Panasonic DMP-BD65 - Page 63 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1861 of 1874 Old 07-11-2013, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Has anyone's BD65 stopped streaming Netflix? All of a sudden 2 days ago, mine won't stream Netflix. Netflix had me run a bunch of troubleshooting, but nothing worked. They said my speed is fluctuating between 1-8 Mbps. Then I called my ISP and they found no such thing. A speed test showed 13 Mbps. I hooked up my 220 to the same TV, and it works fine. Tonight I will hook up the BD65 to another set and see if it works. Just wondering if other people's BD65 has gone bad(with Netflix). Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 1874 Old 08-08-2013, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have not updated firmware in over a year. Have to set suntitles each time i switch discs or turn on Blu ray player (watching 24 series). Think update would help?

Memphis Home Builder
post #1863 of 1874 Old 08-09-2013, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhseven View Post

I have not updated firmware in over a year. Have to set suntitles each time i switch discs or turn on Blu ray player (watching 24 series). Think update would help?
The latest firmware was April of 2012 (v. 1.76), so you probably already have it. None of the firmwares have changed the subtitle functionality. I don't know of any players that will keep subtitles on after switching discs. So you'll just have to live with that.
rjhseven likes this.
post #1864 of 1874 Old 08-09-2013, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim McC View Post

Has anyone's BD65 stopped streaming Netflix? All of a sudden 2 days ago, mine won't stream Netflix. Netflix had me run a bunch of troubleshooting, but nothing worked. Just wondering if other people's BD65 has gone bad(with Netflix). Thanks.

It will stream You Tube, but not Netflix. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
post #1865 of 1874 Old 08-09-2013, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It will stream You Tube, but not Netflix. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
My guess is when Netflix rolled out its new profiles feature it broke Panny's old app. The new feature also broke other older Netflix apps, like the one in Windows Media Center, which was subsequently fixed by Netflix. Someone's going to have to report it to Netflix and Panasonic to have any hope of getting it fixed. Most likely Netflix will fix it on their end. I doubt Panny will ever update that old app of theirs again.
post #1866 of 1874 Old 08-09-2013, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Poor performance with Netflix on my 65 drove me to the Roku. It's a much more stable experience.
post #1867 of 1874 Old 08-09-2013, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryperkins View Post

Poor performance with Netflix on my 65 drove me to the Roku. It's a much more stable experience.
And I don't think the 65 even does Netflix in 1080p either, nor does it do DD+ or subtitles. If you're still watching Netflix on a 65, you're really missing out.
post #1868 of 1874 Old 08-10-2013, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

And I don't think the 65 even does Netflix in 1080p either, nor does it do DD+ or subtitles. If you're still watching Netflix on a 65, you're really missing out.

I know it doesn't do 1080p. I replaced it with a 230, and gave it to my daughter. I was hoping to get Netflix streaming again on it, so she can stream.
post #1869 of 1874 Old 08-10-2013, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I know it doesn't do 1080p. I replaced it with a 230, and gave it to my daughter. I was hoping to get Netflix streaming again on it, so she can stream.
If profiles is really what broke it, then deleting them all might work. That was a work-around that worked for WMC users. If you have only one profile already, then I'm out of ideas. Time to get Netflix and/or Panny on the phone.
post #1870 of 1874 Old 08-12-2013, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
right,think so,Guess they still have to many BD60s they are trying to dispose of first.thanks mysm
post #1871 of 1874 Old 09-07-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

My guess is when Netflix rolled out its new profiles feature it broke Panny's old app. The new feature also broke other older Netflix apps, like the one in Windows Media Center, which was subsequently fixed by Netflix. Someone's going to have to report it to Netflix and Panasonic to have any hope of getting it fixed. Most likely Netflix will fix it on their end. I doubt Panny will ever update that old app of theirs again.

Netflix rep blew smoke and played with mirrors for an hour. First he said my ISP was jamming up then stated my player was bad. During prime time hours netflix chokes @ 500-756kbs. I ran a speakeasy benchmark through same network while netflix was fumbling their service that showed 11Mbps. Running netflix off prime time hours and I get 4-10 Mbps. Netflix will not admit it's on their side. It was fun while it lasted, but screw them if they can not meet their commitment and pin the blame on everybody else with FUD BS.
post #1872 of 1874 Old 10-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Is it possible to change profiles on this DMP-BD65? I have the latest FW, and I deactivated my account to re-add my account in order for it to give me the Profile page to select the correct profile but it just instantly goes to the owners profile. How do I select the proper user profile?

Thanks
Rod

EDIT: Did I really just say all that? LOL, completely failed to look at the last few pages of complaints. However, it is streaming 1080p for me just fine, but it only shows the owners profile and not the profile I created for it. Amazing how they find ways to get us to buy more hardware.

EDIT2: Ok, well we have given up on this player and going to get a Samsung now with the new 2013 SmartHUB. Seems to have the very latest version of Netflix and Plex app.
post #1873 of 1874 Old 11-07-2013, 06:27 PM

I updated the firmwate and now my BD65 just goes into a boot loop. It will eventually boot, but it can take up to 10 minutes. I tried reupdating, but it won't let me. Is there any way to force it to reupdate?

Andy
post #1874 of 1874 Old 11-15-2013, 08:03 PM

We've had our DVD player for a couple of years now with no issues. The other night, we had a power failure while watching tv, not a dvd. The next day, I went to play a dvd for my son and could not get any sound. I have checked all the settings and everything seems okay. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or is someone knows what the issue could be?

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Dmp Bd65 Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Panasonic Dmp Bd60 Blu Ray Disc Player Black , Panasonic Dmp Bd85k Wifi Enabled Blu Ray Disc Player Black

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page