Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 1625 Old 07-13-2010, 05:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bluray is connected directly to TV via HDMI only

- Audio worked perfectly before firmware update
- Immediately after, it stopped working.
- Replacement unit without firmware update works perfectly

As a software engineer myself, it seems pretty clear that the firmware update broke something that affects the interface to my Mitsubishi DLP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1625 Old 07-13-2010, 09:44 PM

New to this forum and want to first say a thumbs up.

I do have a problem that I couldn't seem to find a solution for and maybe some of you had the same and solved it.

I have a BD-C6500 that is connected to my Samsung LN55C630, when watching blue-ray movies such as Avitar, Iron Man, and a few others I notice randomly that their is a split second video studder which occurs at different times and randomly through out the movies but the audio is fine. I've tried different hdmi cables and still the same studders and sometimes not even at the same places. I've disabled BD live in case this could have caused any problems, and the newest firmware 1013.4 is installed. I did pick up another DB-C6500 thinking it was the player but the new one does the same so back it goes.

Scratching my head here and lost with options to try now. If anyone has this problem please let me know.

Thanks
post #543 of 1625 Old 07-14-2010, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoro View Post

Is avatar packed with player? My order is coming out to be $194, not showing avatar BD included. Must cancel! I guess!

still awaited responses to:

It was $194 and the BD was shipped separately - backordered. 6ave electronics I think
post #544 of 1625 Old 07-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Gib

Has anyone been able to stream MKV files from a PC without using the Samsung PC Share Manager? I am tired of installing different media streaming/sharing apps for every device. I would like to stream/share directly from Windows 7. I have the Shark codecs installed on my Win7 64bit PC and can play MKV files on the PC, but they show up as 0 minute length in the WMP library. When I try to access them on the 6500 I can see them but they won't play because it thinks they are 0 length and just skips to the next file.
post #545 of 1625 Old 07-14-2010, 11:20 AM
emf

Liked: 11
Returned Samsung 6500 player

An excellent player with both BD and regular DVD. Snappy quick responses and I especially liked automatic display black-out. At only 4 lbs, it was very easy to carry from one room to another.

The player had no single-button A-B Repeat. The owner's manual said you had 5 seconds to accomplish A-B repeat and I didn't have enough skill to do that. Samsung very likely can re-program through firmware the Repeat button for A-B Repeat only, but I don't know if they would.

Sony's 1000ES player doesn't have A-B Repeat either, so Samsung isn't the only one who deserves a dirty look from you.

I wasn't happy to return Samsung 6500, but lack of easy A-B Repeat killed it for me.
post #546 of 1625 Old 07-14-2010, 12:02 PM

What are you doing that not having an A-B repeat function causes you to return the player?
post #547 of 1625 Old 07-14-2010, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginereality View Post

What are you doing that not having an A-B repeat function causes you to return the player?

Intrigued too what I'm missing out on

=====================================
My HT Thread index on 1st post
Samsung AllShare and Internet@TV Discussion
post #548 of 1625 Old 07-15-2010, 04:25 PM

I have a BD-C6500 that used to stream MKV very well. Then after several firmware updates, streaming MKV is giving me troubles. It pauses like it got stuck and then just stops. Then it skips to the next file in the directory and starts playing that.

Samsung support had me do a reset on the player which actually made it worse.

Anyone else have this same problem and possibly resolved it?
Is it a downgrade in firmware (is that possible) that resolved?

Streaming when it works is awesome. I even got subtitles to work.
But after several restarts, I just power it off and stream through my xBox. But I loose features, like DTS & Subtitles

Also, something funky this does every once in a while is, I will play a movie I have played several times before, then all of a sudden it complains about unsupported file format. What gives.

The nic on this is horrible. I ping it from my switch and it is slow with high rtt. Has anyone tried 100/Full setting instead of auto?
post #549 of 1625 Old 07-16-2010, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Samsung have updated firmware for C6500

Quote:

Ver.1015.2 Jul.16.2010
- Improve specific MKV file playback capability.

post #550 of 1625 Old 07-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Advanced Member

I put in the Lightening Thief last night and it hung up on the Fox screen, stuttered, but wouldn't play. I checked for a firmware update and updated the player. It still stuttered on the 20th Century Fox screen, but persisted on and played fine. Interesting.........just wondering if anyone else had any similar issues........
post #551 of 1625 Old 07-17-2010, 11:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr0483 View Post

I have a BD-C6500 that used to stream MKV very well. Then after several firmware updates, streaming MKV is giving me troubles. It pauses like it got stuck and then just stops. Then it skips to the next file in the directory and starts playing that.

Samsung support had me do a reset on the player which actually made it worse.

Anyone else have this same problem and possibly resolved it?
Is it a downgrade in firmware (is that possible) that resolved?

Streaming when it works is awesome. I even got subtitles to work.
But after several restarts, I just power it off and stream through my xBox. But I loose features, like DTS & Subtitles

Also, something funky this does every once in a while is, I will play a movie I have played several times before, then all of a sudden it complains about unsupported file format. What gives.

The nic on this is horrible. I ping it from my switch and it is slow with high rtt. Has anyone tried 100/Full setting instead of auto?

I got a samsung 5500 from costco.

Firmware update, samsung website does not recagonise my player lol.

I can use MKV/HIGH DEF audio , DTS too, down mixed from NTFS hard drive but ts, m2ts is no go! Any advise ???
post #552 of 1625 Old 07-18-2010, 06:47 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post

I put in the Lightening Thief last night and it hung up on the Fox screen, stuttered, but wouldn't play. I checked for a firmware update and updated the player. It still stuttered on the 20th Century Fox screen, but persisted on and played fine. Interesting.........just wondering if anyone else had any similar issues........

I'm getting real tired of the quirks with my C6500. Just about every time I experience some kinda playback issue with a disc. Granted its usually a quick 1~2 second pause or freeze somewhere in the disc playback but its enough to be annoying. Its not every time but like 75% of the time.

My next move is to try and return to Best Buy for another brand hopefully (got 2 year extended warranty) or move it to the bedroom and put my Sony BDP-N460 with the Home Theater hookup. We mostly just use the bedroom player for streaming anyways.
post #553 of 1625 Old 07-19-2010, 08:11 PM
rmf

I searched this thread but could not find this. I have an MX-3000 remote. Not sure if I loaded the Samsung commands correctly, but I figured I'd give it a try. No luck. The first thing I want to try to resolve this is to position the IR emitter correctly. I did the old shine a flashlight at the control panel trick, but can't see the IR receiver. Can anyone help me with this? Also, I'd be happy to know the easiest way to load the Samsung commands to the MX-3000. Thanks.
post #554 of 1625 Old 07-20-2010, 11:31 AM
rmf

Got the answer from Samsung chat support. It's on the front left of the panel. Seems to work. Posting this for others' reference.
post #555 of 1625 Old 07-20-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritInVA View Post

Samsung have updated firmware for C6500

I managed to get the 1015 update, but it seems like the went back to the old version. I wonder why...

I am still hoping to get a fix to their DLNA to be more compliant with mainstream streamers such as Tversity and MS Media Center. Specifically get the Pause, FF, FR funtions to work.

PCSM sucks, while it plays nicely enough, it gets stuck on database update on some files, which seem to work just fine with other streamers. So basically it's impossible for me to update the DB beyond a certain point.
post #556 of 1625 Old 07-20-2010, 12:50 PM

I've been steaming with no problem off my Windows 7 desktop using DLNA (though only Xvid encoded files so far).
post #557 of 1625 Old 07-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Gib

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr0483 View Post

I have a BD-C6500 that used to stream MKV very well.

Do you use the Samsung share manager software or some other media streaming server?
post #558 of 1625 Old 07-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Gib

Anyone know if you can get the 6500 to output the native format of the source disc, basically just pass it through on HDMI? I would like to have my receiver with the Reon chip do the deinterlacing/upscaling but it seems that you can only choose 480p as the minimum output on HDMI and no way to have it just pass through whatever signal it gets. The manual says that setting BD Wise On will output the original resolution of the disc, but I'm not sure that is correct. I also can't turn on BD Wise because my receiver is not BD Wise capable.
post #559 of 1625 Old 07-22-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gib View Post

Do you use the Samsung share manager software or some other media streaming server?

I just purchased a 6500 & would like to know the answer to this as well.
post #560 of 1625 Old 07-22-2010, 11:00 AM

Guys, anyone know how to disable disc auto load, this is killing me. Most of the time i watch stuff from external HD and upon switching on the bluray it loads the bluray and takes for every to load the disc come out of it...like stop and exit...the only way i can stop this is eject the disc and take out..this is painful process....If i dont have the disc in the player than no problem

rock
post #561 of 1625 Old 07-23-2010, 11:29 AM

I've had this Sammy BD player a few months now and every couple of weeks when I try to access Netflix I have to reactivate the player with a new code. When I go to my account on Nextflx, it shows the Sammy is activated. It even shows the last movie I streamed.
Is anyone else having this issue too? Any known fix?
TIA
post #562 of 1625 Old 07-23-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erock1 View Post

I've had this Sammy BD player a few months now and every couple of weeks when I try to access Netflix I have to reactivate the player with a new code. When I go to my account on Nextflx, it shows the Sammy is activated. It even shows the last movie I streamed.
TIA

There have been a few firmware updates over the past few months. Every time the player updates the firmware, Netflix will require you to reactivate with a code. In between updates, though, it stays activated, at least for me. I don't access the other online vendors, so don't know it that's true for the others or just specific to Netflix.
post #563 of 1625 Old 07-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Gib

I have the netflix activation problem too. I haven't used my player too much because my setup is still being put together, but at least twice it has asked me to reenter the code and definitely the last time I had not had any firmware updates. It seems to work for a few days and then require activation again. Annoying.

I also find it much slower to start playing netflix and rewind/fast forward than my xbox 360. I measured 18s for the xbox to start playing an hd movie and 46s on the Sammy.
post #564 of 1625 Old 07-23-2010, 01:22 PM
Gib

Sorry darn iPhone app caused 2 posts.
post #565 of 1625 Old 07-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

TIA

Someone else had the same issue with Blockbuster and he planned to give up on the player. Suspect if a player issue that Samsung will figure it out and update. Blockbuster said it was the player's fault and vis a versa. /Dan
post #566 of 1625 Old 07-23-2010, 04:37 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:

TIA

Yeah I've had to do the same with mine also. As others have noted very well due to the firmware updates. Oddly though I don't remember having to reactivate it with last update they released. Maybe they did fix it.
post #567 of 1625 Old 07-24-2010, 07:30 AM

Help!!!
We got the Samsung Blue Ray BD-C6500 as a "prize" though my husband's work.
I tried hooking it up through my denon 1909 with no luck. So I decided to try it directly through the TV, and then figure it out through the denon. So I hooked it up via HDMI to my Panasonic TC-P50S1. I turned everything on, and the initial "Samsung" screen came up while is said "Load" on the player. SO I know the input is correct. Then once it said "Setup" on the player, the screen on the tv went blank. I even tried putting a BluRay in...no luck.
What could be wrong in this scenario? Is the TV not compatible with the BluRay? Do I need a different HDMI cord??
Thanks for your help in saving my sanity....
post #568 of 1625 Old 07-24-2010, 08:06 AM

Ok....I think I've found PART of my problem.
I decided to hook up the BluRay the old-fashioned way...with the rca jacks.
It works! So that tells me I must have the wrong HDMI cord?
Is that possible??
What kind of HDMI cord do I need??
The cord I have was shipped with our bluray. So I assumed it was the correct one.
post #569 of 1625 Old 07-24-2010, 08:22 AM
rdn
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Research71 View Post

Ok....I think I've found PART of my problem.
I decided to hook up the BluRay the old-fashioned way...with the rca jacks.
It works! So that tells me I must have the wrong HDMI cord?
Is that possible??
The cord I have was shipped with our bluray. So I assumed it was the correct one.

There are occasionally HDMI incompatibility problems between devices from different manufacturers. There are probably some ambiguities in the specification. A different cable probably won't make any difference. A composite connection (red, blue, green RCA jacks) will also yield a good picture, however you will also need separate cables for audio.

Bob
post #570 of 1625 Old 07-24-2010, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Research71 View Post

Order one from monoprice.com

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Bd C6500 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - C6500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page