Official LG BD550/BD560/BD570/BD590 Owners Thread - Page 102 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3031 of 6395 Old 12-02-2010, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone answer my question? On the BD570, can you fast forward with audio during movie playback?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3032 of 6395 Old 12-02-2010, 04:19 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsuboy View Post

Can anyone answer my question? On the BD570, can you fast forward with audio during movie playback?

Not in my experience with BDs, DVDs, or streamed CIFS/DLNA video.
post #3033 of 6395 Old 12-02-2010, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsuboy View Post

Just tried this with a DVD (don't own a BD) and there is NO audio at any FF speed (2 arrows, 3, 4, 5 or 6).
post #3034 of 6395 Old 12-02-2010, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogdan2 View Post

I'm playing a 720p mkv anime video file and the bluray player is filling in the whole screen when there should be the black borders on top and bottom, thus cutting off part of the video. It also cuts off part of the subtitles.

I've tried changing the resolution (720p / 1080i / 1080p) without any sucess. I can zoom in, but it won't let me zoom out.

Anyone know how to fix this?
I have a Samsung DLP TV and the LG BD570
Thanks!!

Dan--follow the instructions in post #2801 and post the file attributes here. We might be able to see what's causing the problem.
post #3035 of 6395 Old 12-02-2010, 04:30 PM

Thanks for the responses. Talked to LG support and asked them as well, but the person told me that it did fast forward with audio.

I guess the only players that does that are the PS3 and Panasonic (but not interested without DLNA) unless anyone knows of other players.
post #3036 of 6395 Old 12-02-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpinchon View Post

I am not using WMP12, I am using Windows Home Server, a NAS with built in DLNA...
Will try again tonight after rebooting everything...

OK, update!
According to the LG service guy I described my MKV not showing up after upgrading to firmware 323.c, this is a know issue! I'm surprised nobody else sees it...
losing MKV is a know regression of firmware 323.c, and to address it, he said to downgrade to firmware 288.c, which can be found here:
http://www.lg.com/us/support/product...roduct-profile

first entry...
I will try tonight, see if that actually restores the MKVs
post #3037 of 6395 Old 12-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

losing MKV is a know regression of firmware 323.c, and to address it, he said to downgrade to firmware 288.c...[/url]

Why would they tell you to downgrade to .288.C (which has the dreaded Cinavia audio watermark, no DivX TV app, and even more Blu-ray playback problems) when you could just downgrade to .317.C and be totally fine?
post #3038 of 6395 Old 12-02-2010, 05:45 PM

Liked: 14
I'm running .323c and I have no problems playing MKV over my network.
post #3039 of 6395 Old 12-02-2010, 06:07 PM

I stumbled upon recently released free apps for iOS and Android that claim to control the LG BD players. I have not found a reference to those apps in this thread, has anybody played with them yet?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lg-re...399323281?mt=8
http://www.androidzoom.com/android_a...mote_mllm.html
post #3040 of 6395 Old 12-02-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:

I stumbled upon recently released free apps for iOS and Android that claim to control the LG BD players. I have not found a reference to those apps in this thread, has anybody played with them yet?

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lg-re...399323281?mt=8
http://www.androidzoom.com/android_a...mote_mllm.html

Thanks for the heads up. I just tried it out on my iPhone and it works great.
post #3041 of 6395 Old 12-02-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post

I'm running .323c and I have no problems playing MKV over my network.

What network? He has Windows Home Server...might be that the problem is limited to that since many of us are using 323c o.k. with MKVs.
post #3042 of 6395 Old 12-02-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K. View Post

What network? He has Windows Home Server...might be that the problem is limited to that since many of us are using 323c o.k. with MKVs.

Windows 7 Ultimate. I'm just using shared folders.
post #3043 of 6395 Old 12-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

I have been testing various MKV building processes much of today and keep getting an error on the LG. Does the LG have a mkv size limit like there is for jpg files?

I used MakeMKV to make a 1:1 copy of one of my BDs with the DTS-MA audio stream. MakeMKV does not do any encoding or compressing of the data, it just makes an exact MKV copy of a BD. So can see no reason there would be problem with the LG handling the file.

The file I created is about 17 Gig. I figured it would not stream smoothly because of the large size but gave it a try anyway and can only get an "Audio Code Not Supported" error. I never saw this error with smaller compressed MKV files so I am wondering if it the file size. Of course the files play fine on my PC.

I am now copying it to the LG's harddrive to test it there but it is taking forever. I can see moving large files to my harddrive is going to be an overnight type thing.

Has anyone ever tried playing an exact copy MKV file that is 15 gig plus?

'

"It's not a lie if you believe it's the truth" --- George Costanza
post #3044 of 6395 Old 12-02-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasboy View Post

The file I created is about 17 Gig. I figured it would not stream smoothly because of the large size but gave it a try anyway and can only get an "Audio Code Not Supported" error. I never saw this error with smaller compressed MKV files so I am wondering if it the file size. Of course the files play fine on my PC.'

Search for DTS-MA in this thread. Your problem and a solution lie a few pages back. You can also MediaInfo (post #2801) to read and post the file attributes here for us to look at.
post #3045 of 6395 Old 12-02-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasboy View Post

I have been testing various MKV building processes much of today and keep getting an error on the LG. Does the LG have a mkv size limit like there is for jpg files?

I used MakeMKV to make a 1:1 copy of one of my BDs with the DTS-MA audio stream. MakeMKV does not do any encoding or compressing of the data, it just makes an exact MKV copy of a BD. So can see no reason there would be problem with the LG handling the file.

The file I created is about 17 Gig. I figured it would not stream smoothly because of the large size but gave it a try anyway and can only get an "Audio Code Not Supported" error. I never saw this error with smaller compressed MKV files so I am wondering if it the file size. Of course the files play fine on my PC.

I am now copying it to the LG's harddrive to test it there but it is taking forever. I can see moving large files to my harddrive is going to be an overnight type thing.

Has anyone ever tried playing an exact copy MKV file that is 15 gig plus?

I don't know if this can fix your problem but I have LGs TV and I use DLNA and I used to get the audio thing with their TV through Nero. To fix it I used Popcorn MKV Audio Converter.
post #3046 of 6395 Old 12-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K. View Post

Search for DTS-MA in this thread. Your problem and a solution lie a few pages back. You can also MediaInfo (post #2801) to read and post the file attributes here for us to look at.

I looked back and couldn't find any answers. If you know the solution, please just let me know, I might be missing something.

The DTS-Ma issues I read about in this thread had to do with header compression. As far as I know MakeMKV does no compression at all. I also tried BluRip with and without header compression and have the same problem: not bad sound or ticking or distortion, just an audio code error message.

I also am getting the same error with my BDs I tried to covert that are Dolby TrueHD encoded and standard dolby. I have played many downloaded compressed mkvs under 8 gig that are DTS-MA/Dolby TrueHD and they play fine in their native audio format on the LG. That is why I am wondering if it might be something to do with file size, not using compression, or trying to stream a file that is 15 gig + over the network.

Anyway, I am copying the file to the LG overnight and will see if it plays off the unit's hard drive in the morning.

Here is a dts-ma file I can't play I encoded:

Audio
ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile : MA
Codec ID : A_DTS
Duration : 1h 55mn
Bit rate mode : Variable
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Title : Losless
Language : English

Here is a dolby true Hd I get the same audio error code:

Audio
Format : TrueHD
Codec ID : A_TRUEHD
Duration : 1h 40mn
Bit rate mode : Variable
Maximum bit rate : 4 293 Kbps
Compression mode : Lossless

Here is a smaller compressed MKV with DTS that plays

Audio
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Codec ID : A_DTS
Duration : 1h 56mn
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 510 Kbps
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 1.23 GiB (22%)
Title : English
Language : English

post #3047 of 6395 Old 12-02-2010, 10:48 PM

So I have the most recent firmware update on my BD570 (did that last night) that's 1.5 months old. Since then, I've had various problems.

On the DVD 'The Little Mermaid', we lost sound during one part of the movie until we stopped the movie and started playing it again. This happened tonight.

On the Avatar BD, it froze for about 10 seconds, then it started playing again...but playback was then jerky for about .5 minutes, until it was paused, then played again.

If you hit the 'Disc Menu' button on the remote while Avatar was playing, the whole system would freeze until the player was powered down, then on again.

Another time, no matter what disc was put into the player (BD and DVD), it would give 'read errors', and the tray would automatically open. After powering the unit down, then back up again, it worked ok.

I'm concerned about the errors I've been receiving. It seems an abnormal amount of errors for such a new BD player. Any advice is appreciated.

xpfshost
post #3048 of 6395 Old 12-03-2010, 04:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpfshost View Post

So I have the most recent firmware update on my BD570 (did that last night) that's 1.5 months old. Since then, I've had various problems.

On the DVD 'The Little Mermaid', we lost sound during one part of the movie until we stopped the movie and started playing it again. This happened tonight.

On the Avatar BD, it froze for about 10 seconds, then it started playing again...but playback was then jerky for about .5 minutes, until it was paused, then played again.

If you hit the 'Disc Menu' button on the remote while Avatar was playing, the whole system would freeze until the player was powered down, then on again.

Another time, no matter what disc was put into the player (BD and DVD), it would give 'read errors', and the tray would automatically open. After powering the unit down, then back up again, it worked ok.

I'm concerned about the errors I've been receiving. It seems an abnormal amount of errors for such a new BD player. Any advice is appreciated.

xpfshost

Have you (sigh) disabled BD-Live and (assuming you're connected via HDMI to a 1080p capable display) set the 1080p output frame rate to 60 instead of 24? These two things seem to cause most of the BD issues reported here.
post #3049 of 6395 Old 12-03-2010, 04:26 AM

Ok got the bd570 last night (from newegg for $127. After FOREVER, I was finally able to update it.

I am no expert at display settings but I do have a pretty kicka$$ wired network.

Some things I noticed about display settings:

1) Some of the videos (avi, mp4, etc) shared on my network seemed to be cut off at the top and the bottom. Not sure why that is. Edit: I checked and it wasnt the "zoom" feature.
2) Did a comparison between my Roku box (720p version) and and the Netflix app. The Roku kicked the butt of this player. Never had a problem before receiving HD content (I was watching Monk). Both were run from the same connection (wired).

This is my first Blu Ray player....I havent even tried the player yet....I dont own any blu-ray discs. I mainly got it for the netflix app and the DLNA streaming.

Is there something wrong with my settings? I have it at 1080p/24 (also tried the 60). Sorry if this is a dumb question. Thanks.
post #3050 of 6395 Old 12-03-2010, 05:01 AM

Newby here. I have been following this thread. I bought a BD550 a week ago and it finally updated last night. Pretty happy with the player I just wish the NETFLIX application was like the TVs (searchable, genre's, etc).
post #3051 of 6395 Old 12-03-2010, 05:44 AM

I just purchased a 570 last night. So far so good except for one problem.
I can't get mp3's to output through the digital coax - only analog. I can stream everything else just fine.
Audio settings are set to pass-through, 48khz.
Lastest firmware is installed.
I didn't check it prior to the firmware update so I don't know if it's related.
I'm not using HDMI for audio.
I'm using TVersity to stream from my desktop but I've also accessed the mp3's from the shared folders. Same result both ways.
This isn't normal is it?
Thank you.
post #3052 of 6395 Old 12-03-2010, 06:28 AM

Tried searching here and all over the web but can't find an answer.

My Dad is looking into getting this player as my little brother is moving out and taking his ps3 with him.

He has an HK 2600 and would like to be able to use it for decoding.

the only info i could find is on the futureshop site that says "Audio output via HDMI = Yes" I am assuming this means it does bitstream.

any help would be much appreciated.
post #3053 of 6395 Old 12-03-2010, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi-

My BD570 is in the mail. Any land mines to be aware of? Did I understand correctly that you can hook a hard-drive into the USB for music streaming? How is the interface compared to DLNA?

These have been in major back-order with the holiday sales. Let's see what firmware mine comes with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3054 of 6395 Old 12-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Advanced Member

It seems I have been fooling myself. Even though my LG reads TrueHD or DTS-MA for some of the encoded MKV files I have downloaded, I am pretty sure it can not play those codecs from an MKV file.

The big MKV unencoded file with DTS-MA audio stream I copied to LG hard drive does not throw an audio error, it simply does not play when selected. Kind of depressing.

I am now looking into getting a Dune 3.0 base media player. The price is not too high and it plays just about any type of file/codec.

post #3055 of 6395 Old 12-03-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakophyte View Post

These have been in major back-order with the holiday sales. Let's see what firmware mine comes with.

It is back-order status that brought me to AVSforum. I should have been reading here first, but I guess I haven't logged in here in a year. And 100 pages is a lot of posts. I have an order in for a BD570 with Amazon for $117 and Crutchfield for $118. Crutchfield changed their status to Discontinued which prompted me to email to see what they meant. The response wasn't clear except they did expect a delivery at an unknown date.

Anyhow, I ventured to http://www.dlna.org/products and looked for LG DVD/BD players and it lists BD590, but BD570 is MIA. Likely a search issue, but it also lists certs for BD660/670/690 with certification dates of 11/18/2010. Also a couple of HR690s dated 11/29/2010
http://certification.dlna.org/certs/REG77143663.pdf
http://certification.dlna.org/certs/REG52561748.pdf

My Search here for BD670 shows one post that is likely just a typo. Has anybody heard of BD600s replacing BD500s?
post #3056 of 6395 Old 12-03-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhenley View Post

It is back-order status that brought me to AVSforum. I should have been reading here first, but I guess I haven't logged in here in a year. And 100 pages is a lot of posts. I have an order in for a BD570 with Amazon for $117 and Crutchfield for $118. Crutchfield changed their status to Discontinued which prompted me to email to see what they meant. The response wasn't clear except they did expect a delivery at an unknown date.

Anyhow, I ventured to http://www.dlna.org/products and looked for LG DVD/BD players and it lists BD590, but BD570 is MIA. Likely a search issue, but it also lists certs for BD660/670/690 with certification dates of 11/18/2010. Also a couple of HR690s dated 11/29/2010
http://certification.dlna.org/certs/REG77143663.pdf
http://certification.dlna.org/certs/REG52561748.pdf

My Search here for BD670 shows one post that is likely just a typo. Has anybody heard of BD600s replacing BD500s?

Amazon said yesterday the BD570 will ship on Dec 8...
It's quite possible that LG is preparing to market the BD600s, they would most likely announce them in January at the CES, but they will will be more expensive than the $117 you get on Amazon, that's for sure...

Which additional features do you expect?
post #3057 of 6395 Old 12-03-2010, 09:51 AM

I'm really pretty CLUELESS about what to expect on the 570, much less a 670. I've survived a lot of years w/o a BD Player and thought 9-12 months of firmware updates would avoid bleeding edge stuff. The most recent 20 pages of posts make me think there may be a little more work that I expected.

I put in an order at Amazon on the 29th for $127. On the 1st, I was told it would arrive between 22nd and 24th, but as soon as I looked, the price was $117. Calling said the $117 price wouldn't arrive by Christmas so I left things alone. Next morning, the $117 would also arrive between 22nd and 24th so I switched (it said they'd get a shippment on 14Dec).
post #3058 of 6395 Old 12-03-2010, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

It only makes sense that LG will be introducing a 600 series early next year at CES, with delivery starting in February or March. I'm sure the big change will be 3D support across most of the line, with minor changes made to the streaming abilities. So unless you need 3D (which you most likely don't if you're looking for feature-packed, bargain-priced players), getting the "old" model at near-clearance prices is the best way to go IMHO.

So far, I'm pretty pleased with my 570 (except for the slight stuttering/skipping when set to 24p). Oh well, for the price, it's a great little box.
post #3059 of 6395 Old 12-03-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank70 View Post
Have you (sigh) disabled BD-Live and (assuming you're connected via HDMI to a 1080p capable display) set the 1080p output frame rate to 60 instead of 24? These two things seem to cause most of the BD issues reported here.
BD-Live is disabled. I have it hooked up to a tube TV. Resolution is set to 480i.

xpfshost
post #3060 of 6395 Old 12-03-2010, 11:09 AM

I just turned on my 590, which I updated monday to 323c (after an endless two day process). It says there is a new driver H80597, replacing H80594. Anyone know what this is fixing?
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Lg Bd550 Network Blu Ray Player , Blu Ray Players , Lg Bd570 Network Blu Ray Disc Player , Lg Bd590 250gb Hd Network Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - Bd570 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page