Samsung BD-C6500 Bluray Player------ - Page 37 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1081 of 1624 Old 12-29-2010, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm encouraged by all the positive comments so I don't want to return the 6500 if I don't have to. I need help with what I hope is a no-brainer (and that I'm overlooking something easy). What started as a simple swapping out of our old DVD player to a new Blu-Ray is causing me fits.

TV: JVC AV-27F485 (2004 CRT model)
Receiver: JVC RX-D202B (2006 model)
Old DVD: JVC XV-N510B (2006 model)

So I disconnected the old DVD player's component (and red/white audio) cables and simply reversed the process for the Samsung BD-C6500. Everything starts well; unit's display says "HELLO" and then "SETUP" and musical notes play, but no TV video, just blue screen.

I have tried: cycling through all input modes; checked color-to-color connections; checked physical connections; used different set of component cables; exchanged 1st unit at store but problem repeats on 2nd unit; reattached old DVD player just to make sure (and it still worked fine); and finally called Samsung tech support (they suggested calling JVC about "input" problems ). It doesn't seem likely that TWO units would both have faulty component connections. Does anyone have thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1624 Old 12-29-2010, 01:47 PM

Anyone out there who actually has their BD-C6500 confirmed to be connected to a WiFi network with WPA2/AES security only?

When I try to lock my network security down to WPA2/AES only, I get a message on the BD-C6500 that a policy has been changed and TKIP isn't enabled. It sees my network but cannot connect. If I loosen up security to allow WPA/TKIP, then the player connects.

How can a BD player sold in 2010 not support WPA2/AES? WTF?
post #1083 of 1624 Old 12-29-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post

Anyone out there who actually has their BD-C6500 confirmed to be connected to a WiFi network with WPA2/AES security only?

When I try to lock my network security down to WPA2/AES only, I get a message on the BD-C6500 that a policy has been changed and TKIP isn't enabled. It sees my network but cannot connect. If I loosen up security to allow WPA/TKIP, then the player connects.

I was having huge headaches with networking regardless of the security settings on the network. Most involved the oft seen "Physical connection established, but..." message when trying to connect. I was having so many problems that I almost returned it to the store.

Yesterday (last day for the Samsung before returning) I upgraded to the latest firmware (1020), and a lot of the networking issues cleared up. It's not perfect (a couple of dropped connections and once I had to WPS the connection after startup), but it's a helluva lot better than it was.
post #1084 of 1624 Old 12-29-2010, 05:38 PM

I decided to outsource my wireless networking in my living room to a wireless ethernet bridge and a wired switch. Too tired of dealing with shoddy WiFi implementations on consumer electronics devices (not to mention devices that only have ethernet). My TiVo and Blu-Ray player think they're on a wired network. The fact that my TiVo is actually on a wired network with my laptop (when it is not mobile) is a bonus. Lets me transfer shows to it much faster than I used to when both were wireless, sending stuff from TiVo to router (downstairs) back to laptop. Now everything happens through the switch and nothing has to leave the room and come back.
post #1085 of 1624 Old 12-29-2010, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

We record OTA shows on a MythTV box and play them via uPnP on a media player that will play DVDs as well as content we download (DivX). We want to replace it with one that plays Blu-Rays (and HD home movies). I tried an LG player, and it connected to the uPnP and played the shows fine. The show-stopper was that it was unable to skip forward or reverse, and wouldn't fast forward or rewind either. Does anyone have experience with this on the Samsung, and can verify that it can trick play OTA content (MPEG-2 TS) via uPnP from a MythTV box?

Xesdeeni
post #1086 of 1624 Old 12-29-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDesign View Post

I'm encouraged by all the positive comments so I don't want to return the 6500 if I don't have to. I need help with what I hope is a no-brainer (and that I'm overlooking something easy). What started as a simple swapping out of our old DVD player to a new Blu-Ray is causing me fits.

TV: JVC AV-27F485 (2004 CRT model)
Receiver: JVC RX-D202B (2006 model)
Old DVD: JVC XV-N510B (2006 model)

So I disconnected the old DVD player's component (and red/white audio) cables and simply reversed the process for the Samsung BD-C6500. Everything starts well; unit's display says "HELLO" and then "SETUP" and musical notes play, but no TV video, just blue screen.

I have tried: cycling through all input modes; checked color-to-color connections; checked physical connections; used different set of component cables; exchanged 1st unit at store but problem repeats on 2nd unit; reattached old DVD player just to make sure (and it still worked fine); and finally called Samsung tech support (they suggested calling JVC about "input" problems ). It doesn't seem likely that TWO units would both have faulty component connections. Does anyone have thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong?

The red/white audio cables you're referring to are for analog sound. Nothing to do with component video, which are green/red/blue cables. But yeah if you're disconnecting analog audio and component video from your DVD player and hooking them up to your BD player, it should just work.

If you think it's a JVC issue tho, you could try going straight from the BD player to your TV... maybe the JVC doesn't support 1080i... for that matter, does your TV support 1080i - you mentioned the model, but not if it's HD or not (and I'm too lazy to hook it up for you). If it's not HD, then the max res it can take is 480p... or perhaps its hd but max is 720p and it cant convert from 1080i... and most likely the BD player comes defaulted to 1080i... so what you have to do in that case is hook up video via composite (yellow cable), then use the menus to set it to 480p (or 720p, whatever your tv and avr can handle), then you can use your component video... of course at 480p video quality won't be any better than your dvd player, but you will get the other features (mkv, network features, etc) so that may be your motiviation for doing this.
post #1087 of 1624 Old 12-29-2010, 10:48 PM

hey everyone. first post. i have read a lot of this thread, but not all 37 pages of it. i will try to keep this short.

got this player for xmas. i had planned to buy myself a new tv already, but haven't found the right deal. so right now it is hooked up with standard rca cables to a CRT TV (i know... i know! new tv soon)

so while doing the setup. i noticed something weird. every so often (not random, but not constant) there would be like split second of distortion on the screen and it would make a noise like BLIP. This was insanely annoying since it did it quite often while it wanted to be an ass and not connect to my wifi for 45 min...

so tried to diagnose the problem
- not that specific rca cable, tried theirs and one of my good ones. same.
- i would pull the player out (it sits on top of the comcast box) and it would stop or not do it as often. put it back in, and it would do it again. then randomly it stopped
-now it does it occasionally, but i haven't heard the blip, so that is good. but i can still see the distortion for the slightest moment sometimes. menus, dvd in, playing avi off of a thumb drive, netflix, doesn't matter what it is doing.

i have some hdmi cables on the way to test it on my smaller lcd tv in the bedroom, and will test it on RCA in there as well.

Anyone notice ANYTHING like this?

Also, quick side question. Some of my dvds when it is doing the warnings, trailers etc i was able to skip easily on my old sony dvd player, this one seems to not want to do it. just says function not available or whatever. anyone notice this player makes you watch them more then other players? kind of annoying.
post #1088 of 1624 Old 12-29-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djironic View Post

I was having huge headaches with networking regardless of the security settings on the network. Most involved the oft seen "Physical connection established, but..." message when trying to connect. I was having so many problems that I almost returned it to the store.

Yesterday (last day for the Samsung before returning) I upgraded to the latest firmware (1020), and a lot of the networking issues cleared up. It's not perfect (a couple of dropped connections and once I had to WPS the connection after startup), but it's a helluva lot better than it was.

Same message I get. Firmware is already upgraded to 1020.1. When the network security is set to WPA2/AES, I just cannot get the player on the network. Sees it fine, but won't connect.
post #1089 of 1624 Old 12-30-2010, 04:54 AM

I also purchased this unit from a canadian best buy. Firmware is 1016. It's hooked up via wire to a wireless bridge that my xbox uses.

I have done YouTube and was surprised how poor YouTube HD 1080p looks. But that's just to state that it is getting Internet content.

I see no Netflix app anywhere. The only apps available for video and music are YouTube. No Netflix. No pandora.

And I tried to force an Internet firmware upgrade. No dice.

Is this a canadian issue where Netflix isn't part of 1016?
post #1090 of 1624 Old 12-30-2010, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma9o7 View Post

The red/white audio cables you're referring to are for analog sound. Nothing to do with component video, which are green/red/blue cables. But yeah if you're disconnecting analog audio and component video from your DVD player and hooking them up to your BD player, it should just work.

If you think it's a JVC issue tho, you could try going straight from the BD player to your TV... maybe the JVC doesn't support 1080i... for that matter, does your TV support 1080i - you mentioned the model, but not if it's HD or not (and I'm too lazy to hook it up for you). If it's not HD, then the max res it can take is 480p... or perhaps its hd but max is 720p and it cant convert from 1080i... and most likely the BD player comes defaulted to 1080i... so what you have to do in that case is hook up video via composite (yellow cable), then use the menus to set it to 480p (or 720p, whatever your tv and avr can handle), then you can use your component video... of course at 480p video quality won't be any better than your dvd player, but you will get the other features (mkv, network features, etc) so that may be your motiviation for doing this.

Thanks Enigma9o7, you nailed it! The default resolution on the C6500 (and perhaps all BD players?) was the "problem." For all the other old schoolers out there with an non-HDTVs and who are buying a Blu-ray player just to stream Netflix, etc., use the COMPOSITE cables (red/white/yellow) to setup the unit, then change the default resolution to the appropriate setting (480i or 480p), AND THEN switch to the component or other cables if you like.

For the record, the C6500 quickly detected my Apple Airport Extreme, which was 60 feet away and on the lower floor. Just updated to Firmware 1020! Thanks again, Enigma!
post #1091 of 1624 Old 12-30-2010, 09:39 AM

For all you having internet connection problems on setup, use the pin # method where the blu ray gives you a pin # and go in your router and select that connection by putting in the pin. They will talk to each other and your money...or use the connect button on your router if its on there. Then you don have to bother with the security questions. I was having a pain in the ass connecting both of my 6500, used th pin connection method, and it connected the very first time, havent had one problem since. Also, if you got the player, update to 1020 firmware, its the best so far!
post #1092 of 1624 Old 12-30-2010, 12:23 PM

I did the 1020 update on the blu ray. It corrected the aspect issue with netflix. Thanks very very much for the heads up here.

Would someone kindly offer a little Samsung firmware update 101?

This pertains to my SS plasma, but applies to my blu ray player as well I'd expect.

Update 1014.1 was released by samsung and was described, on their site, as addressing an issue with 24fps playback. I'd felt that was an issue with my televison set well before I'd even been aware of updates or even read these forums. It was that concern which led me eventually to the updates.

MY television was manufactured in November of 2010. Nine months after the 1014.1 firmware release. Firmware presently on the tv is 1016.
I simply want to know if 1016 is supposed to address previous releases of firmware and previous updates or if I need to install 1014.1 myself.

I've 'escalated' the question four separate times to their tech support and gotten pretty much four different answers to this.

First supervisor said that 1014.1 is the most recent and should be installed but if it turns out to be the case that 1016 was more suitable that I could reset the televison back to it. He said that if 1014.1 caused any problems then my warranty was voided since i'd installed it myself and it's my own responsibility.

The next supervisor told me that 1016 was the most recent because updates DO go in sequential order. He told me that 1014.1 corrections would be included in 1016. He said that no, there is no way to void your warranty by installing official samsung updates.

The third supervisor told me that 1014.1 was absolultely the most up to date firmware, that he's not aware of 1016 and can find no reference to it in his database, and that I should definitely install 1014.1 He told me that I could not void my warranty with firmware updates. He said I could reset to 1016 if desired in the update menus.

The fourth supervisor...

(why do I keep trying? because most of what the first three told me is either illogical, inconsistant with information here at avs, or inconsistant with the last supervisor)

...told me that "you don't know much about firmware do you? it does not work that way." I told him what I've learned so far about it comes from your previous three supervisors. He told me "They aren't MY supervisors!!" I told him by "your" I meant Samsung. He shouted at me "Do YOU work for samsung?" "Then you don't know what I do!"

This wasn't getting any better.

He said that updates are NOT released in any numeric order. He told me that 1014.1 would have been released to address a certain issue or issues, that those issues are NOT included fixes in further updates, and that updates do NOT displace one another in the television set. I guess that means they compile? According to him, 1014.1 needs to be installed in order to address it's specific fixes, and then 1016, since it is already there, stays there. He also told me you DEFINITELY WILL void your warranty if 1014.1 does harm to your televsion set. You download it at your own risk.

He also said that updates DO NOT apply to all models, DESPITE the fact that they are recommended on the upload page for that model. He said, "if you're not experiencing the problem for which the update was designed to fix, you shouldn't be updating it". If other people with the same model are not experiencing the same issue, the update does not apply to them.

Even if most of what this last guy says is true, why do I get the distinct feeling that I'm been ********ted with here on a number of levels?

This guy was realllllly testy with me and wanted to know why I seemed so sceptical of his information. He said that prior to being a support tech he was a system engineer at samsung (yeah, he took a paycut to deal with irritable dolts like me all day long) and knows far more about firmware, specifically samsung firmware, than "the people at the forums you're visiting". At the very least he sounded like he was better informed than the last three. How much of what he's saying is correct?

First supervisor's name was Kendon extension 1-8122
Second was Robert extension 1-9601
Third was another Robert extension 1-9602
Fourth was "Gary" (i think i was getting lied to here finally) who said he did not have an extension but an "employee number" 104.

This stuff just blows my mind.

Can anyone clear any of this up for me? Or could you tell me who on this forum might know any of this more positively so that I might PM them?
post #1093 of 1624 Old 12-30-2010, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 85
The supervisors are asses, apparently. My machine came with 1016. As soon as I plugged it in, it wanted to update to 1019. I didn't do it after reading about the Netflix aspect ratio issue. 1020 came out last week and I installed it. Player works fine. And these three updates were clearly in numerical order.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
post #1094 of 1624 Old 12-30-2010, 02:30 PM

I had to practically beg them to escalate me, even after being told numerous times that there is no level beyond where I was with the first tier of supervisors, before someone finally put me up to "executive technical support" claiming that I'd have my transcripts forwarded to the "executive" level and they would review and get back to me in one to three working days.

Anybody really think this is gonna happen?
post #1095 of 1624 Old 12-30-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:

My wireless network is WPA2/AES set up through my iMac and an Airport Express. My Samsung C6500 has no problems connecting and maintaining its connection. I have the latest firmware too.
post #1096 of 1624 Old 12-31-2010, 12:12 AM

"told me that "you don't know much about firmware do you? it does not work that way." I told him what I've learned so far about it comes from your previous three supervisors. He told me "They aren't MY supervisors!!" I told him by "your" I meant Samsung. He shouted at me "Do YOU work for samsung?" "Then you don't know what I do!"

Wow, it's a shame you didn't record that conversation. It's about time some of this stuff got posted on Youtube. I wish I was that persons supervisor because I would have taken pleasure in firing the low life.

"He said that updates are NOT released in any numeric order. He told me that 1014.1 would have been released to address a certain issue or issues, that those issues are NOT included fixes in further updates, and that updates do NOT displace one another in the television set. I guess that means they compile? According to him, 1014.1 needs to be installed in order to address it's specific fixes, and then 1016, since it is already there, stays there. He also told me you DEFINITELY WILL void your warranty if 1014.1 does harm to your televsion set. You download it at your own risk."

Then that is about the most stupidest way to have firmware updates. After all, what happens if you don't run into any issues between firmware updates but then you do later on after those firmwares that would have addressed those issues are now long gone? What a bunch of idiots.

Like I have said before, Samsung is clueless when it comes to writing and managing software to run their products. And now they think they can successfully make a tablet to compete with Apple's iPad. What a joke.

"He also said that updates DO NOT apply to all models, DESPITE the fact that they are recommended on the upload page for that model. He said, "if you're not experiencing the problem for which the update was designed to fix, you shouldn't be updating it". If other people with the same model are not experiencing the same issue, the update does not apply to them."

The guy is clueless and/or a liar because Samsung has designed their hardware to nag you endlessly to install every stupid firmware update. What is the average consumer going to do when they see that update screen pop up? Exactly, download it.

"This guy was realllllly testy with me and wanted to know why I seemed so sceptical of his information."

You should have told him "why should I automatically trust a rude and unprofessional person working for a company that has horrible and incompetent customer service?"

"He said that prior to being a support tech he was a system engineer at samsung (yeah, he took a paycut to deal with irritable dolts like me all day long) and knows far more about firmware, specifically samsung firmware, than "the people at the forums you're visiting"."

That's a scary thought that someone like that would be working as a "system engineer" or as tech support in any company. Way to go Samsung, looks like you got a winner there.
post #1097 of 1624 Old 12-31-2010, 12:17 AM

I went to play a Netflix movie today and the movie started by going into an endless loop of play and pause, play and pause, every second. The only thing that fixed it was to restart the player

I can now only laugh at the number of bugs I have experienced with this piece of junk of a Blu-Ray player. I feel so sorry for the average consumer that buys a Samsung Blu-Ray player.
post #1098 of 1624 Old 12-31-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphi96 View Post

I went to play a Netflix movie today and the movie started by going into an endless loop of play and pause, play and pause, every second. The only thing that fixed it was to restart the player

I can now only laugh at the number of bugs I have experienced with this piece of junk of a Blu-Ray player. I feel so sorry for the average consumer that buys a Samsung Blu-Ray player.

While the player definitely has its share of firmware bugs (not had any hardware issues), let's be fair and put the blame for your issue where it belongs.

Your issue is not the fault of the player. Your problem is a network issue. The player is buffering the content and the network cannot stream the content from Netflix quickly enough. What type of Internet connection do you have? Using wireless? Old router?

I have this player and have never seen buffering with Netflix...ever. I have a 30Mbps connection with Comcast, and we can stream multiple streams of content from Netflix simultaneously to the XBOX and Wii, as well as the BD-C6500, even in HD.
post #1099 of 1624 Old 12-31-2010, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

While the player definitely has its share of firmware bugs (not had any hardware issues), let's be fair and put the blame for your issue where it belongs.

Your issue is not the fault of the player. Your problem is a network issue. The player is buffering the content and the network cannot stream the content from Netflix quickly enough.

+1. With this player, I have had zero problems with Netflix via Ethernet connection, it it also works fine via wireless connection. There have been one or two occasions where the picture quality dropped down from HD to SD. In one case, it went back to HD on its own in a few minutes; in the other case, I pressed STOP and restarted the movie, and it was back in HD. Never had any "buffering" delays.

In contrast, there are often buffering delays with Netflix when I watch an instant queue item on my PC, which has the same kinds of internet connections as my Samsung (i.e., choice of wireless-G or Ethernet).

post #1100 of 1624 Old 12-31-2010, 08:26 AM

So far I'm enjoying the player - haven't experienced the problems in my first post again. (though, I've not paused a movie either). Turned off BD Live permissions but it still takes a long time to load movies. That's my only disappointment, I was really hoping (expecting) upgrading from the bd-2550 would result in a speed increase.

I've only watched 20 minutes of one thing on Netflix, but it was fine. Great to be able to stream wireless now.

Watched a few YouTube videos. It's a poor interface and searching sucks but.. eh, still fun to have.

Downloaded and tried several apps. Ok stuff but I don't think I'll ever go back into them again. Don't buy the player for the Samsung App store. I'm just happy to have wifi Netflix and be able to check for firmware updates without having to run a cable.

Hoping it has no problems playing all my movies.

Side note: as for calling Samsung - that conversation I just read was a shame. I learned a long time ago not to bother with CS of most companies and just rely on what you can find online.

Every forum should have a Phases.
Super Stick Phase Gets An HDTV | Part 2
post #1101 of 1624 Old 12-31-2010, 10:27 AM

The latest firmware, while addressing some of the Netflix issues, has still left my audio issue unresolved. Beginning with the 1019 firmware, my Netflix audio did not work on instant streaming. However, if I simply turn the player back off and on again, it would work. Never happened before 1019, and then it's happened every time since then. So when I installed 1020, I was hoping it was fixed. No dice, now I have to select my show from Netflix and play it, listen to the silence, and turn my player off three or four times before it will finally work.

Anyone else with Netflix instant streaming audio issues since 1019?
post #1102 of 1624 Old 12-31-2010, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlj93byu View Post

I had no Netlfix audio problems with 1020 or with 1016 (I skipped 1019).

post #1103 of 1624 Old 12-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Gib

I have an intermittent problem where the audio just comes out as a very loud buzz I believe from all speakers. It has happened twice, once when initially loading Clone Wars and another time watching deleted scenes on another blu-ray (forgot the title). It always starts at the beginning of the track and I can fix it by just fastforwarding or rewinding a second. This is using the HDMI output. I think the first time it happened was on firmware 1019 and then last night was on 1020.

Anyone else experience this?
post #1104 of 1624 Old 12-31-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlj93byu View Post

The latest firmware, while addressing some of the Netflix issues, has still left my audio issue unresolved. Beginning with the 1019 firmware, my Netflix audio did not work on instant streaming. However, if I simply turn the player back off and on again, it would work. Never happened before 1019, and then it's happened every time since then. So when I installed 1020, I was hoping it was fixed. No dice, now I have to select my show from Netflix and play it, listen to the silence, and turn my player off three or four times before it will finally work.

I haven't checked NF with firmware 1020, but yeah, I had the same problem with it.

The trick is not letting a DVD load (which is a triple-pain in the @$$ because you can't turn off auto-play for some stupid reason, and you gotta jam on the 'stop' button in order to get the disc to stop loading). Once a DVD/BD loads enough to start sending out any type of audio info, it screws up the NF service until you reboot.

Such a worthless player.
post #1105 of 1624 Old 12-31-2010, 07:41 PM

I'm happy with this player, my only qualm is the PC Share Manager software.

I had a TON of content listed as "sharable" and if I added just ONE thing I would have to run the software and "update state", and with so much selected, it had to apparently go over everything and it would take a half hour for it to finish updating, this, on my Windows 7 quad-processor, 6GB system.

So it is much faster if I don't ask it to see my entire .mp3 catalog.
post #1106 of 1624 Old 12-31-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:

Your issue is not the fault of the player. Your problem is a network issue. The player is buffering the content and the network cannot stream the content from Netflix quickly enough. What type of Internet connection do you have? Using wireless? Old router?"

Sorry dude, but you are wrong. First off, I never had this issue with my old firmware with the same exact wireless hardware and setup. And even if this player had a network issue who in their right mind designs a player that responds in such a manner?

Quote:

I have this player and have never seen buffering with Netflix...ever. I have a 30Mbps connection with Comcast, and we can stream multiple streams of content from Netflix simultaneously to the XBOX and Wii, as well as the BD-C6500, even in HD.

This isn't a buffering issue. If that were the case it would not all of a sudden correct itself once the player is restarted.

Once again, I never had this issue with my old firmware. And once again, this is poor design that allows a player to respond like that. It's as simple as that.
post #1107 of 1624 Old 12-31-2010, 07:51 PM

I have now had two different movies lock up towards the end of a movie on Netflix. The screen is frozen black showing the movie title and a filled "rebuffering" bar. Hitting stop, play, menu, or anything else, does nothing. The only thing that worked was the power button and restarting it.

Samsung's players are a joke.
post #1108 of 1624 Old 12-31-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP32 View Post

I haven't checked NF with firmware 1020, but yeah, I had the same problem with it.

The trick is not letting a DVD load (which is a triple-pain in the @$$ because you can't turn off auto-play for some stupid reason, and you gotta jam on the 'stop' button in order to get the disc to stop loading). Once a DVD/BD loads enough to start sending out any type of audio info, it screws up the NF service until you reboot.

Such a worthless player.

Exactly. Why design a player that offers different types of content to automatically load one particular type of content all the time. It makes no sense.

And good luck trying to get a DVD to stop.

You said it right, "a worthless player!"
post #1109 of 1624 Old 12-31-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon_fodder View Post

I also purchased this unit from a canadian best buy. Firmware is 1016. It's hooked up via wire to a wireless bridge that my xbox uses.

I have done YouTube and was surprised how poor YouTube HD 1080p looks. But that's just to state that it is getting Internet content.

I see no Netflix app anywhere. The only apps available for video and music are YouTube. No Netflix. No pandora.

And I tried to force an Internet firmware upgrade. No dice.

Is this a canadian issue where Netflix isn't part of 1016?

You have to update the firmware (manually\\USB most likely) and then when you go to the internet apps it will tell you Netflix is available and will download it for you.

I also cannot get the internet update to work. Using wired LAN and DHCP it just sits there at "Connecting to server..." and then returns to the Software Update menu with no error whatsoever. Not sure what the problem is. I may try wireless but typing in WPA keys with a remote is a pain.
post #1110 of 1624 Old 01-01-2011, 03:55 AM

I may be a little dumb, but does anybody know how to enter the underscore with the remote. Thanks
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Samsung Bd C6500 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page