Samsung BD-C6500 Bluray Player------ - Page 48 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2011, 08:29 AM
Member
 
waiting485's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnorm View Post

Is BD-D6500 capable of playing MKV and AVI files from NTFS drives without any issues?

Yes, I am able to play MKV (including high def) and AVI files from NTFS drive connected through USB.
waiting485 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-13-2011, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pbarach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting485 View Post

Yes, I am able to play MKV (including high def) and AVI files from NTFS drive connected through USB.

What about 44.1 WAV and FLAC files from a USB drive?

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
pbarach is offline  
Old 06-15-2011, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
audiomagnate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Western Colorado
Posts: 2,194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmf View Post

My 6500 wireless was working fine until a few days ago when I got a message, something like "Due to a change in policy, TKIP can no longer be supported. Please make a change in the wireless device." Long story short, I switched to WPA2. If you look in the manual, the easiest way to connect is to go to Network Configuration, then hit the RED button if you have WPS and send the signal. This worked fine for me and I'm back on line with no delay for Netflix, which is the only app I use over the wireless.

THANK YOU!!!! I had AES and TKIP enabled on my router, as well as WPA and WPA2. I switched to AES only and WPA2 only and it fired right up. I do remember that "Due to a change in policy message..." coming up now that you mention it. Thanks again.
audiomagnate is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Newbie
 
SpiffyItalian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm replacing this player because I had constant issues with Blu Ray movies stuttering and freezing in the middle of playing, requiring the unit be shut off and on and really ruining the experience. It's especially annoying when you have a bunch of friends over for movies. I'm hoping that the Panasonic 210 doesn't have this issue.
SpiffyItalian is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Member
 
mark_a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys,

I have two questions about the Samsung BDC6500.

1. For Videos, is it possible to display a custom icon image in place of the standard video icon next to file names (like a thumbnail)? I tried using the same file name and it does not work.

2. For Photos, why does this player not display thumbnails of your pictures? It just shows file names and then displays the picture when you select it. Any way to fix that and show thumbnails? It looks like Samsung didn't think this through at all.

Appreciate any help, thank you!
mark_a is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pbarach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_a View Post

Hi guys,

I have two questions about the Samsung BDC6500.



2. For Photos, why does this player not display thumbnails of your pictures? It just shows file names and then displays the picture when you select it.

I can help you with this one: It isn't a question. It's a complaint. So the only answers you'll get here are YEAH! or SO WHAT? You have a good idea that Samsung didn't have. FWIW, I have three other devices that can stream photos from my networked PC and none of them show anything except file or folder names. I'd guess that the time to make thumbnails and transmit them to the 6500 would dramatically slow the access time to get to the photos.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
pbarach is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 05:18 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 101
I experienced my first DVD freeze this past weekend. It only occurred once whel playing 22 episodes of a series, contained on five discs.

It froze at a chapter location. Pressing STOP and then PLAY didn't fix it. I had to eject the media to reset the resume capability.

Knock on wood, but I've yet to have it freeze playing BDs.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Member
 
mark_a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
I can help you with this one: It isn't a question. It's a complaint. So the only answers you'll get here are YEAH! or SO WHAT? You have a good idea that Samsung didn't have. FWIW, I have three other devices that can stream photos from my networked PC and none of them show anything except file or folder names. I'd guess that the time to make thumbnails and transmit them to the 6500 would dramatically slow the access time to get to the photos.
Thank you for your comment. I didn't realize that these devices simply display file names. This is my first streaming device. I assumed that files, particularly photos, would show up similar to Windows Explorer. I guess file names need to be more accurate for now.
mark_a is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 06:19 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_a View Post

Thank you for your comment. I didn't realize that these devices simply display file names. This is my first streaming device. I assumed that files, particularly photos, would show up similar to Windows Explorer. I guess file names need to be more accurate for now.

I can only gather that you've never noticed how long it can take your computer to create thumbnail images when you have hundreds of images in the directory and are 10 Mpixel, or larger.

Now, try that with a TV, or Blu-ray player, that has a processor that runs many times slower than your computer.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
amesdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,062
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post
I can only gather that you've never noticed how long it can take your computer to create thumbnail images when you have hundreds of images in the directory and are 10 Mpixel, or larger.

Now, try that with a TV, or Blu-ray player, that has a processor that runs many times slower than your computer.
Actually most jpeg image files already contain a pre-made thumbnail image. Most computer image processing programs ignore it so they can create they own more flexible versions of thumbnails.
amesdp is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 08:43 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by amesdp View Post

Actually most jpeg image files already contain a pre-made thumbnail image. Most computer image processing programs ignore it so they can create they own more flexible versions of thumbnails.

While that is true, you can't trust that it is there and if so and you use them, the user will probably complain when the JPEG file doesn't have a thumbnail and nothing appears.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Member
 
mythrenegade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_a View Post


Thank you for your comment. I didn't realize that these devices simply display file names. This is my first streaming device. I assumed that files, particularly photos, would show up similar to Windows Explorer. I guess file names need to be more accurate for now.

It was a fairly rude comment, IMHO.

Honestly, if you want a device to stream pictures to, get an AppleTV. I don't know about the current one (I have the old model) but my AppleTV shows thumbnails as you would expect. It's a logical expectation.

Joel
mythrenegade is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Member
 
mark_a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

I can only gather that you've never noticed how long it can take your computer to create thumbnail images when you have hundreds of images in the directory and are 10 Mpixel, or larger.

Now, try that with a TV, or Blu-ray player, that has a processor that runs many times slower than your computer.

I wasn't planning on streaming the actual archived TIFF files, I have compressed versions that are 72 DPI for computer viewing.

It's also not a good idea to dump that many files into one directory.

Aren't router's throughput like 50 Mbps? I think a device like a blu ray player should handle displaying thumbnails. It won't be instantaneous although it would be useful once they are displayed.

Otherwise what's the point of that feature? Who wants to sit in front of their TV and browse through folders and file names. Instead of marketing it as a Photo viewer they should just integrate it as a File viewer since that's what it is basically.
mark_a is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Member
 
mark_a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythrenegade View Post

It was a fairly rude comment, IMHO.

Honestly, if you want a device to stream pictures to, get an AppleTV. I don't know about the current one (I have the old model) but my AppleTV shows thumbnails as you would expect. It's a logical expectation.

Joel

Excellent, thanks Joel! Will look into the Apple TV.
mark_a is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 09:55 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythrenegade View Post

It was a fairly rude comment, IMHO.

How was mark_a's response rude?

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 10:07 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_a View Post

I wasn't planning on streaming the actual archived TIFF files, I have compressed versions that are 72 DPI for computer viewing.

Didn't say you were, considering the discussion is about JPEG files

Quote:


It's also not a good idea to dump that many files into one directory.

Who says? I shot photos of local play productions, and depending on the production I can shoot anywhere from 500-1000 images in a single night. I never have an issue with that many files in a single directory.

Quote:


Aren't router's throughput like 50 Mbps? I think a device like a blu ray player should handle displaying thumbnails. It won't be instantaneous although it would be useful once they are displayed.

No idea what routers can do. Local networks should go through giga-bit switches.

Quote:


Otherwise what's the point of that feature? Who wants to sit in front of their TV and browse through folders and file names. Instead of marketing it as a Photo viewer they should just integrate it as a File viewer since that's what it is basically.

I personally do not watch images via my Blu-ray player. I use the computer to do that.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 10:22 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_a View Post

Excellent, thanks Joel! Will look into the Apple TV.

Isn't AppleTV currently only 720p?

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Member
 
jlj93byu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyItalian View Post

I'm replacing this player because I had constant issues with Blu Ray movies stuttering and freezing in the middle of playing, requiring the unit be shut off and on and really ruining the experience. It's especially annoying when you have a bunch of friends over for movies. I'm hoping that the Panasonic 210 doesn't have this issue.

Me too. I even sent it in to be serviced, no change, and took it to a local repair shop and it still has the issues. It is horrible when you have a movie night with neighbors and friends. I can't wait to replace it soon...I'm tempted to take a hammer to it but realize it may be useful in the bedroom where I may be a little more patient in dealing with those annoyances.

I'm also looking at Panasonic for a replacement, the new 210. I have a Panasonic V10 TV and have been happy with it. It actually works, fancy that!
jlj93byu is offline  
Old 06-20-2011, 11:25 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlj93byu View Post

I'm also looking at Panasonic for a replacement, the new 210. I have a Panasonic V10 TV and have been happy with it. It actually works, fancy that!

If your TV can play Blu-rays, then why are you looking at a Blu-ray player?

The point is you can't compare apples and oranges. Two different technologies.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 03:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
pbarach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 2,589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythrenegade View Post


It was a fairly rude comment, IMHO.



Joel

I apologize if the comment came across as rude. The intended tone of posts sometimes doesn't come across.

AT&T U-Verse Northeast Ohio

Denon x4000, Samsung LED TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, etc.
pbarach is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 07:57 AM
Member
 
mythrenegade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach
I apologize if the comment came across as rude. The intended tone of posts sometimes doesn't come across.
Good to know. That's always the problem with the internet... Apology accepted and tone appreciated :-)

As for the AppleTV it is only 720p. There is speculation that a 1080p version will land this fall. We watch a LOT of photos on our (old) AppleTV because it uses the library as a screen saver while playing music. We love this feature.

I assume the new one does the same stuff but since I don't own one, I cannot be certain.

Joel
mythrenegade is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Member
 
jlj93byu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvideo View Post

If your TV can play Blu-rays, then why are you looking at a Blu-ray player?

The point is you can't compare apples and oranges. Two different technologies.

The Panasonic V10 plasma TV is not capable of playing blu rays. I was simply indicating that, as a brand, Panasonic has been more reliable for me. I'm sorry if I was misleading--I was not intending to compare TVs and blu ray players, simply comparing a brand to a brand in terms of overall reliability based solely on my own individual experience.
jlj93byu is offline  
Old 06-21-2011, 01:49 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlj93byu View Post

The Panasonic V10 plasma TV is not capable of playing blu rays. I was simply indicating that, as a brand, Panasonic has been more reliable for me. I'm sorry if I was misleading--I was not intending to compare TVs and blu ray players, simply comparing a brand to a brand in terms of overall reliability based solely on my own individual experience.

Crap, forgot the at the end of the TV/Blu-ray line.

Because TVs and players are from two different arms of a company, it is very possible that the TVs could suck, while the players are great.

I'm pleased with mine. I have yet to have a BD freeze, though I'm not constantly playing stuff with it. And only recently had my first DVD freeze. I don't do internet downloads, i.e., Netflix, etc.

That said, it isn't good that it freezes, period.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
Old 06-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Member
 
beaglemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Could someone assist me with a question about internet connectivity? I finally managed to get the player connected to my Linksys E1000 router. Primarily used so hubby can watch MLB.tv on the big screen. My issue is that the stream seems to buffer every couple of minutes. I wanted to check and see if this is a signal issue with my wireless router. It is a N and the signal strength shows "good." Didn't know if a signal booster would solve this issue or not. If it would, any recommendations?
thanks!
beaglemom is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Member
 
mark_a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to rip a DVD so that the Samsung player can stream it via DLNA with menus and all as if it's playing the actual DVD disc?

Thank you.
mark_a is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Senior Member
 
JP32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 363
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglemom View Post

Could someone assist me with a question about internet connectivity? I finally managed to get the player connected to my Linksys E1000 router. Primarily used so hubby can watch MLB.tv on the big screen. My issue is that the stream seems to buffer every couple of minutes. I wanted to check and see if this is a signal issue with my wireless router. It is a N and the signal strength shows "good." Didn't know if a signal booster would solve this issue or not. If it would, any recommendations?
thanks!

The 6500 is next to useless for MLB.TV... I have one and tried to use it, it's just awful. Even tried wiring it directly to the router and got the same amount of buffering and bad video as I did wireless.

I assume the player is the problem, not your network, since your wireless signal seems to be strong. The player itself, just playing dvds and bds, is very slow and clunky... so I have a feeling the internal computer-type parts just aren't up to the task to streaming MLB.TV.

And it's a bad mix... MLB.TV is horrible at fixing their problems, and Samsung is equally horrible at fixing theirs.

For whatever its worth... A PS3 works MUCH MUCH better with MLB.TV (and everything else, for that matter).
JP32 is offline  
Old 06-26-2011, 06:23 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
mrvideo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 6,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_a View Post

Does anyone know if there is a way to rip a DVD so that the Samsung player can stream it via DLNA with menus and all as if it's playing the actual DVD disc?

Impossible. DVD operation is random access, streaming is not.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

mrvideo is offline  
Old 06-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Senior Member
 
aindik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP32 View Post

The 6500 is next to useless for MLB.TV... I have one and tried to use it, it's just awful. Even tried wiring it directly to the router and got the same amount of buffering and bad video as I did wireless.

I assume the player is the problem, not your network, since your wireless signal seems to be strong. The player itself, just playing dvds and bds, is very slow and clunky... so I have a feeling the internal computer-type parts just aren't up to the task to streaming MLB.TV.

And it's a bad mix... MLB.TV is horrible at fixing their problems, and Samsung is equally horrible at fixing theirs.

For whatever its worth... A PS3 works MUCH MUCH better with MLB.TV (and everything else, for that matter).

If you're buying something for MLB.tv, as opposed to using something you already have, I heartily recommend the $99 AppleTV. I've had no buffering. I occasionally get down-rezzed to a lower resolution picture when there's congestion, but almost all the time the picture is nearly indistinguishable from 720p HDTV.

I have a 6500 but haven't used it for MLB.tv other than one test, during the off season, before I bought my AppleTV.
aindik is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Newbie
 
BSUnruh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got this player and mostly got it for netflix and the usb port to play divx, avi, and mkv.

The mkv files will not play though. They will play for about a minute or two and then they will either freeze, stutter, or stop altogether. I have tired files over 2 gigs and between 1-2 gigs.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I need to know if its just broken and I could swap it out or just look into buying a different player...
BSUnruh is offline  
Old 07-04-2011, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
amesdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,062
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUnruh View Post

The mkv files will not play though. They will play for about a minute or two and then they will either freeze, stutter, or stop altogether. I have tired files over 2 gigs and between 1-2 gigs.

mkv files produced by what program?

Unfortunately there are enough differences in mkv implementation to prevent universal compatibility.

Have you tested to see if you can fast-forward or go to a time index in your mkv files? That's the other big problem.

I always use Handbrake and the H.264 codec to create mkv files for the Samsung player, and they always work just fine. MakeMKV files play, but can't fast-forward or go to a time index, making them useless with this player.
amesdp is offline  
 

Tags
Samsung Bd C6500 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off