me that the FF (and REW) performance of this player is horrendous. I know I'm spoiled by how incredible TiVo's FF and REW work, but it seems utterly ridiculous to me that I can't FF with any sense of reliable control over how far it goes, i.e., when it stops. I press play a dozen times, sometimes, before it stops. I know that there is nothing obstructing the remote, because pressing FF take effect immediately, very reliably.

Is there any way to tell the player to go to "Title X Time YY:ZZ". I figure that that's a feature of DVD players that BD players don't do, but given how bad the FF is on this player, I have to ask.

See my post above (150). I hope they issue a firmware update regarding both our problems.
post #162 of 1241 Old 06-22-2010, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

On my player, BD Live is grayed out. Anyone know why?
post #163 of 1241 Old 06-22-2010, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

On my player, BD Live is grayed out. Anyone know why?

Is is connected to a network?
post #164 of 1241 Old 06-22-2010, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post

Is is connected to a network?

Yes and I am able to stream Netflix and visit other sites.
post #165 of 1241 Old 06-22-2010, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes and I am able to stream Netflix and visit other sites.

Maybe it is not seeing your onboard memory. Try it with a 1+ GB USB flash drive plugged in, and make sure you can see the drive. If it works then, then I would say there is an issue with your onboard memory.
post #166 of 1241 Old 06-23-2010, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks much. A Samsung rep said the same thing. When I get home, I'll apply my new knowledge.
post #167 of 1241 Old 06-25-2010, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

It's not on their website but I checked my player just for the heck of it and it said there was an update. I'm on the phone with a rep now and she really didn't know anything about the update. I just Cloudy With A Chance of Meatball in the mail today and there are video drop outs (blank screen) while sound is continuing (ex. Columbia logo screen). A rewinding yielded both sound & video. Also the 6900 is not as fast a loader as advertised. Disc such as The Wolfman and CWACOM for instance had slow loading times and after watching any of the two previews there were overly long load times before returning to the menu. I'm wondering how the PS3 will handle loading times with 3D movies once the update is out. I'm going to check to see if I can find any improvements with this latest update from Samsung.
post #168 of 1241 Old 06-27-2010, 03:45 PM

I just loaded the new firmware update (1012.4) and i don't see anything off the cuff. i'm still waiting for my pn58c8000 to get here next week so i can't test the 3d yet.
post #169 of 1241 Old 06-29-2010, 07:56 AM

How is the wireless reception on this player?

I tried getting mine connected to my FiOS Actiontec router and was not successful. I have a PS3, a netbook, and any laptop/iPhone I try connected to my wireless network in the same room but the C6900 won't connect.

Could it be because my wi-fi network is B/G only? Could be be because my SSID is not broadcasted? Is my WPA2 key too long?

Appreciate any clues. Thanks.
post #170 of 1241 Old 06-29-2010, 12:40 PM

So I saw a post on another board about Hulu's new Hulu Plus (subscription) service. I was actually just talking about something like this with my wife yesterday as a potential replacement for cable.

http://www.hulu.com/plus/devices

So I'm clicking around looking at the supported device, and this is what I find in the description for what is apparently the only blu-ray player to currently support the service. Don't read this if you have a full stomach.

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/t...ail&returnurl=

Quote:

"Fewer distractions. Fuller Screen.
To maximize your viewing experience, to truly feel the power of on-screen portrayals, you need all the picture you can get. With the Screen Fit feature, the BD-C6900 Blu-ray disc player automatically converts 21:9 aspect ratio movies to 16:9 aspect, eliminating those annoying black bands crowding the scenes. Watch movies the way they were meant to be seen- with just one touch of the Screen Fit button."

I realize that there are a lot of people who want this feature, and they have every right to watch their blu-rays in whatever aspect ratio they want, but do we really need this in the promotional material for a $400 player??

post #171 of 1241 Old 06-30-2010, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post

So I saw a post on another board about Hulu's new Hulu Plus (subscription) service. I was actually just talking about something like this with my wife yesterday as a potential replacement for cable.

http://www.hulu.com/plus/devices

So I'm clicking around looking at the supported device, and this is what I find in the description for what is apparently the only blu-ray player to currently support the service. Don't read this if you have a full stomach.

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/t...ail&returnurl=

"Fewer distractions. Fuller Screen.
To maximize your viewing experience, to truly feel the power of on-screen portrayals, you need all the picture you can get. With the Screen Fit feature, the BD-C6900 Blu-ray disc player automatically converts 21:9 aspect ratio movies to 16:9 aspect, eliminating those annoying black bands crowding the scenes. Watch movies the way they were meant to be seen- with just one touch of the Screen Fit button."

I realize that there are a lot of people who want this feature, and they have every right to watch their blu-rays in whatever aspect ratio they want, but do we really need this in the promotional material for a $400 player??

It does say "with one touch of the screen fit button". So maybe if you don't touch the screen fit button, it will not expand the picture?
post #172 of 1241 Old 06-30-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post

It does say "with one touch of the screen fit button". So maybe if you don't touch the screen fit button, it will not expand the picture?

Exactly, I have this BD player and it only does that if you want it to. If you don't touch the button it plays movies like any other BD. I think it's nice to have the feature if you don't care to see every single pixel from the original movie. At least you're not wasting screen with black bars.

In 3D movies it does not let you use that feature and black bars are displayed on top and bottom.
post #173 of 1241 Old 06-30-2010, 07:50 AM

For those of you with the C7000/8000 Plasmas, do you use the Internet@TV apps on this blu-ray player or on the TV? I just use the internet apps on the blu-ray player. Any advantage to one over the other?
post #174 of 1241 Old 06-30-2010, 10:52 AM

It is the same if you do not need Skype and it is at least cheaper with player(integrated WiFi antenna)
post #175 of 1241 Old 06-30-2010, 11:48 AM

I've found that turning the 24p output setting to "on" only lasts for the duration that the player is turned on. When I turn it off, then back on, the 24p output setting has gone back to "off", which is really annoying. Is there a workaround for this?
post #176 of 1241 Old 07-01-2010, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegee View Post

I've found that turning the 24p output setting to "on" only lasts for the duration that the player is turned on. When I turn it off, then back on, the 24p output setting has gone back to "off", which is really annoying. Is there a workaround for this?

I tested this yesterday and can confirm that even with the latest firmware it does not retain the 24fps setting. It's always OFF after a 'reboot'.
post #177 of 1241 Old 07-01-2010, 05:43 AM

I am using HDMI switching on a new 1.4 HDMI pioneer AV receiver. I set up the system a few weeks and just recently played the M v. A 3D disc. The 3d wasn't playing correctly so I thought it was an issue passing through the 3D signal. After some troubleshooting and anxiety I found that the 3D auto detect mode on the BD player does not work when viewing 3D content via HDMI switching. Not a big deal as you just need to manually select 3D mode vs. 2D mode or Auto, but just an FYI.
post #178 of 1241 Old 07-01-2010, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan_1 View Post

I am using HDMI switching on a new 1.4 HDMI pioneer AV receiver. I set up the system a few weeks and just recently played the M v. A 3D disc. The 3d wasn't playing correctly so I thought it was an issue passing through the 3D signal. After some troubleshooting and anxiety I found that the 3D auto detect mode on the BD player does not work when viewing 3D content via HDMI switching. Not a big deal as you just need to manually select 3D mode vs. 2D mode or Auto, but just an FYI.

Same problem here but with a Sony CT150. I just had to force the 3D mode to on and all was good.
post #179 of 1241 Old 07-01-2010, 11:11 AM

Hello !
I need some help, i want to play dvd´s from a usb HDD like you do with a dvd player, i cannot move around in main menu etc, i can change sound but not subtitle when the movie is going by choosing audio, i want the subtitles.
Is this possible ? on my tvix i just choose the ifo and then i have everything like dvd player.
post #180 of 1241 Old 07-02-2010, 04:49 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSoares View Post

How is the wireless reception on this player?

I tried getting mine connected to my FiOS Actiontec router and was not successful. I have a PS3, a netbook, and any laptop/iPhone I try connected to my wireless network in the same room but the C6900 won't connect.

Could it be because my wi-fi network is B/G only? Could be be because my SSID is not broadcasted? Is my WPA2 key too long?

Appreciate any clues. Thanks.

I have Fios and the actiontec router and connected with no problem. All I needed was to put in the WEP key on the white sitcker of the router into the player.

HD DVD = 64
Blu-Ray = 171
Blu-Ray 3D = 10
SDVD = 585
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Samsung Bd C6900 3d Blu Ray Player Refurbished , Samsung , Samsung Bd C6500 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Samsung Refurbished Blu Ray Disc Player Bd C5500 B
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page