Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 1241 Old 07-10-2010, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

Has anyone been able to successfully launch Pandora by setting up an account on your PC then using the code given by the BD player? I've got an account but whenever I use the code given by the player I always get "cannot log-in device licensing problem." I've contacted Pandora a few times but what they tell me does not work.

Yes. Worked for me too.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 1241 Old 07-10-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeG44 View Post

I have it on Auto ....

Are you using BD Wise? If so, I'm pretty sure that BD Wise and Auto don't up convert.

Dave
post #213 of 1241 Old 07-10-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain View Post

so...nobody is having lossless audio issues other than myself and someone earlier with an onkyo receiver?

You are not the only one. I have seen other complaints online and even read reviews that mention the problem. I have tested the BD-C6900 with several AV receivers and also found that lossless audio works with some but not others.

I have access to more test equipment than the average person and investigated the problem in a bit more detail. I found that when the BD-C6900 is outputting lossless audio, the parity bits in the audio stream are not set correctly. This is a violation of the relevant specifications. For a device receiving this signal, the incorrect parity would normally indicate a corrupted signal and a reasonable thing to do is mute the audio.

My conclusion is that lossless audio from the BD-C6900 is out of spec and will only work with AVR's that ignore the parity bit.

In some cases, an AVR manufacturer may be able to disable the parity check via a software update. In other cases, the parity check is a hard wired function of the HDMI receiver chip which cannot be turned off.

Hopefully Samsung will release a software fix for this. Although, it is possible that it is a silicon problem for which a software fix is not possible.
post #214 of 1241 Old 07-10-2010, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkegel View Post

Are you using BD Wise? If so, I'm pretty sure that BD Wise and Auto don't up convert.

Dave

No BD Wise - Just Auto on the resolution setting
post #215 of 1241 Old 07-11-2010, 04:55 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Anyone know how to abort the upgrade process? I turn on the player, it connects to the server and then hangs on "checking software version..." I've had it sit there for 30 minutes with nothing happening. Tried resetting it (unplugged for 10 minutes, holding stop button) and nothing. Could samsung's servers be down? I also thought about upgrading with a USB drive but server times out trying to download the firmware.

HD DVD = 64
Blu-Ray = 171
Blu-Ray 3D = 10
SDVD = 585
post #216 of 1241 Old 07-11-2010, 06:20 AM
Advanced Member

Screw it. Got onto chat with samsung. He knew his stuff but nothing worked. Unplugging didn't work, holding stop didn't reset. Finally downloaded firmware off the website (which was another huge problem. Hint: take "org" off the start of the URL if it keeps timing out). Plugged it in - nothing. Unplugged unit, waited 5 minutes, plugged in the USB, plugged in the unit - nothing. Splash screen, checks server connection, and right to "checking software version..." and hangs. Doesn't look at the USB at all.
Taking it back and getting a sony S570. Supposedly sucks at Netflix; we'll see.

HD DVD = 64
Blu-Ray = 171
Blu-Ray 3D = 10
SDVD = 585
post #217 of 1241 Old 07-11-2010, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngwest36 View Post

Screw it. Got onto chat with samsung. He knew his stuff but nothing worked. Unplugging didn't work, holding stop didn't reset. Finally downloaded firmware off the website (which was another huge problem. Hint: take "org" off the start of the URL if it keeps timing out). Plugged it in - nothing. Unplugged unit, waited 5 minutes, plugged in the USB, plugged in the unit - nothing. Splash screen, checks server connection, and right to "checking software version..." and hangs. Doesn't look at the USB at all.
Taking it back and getting a sony S570. Supposedly sucks at Netflix; we'll see.

Weird ! What happens when you start without internet connection att all ?
post #218 of 1241 Old 07-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba08 View Post

Weird ! What happens when you start without internet connection att all ?

Trouble is you'll never find out unless you turn auto update off in settings cause it's apparently the first thing it does when you turn it on it go online to check for new firmware. So, I could never turn off the internet in settings cause I couldn't get to it.

Well, I didn't get the sony, got another 6900. Turned off auto update the first thing and did a manual firmware update via USB. But now, Internet@ won't connect. Network setting all pass and it shows I'm online, but I get that "connect to the internet....not available in all countries..." I push enter (since I assume what you're supposed to do) get the splash screen but it doesn't ask me to accept the terms and conditions like the first player I returned. Looks like Cnet was right about samsung quality problems.

HD DVD = 64
Blu-Ray = 171
Blu-Ray 3D = 10
SDVD = 585
post #219 of 1241 Old 07-11-2010, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post

Has anyone been able to successfully launch Pandora by setting up an account on your PC then using the code given by the BD player? I've got an account but whenever I use the code given by the player I always get "cannot log-in device licensing problem." I've contacted Pandora a few times but what they tell me does not work.

It's worked for me 3 times. The first time for a player I had to return, the 2nd for the replacement player I kept, and a third time for my Samsung TV. I've had a Pandora account for years, and subscribe to Pandora One, but I don't know if that makes a difference.
post #220 of 1241 Old 07-11-2010, 09:54 PM

Does this stream Netflix like the xbox 360? I'm new to all this, and I was told that the 360 Netflix streams are higher quality than most

I've read through this thread about audio lag issues during any kind of playback. Has this been fixed yet via FW update?
post #221 of 1241 Old 07-12-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dza View Post

Does this stream Netflix like the xbox 360? I'm new to all this, and I was told that the 360 Netflix streams are higher quality than most

I've read through this thread about audio lag issues during any kind of playback. Has this been fixed yet via FW update?

It streams netflix. It used to have audio lag but that was fixed with FW update. It's perfect now in my opinion, I watched a couple of movies through netflix this weekend and have no complaints at all.
post #222 of 1241 Old 07-12-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSoares View Post

It streams netflix. It used to have audio lag but that was fixed with FW update. It's perfect now in my opinion, I watched a couple of movies through netflix this weekend and have no complaints at all.

Does netflix stream in HD?
post #223 of 1241 Old 07-12-2010, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanayoda View Post

Does netflix stream in HD?

Yes...but it's 720p with stereo audio. To my eyes it looks like a very good looking DVD versus HD, but it's much better than the Cable Co.'s supposedly HD On Demand, which looks like poo.

David Vaughn

Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer

Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)

post #224 of 1241 Old 07-12-2010, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

Okay Has ANYONE had problems with the Internet@TV app? Connecting, etc. on 11 or 12 July?
Wired, wireless, router can ping it, player says network's good and has internet connection but won't do the first-time internet@ log in. If no one else is having problems, sucker's going back.

HD DVD = 64
Blu-Ray = 171
Blu-Ray 3D = 10
SDVD = 585
post #225 of 1241 Old 07-12-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:

Okay Has ANYONE had problems with the Internet@TV app? Connecting, etc. on 11 or 12 July?
Wired, wireless, router can ping it, player says network's good and has internet connection but won't do the first-time internet@ log in. If no one else is having problems, sucker's going back.

You are not alone. I've got Verizon FiOS and I cannot get my C6900 to connect to the service or update the firmware online. I've tried DHCP, static, wired, and wireless. I've even got the IP of the C6900 in the DMZ. No go.

Edit: I should mention this issue happened with the shipping firmware and the latest available (v1012.4)
post #226 of 1241 Old 07-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robor View Post

You are not alone. I've got Verizon FiOS and I cannot get my C6900 to connect to the service or update the firmware online. I've tried DHCP, static, wired, and wireless. I've even got the IP of the C6900 in the DMZ. No go.

I've been cruzing verizon and Cnet forums and this is apparently a common issue between verizon FiOs and samsung and according to some, samsung is aware of it but no idea of when or if a fix. Odd thing is my first c6900 DID connect to internet@ TV but this one did not.

And it doesn't affect all fios users either; seems common in the NE though. Going to have to take it back. Not going to wait for them to fix it.

HD DVD = 64
Blu-Ray = 171
Blu-Ray 3D = 10
SDVD = 585
post #227 of 1241 Old 07-12-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:

I've been cruzing verizon and Cnet forums and this is apparently a common issue between verizon FiOs and samsung and according to some, samsung is aware of it but no idea of when or if a fix. Odd thing is my first c6900 DID connect to internet@ TV but this one did not.

And it doesn't affect all fios users either; seems common in the NE though. Going to have to take it back. Not going to wait for them to fix it.

I just got off the phone with Samsung support. They have a bulletin dated 7/1/10 on the issue. According to them Samsung and Verizon are allegedly working hard toward a resolution. Take that for what it's worth.
post #228 of 1241 Old 07-13-2010, 05:33 AM

Hmmm, for now my 6900 and FiOS router are working nice together, I hope that doesn't change soon, I really liked streaming netflix using the 6900 instead of my PS3 (which is much louder).
post #229 of 1241 Old 07-13-2010, 05:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robor View Post

I just got off the phone with Samsung support. They have a bulletin dated 7/1/10 on the issue. According to them Samsung and Verizon are allegedly working hard toward a resolution. Take that for what it's worth.

I've heard that on other forums but it was described as finger pointing rather that a cooperative effort; thanks for verifying. Too bad they didn't tell the CS rep I chatted with last night. He wanted me to reset it. Didn't change anything of course.

But I only have 28 days left to get it back to BB. I'm really impressed with its speed, blu ray and netflix HD PQ (at least with what I saw on the first 6900 before it bricked itself), but if it won't work with Fios, what else won't it work with now or in the future? It's in my car now so I got about 8 hours to be convinced it's worth keeping.

HD DVD = 64
Blu-Ray = 171
Blu-Ray 3D = 10
SDVD = 585
post #230 of 1241 Old 07-13-2010, 05:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hmmm, for now my 6900 and FiOS router are working nice together, I hope that doesn't change soon, I really liked streaming netflix using the 6900 instead of my PS3 (which is much louder).

From what I've learned it appears to be only certain samsung servers. People have run traces and say that it dies when it hits servers in Korea (or Malaysia, don't remember which). So, depending on what part of the country you're in your internet@ signal gets routed to a different server.

HD DVD = 64
Blu-Ray = 171
Blu-Ray 3D = 10
SDVD = 585
post #231 of 1241 Old 07-13-2010, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

From what I've learned it appears to be only certain samsung servers. People have run traces and say that it dies when it hits servers in Korea (or Malaysia, don't remember which). So, depending on what part of the country you're in your internet@ signal gets routed to a different server.

So the problems is on the Samsung´s servers and not the 6900 ?
Sometimes i get problems with my internet connection, the connections seems ok but there is something wrong, i use to reset my Cable Modem and then it works again, this problem comes often with new things connected to the internet like the 6900 etc.
I am also using this bat script when having problems with the connection

ipconfig /release
net stop "DHCP Client"
net start "DHCP Client"
ipconfig /renew
pause
post #232 of 1241 Old 07-13-2010, 07:24 AM

I've my new BD-C6900 and internet connection is awesome with wifi.

I also have another device which require internet connection and that device doesn't support wifi - only wired connection.
I'm wondering if I connect a ethernet cable from the BD to the device, will it work? Its almost like a access point.

Has anyone done this kind of setup?
post #233 of 1241 Old 07-13-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhl71 View Post

I've my new BD-C6900 and internet connection is awesome with wifi.

I also have another device which require internet connection and that device doesn't support wifi - only wired connection.
I'm wondering if I connect a ethernet cable from the BD to the device, will it work? Its almost like a access point.

Has anyone done this kind of setup?

This would be awesome but I truly doubt it does that. I haven't tried but if you do, let us know. I could get my TV online that way
post #234 of 1241 Old 07-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba08 View Post

So the problems is on the Samsung´s servers and not the 6900 ?
Sometimes i get problems with my internet connection, the connections seems ok but there is something wrong, i use to reset my Cable Modem and then it works again, this problem comes often with new things connected to the internet like the 6900 etc.
I am also using this bat script when having problems with the connection

ipconfig /release
net stop "DHCP Client"
net start "DHCP Client"
ipconfig /renew
pause

Pretty sure it's the servers. Us that are having internet@TV problems also can not access Samsung's download support center which are also located in Korea. We can't download firmware, manuals, etc., all time out.

HD DVD = 64
Blu-Ray = 171
Blu-Ray 3D = 10
SDVD = 585
post #235 of 1241 Old 07-13-2010, 09:53 AM

Have you guys having issues tried changing your DNS servers? I don't use Verizon's DNS servers, they are too slow for me. I use Open DNS I think or even Google's DNS server. Maybe that could solve your issue and you'd go to a server not in Korea or one of the ones causing issues.
post #236 of 1241 Old 07-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Have you guys having issues tried changing your DNS servers? I don't use Verizon's DNS servers, they are too slow for me. I use Open DNS I think or even Google's DNS server. Maybe that could solve your issue and you'd go to a server not in Korea or one of the ones causing issues.

I've looked at this; some say it works others say no. Won't hurt to try I guess.

HD DVD = 64
Blu-Ray = 171
Blu-Ray 3D = 10
SDVD = 585
post #237 of 1241 Old 07-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I've looked at this; some say it works others say no. Won't hurt to try I guess.

welp, changed my router's DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. and manually set the c6900 to that as well and no joy.

HD DVD = 64
Blu-Ray = 171
Blu-Ray 3D = 10
SDVD = 585
post #238 of 1241 Old 07-13-2010, 07:43 PM

Got my new BD-C6900 and updated to the latest firmware (1012.4)..when i initalize internet@tv, i don't get apps like netflix, pandora etc..
All i have is facebook, accuweather, youtube and some games..no matter what i do i don't get other apps like netfilix etc..

I've created an account too ..no luck

any help??
post #239 of 1241 Old 07-14-2010, 01:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 160
C6900 with latest firmware...

Anybody experiencing random brief skips at & after the layer change on BD-r 50gb discs (the skips seldom happen at the exact same place twice)?

My PS3 and Panny BD35 play back the same discs with zero issues so I know it's not the discs.

Thanks,
Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #240 of 1241 Old 07-14-2010, 11:19 PM

I've been hoping to move to a diskless setup and have been ripping my blurays to MKV format. I tried first to connect them via my UNC468000. Everything plays beautifully, but apparently the TV will only output 2.0 audio. FAIL!

While playing, FF/RW work. Skip chapters work.. and if you hit enter, it brings up a list of chapters.

But.. I want 5.1 audio.. so I decided to plug my USB drive into the DVD player which does output the audio okay.

The MediaPlay app on the bluray player doesn't seem to be "chapter aware". If I hit the skip button, it takes me to the next movie on the HD and I can't figure out anyway to navigate within a movie.

So I seem to be trapped between 2.0 sound or no chapters. WTF?!?

Any bright ideas?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Samsung Bd C6900 3d Blu Ray Player Refurbished , Samsung , Samsung Bd C6500 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Samsung Refurbished Blu Ray Disc Player Bd C5500 B
Gear in this thread - C6500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page